South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 06:02 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Just Peachy-Beachy Monday

Good Morning

Coffee is on, I'm headed out to check the weather. Bing and Rudi are already cruising! Back in a flash.

We made 10K at the PParade yesterday! Best of all, it seems that the activities of the weekend were of great comfort to our friend. The outpouring of community support was overpowering...and the weather cooperated. Bing did fantastic, staying in his little pup tent under a silent auction table while I ran around like crazy.

So it's a new week. I'm really hoping to get back on my bike today, heading to the pool, then I'll finish up with the $$ then try to take a day off. That's the plan, anyway.

What's on the agenda today? Stop by and chat before heading out!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-24-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie! Woohoo! That's super that you and Bing did 10K in the Pooch Parade! Did the dust storm calm down enough to make it pleasant?

We ended up with a full house yesterday, with my brother here and Dustin & Andrea and the grandkids here, so the sunporch never did get it's Spring cleaning. Jake said he'd take care of it after he gets home from work, but I still want to give the furniture cushions a good scrubbing. We're having our big Memorial Day BBQ on Sunday, so as long as everything's done by then, I'm fine with it.

I have a hair dressing appointment this morning before heading over to Cindy's for the rest of the day, but that's the only thing on my agenda for now. I should be able to make it home by 6, but you never know.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:27 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Debbie. Sounds like a great day yesterday What's on today's agenda?

I'm back to my regular wake-up time, the one good thing about DW being unemployed. I hope to get back to getting enough sleep. I am definitely the sort of person that needs 8 hours most nights.

Nothing exciting on tap here, just Monday stuff. I'm sure I've got a pile of messages to deal with after being out most of last week. The air conditioning wars will be in full force so I am preparing to freeze and layer. The joys of old buildings with really screwy heating/cooling systems.

I'm looking forward to a bike ride tonight I love all the extra hours of sunlight!

ETA - Good morning Cottage!

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-24-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Debbie - thanks for starting us off! Glad Bing did so well, and a 10K? Fantastic!!

Cottage - that sounds wonderful, having family over. The cleaning can wait another day, right?

Cyndi - hope the message load isn't too bad! Is the DW job search going well?

Me - Work and ?? I've had a weird stomach bug the last few days, that I eat fine and pay later. So, I've had almost no veggies.... , the only thing I want is bread (hey, but it's whole wheat!) I'm hoping that will improve today.

It's a beautiful foggy morning here!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:40 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Sorry, I need to clarify, we made $10, 000. It was exercise-but of a different sort.

Cyndi, I came back and edited. " So it's a new week. I'm really hoping to get back on my bike today, heading to the pool, then I'll finish up with the $$ then try to take a day off. That's the plan, anyway." So nice that you and Julie are getting out on the bike together. that your day is uneventful.

Linda, we had a few wind gusts but the weather WAS better than the prediction. Enjoy your hair appointment-I sure need a redo! Hope you get home early.

Twynn, I hope your tummy gets better and that you have no Monday suprises at work. Here, fog means it's going to be hot.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-24-2010 at 06:42 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

I LOVE Peachy-Beachy Monday. Very perky!

Debbie, Congrats to you and Bing on your parade success!

Cyndi, I understand A/C wars. Ours works too good and I freeze.

Cottage, Having family and friends over is WAY more fun than cleaning.

Twynn, I'm so sorry your tummy is unhappy. Hope you feel better soon!

Me: This is going to be a crazy week. The boss leaves for vacation Wednesday, which means all those breaks we missed over the year, we'll get. If he only knew....

Wednesday morning, Auston is graduating Kindergarten. His teacher told me to bring Kleen-ex. So, I cried the day he started Kindergarten and I'll cry the day he finishes. Good grief! The thought of 1st grade and homework scares me.

I am doing well on my diet, but the scale is not moving. I've lost 2 pounds last week. I've gone from eating McDonalds to eating Ph 1.5. The scale should be spiraling downward! Guess I need to add exercise...

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:38 AM   #7  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning everyone!!

Not too much going on today!

Debbie great job on raising the mornign. Yeah for bing for being good.

Chelby It was hard when ds graduated kindergarten.

Twynn Hope you feel better.

Cyndi Enjoy your bike ride.

Lynda Have fun with the hair appt.

Take Care

Tammie
Old 05-24-2010, 07:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I envy you bikers The weather has not cooperated here to let me back on since the doc's okay. So I guess it will be elliptical again. Sigh. At least we have Lost to watch while we work out. DS drove a third of the way yesterday and spent the night in Terre Haute Indiana. I did well not really worrying. PT again today. Last week of school for DS2. That's about it for now.

