South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 06:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday!!!

TGIF! But I can't say it's been such a bad week, at least for me.

We had a severe storm come through yesterday afternoon while the girls and I were driving home, and a big tree limb came down on the road right in front of us. There was all kinds of stuff flying through the air and it got dark as midnight. Pretty wild! It made for a pretty harrowing drive. We made it back to my house and had to sit in the driveway for a while until the rain let up enough to let us made a dash for the house. Power was out for a while, but we were one of the lucky ones, that it was back on shortly after the storm ended. Needless to say, swimming in the pool was out of the question. When I took the girls back home, there were downed trees and wires and debris all over the place. I just heard on the news that a lot of homes are still without power this morning.

It's much cooler and pleasant this morning, and I'm thinking of taking the girls to see Toy Story 3 this afternoon. We went to the crafts store yesterday and stocked up on materials for lots of projects for the summer, so we'll be crafting away this morning.

Come pull up a chair for a chat before starting your day. Coffee's hot and strong.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:18 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning Cottage! We had some downed trees here too, although none of us got caught in anything. How scary to have that tree come down right in front of you. I'm hoping today will be more temperate here so I can turn off the a/c and save some $$$.

Toy Story 3 is EXCELLENT. I enjoyed it almost more than my son I think! I did get teary eyed at the end. Now that I look back on it it's kind of a parallel situation to my sad feelings about my son "graduating" from kindergarten. Enough said, but definitely go see it. Is it in 3D near you?

Yesterday was a better day at work. Once again I was reminded how much I really enjoy my co-workers. I am also getting a lot of organizing accomplished which is amazing. I'm in the mood for a good clean out!

My niece is coming to spend the weekend with us. Tomorrow morning we have a birthday party, then we'll take the kids to the new Pier 6 and Governor's Island. On Sunday we'll drive my niece back to my MIL's house and have a small birthday party for my son. Hope everyone has a great day and weekend if I can't check in.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:20 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage Wow sounds like a very stressful drive. I'm glad there was nothing worse than a short power outage. I wondered what was going on. A friend was supposed to fly out of DC at 2:30 but just got into Hartford at 4 AM! Guess it was all over the north east though we lucked out.

Should be a busy but fun day for me. A friend from another organization is throwing a big conference type event tomorrow and I'm helping out. I also get to spend the afternoon in a very small workshop with the keynoter who is one of the grandmothers of the early childhood ed field. Our founding mothers are all aging and it's so wonderful to spend time learning from them while we still can. I'm really looking forward to that. Dinner will be Lebanese takeout because I'll be wiped out by tonight

Hope your Friday is a breeze (can you tell it's still pretty hot here?!)

ETA - Hi Matilda so glad yesterday was a better day. Great co-workers can really make such a difference. I love some of mine.

Last edited by CyndiM; 06-25-2010 at 06:22 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Matilda, I'm glad you had a good day yesterday. Yes, we're seeing the movie in 3D. My grandkids have already seen it and loved it. I'll make sure to bring tissues! Your weekend plans sound like a lot of fun.

Cyndi, your plans sound fun, too! Yum, Lebanese food!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:29 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Old 06-25-2010, 06:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Wow, Cottage and Matilda, sounds like a wicked storm. Some how, we lucked out and it didn't get us.

Toy Story 3 sounds great! Has anyone seen "how to train your dragon" or what ever that one is? It's at the cheapo theater (and I'm cheap!) and I didn't know if it would scare my 7 year old or not. I want him to sleep that night!

Matilda - sounds like a great, but busy, weekend. Have fun!!

Cyndi - I'm clueless...what is Lebanese food like?

Mornin' Ruth!

YAY!! It's friday!! It seems to have been a REALLY long week, and I'm so glad the weekend is here. I just got back from a morning run....I went faster, but shorter distance. It is almost more satisfying to push myself. Now, I'm sitting on the back porch with the sun shining on me, and it is a beautiful morning!!

Off to work soon, then dinner with a friend.

Have a great day!!
Old 06-25-2010, 07:19 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning chicks!

Linda - Scary! But glad you made it through unscathed.

I am rushing this morning. We leave for the lake after lunch and I want to get one last long bike ride in before the weekend. The lake house usually means lots of bad food so this will be an interesting test, especially as I go three more times this summer. AND - last year when I was at goal with SB, I started my long slippery slope of going off plan and gaining weight while at the lake. Not this year!!!

No internet at the lake (eek) so catch ya Monday. Have a great weekend all.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:29 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Linda, thanks for getting us started!

to everyone else!

530AM here, I slept in-didn't get home till almost 8 last night. Kirk just knocked on the office door, he's ready to load the pups up for their morning walk. What's up with that?? He's never ready first! We drive 2 miles west into what is called "South Canyon" and walk the pups by the Colorado River. They get more exercise there. Home to get ready for VBS-last day!

Have a great one! Happy Friday, for sure!
Old 06-25-2010, 10:03 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

I have been exhausted lately as I have just been doing work and DD2 play practice every day and night. Not enough sleep but this is the final week, play opened last night and it was wonderful, it goes through Sunday.

I have lost 6 lbs so far since removing Splenda from my diet, so I am happy about that.

Sorry I have not been posting regularly but I do try and drop in and atleast read your wonderful posts.

Last edited by Pearlrose; 06-25-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:30 AM   #10  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all! Sounds like everyone is having a busy day today.
Cottage, so glad you made it driving in that storm. That's scarey!

Can't believe I slept till 8!! Wow, I haven't done that in forever. It was great, but I feel like I wasted a couple of hours. Nothing exiting happening here. Going to the grocery store to load up on a few things to bring my Mom, Sis and BIL in North Carolina that they can't get there and hoping I can keep Creole Cream Cheese in ice long enough to make it there. My Mom loves the stuff and they can't get it.

My new dryer came in and I am really enjoying it. I love to hang stuff out to dry, but with all these storms I was constantly running in and out the house grabbing stuff before it got soggier.

I'm trying something new for a while. Lately I've been feeling kind of "thick". My clothes still fit, but not like they did before. My husband and I were discussing it and I think my body is "bored". So I decided to shake it up a bit and go the smoothie route for 2 meals a day and just "eat" a meal once a day. I put tons of greens and fruit in the smoothies and they have really been filling me up. I feel a difference in just a couple of days. I feel a bit "lighter". I think that the bod just wanted something a bit different for a "surprise".

I found a couple of recipes that sound yummy and want to try them...
The first is asparagus pesto.

And the other is Cauliflower popcorn.

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-25-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:32 AM   #11  
Atkins Girl For Life

S/C/G: 227.5/154/140

Height: 5'4"

Morning my new friends! I am rushed to post, so no time for personals today.

The kids are still at my mom's and I may wait to get them in the morning. Muwhaahaahaa! Only one of the three will be a bit upset with me, but he will be fine. I have to run to the bank and then FINALLY the grocery store! I started SB on Monday without making any trips to the store, using what I had, but .. now grocery pickings are low and not many choices. Had a fiasco with the pool yesterday (the outlet hose decided to spring a leak and I had a nice little fountain going! LOL), so I am glad that I am only going to run the pump today. I am DONE with the extras out there!

Off to get busy!
Closed Thread