South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 05:14 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Warm Wishes Weekend Beach Chat

Good Morning

I'm wishing you all a weekend of summer fun! I'm just whirling through this one-trying to figure out how I got myself so booked up. Moving continues with my friend today. It's quite a project but we made lots of headway yesterday. It's hard because almost everything is going into storage at the moment. We are going to walk the dogs by the river first thing which will be nice. It's Strawberry Days here this weekend-funny because we don't really have any in our area. I was thinking about the parade but that will wait until next year.

What's everyone up to this weekend? Hopefully something fun! Stop by and chat before heading out.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:06 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning Lexxis. Your day sounds busy but dog walking is a great start.

I gardened yesterday - mainly digging - and my body is crabby this morning. Coffee and a hot shower should fix that. There will be more garden work today and I am parking the car behind the barn so I won't have drop-in callers. I guess this will be a hermit weekend for me except for Church tomorrow.

Strawberries are in up at The Farm so they are on the breakfast menu this morning! Yum! It's nice to start the day with something delicious.

Have a great weekend and hug the men in your life who "father" you.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

The sun is already up and shining brightly on what promises to be a steamy day. There's a gentle breeze stirring the curtains right now, though. We're going for breakfast first, and then to the Amish market on a search for blackberries. They're in abundance this year and I want to stock up and freeze them. Our neighborhood's annual yardsale is today. We aren't participating, but I do like to walk around and visit with the neighbors and see what everyone is selling. This afternoon we're watching Tyler while Amber is at her Girl Scout pool party, and I know he'll want to swim in our pool.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:04 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I had an encounter with triscuits last night...but today I'm moving on. At least it was triscuits and not a white flour product. We have friends coming in for the weekend. This morning I'm taking my son to see Toy Story 3, then will have some "free time" to come home and take a short nap and tidy up before everyone gets here. We're going out tonight, probably to Thai food, so I'll have to consult the list of what is good to eat at Thai places. Hope everyone has a great day....
Old 06-19-2010, 07:28 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm still at the folks for the last full day. Mom and I are shopping today. We have a few thrift stores we like to cycle through when I'm here. She doesn't do any shopping or go anywhere other than work when I'm not here so it's just nice to get out. Dinner might be either the local very nice Italian restaurant or take out from the same. My Mom says they have some salads and lighter stuff now.

I got my bike out last night. What a ride! It was only 11 miles but the hills were so much bigger than they seemed from the car! I almost gave up but am glad I didn't. Today it's hot and is supposed to storm this afternoon so probably no ride.

Debbie - I sure hope you can sneak a few minutes of "me time" in there. The river walk sounds lovely

Ruth - strawberry breakfast. There are two quarts downstairs I pick at every time I walk through there I've been eating mine with yogurt at night (mom made shortcake). Will there be some relaxing time and maybe a nice soak today?

Cottage - I think I OD'ed on blackberries when I was a kid. I rarely eat them now. We must have picked hundreds of quarts Happy yard saling

Matilda - Enjoy your day

Okay, time to free the phone line.

I know it's a busy weekend with lots going on. Hope you find some quiet time to sit back and enjoy it all

Last edited by CyndiM; 06-19-2010 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

I'm baaaaccck. Good morning chickies Looks like I have lots of catching up to do!

Mmc - Oh those Triscuits! I finally gave up and threw away all my boxes a few months ago.

I had a great time with my mom at the spa. Exercised tons! Ate too much and not on plan but I am right back to it today. We are going to a surprise party for DH's cousin that will take up much of the day. I am doing laundry from my trip now and need to catch up on email and all that stuff.

Have a great weekend all.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:02 AM   #7  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone! We're going to see Toy Story 3 today. I'm pretty excited about it, I've heard that it's lots of fun! I did really well getting in more exercise this week, which is good. This weekend's going to be a bit of a challenge. I promise my dad a cake for Father's day. He's 93 and is allergic to bleached flour, so homemade is the only kind of cake he can eat. He doesn't have a weight problem, and my son will share some cake, so it should be ok. What's worse is that my husband has decided to experiment in the kitchen. He's planning on making chocolate covered pepper bacon. I'm going to need some nose plugs when he starts melting the chocolate. I'm hoping that he'll take most of the chocolate covered bacon to work. Actually, the end product doesn't really appeal to me that much. It's just the thought of chocolate!
Old 06-19-2010, 08:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/172/155

Height: 5'6''

fcmonroe: chocolate covered bacon?! Holy geez. wow. seriously. The melting chocolate smell would kill me too.

matilda: stupid triscuits. Must have been something in the air. I over-indulged in this poblano pepper bake "thingie" that I made for dinner last night. We have been really good about packing up at least half of something for leftovers. Last nigh there was about 1 serving left. It was so yummy....