Twynn - Hope your tummy is better soon.

Debbie - LOL. I thought it was distance too and went back to reread yesterday to see what I missed.

Chelby - How fun! My scale is not cooperating either after I cut out grains again. Oh well... I keep telling myself the important thing is to eat well, regardless of how the scale responds. Sigh.

everyone else. BBL
Old 05-24-2010, 07:51 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just a quick fly-by and . I forgot I'm to meet Liz for breakfast at the diner at 8 and I'm not dressed. Happy Monday - a holiday up here.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, all! Sounds like a good start to the week for everyone.
I've got another crazy week in store: Concert tonight, Senior Banquet Wednesday(where I will eat only the chicken dish, salad and veggies - we order from an italian place, and the mainstays are the pasta dishes).
Debbie & Cyndi - I like the idea of biking. I definitely need to get mine out.
Chelby - enjoy the day. I have both a college and HS graduation this year - Kindergarten seems like yesterday.
Everyone else - enjoy your Monday!
Old 05-24-2010, 08:46 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Ok, Chelbys reference to exercise got me remembering...I'm off to an early morning aerobics.

Chelb, glad the boss is leaving! Yes, bring tissues to graduation!

CatMat, sounds like a busy week! Yea, dust off your bike and join us.

Karen, glad your DS is making progress and you aren't worrying!

Tammie,
Old 05-24-2010, 09:20 AM   #12  
Be happy.

Hello!

I was in MA over the weekend and wasn't able to check in but it sounds like everyone had a great weekend.

It's hot and sunny here today, and our show and tell time was full of stories of swimming, bike riding and cookouts. There were lots of, "Look at my sunburn." "Wanna see my bug bites?" and "I have this band-aid because...." too. NOW I know summer is really on the way.

Enjoy your Monday friends.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone! I've been MIA for the past few days-- busy catching up with friends and family. I was really excited when I came home from church last night (I'm an alum of the youth choir and was asked to come back for the summer), to find that someone had bought me turkey bacon without me even asking for it! Haha. I know that this is a strange thing to be excited for.

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!
Old 05-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #14  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

hey ladies!
Doing pretty good yesterday and today. So weird, now that P1 is almost over , I am not exactly looking forward to adding in fruit and grain!? LOL
After the first few days, I don't miss it at all. Truthfully I am a little afraid as fruit can b e a trigger for me, and I can eat bread by the loaf (slathered in butter).. SO I am going to hold off on the bread and the fruit thats really sweet..maybe I'll start with oatmeal with protein powder, or an apple or something. IDK.
You know how Dr A says if you have a lot to lose, you can stay on P1 another week or 2? I wonder how he defines "a lot"?
I had almost 50 lb to lose (almost unbelievable to write) .. Not sure what I'm going to do yet, I def want to ease into it.

If anyone hasn't watched Parenthood yet, (On NBC after Biggest Loser on Tuesdays) I cannot recommend it enough! I am obsessed. The acting by Max, and Peter Krause is superb. I also love Crosby's storylines. He is hilarious. I think that this show is my favorite scripted show Ever. I mean seriously, I re-watch the episodes nightly online.
And if anyone has any children on the spectrum, Max plays an 8-yo boy who has just been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome. Max nails it, he's so great in the role. Anyways I could go on forever about the show, LOL, but I will spare you.. just wanted to make people aware in case you've never heard of it.
Hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 05-24-2010, 01:13 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Moo.....

(Hush, Cyndi....)

Birthday weekend = need Ph1 again. I know you all missed me. Just popping in. Hoping to be able to check in daily but you just never know with my schedule!

Here's the latest: I turned 30. Chris and I painted the dining room and living room this past weekend, including all the wood trim. (Valspar "Brown Buzz" in the dining room and Laura Ashley Home "Sterling" in the living room, with white trim.) And.... we get our husky on Thursday after work! Included is a picture of our little Voodoo at 6 weeks. The breeder wouldn't take a 7 wk picture to give us because she wants us to be surprised at how big she is when we go pick her up. Sigh.

Anyway, my exercise level is going to skyrocket with the new puppy, and I got some of those Reebok Easytone shoes (I call them "Kramer shoes." Remember that episode of Seinfeld, with "Jimmy" and Mel Torme?) So far, I try to fall down the stairs at work every time I wear them, so they must be doing something.

So yeah, time to Ph1 and get the crap out of my system. I think it was the cherry cheesecake AND brownies that Mom made for my birthday that pushed me over the edge and made me a carb maniac again.

Hope all is well with you all. Have a great day

Lisa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voodoo6weeks.jpg (22.8 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by weezle; 05-24-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Closed Thread