Old 07-01-2010, 08:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Stay Primal in July!

Good morning and happy Canada Day!

If you're wondering just what Primal means, here's a link to help you.
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/
Welcome to all!

Morning regulars! Well, how did June go? Got any thoughts and plans for July?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:42 AM   #2  

Ok here we go. I did a ridiculous amount of measuring this morning

I lost 1/2 pound and 3/4 in in my hips. And I have massive calves for the size of me.

In an effort to find something else to track (since I'm pretty sure my composition is changing far more than my weight ever will now) I tried body fat percentage. Using my scale and three different online calculators, I'm somewhere between 21 and 24 % ... not bad for an old girl!

As for July ... I still haven't worked any lifting in with any consistency. I sound like a broken record
Old 07-01-2010, 08:42 AM   #3  
Kara

S/C/G: 375/see ticker/185

Height: 5'10''

Happy July! Today my hubby and I celebrate our 10 yr wedding anniversary! It's a good day!

I have a busy day so I'll be back later with some thoughts on June and changes for July.

Have a great day everyone!
koceank29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

koceank29- Happy Anniversary! Any special plans tonite?

Bob- is it the beginning of the month that you let everyone know how you did? Its sounds like you did a great job in June & am curious to how you did.

Susan- Better becareful we dont want you to wither down to nothing. I could not imagine being a size 2. I would be very happy if I was able to get that small. I was happy at size 5 as a teen & in my 20s.

I want to say THANK YOU to all of you here. I think this thread is just what I needed. I hopped on the scale this morning & it read 142. I have not measured myself which I know I should. I was staying right at 144 before Susan found me, I finaly got a loss. I do expect it to go back & forth between 143 & 142. I still have quite a bit of reading to do on the Primal Blueprint but I have been thinking I am having an easier time then what I was trying before.

Does anyone run here? My DS is a runner & would like me to start running with him. I cant run & have to work myself up to it. I am just wondering how I would handle the carbs if I try to run with him. Or can I run & stick to what I am doing?
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:11 PM   #5  
hunt and gatherer

S/C/G: 368/300/198

Height: 6'2"

I'm in a little hurry but the news is good and bad. The bad news is this nonsense is giving me insomnia. I am now 33 hours into a fast save a little coconut milk in my coffee. In those 33 hours I have walked 5-6 miles three times. So, I think once the body adjusts to infrequent meals that are large enough to include optimum nutrition, energy concerns and fasting are not an issue. Melatonin or Acetyl L Carnitine may be acting like a stimulant though. I just added them for the insomnia and other issues and I am charged up.

I walked to the docs to squeeze every pound out of this weigh in and....

26 more pounds!
BibBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:21 PM   #6  

Awesome!
Old 07-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #7  
Ilene the Bean

BOBBERS !!!!! Way to go SO proud of you

(btw we have a cat named Bob and his nickname is Bobbers)

Tyma -- I run 3x/week and this was a big fear of mine, almost a phobia that I would pass out even when I was eating carbs I was afraid I would faint for lack of them.... BUT I didn't and I won't, I only do 5-8kms, I've never had a problem. I think if you're an elite athlete, yes, you would need special needs for carbs, but not us regular recreational runners...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

My stats lost 1 lb ... better than a gain I guess

Weight: 154.8
Chest: 35.25 (+.75)
Waist: 29.3 (-.25)
Hips: 39.5 (same)
Thigh: 22.75 (-.25)

Weird numbers ... but I feel good...
Old 07-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 302/217/181

Height: 5'7"

JUNE
Weight: 280
Chest: 54
Waist: 48
Hips: 56
Thigh: 32

JULY
Weight 278
Chest 55 (+1??)
Waist 46 (-2")
Hips 55.5
Thigh 32.5

Only 2 pounds lost, but I am thrilled that it's two inches from my waist.
katerina11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 302/217/181

Height: 5'7"

BibBob WOW!!

I am not up for 40 hour fasts yet, but I might consider it looking at your losses!
katerina11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 192/172/150

Height: 5'5"

Wow Bob! I'm so happy for you.....and the rest of you as well. I just had a hotdog (with bun) and french fries with cheese because i was out with a bunch of moms and their kids that I don't know well and I caved. I now feel like crap physically and mentally. Oh well.

Anyway, just wanted to congratulate you all on your progress!!!!
wildviolets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:43 PM   #12  

I think we should be happy that were not losing our boobs I've done that on a very low fat diet too!

Of all the crappy things out there ... I don't mind some fries once in a while. Maybe not primal but they're not grain, sugar or chemicals.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:12 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Good job Bob!!!

wildviolets- Its Ok it happens to all of at one point or another. You still have the rest of the day to make better choices & there is always tomorow.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:59 PM   #14  
hunt and gatherer

S/C/G: 368/300/198

Height: 6'2"

I have a journal over at MDA. This is my post today if any of the information is inspiring. hehe I think that little compliment went to my head.

So as the winter deepens and food becomes more scarce, I'm going to fast every other day in July.

Here's a great link from Dr. Eades discussing my fasting program.

I also cannot help but think calorie restriction, despite it's bad name, may be the correct way forward for me permenantly. If I IF it just isn't that hard to keep my calories very low. The first half of Dr. Eades post and current and past experience have me thinking I just may be a candidate. I do intend to IF as a habitual lifestyle.

Here's a gal who did the exact every other day eating program. Her story is inspiring to me.

And one of the most cited studies.

I know I may be pushing it, but I'm not carrying this weight an y longer than I absolutely have to. My plan when I started was 100 pounds in 4 months. I'm 3 pounds ahead of schedule but the going will get rougher. We'll see how July goes with 15 all day fasts. My goal should have me around 290 at the end of the month. That is my old wall. I have plateaued there twice and gave up. If all goes well, August will be even more challenging, and I will likely break juice fasting out of the weight loss tool shed. Primal juice fasting. There will be no plateau.

I'll post before and afters when this winter idea is over.
BibBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:03 PM   #15  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BibBob View Post
I have a journal over at MDA. This is my post today if any of the information is inspiring. hehe I think that little compliment went to my head.

So as the winter deepens and food becomes more scarce, I'm going to fast every other day in July.

Here's a great link from Dr. Eades discussing my fasting program.

I also cannot help but think calorie restriction, despite it's bad name, may be the correct way forward for me permenantly. If I IF it just isn't that hard to keep my calories very low. The first half of Dr. Eades post and current and past experience have me thinking I just may be a candidate. I do intend to IF as a habitual lifestyle.

Here's a gal who did the exact every other day eating program. Her story is inspiring to me.

And one of the most cited studies.

I know I may be pushing it, but I'm not carrying this weight an y longer than I absolutely have to. My plan when I started was 100 pounds in 4 months. I'm 3 pounds ahead of schedule but the going will get rougher. We'll see how July goes with 15 all day fasts. My goal should have me around 290 at the end of the month. That is my old wall. I have plateaued there twice and gave up. If all goes well, August will be even more challenging, and I will likely break juice fasting out of the weight loss tool shed. Primal juice fasting. There will be no plateau.

I'll post before and afters when this winter idea is over.
Such great information Bob... I was jus thinking about before and after pics of you, can't wait to see them...

Last edited by Ilene; 07-01-2010 at 09:04 PM.