Old 05-10-2010, 07:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Post Weekly Chat May 10-16

New Pages:

I put us back on our Monday- Sunday routine. I hope that's OK....

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:23 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I simply cannot believe that it is the 10th of May already. Time is just flying and I feel like I have no control. Today is JC weigh in. It will not be good or so the scale says for no good reason. Puppy class is tonight too. The weight should be falling off of me with the activity Brodie has introduced!

I'm having guests on Friday. Can anyone recommend an outstanding bottled salad dressing? I'm making a salad and would like to have several choices of dressing available. I'm especially looking for a great balsamic one. I prefer lowfat over fat free.

Sloan, as you eye doctor to replace your pads with the really soft bendable nose pads. The ones that come with glasses are pretty hard. Mine replaced them and it helps alot. My hands are looking old too. Any way to replace collagen or keep it from leaving?

Hope the rest of you are well.

Rhonda, are you ok since your fall?

Gotta go get ready for Jenny.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its officialI'm out of the 170's I got on the scale and I did lose 2.5 last week,now to work on the rest of the week to to get down to the mid 160's.

Too windy to walk today,I have to get on the bike or use one of my walking videos.WATP's with Leslie.

RHONDA-Thanks for the pages, sure any schedule if fine with me
as long as we have a thread to post on.

VICKIE-Sorry you feel that the JC W-I is not going to be good, you might be surprised and see a lose. I use wishbone salad dressing sprays, this way I don't over do the dressing on the salads.

Have a great morning
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #4  

Good morning:

Yes, Vickie, I'm fine now. I'm blaming the Margaritas from the night before
I haven't got any dressings suggestions. It should be easy to make??

As for preventing collagen loss....well, "they" tell you all about fish oil supplements and such, but, really, it's the luck of the draw I'm sure. I know that all my adult life I've really taken card of my hands and nothing that you rub ON them will make any difference for this problem. I have very soft wrinkles now!

Congrats, Maryann. I hope to join you sooner rather than later.

Rhonda
Old 05-10-2010, 01:19 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

I stayed the same and I'm thrilled after Jim's birthday dinner where I splurged. Rhonda, I'll make the dressing if I can find a good recipe. I thought I'd see if you guys could recommend a bottle or a recipe first.

Thanks, Mary Ann! These folks don't need to lose weight so I'm not going to put the spray dressings out. Congratulations on your loss. You must be SO happy. I'm happy for you.

Sandra, what's going on in your life?

Nancy, how's Robin doing with his recovery?

Angela, Paula, Sloan, Donna.....hope you are having great days.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi chicks, I got my new contacts today. I was surprised at how well I did putting them in! I'll let you know how I do with them in the long run. My vision is good, but could be a little sharper. Maybe I'll get used to them and things will sharpen up.

I have to go for now 'cause DS is crying for his computer. I'll check in later. Have a great day, y'all!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:35 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. It's good to be back on track.

Vickie, congratulations on your WI. I'll bet Brodie does keep you moving. I'm getting most of my exercise working in the yard. (And that's not enough.)

Sloan, I'll bet you look cute in your new contacts.

Maryann, congratulations on being back in the 60's. I'll bet you're excited. Did you call your doctor and tell him?

I'm going out to feed roses in a few minutes. They look hungry.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:13 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

It sunny out but its cold this morning, to walk along the beach. Going to see what this afternoon brings. I have a appointment with my orthopedic doctor this AM for a follow up for my bad neck/shoulder pain.

Up on the scale due to a huge NY bagel that I had last night instead of a pretzel that I was craving. I'm so at myself for sabotaging my effects of losing this weekend.

RHONDA-Thanks for congrats,hope I will be able to get down again.

VICKIE- Sorry I can't help with the dressing but that the only ones I use. I was happy until last night now I have to exercise just has hard to burn those calories.

SLOAN-Congrats on getting contracts I had them{hard} years ago before I met Leo ,but I had problems trying to form a callous on my eye lids so I decided to wear glasses instead.

SANDRA-Thanks for the Congrats,but I'm up again for being stupid. I'll call him when I really get my head in order,and not go into stupid cravings.

