Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: August 9-14

NEW PAGES!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good morning everyone:

I'm on a mission to get this eating under control today. Travel is a great thing to do but it certainly plays heck with the restraint. I'm ready to be home, and that's a good thing since we leave tomorrow.

I'm seeing my God-daughter for a late lunch (you might remember that her mother died this past Spring), then some university people in the afternooon, and my godson and his family for dinner.

We've had a great time. Last night we sat around my friend's patio table and laughed and laughed. I was a little wistful about it all. I love my new life but I really miss my close friends here in Toronto. Ah well...

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 08-09-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #3  

I am enjoying 2 more weeks of having my son home before he leaves for college.
I am going to need moral support after he leaves. I remember you guys helping me through sending my older son off to college. Can't believe that was 2 years
ago.
A bit depressing that I am the same weight but the good news is I haven't gained.
It should be easier to diet with no kids at home because Robin and I can only buy what we should be eating ..

Good news is that I have started walking & listening to my Ipod. The music helps
me walk faster.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:15 PM   #4  

I'm proud of myself for today. I had a handful of almonds for breakfast, salad and turkey for lunch, salad and salmon dinner and lots of water all day.

Nancy, you're right, it will be much easier to stay on track when there's just two of you. I plan to try hard to get a routine started for cooking at home because we have cancelled DH's Nutrisystem (still has over one month's worth). I hope I can do the cooking that I want and that DH can comply

We leave tomorrow....!
Old 08-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! All is well here. I did errands by myself for 3 hours yesterday; something I'm not used to. Then when I came home and put everything away, it was time for dinner. We had some of my frozen meat and mushroom sauce over whole wheat rotini. It was fabulous and very satisfying....if I don't say so myself! Today will be a quiet day as will tomorrow. I hope to swim today. Tomorrow I have to do a 24 hours collection test to find out why I keep making kidney stones. TMI......

Nancy, we'll help to distract you all that we can. It's fun that it's just Jim and me. You can be a bit selfish at this point of your life. Enjoy your 2 weeks.

Rhonda, that was a great eating day for you. Sorry about the Nutrisystem. I couldn't do it either. I made it less than a week. My new approach is to weigh and measure it all out, serve it to Jim and tell him here's dinner. No seconds and no big helpings. Safe travels today.

Sandra, are you home yet?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:59 AM   #6  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Soory for being MIA but I'm still having the neck/ arm problem along with the meds & pain killers the doctor is giving me. Have another 2 appointment with two different doctors trying to figure out whats going on that I now have tingling in my left arm constantly.

Another day of heat & humidity. Wish it would go away especially the humidity. Feel like a wet rag,and just want to veg out. Does anyone have the same problem?
Was going out to the bank but I think I wait until tomorrow to venture outdoors.

Living on all kinds of salad varieties, like 3 bean,tomato and even cucumber salads,adding different kinds of meats that I put in small freezer bags.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages,That's fantastic,loving your new life in a different place . I know the feeling when I left my family when moving up here to the Cape to retire. My DD & Sister finally sees what a beautiful area that I live in and with all the people being so friendly,they don't worry as much as they did before.

NANCY-We'll be here for you and will support you again when the second son goes to college. I remember when you needed our support for the first son. Gee!! How time flies away.Glad you having a good plan for your weight loss. I'm back to where I was at the beginning of the year.

VICKIE-Sorry about you having so many problems with your kidneys and the repeating stones.Your dinner sounds delicious, love mushrooms and beef combo.

Have to go and get ready to make my dinner.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:53 PM   #7  

We're home, and glad to be here. The trip was, thankfully, uneventful.

Tomorrow, back to the routine, and I'm happy about that.

I hope you have a good a good evening...Rhonda
Old 08-11-2010, 10:04 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm doing my 24 hour test today so I'm stuck at home. AND, I'm feeling grumpy about it for some reason. I had a terrible day yesterday. My tummy was really bothering me.

I wonder if I've been eating too much Splenda? Does it give anyone else a tummy ache right under the ribcage....like bad gas pains? Or maybe I just had too much fiber without enough water yesterday.

Glad you're home, Rhonda. Routine is good.

Mary Ann, I know you must be frustrated. I would be. I hope the Doctors find an answer and a treatment soon.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:35 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Hi there. Sorry I've been MIA but life has been totally hectic. Curtis is recovering fast. I am amazed at his progress. His physical therapist will be here in a few minutes. I'm resting for a bit. Yesterday I mowed about 1.5 acres. I was on a riding mower but it was still tiring. I'm mowing the yard this evening. That'll be easy.

Rhonda, I know how you feel. When I was in Montana, I missed my Texas family and friends. Now it's the opposite. You're lucky you can travel to Canada when you want. And you're even luckier that Doyle is understanding about your traveling without him sometimes.

Maryann, our temps are over 100* in the afternoons. We mainly stay indoors then. But yesterdy I was out in it a lot mowing. (Not smart) I'm sorry about your pain. I hope you can get some relief soon.

Vickie, I hope this test gives you the answers you're needing so you can get some help. Do you have some movies you could watch today?

Nancy, enjoy the next 2 weeks. When will he come home next? Will he be going to school closeby?

Sloan, how's school? I'm already scheduled to sub 2 days the first week of school. (Senior English and Concurrent College English)

Got to go. It's time for PT.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #10  

Sandra..that is great that Curtis is doing so well..
Isn't it a releif to have that behind you !!
Take help in the next few weeks & don't overdo it..

Totally understand the Nutrisystem turn off..
I think I could duplicate the diet from the grocery store
with cheaper & better foods that are portion controlled.

Maryanne..hope you had a better day

Vickie ..I have had a stomach pain before from too many ibuprofen
that felt better if I ate & felt better after dairy .
One other thing I have read is that a virus actually causes ulcers..
Have they checked for that??
I love the strategy of serving Jim his dinner and telling him "here's
dinner" May I borrow that technique?? I still go through the
"what do you want for dinner" routine..

I am going to start a new morning routine to get myself going earlier..
6 am - water plants, feed pets, put in a wash, unload dishwasher while making coffee, shower, eat & Bible study...
I think I can do all that in close to an hour.
Then I am going to do my exercising in the evening..
Wish me luck because I am NOT a morning person but I am
hating that I don't get moving good till 10 or later ..
Old 08-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies! This is our first official week of school. We have had some tragedy, though. Three of our students were in a serious car accident on Friday, and one of the boys was killed. The other two are still in the hospital with one of them in a drug induced coma because of head injuries. It is very sad for the students. The funeral is tomorrow, and many of the students will attend. I have been very busy getting this year started, but I do feel "on top of things". I have been wearing scrubs every day (I teach Health Science/Careers) along with some very comfortable shoes, so I feel pretty good at the end of the day. My eating has been good/bad, but I hope to get into a better routine in the next couple of weeks.

Nancy, I can't believe that it has been two years! Time does fly by, doesn't it? I hope you and Robin enjoy the next phase of your life together. I'll bet it will be nice .

Vickie, I'm so sorry you have had problems with stones. I have had three, and I never want to have another one. I hope the test can shed some light on your problems.

Rhonda, glad you are home safely.

Sandra, Curtis is awesome! It does feel like having a new baby when DH is recovering. Hang in there. School is going well, so far. I'm glad you are getting to sub again this year. It must be nice to "choose" when to go to work .

Maryann, I am so, so, so, sorry about your neck problems. I hope something can be done to get you some relief very soon. Hang in there!

GTG get ready for painting class! Have a great evening y'all!

Last edited by sloanie; 08-11-2010 at 06:13 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:13 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Sloan, that's so sad. I remember once we lost a student. We took students in school buses to the funeral. I rode with them on one. So sad.

I'm OP. Curtis continues to improve.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:36 PM   #13  

Sloan, my sympathies go out to you and the class. One of my high school friends was accidentally killed by his best friend while they were hunting. It affected us all forever.

Maryann, I'm so sorry to hear that you still hurt. I hope it gets fixed.

I'm extra tired tonight, headed to bed

Rhonda
Old 08-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Oh Sloan, what a tragedy. The kids will certainly need your help and understanding.

Good girl, Sandra.

I'm off to errands and to go take in my test results! ;-D

Later!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:05 PM   #15  

Laying on the couch with a heating pad on my neck.
I didn't hurt it it just seems stiff & sore.
I had a deer tick on me last week so I am a bit paranoid now
about Lyme . I will get checked out if not better soon.

Sloan..That is so very sad. Every year we lose teens in our community
and I wish we could do something to prevent it. Every parent's worse nightmare.
Keep us posted on the 2 that are injured.