South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-02-2010, 07:41 AM   #1  

Default Getting Back on Plan and Schedule

Well chicks I have been on the go this summer and the diet has gone out the window. We've taken two long trips to Fl and the coast of SC and I ate off plan, which I knew I would with the intention of getting back on plan when we got back home but that never really happened. So I am back here to confess my sins! I have been thinking about why I stumbled when I was making such good progress. I don't think I really know for sure but I do know that I do better when I have a daily schedule/routine and I have NOT had that this summer. The good thing about all of this is that our family joined the YMCA for the summer and I have been exercising. I have found out that I really enjoy working out, now. Also, my husband is 100% convinced about SBD now...he had started with me and he also fell off the wagon with me and this weekend he told me he was ready to start back, too. He talked about how much better he felt when we were eating OP! Yesterday we started back on Phase 1 and we even had a family supper celebrating a birthday with cake and all and both of us stayed strong. Anyway, I just posted on the August weight loss target board but I really do NOT want to weigh because I am in such a good place right now and those numbers can really effect my motivation! I am thinking about having DH weigh me and write it down then I will weigh later after Phase 1- what do you think?
litar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome back! It seems we always have good intentions while we're on vacation, but somehow find ourselves going astray. It's funny, isn't it, that we find ourselves feeling awful when we go back to old habits. Then we wonder why we ever strayed to begin with. At least SBD is always here and it's easy to get back on board and back to feeling good.
I don't use scales and go by the way my clothes feel and how I look to see how I'm doing. The only time I get weighed is when I get my yearly physical. I know I am somewhere near the weight I have in my profile, but weighing every day drives me crazy, as the scales fluctuate so much.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 191.5/191.5/165

Height: 5'2"

HI

As far as the scale, I understand, my day can swing either way depending on the number and I deserve more than that, so do whatever makes you comfortable, the most important thing is that we are eating mindfully (SB)
beth0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

I am getting back on plan too! Phase 1 for a week for me and then I will see how that goes. I can't not weigh myself but I so get how it affects motivation. And mood for me too.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:09 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hi Lisa - welcome back Congratulations for catching the slide and getting yourself back on track! I think that's the key to keeping the weight off long term and it was the hardest thing for me to learn.

I've weighed myself every day for so long that I know my weight fluctuates wildly. I can gain or lose 5 lbs in a week for no logical reason. Knowing that though I watch for trends, is it up and staying up? Am I up more than 5 lbs? That helps me from getting too far off. It's just a matter of finding what works for you.

I'm one who doesn't allow myself to go totally off plan when I'm away from home. Then again I'm away from home a lot. When we go on vacation to the coast I often have one planned off plan dinner. Usually that means the entree is off plan but is surrounded by the usual on plan veggies. The rest of the week is planned ahead and is my usual food. That might happen 3 times a year. My Mom now knows what I eat. She is great about stocking lots of fresh fruits and veggies and I bring my own foods to supplement - smoothie ingredients and veggie proteins usually. It sounds like a lot of work but at this point it's just a small part of my away from home planning process.

I let myself slide last fall with wedding planing, the wedding and my Dad's health emergency. I ended up with 10 extra lbs that it took me all winter to get rid of. I definitely don't want to do that again. Living with all that extra weight again would be a lot more work.

Last summer we started a thread Making This Work in Real Life
It's been awhile since I read this. Anyone have new tips to add?

Last edited by CyndiM; 08-02-2010 at 09:18 AM.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #6  

Thanks everyone! I am looking forward to reading and posting here again!
litar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:55 AM   #7  

Welcome back! I fear any changes in my routine would throw me off too. Hopefully after time of doing the SBD it will get easier. Good luck and good for you knowing the right thing to do is start over. We are all human and we can make mistakes.
LindsaysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote