South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/205/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Phase 1, day two, questions

Hi everyone, I am on day 2 of phase 1 and so far so good except that I already have a headache. I am sipping water all day long so hopefully it will take care of it. My questions are: 1) does the headache mean that the diet is working? 2) I eat a snack of a small amount of nuts around 3PM but I get very hungry around 4 PM. How does anyone cope when hungry? Thanks in advance for all your help!

Last edited by Marinella; 05-18-2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: No answers
Marinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:04 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Try getting in your 2 servings of dairy and eating some beans. Some tie the headache into the decrease in carbs in the diet so the lactose in milk and the carbs in beans seem to help. I would eat a larger snack if you are hungry by 4pm. Try a cheese stick or veggies with hummus are very filling. You shouldn't let yourself get to the point where you are starving. Try to eat every 3 hours or so. Are you getting in 4 1/2 cups of veggies per day and a good serving of protein with each meal? I also love Greek yogurt and sometimes eat a whole cup of it for a serving. It's very high in protein compared to regular yogurt and is very filling.

Last edited by murphmitch; 05-18-2010 at 03:05 PM.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #3  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

hi there,
I would say the headache would be sugar withdrawal This time, I had no SBD flu as I had plenty of beans and my full allotment of dairy.

if you are hunrgy, EAT!! Don't get hung up on that its passed snacktime or too close to dinner. if you are famished at dinner you are more likely to overeat..
If you know at what time you are always hungry, try having lots of bulk at your mid-afternoon snack. Instead of having a yogurt or a serving of nuts or protein, I would also eat some chopped veg with it too. That'll give you some crunchy satisfaction and help keep you full.

In the afternoon or evening I have been having a skinny cinnamon dolce or hazelnut latte from Starbucks! You can also add in a scoop of protein powder as well. They are only 90cal and are one serving of dairy, yumm-o
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Height: 5'5"

The headache is pretty normal as you're withdrawing from sugar, for me it was day 4 and 5 that were miserable. But the good news is it goes away, and you will feel GREAT once you get over that hump! I agree with eating beans and milk, those really help.

Something else that can cause headache is if you've cut way back on your caffeine intake suddenly. If that's the case you might want to consider cutting back more gradually.

I hope you're feeling better soon - it is worth it!
ChelseaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/205/140

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for all the answers everyone! Yes I do get 4-5 servings of vegetables a day and I eat fat free greek yogurt for breakfast with a packet of Truvia. I've noticed that beans have a lot of sodium, at least the ones I eat from the can. I've never cooked dry beans before but maybe is the way to go. I was successful in cooking lentils in the past and I love them. I like milk but I am lactose intolerant so I haven't bought any lately. Thanks again!
Marinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #6  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinella View Post
Yes I do get 4-5 servings of vegetables a day and I eat fat free greek yogurt for breakfast with a packet of Truvia.
Not 4-5 servings, 4-5 cups.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote