South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 05:50 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Fabulous Friday

It is my last day in Maine, the sun is out and I plan to enjoy as much of the day as I can before getting on the road. First though I want to say good morning to all of you Coffee is ready. What's on your agenda for today?

Ruth - I hope there is some down time in your day. How are those gardens doing?

Cottage - Happy weekend! is it new countertop day?

Debbie - Your week has been very busy! Bet today is packed too. I'm anxious to hear about your garden too

You can probably tell I'm looking forward to getting home and playing in my yard. I also didn't get to do any biking because of the rain out day so that's on my weekend agenda too. For now though, a quiet morning with coffee then off to look for warblers

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-21-2010 at 05:55 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Fantastic Friday on The Beach

TGIF! It's Friday, it's going to be sunny and warm, and I should finally get my new countertops and kitchen put back together again, today!

I had to run out to Wawa for my coffee this morning, as Jake and Dustin took out the sink last night. The guys promised to be here bright and early, and should be out of here by noon. In the meantime, I've cleaned the bathroom and have the first load of laundry started.

Sorry I can't offer lattes to everyone this morning, but tomorrow I should be back in business!

What's in your plans for this beautiful day?
Old 05-21-2010, 06:02 AM   #3  

Good morning, Cyndi! You beat me to it today. Have a happy last day in Maine, and I'm glad it's going to be another sunny one for you. It should be a good day for birding!
Old 05-21-2010, 06:08 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Friday. Cyndi and Cottage. Enjoy your last day of your mini-vacance, Cyndi. Happy new counter top, Cottage. I bet they'll look great.

Another stuffed day ahead but Sunday looks clear and Monday is a holiday here. I picked up my porch planters late yesterday afternoon and the front porch is now my new "me" place. Weather is going to be fine for a week with temps as high as 88 so I'm darn glad the AC is now fixed - even if my 9 AM appointment didn't happen until 3 PM!

There's egg salad ready for lunch and a steak marinating for dinner with roasted asparagus so I'm ready to roll out Friday. Bring it on!
Old 05-21-2010, 06:18 AM   #5  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Cottage--See you tomorrow for the lattes!

Ruth--We have a holiday coming up soon as well. I'd rather go to school and get out for summer just a little bit earlier. The kids come back so stirred up from a day off that it will probably take the rest of the year (6 days from the day off) to get them settled back down! Only 13 more days of school. (I'm counting today)
Old 05-21-2010, 06:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Cyndi - enjoy your last day! I saw they're considering (?) putting Plum Island for sale to the public...you gonna get a piece?!?

Cottage - are you excited OR WHAT?!?!? (I am!)

Ruth - your me place sounds great. What's the holiday Monday? Our weather has been crazy too. I was chilled earlier this week, and stinkin' hot (mid 80's?) yesterday.

FCMonroe - I just noticed your "I lost 10 lbs". Congrats!!

Me- I don't have to work til 2 (yeah!!). I promised my DD that we'd have breakfast out if she was good going to bed all week, and she was. She requests Perkins. Their omelettes are good, but I'll request easy on the oil!! After that a run...I haven't been able to go since Monday b/c of work and family.

And then I need to figure out supper....
Old 05-21-2010, 07:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

TGIF!! This has been a long week for me. It has been nice to have my son home but the cookies and bagels and going out to dinner are sorely trying me. I am going to do my best to revisit PH1 starting today but may need to really kick it into gear when DS leaves on Sunday.

I have my workout with my mom (still lower body only) and PT this afternoon. The rain seems to have ended so I hope to get a walk in too.

Kelly - Interesting topics. I love Hair. Did your production do the nude scene? Sorry about all the stresses

Cyndi - Enjoy your last day. Biking is on my agenda too. But for my first ride post injury I want the paths to be very dry; that may take several days yet.

Linda - Oh my son goes to Wawa! What a funny name. I hope the counters look great.

Ruth - Perfect porch weather. Enjoy.

fcmonroe - My son has only next week, three days of which are finals. He is counting down too.

Twynn - Enjoy breakfast with your DD. How nice. And the run

I need to do some serious food planning now. Have a great day all. Catch you later.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:32 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

A quick hello, as we are heading into the pre-event burn. I got home at 7 last night and just got up. It might work a little smoother if I wasn't meeting the grieving spouse every morning for a dog walk but that's really important.

I'm grateful for being busy, happy to be sticking pretty close to plan-and I'm glad that the store where we do all our work is in the neighborhood. I shuffle Bing around and check on Rudi often.

Kelly, while you go through your stressful time.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:42 AM   #9  

My countertops are being installed as I type this, and they are everything I've been imagining. I can't get over the difference it's made already in my kitchen, and they're not even done yet.

Karen, Wawa is the name of a town where their first dairy store originated, and they gradually expanded into a large chain of convenience stores with gas pumps. They are especially famous for their coffee, and we're lucky to have one right up the street from us. They are opened 24 hours and no matter when you go there, the parking lot is always full.

Sorry, gotta run for now! BBL!
Old 05-21-2010, 11:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Congratulations Cottage!! Now, if you had to make a decision between: husband, or countertops....hmmmm....

(Darned it for me....son is sick (well, he doesn't seem like it though), i had to pick him up from school. No run for me on this beautiful day )
Old 05-21-2010, 11:20 AM   #11  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Hi Girls!!!

Feeling great @ Day 10 on p1!! I've managed to give another pound the slip ( doesn't seem right to say I lost it as I'm sure not looking for it, nor wanting it to be found!! ) LOL

I have found since yesterday, day 9, my appetite has gone way down and I have more mental clarity than before. I have just read a book on emotional eating and I am trying to incorporate some of those strategies into thie woe as well.

Something clicked for me last week when I was having head hunger (not physical hunger) at night, particularly obvious during the Survivor finale. I used to always celebrate a good show on tv by getting something high sugar/high fat to wolf down with it..so I had lots of OP snacks at that time but was realizing if I want this to last foever I need to be able to kick the habit of eating bc I'm bored, or to cope with a certain feeling. I have anxiety/panic too so I was eating soe of those feelings. It's a miracle I wasn't 600lbs! LOL

So the wheels are in motion there and I have deided, at least for right now, if i truly want the item despite realizing that it's head hunger I will have it. Have been keeping sf jello in the fridge for those times so I do as little calorie damage as possible, because if it's head hunger I'm never going to get those "satisfied" cues like if I was hungry..

Well sorry for the novel.. am going to try to get some intentional exercise today as it's supposed to be nice- and for the rest of the wknd! Yippee!

Have a great day!!
Old 05-21-2010, 08:07 PM   #12  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Natalia!! Sounds like you're doing great so far!
Closed Thread