Have a nice day Have to get ready for appointment with the Orthopedic doctor for a follow up of my neck/shoulder problem.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Maryann, don't be so hard on yourself. Just forgive yourself and move on. You're doing really really well. You're bound to slip every now and then.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:17 PM   #10  

Yes, Maryann, don't be hard on yourself. If you're hard on yourself, then I have to be hard on myself, and I don't want to be I've got to throw the M and M's out of this house.

I've taken two stained glass classes this week and the teacher replied when someone asked her "is this good enough?"...."I forgive myself, and don't try to be perfect." By the way, I love stained glass work. It's like sewing but with glass and metal...lots of fun.

We have guests tonight so I probably won't be back. It's my late brother- in- law's cousin's son and a friend of his, passing through Texas. How's that for extended family!?

I hope you all have a good night.

Rhonda
Old 05-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Maryann, I know just how you feel, but Rhonda and Sandra are right. Just dust yourself off and keep on going! You will be okay, besides, you now know how to get that weight off. You'll get it done in your own time.

Rhonda, you definitely have the gift of hospitality. I want to join your extended family!!

Sandra, the jury is certainly out on the verdict for the contacts. I know it will take a couple of weeks to get used to them, but I'm not sure I will be able to get used to how I look. I look so tired without the glasses!

My eating is out of control!!! I have GOT to snap out of it! I'm not eating large amounts, but I am eating really, really "not core" things. I hope this weekend will be a good time to shop and prepare. I know that is the key!

I've got to go get something for DH's dinner. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:22 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Going to make this short as we're expecting rain some time today and would like to walk before it hits us.

Thanks for all your support,I know I should be that hard on myself,but its was soooooo good to see the scale move down to the 160's,but this morning I'm down .5 Another lady on another board pointed out that it might be the salty roast beef slices that I had. Sodium is a possibility,as its in everything.

SANDRA-Thanks,thought it was the bagel never thought about the sodium.Always forget to check it out.

RHONDA-Glad that your enjoying your 2 stained glass classes. Don't thing that would be for me as I HATE sewing. The only needle I like it knitting or crocheting.

SLOAN-Sorry you got into that out of core eating mode. It happens to the best of us. Just get back OP and you'll be OK. I can't watch my carbs & sodium intake,but one day the old head will click in to what I doing,& than I lose again.

Have to go, expecting rain some time today and I would like to get my walking done before it too late. Have a nice day
Old 05-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm a busy girl today again. It seems there is precious little down time these days. At least it doesn't leave time for mindless munching.

Sloan, you'll put the brakes on soon. After a while all that non Core food doesn't make us feel too good!

Rhonda, you are enjoying your retirement! That's great.

Sandra, how's it going? You're being quiet again. What's coming up for you guys? Any tournaments.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #14  

Sloan, I know how you feel. Just put on the brakes as Vickie said. I'll do the same. Deal??

All of you chickies are my extended family, and welcome here anytime. We've got lots of room, and I'll throw out the M and M's that DH brought into the house!!!

I've been to see Torture Todd, the guests have left, and I'm going back to the art gallery to work on my piece. The teacher was so sweet. I said that I was concerned that if I came during her work time I would disturb her. She said to not be silly because we were creating art and what would be disturbing about that?!

Have a great OP day...hang in there, we'll all make it. One day at a time, as they say.

Rhonda
Old 05-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I was a wayward Chickie but have finished dusting and am back op. We don't have another big tournament till sometime mid-summer. My gf is going to start coming out again next week so we can train together. How is Brodie?

While I was telling all of you to be kind to yourselves, I was working at doing the same myself. So far I still like me so I'm guessing all is well. I normally dodge cameras but the past few weeks I've been captured in all my glory (poundwise I mean) Talk about depressing! Back in 05 a photo of myself caused me to get serious about losing. I'm hoping the same happens now. One photo with me in it was even posted by another archer on an archery message board. Yuck! But I still like myself.

Rhonda, you and Doyle are wonderful hosts. I love it! You're really enjoying your new home. That makes me smile. (M&M's is my candy of choice.)

Sloan, how long had you worn glasses? I am the opposite and balk at wearing them. I have bifocals but usually just rely on reading glasses.

Maryann, sodium could be the culprit. Congratulations on being down that half pound.

Last edited by ontarget; 05-12-2010 at 07:12 PM.