South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 05:09 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Feisty Friday

Happy Friday morning Chicks It's hard to believe someone just unceremoniously awakened by an overhead heron could be so perky. In another 5 minutes I'm sure I'll be wising I'd gone back to sleep instead. The coffee is just finishing here and there's a whole pot. Grab a cup and stop by for a few before heading into your day.

Yesterday went off the rails a bit at work but today is all about getting the last little bits of that calendar off my desk. I did meet with my boss to start developing my PT work plan and it looks great. I get to do the stuff I love - provider support - and pass on all the admin stuff and almost all of the meetings. She's also letting me figure out the hours that work best for me. So far, so good

The real reason I didn't go back to sleep is the plumber is coming this morning and I usually clean on weekends sooooo. Yuck. Guess I should thank the heron for my startling wake-up.

How is your Friday shaping up? Or your weekend?

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-30-2010 at 05:39 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:40 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"a supernatural shriek from the backwaters of time" That's the heron's cry, right? What a way to wake up! I think I prefer loons. Jazz decided 4:30 was wake-up time this morning. It's just first light out there but looks like another decent day.

Nothing exciting on my calendar today unless you count gym in 2 hours. I do wish they opened earlier but..... I still haven't managed to primp that front flower bed and may do an hour out there very shortly. I also have six quarts of beans to deal with. Any ideas? I really don't like frozen beans but might dry some and make a few jars of dilled beans.

And its TGIF followed by a long weekend!!!!! (Monday is Civic Holiday here in Ontario.) The Village and the Mill will be busy.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:08 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I just love herons. I remember one morning when the kids were little, we were heading down a small backroad to school...the road had tons of spanish moss hanging over it from big oak trees and it was very foggy...a huge blue heron suddenly swooped down headed toward the car then went over the car just in time...it's wing span was unreal...it was a very prehistoric scene and the kids loved it. me too.

Nothing on my plate today. We may go to the movies this afternoon.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-30-2010 at 07:53 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

We have a heron that lives in the creek across the road behind our house. I don't think I've ever heard it shriek, though.

I couldn't believe what time it was when I rolled over and looked at the clock this morning. There was a lovely breeze blowing in the bedroom windows that made it just perfect sleeping weather. I didn't even hear Jake get up.

TGIF and I have the day off and the only thing on my agenda is to visit my parents. We had been toying with the idea of going to Cape May for the weekend, but my granddaughter wants to come out and spend one last weekend with us before she leaves for Texas. This may be the last time we see her for a while, so I want to spend as much time with her as I can.

I finally ordered myself a food dehydrator yesterday from Amazon, as they're having a good sale on them right now. I'm looking forward to getting it and getting started on drying some of my garden bounty.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:41 AM   #5  
Be happy.

Good Morning!

I'm back in Maine and is it ever beautiful outside this morning! It was 48 when I got up, perfect walking weather. I was almost chilly when I first left the house.

I've got an exciting day planned, a friend and I are taking her grandchildren to the Gray Animal Farm. There will be lots of walking, so that's good and lots of tempting junk food, that's not so good. I've got my bag packed with good snacks so I should be all set.

Enjoy your Friday, friends!
Old 07-30-2010, 09:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hey all! I overslept today. I had been waking up at 6:15. 6:30 but I woke up at 6:57 today, yikes! I went for my 30mins. walk and had a peice of bread with turkey bologna for breakfast. Lunch is beans!
Old 07-30-2010, 10:00 AM   #7  
honeysox

S/C/G: 216/207/150

Height: 5'4"

Just popping in the official Daily thread to say "hey." I'll be away this weekend, but back here bright and early on Monday. It feels like I'm starting a new job. I guess in a way I am: CEO of ABetterMe, Inc. : )

Anyway, have a lovely Friday. And thanks for the warm welcome over on my misplaced newbie thread. : )
Old 07-30-2010, 01:25 PM   #8  

Hey Honeysox, take care!
Old 07-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone

I'm happy to announce my return to MY life for at least a day. Yesterday DD's only responsibliity was to call at Noon to set up our plan for the day. At 5:20 when she called we already had the car packed. You can love someone but can't make them change. Two horribly bad food days and the less than timely phone call gave me the strong message that it's time to get my own life back in order.

We got home this morning at 1am, ate dinner and watched a Bruce Lee movie till 2. Roused ourselves at 7 and took Rudi for his 1st walk back at the river since his accident. Kirk went to the weight room and I decided to stay home and get some stuff organized. I'm just about to head out for a short bike ride to KMart to send some money for a laptop I'm getting fixed.

Meals are planned for the day and we'll dabble in the garden. Our cherry tomatoes are wild! We picked a gallon! on Wednesday!

I really look forward to getting my life back in order. See ya'll soon!

honeysox Welcome! to the daily! I love your business name! lol I think that is what it's really all about!
Old 07-30-2010, 03:13 PM   #10  

Hope Rudi is thriving!
Old 07-30-2010, 03:21 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

great Rudi news Debbie and good to hear you're getting the train back on your track
Closed Thread