I am ready for some berries and canteloupe, ladies...Strawberries sound amazing. I am contemplating extending phase 1 for another week. But Aunt Flo is right around the corner...Monday is technically the end of 2 weeks.

Heading down to see my parents today. So I can focus on my hubbytomorrow. I bought him a wii for Father's Day--a splurge for us. But I'm itching to get a wii fit. Have a restful Saturday!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 10:33 AM   #9  
Be happy.

Hello friends!

School's officially over and I'm free, free, free!
OK, that's a bit dramatic, especially with the summer I have ahead of me, but it's still a big relief. Today I'm officially 100% back on plan. I've tried a couple of times this month but there were just too many celebrations, gifts and things and I was feeling rather lax/lazy because I'm happy to be below my goal weight. Now I'm ready to see if my body is as happy with this weight as I am or if I should be going for a normal BMI after all.....

It's very hot here today, but I'm too busy to notice (much). I let the house get pretty bad and it feels good to start whipping it back into shape. Fergie is good about doing dishes and laundry but he doesn't seem to notice much else. LOL My son is coming over later this afternoon so I've been cooking and baking this morning, too. He's good about phoning but because I've been gone every weekend for months I haven't actually SEEN him since my Dad's funeral in May. It sure will be good to give him a hug!

dizzylillie, good luck with your wii fit (plus)! I love mine and consider it an EXCELLENT investment. I hope you'll be able to get yourself one soon.

uh, chocolate covered bacon? I've never heard of that.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!
Old 06-20-2010, 06:37 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and Happy Father's Day!

My yesterday plans got rained out but today is looking better. Church is first on the plan, I need a few groceries and then I'll hit the garden again. I got holes dug for plants yesterday before the heavens opened! I may just fill the holes with good dry soil from a bag and bung in those plants.

Enjoy your Sunday!
Old 06-20-2010, 06:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hmmm. Chocolate covered bacon? I know vosges, a specialty choco place, makes chocolate with bacon in it (I almost bought it for my brother). I'll pass though, thanks

Well, DD, I love love love you. She is WIDE awake next to me on the couch. She peed in bed this morning, and once I start moving, forget it. I am however, enjoying reading my book and checking internet.

The coffee is strong, too!!
Old 06-20-2010, 06:46 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Ruth, I think that's a great idea to plant your stuff with the dry, bagged soil so they'll finally all be planted in your garden. I hope you have a rain-free day for getting the job finished.

Jake and I are taking my Dad (and Mom, too!) out for breakfast this morning, and I want to whip up a few loaves of zucchini bread when we get home to help use up this bumper crop. The humidity is thick in the air already, so the rest of the day is going to spent in the pool.

Mornin, Twynn! Chocolate covered bacon sounds atrocious!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 06-20-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:49 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Happy Fathers Day!

I have 15 min. to catch up before DH hears his alarm. We powered through the packing yesterday. The moving van comes at 830 and we still have a bit to do, so we're planning to start around 630....then the process of cleaning up our multiple messes. We've eaten healthy through this although I've snacked a bit more mindlessly than usual. The exercise has been great since I've been up and down between floors probably 200x a day. I'm headed off for more coffee!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-20-2010, 07:16 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm heading back home after breakfast and a walk. It was good to spend some time with Mom checking in on things. It will also be really nice to be home again! I'm looking forward to the 4th, a whole weekend at home with no commitments anywhere!

I'm going to skip the internet and have coffee on the porch. Had a life bird out there last night so I'm hoping for another look Have a good day, a Happy Fathers Day and a little relaxation too. See you all for Happy Hour!
Old 06-20-2010, 11:37 AM   #15  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

hey girls! yesterday was so hot and nice, we took the kiddies to the beach and they had lots of fun playing in the sand. Carter put his feet in the water (cold salt water) but D didn`t want to be part of it. LOL

Also went for a long walk last night, I actually wore Carter out . Usually he`s way ahead of me but was asking to go home. And when I got home , my legs were so itchy (which happens everytime I exercise way more than I`m used to) Apparently my body is so used to requiring low blood flow thru the capillaries that they start to become ineffiecient and collapse and that`s why they`re itchy after a long bit of exercise. It`s how I remember it after looking that up years ago...
I haven`t had that feeling for years, literally so although annoying I guess it`s a good sign.

On another note, after being stalled for close to 3 weeks, I started watching calories along with SBD principles 3 days ago, and now lost 2lbs in 2 days! Yay! I`ve been so patient I`m so glad I`m starting to finally see some scale action.
Hope you girls have a great weekend!!
Closed Thread