Old 10-18-2010, 02:41 AM   #1  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly chat Oct. 18-24th

New pages Hope I've got this right.

Girls night out this evening, not expecting a huge loss on Tuesday

How are are the rehearsals going Sandra? And is there any news of Tejas's whereabouts? She's not done a runner with that dishy trainer has she?
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:15 AM   #2  

Good morning. Thanks for starting the new thread jojo and a big congratulations on your 3 lb loss. My husband loves baseball, football and college basketball. He is a Kentucky Wildcats fan. I love hockey. I'm from Michigan and we have the best team, the Red Wings. That's the only sport I will bother watching.

Sandra, you sound pretty busy to me. Isn't it amazing how short the days are once you retire? I don't know how I managed when I was working and raising a family.

Maryann, good luck at the dr. today. I had knee surgery in '95, was told I would need a knee replacement, but so far, so good.

My husband finally got here. He has been gone so much I was starting to feel like a widow. We are off to the antique shops today. We love doing that.

Not sure how often I will be able to check in, but will try. A good week to all.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 11:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

I am planning a better week eating...
I am back up to 148..urg..

I have been so tired lately it is making it hard for me to get
things done I need to do.

We rejoined a church yesterday that we used to go to when the kids were little.
It is the church DH and I met & married. The only reason we left was that the youth group was not what we wanted for the kids. It is great for the super involved kids but really drops the ball when it comes to outreach or activities that would encourage a kid to become more involved. When we talked to the leaders about it we were saddened about their lack of concern about the kids they are missing. Everything else is super at this church so with all the kids out of the nest we decided to return. The youth thing still bothers me though and I hope as we get involved we can help with some
activities for youth outreach.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Naw, I didn't run away with my trainer. But, if I weren't old enough to be his grandmother, I might make an attempt.

I went to the aerobics "Latin heat" class today and my body was really creaky. I then did some weights and could tell that it's been a week since I lifted any significant amounts. I can normally press 25 pounds dumbbells over my head and today I had to work hard to do 20 pounds and couldn't do more than 10 reps. But, I love the way my arms are looking...very strong biceps and triceps.

OK, enough about me

Nancy, as I was reading your post, I was thinking that maybe you should just get in there and do something with the youth. When I was in my 20's I did a lot of youth work, but I'm not so interested right now. But, I love being in a congregation that takes its youth work really seriously. We have our kids do a lot of public service, and a lot of that is about the environment.

I hope you're all having a good day.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 10-20-2010 at 07:11 AM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:19 PM   #5  

Default Todd and Rhonda

If this works, you'll see a picture of me and my trainer.

Todd and Rhonda, Oct. 2010.jpg
Old 10-18-2010, 12:25 PM   #6  

Rhonda... Its been on my mind & heart alot to do something to reach the kids that aren't going to come to church ,sunday school or a bible study yet.

I am looking for ideas that reach out to the kids that aren't
in a church and just need someone to care about things they are going through.
Blackaby's book Experiencing God says to find out what God is already doing
and jump in. Our church is good about supporting local ministries , so maybe I need to look for a group already doing something for the youth in our community. I just wish a kid coming to our church with their parents would
see an active exciting youth group.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:26 PM   #7  

Wow Rhonda ...

I think Todd could get even me exercising !!!!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 12:43 PM   #8  

hehehehehehehe NOW you know my motivation!
Old 10-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

And Todd could probably even get me off the recliner. Wow!

I just have a second here but should be back later tonight.

Maryann, I am wishing you the best with your knee. Can your daughter come help you? I hope so.

Got to go to OA. I'll be back later tonight or in the morning.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #10  

Maryann...
I had missed your knee post.
Oh no...
Let us know how today went & how the pain is..
I hope it will be a quick recovery...
Old 10-19-2010, 01:43 AM   #11  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

By Gum Rhonda... you don't get many of those to the pound. What a hunk

How's the knee Maryann?

How's the play going Sandra?

Nancy When I was a child I was forced to go to church every Sunday, rain or shine and belong to every group connected to it. The result was, that when I left home, I never set foot in one again for many years. I think your idea of encouraging them in without coerce is excellent
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

It all started last Monday when I was running to meet the ferry to MV I felt a pain in my knee and It went away as fast as it came ,So I didn't think too much about it. Tues the pain came back and I took some pain killers from my shoulder/neck injury and I was fine.Wed I went to my walking tour club and just for a precaution I wore my brace.and felt no pain. Thurs the same no pain or discomfort to my knee. Than on Friday the pain started again,but all my doctors have a 3 day off weekend up here,and I couldn't get to see any of them,so I put my brace on and took some more pain pills. Sat I was fine,so I decided to go to church on Sunday with a brace on.I was fine in church,and than I went to brunch with my friends at Friendly No problem there.After we left I told my friends I going grocery shopping,and my friend Mary had to go there also. The minute I hit the Stop & Shop parking lot and tried to get out of the car I heard a pop and I couldn't walk as the pain shot up my leg. So I decided to go home,about a 1/2 I called my friend Alice to take me to the ER as the pain didn't go away and I couldn't walk. At the hospital they told me that I tore my hamstring on the back of my knee and I had to call my orthopedic doctor for a emergency appointment. I have an appointment this afternoon at 3 PM. I'm sure I going to have another MRI before anything is done. That's my story as or now.

SANDRA-Don't want to tell my DD as she & my DS would send me back to NY to live and I don't want to leave the Cape. This is my home but they don't believe that.The only family member i told was my sister.

PAM-My DH had a knee problem and where they took arthritis out that surround the knee,the did microscopic surgery on him,but this isn't my knee its the hamstrings in the back of the knee.

NANCY-Today is the first day that I didn't need the pain killers. Hope that everything is ok when I go see the doctors.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages, the knee is feeling fine this morning. Hope that the doctor can find out whats wrong with it so I can get some treatment on it.

Have great day and I'll be back to let you know what the doctor said and whats my best treatment.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #13  

Maryann...thanks for the update about your knee. That must have really hurt!

Your kids don't determine where you live, do they? Just give us their contact information and we'll take care of them for you

Last edited by Tejas; 10-19-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:01 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Maryann, I was just wondering if you would have help at home if you had to have surgery and couldn't do for yourself. It sounds like you have a lot of friends nearby who would help. Thank you for telling us about your knee and please keep us updated.

JoJo, I went years without going to church, too. About a year ago Curtis and I found this little country church and are feeling like we're "home." The play is going to be cute. Most of the characters are hillbillies with a few city slickers. My main assignment is trouble shooting, helping cast members with projection and acting techniques. (I used to direct plays for competitions back in my other life.) The last 2 weeks I've had to stand in for absentee cast members. I feel sad for the director as she's having quite a time getting folks to rehearsals. They only rehease on Sunday afternoons, but this isn't for competition. It's for fun. I think all will be all right even if playbooks have to be onstage behind menus. (Set is a hillbilly cafe so there's a lot of sitting with menus.) Of course the main characters will have to have their lines memorized but it's already looking like that's happening. First rehearsal I told the director not to let me try to be too bossy. So far so good.

Rhonda, do you have yellow butterflies? We're seeing several each day now; plus, we have at least 4 bluebirds back. They come in around 6 pm each day to bathe then go to bed. Life is good.

My eating is good. My OA sponsor and I are now e'ing each other our daily food intake. That's helping me with portion control and late night snacking. I'm on day 133 dessert free. However!!!! Next Monday I'm making a sf/cake with sf frosting--new Pillsbury mixes!! I'm making it for the men's discipleship meeting but will have a serving myself. I am looking forward to this. What a change from when I used to have desserts whenever and as much as I wanted. This piece of cake is going to be special. When I was having candy, etc...... as often as I wanted, I started taking it for granted and didn't really enjoy it like I should. (Is this making sense?) I'm going to eat slowly and savor every crumb.

Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:47 PM   #15  
beachbum

Come home from the doctors,and Now its seems it not a torn hamstring like the tech told me in the ER but it might be a torn spongy disc[knee cartilage] in-between the two bones of the knee. He gave me a cortisone shot,and now I will have a another MRI and than a follow up at the doctor 11/9,to see what is really going one. The doctor told me not to used the big bulky brace they gave me in the hospital but wear more or less a ace bandage instead.

I'm so tired I can't keep my eyes opens I will post in the morning and hope the cortisone shot take the pain away.

Last edited by beach bum; 10-19-2010 at 05:54 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote