Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: June 28-July 4

New Pages!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good early morning:

I woke up at 3:30AM and couldn't get back to sleep. I've had tea and toast and some fruit. I've been reading but will try to get back to sleep soon.

I hope you all have a great OP start to your day/week.

Nancy, you must be the leader in the 5 pound challenge. I've lost only one pound that will stay off, and Sloan, how are you doing?

BBL
Old 06-28-2010, 11:42 AM   #3  

Rhonda..you were getting up about when I went to bed. I watched 3 Hallmark
movies in a row.. Loved them all.

I need to find a good indoor project this week because it is too hot to work outdoors. I would love to paint some rooms but hubby wants to have some
drywall repaired first. We would love to have the house on the market by
Spring but my first challenge is too drastically reduce the amount of "stuff" we have . I have done a good job in our office, kitchen & bedroom and got started on the attic in the spring. The rest of the attic will have to wait til cooler weather.

My tomatos are still not ripe yet. That is what I get for planting late.
I am glad I did as many as I did because only 1/2 of them look good.

This diet I am doing is really working for me . Usually I am lucky to see a pound every other week but on this diet I am losing a pound every few days.
I am at 142 now. ( -4 for our challenge) Last night was hard not to nibble, so I am going to have more protein today.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #4  

Nancy, what are you doing other than limiting to 1200 a day?

Good luck with that declutter. It took me a year to do it before we moved, and I still have STUFF.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #5  

I have gone pretty radical because nothing else was working.
It is sorta my version of South Beach.
Breakfast- Egg /Veggie omelet
Lunch- Protein Shake with Berries
Dinner- lean protein + veggies/fruit/salad (or Lean Cuisine Spa /Kaishi Frozen meal)
Snacks- nuts/cheese/fruit

I am substituting when I need to with good choices. The other day
we ate at a Mexican restaurant and I got chicken tortilla soup. Usually I gain water weight with that salty soup but this time I doubled my water the rest of the day and that worked.

The main problem is that I am getting sick of eggs, so I may do the shake in the am, frozen dinner at lunch and salad/protein at night.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks, I have not done well on the five pound challenge As I remember, it was my idea!! We have been working about 8 hours per day at my mom's house, and I am exhausted. To top it all off, my mother in law is in the hospital and is not doing well. She has had lots of health problems for lots of years, but all of a sudden she has taken a turn for the worse! I went with DH to see her today, and she looks terrible. She has gone from appearing relatively healthy and caring for herself and her home to looking like a nursing home patient. She is confused, can hardly get from the bed to the chair, and had to be restrained last night. Thank goodness the hospital has sitters, so she is not in the room by herself, and we don't have to stay with her all the time. The docs are not even sure what is happening, so we don't have any idea about future plans right now. I want to SCREAM!!!

I hope you all are doing well, and know that I am thinking about you. Hopefully, I will have better news about my weight and my family the next time I am here. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #7  

Thanks, Nancy. I'll try to copy your efforts. I had protein shake instead of lunch, then a big salad with chicken.

Sloan, I bet she's had a stroke or a TIA (?). Has anyone looked at medication misuse? I know that you're a nurse and have probably thought of all of this.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:31 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Sloan, it does sound like a stroke. That's so sad.

Nancy, decluttering. We did that before we left Montana but ae still overwhelmed with stuff.

Rhonda, Nancy, and Sloan, I'm enjoying watching your progress.

I'm OP.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:52 PM   #9  

Sloan..
I am so sorry about your mother in law,
It is so hard to watch loved ones suffer..
Hopefully the doctors can figure out what is going on quickly..

So much is going on in your life right now, that you need to
pat yourself on the back for just maintaning your weight.
You have done so fantastic with your weight for a long time ,
so don't beat yourself up about not losing right now.

This has been a grueling summer for you . Wish we were there to help.

Hubby has been following our challenge , but I told him this am I wanted
to say I wasn't losing so you could win ( after all you have been through).
He said "only a girl would think that way "
Old 06-29-2010, 07:36 AM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sloan, I'm sorry you're going through all of this stress. Sometimes we are tested in ways that don't feel very fair. I'll pray for your MIL's recovery. I had the same thought as Rhonda when I was reading your medicine. I've been hearing more and more lately about people being over medicated and the cocktails are causing unbelievably bad reactions. I've even heard of Doctors removing all medicine and starting over. It happened to my BIL's Mom. She's fine now! Don't worry about the weight right now. Just do the best you can and keep coming here. Just don't give up completely.

Nancy, you are one nice Chick!

Sandra, I grin every morning when I see you are still OP. I think you will have a nice surprise one day soon.

I'm going with Jim to the Internist today. He needs a general checkup and follow up on his heal. I go to see the Nephrologist tomorrow. I'm a bit nervous but she's awesome so I'm going to the best place.

My eating has been good. I'm planning a burger on Thursday and who knows what on the Fourth. We have no firm plans yet. How about all of you?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh yeah. I lost 1.2 yesterday which made up for the small gain from last week. I'm now back to losing virgin fat. Am I ever going to claw and crawl my way to that 50 pound chick? I don't think it will be next week with the Fourth and all....but then one never knows!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:26 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

My company left yesterday and now I have a breather for a while.Was going to get back to the beach to get my walking done,but our intersection is going to closed to traffic this morning from 7-11 until they get a house moved.

HH&H the last couple of days,so I guess I will relax in my a/c room and wait until I could be outside again.

Hope you all doing well,health wise and weight wise.,I gained and now I'm back up to 170's again.

SLOANE-Just read you post and I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL.All I can say it what the others already mentioned. Sending prayer her and you way.

VICKIE-Congrats on your 1.5 loss, I have to start working,to get out of the 170's Had to much of the restaurant foods along with the birthday cakes my sister & DD bought me.

NANCY-You're doing great with your challenge. I Liked the SB Phase 1 but once I went to Phase 2 my weight started going up. Happy its working for you.

Getting hungry, off to have breakfast,
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:45 AM   #13  

Vickie..good loss. I'm back at NO loss for our challenge. But, I've started copying Nancy's approach: I had my eggs for breakfast and will have a protein shake later. Dinner will be some kind of meat and salad.

Nancy..the fact that "girls" think like that could save the world, IMHO. Too bad the "boys" don't want to give up more control without so much struggle.

Vickie you asked about the 4th. I'm doing some work for my favorite political party because our gubernatorial candidate is coming to town for the local parade (for which rain is predicted). I will join the family in watching fireworks on a local university campus, if it doesn't get rained out. I'm happy not to have everyone here again, so soon after 7 kids in the house!
Old 06-29-2010, 03:17 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Sloan, you and your family are in my prayers.

Vickie, congratulations on your weightloss. You're doing wonderfully and will get that 50# chickie soon. Curtis and I will be visiting doctors all morning tomorrow, too. Well, sort of. He has an appt with an orthopaedic surgeon concerning his knee problems. I have my first physical therapy session.

Rhonda, I'm glad you and Doyle are planning a relaxing 4th. I can only imagine how tired ya'll are after having 7 little ones. Don't they have a lot of energy? We can usually feel the energy in the room when we're around little ones.

This coming weekend will be full for us, too. We're driving to the Texas Hill Country for a family reunion (Curtis' side). That's Saturday. Sunday our church is having a community fish fry complete with a 17' waterslide, croquette, and archery. Curtis and I are in charge of the archery. Eating will be a challenge for sure.

I'm OP.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:25 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks, you are all so sweet! My MIL has had a better day. DH spoke to the nurse about a medication that we think is causing some of her confusion, and she agreed to hold the med and talk to the docs. The current plan is to stabalize her medical condition then evaluate strength through the PT dept. They may send her to a rehab/nursing home for intensive PT to see if she can get strong enough to go home. It's hard not to project yourself into the future, but I'm really trying to focus on what I need to get done to get caught up around the house and what ever my mom needs. My eating has not been bad today. We will have core spaghetti for dinner.

Nancy, you are such a good friend. I agree with Rhonda. It's a good thing girls think that way. What would this world be like without kindness? Although I appreciate your wanting me to win, I am so proud of you! Three pounds is awesome. Keep going, and we will do the challenge over and over until we are satisfied

Rhonda, I hope the rain holds off for the fireworks display.

Sandra, thanks for the prayers. This weekend will certainly be a challenge with the family reunion. Be nice to yourself no matter how you handle it!!!

Vickie, the meds are definitely an issue with my MIL. She is so sensitive to them. Hopefully they will try to manage her problems without adding extra meds. She has a condition called Wegener's Granulomatosis that causes all kinds of problems, so she already takes meds to control that including a pretty large dose of prednisone which is hard on the body, too. Good luck at the Nephrologist. Let us know what she says. How is Jim's heel?

Maryann, thanks for your prayers! Did you have a good time with your grandchildren?

I've been very busy today, and now I'm finally getting to rest. The couch is feeling really good right now. Have a good night, chicks!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote