View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #6
AFChick
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

My turning point was failing the AF fitness test (again), just because of the ab cir. measure....I can run, no problem...push-ups, some problem, but can do enough...sit-ups, no problem. It's just that dang tape measure....and it's completely oblivious of the fact that I'm 5'9". I have to be extra skinny just because I'm tall. Anyway, I was sick of worrying about it every year and being "on the line" and "just squeaking by". I'd had it. I was darn well not going to lose my retirement pay after 16 years of hard work just because of a stupid tape measure! I got pissed and got motivated. Started tracking everything I ate and working out like a crazy lady. I lost almost 3 inches in my waist in less than 90 days. Weight loss has slowed a bit...definitely not at my goal weight, but I'm out of danger, and am continuing to move ahead.

After being around AF guys for 16 years...I thought you toned down the language admirably...I've definitely heard worse...just this morning...

Jen

July Goal/Long Term Goal:

"Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win."
- 1 Cor 9:24 (NAS)

Last edited by AFChick : 05-11-2010 at 12:09 PM.
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote