Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-09-2010, 05:11 PM   #16  
Mrs. Brady

S/C/G: 283/259/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrophe View Post
I drink right out of the measuring cup (why make another dirty dish? It's glass, it has a handle, it's practically a mug already!) and I weigh stuff out because that's how I track it in my food log. 3 oz brocc. 4 oz chicken. Whatever.

So I wouldn't sweat it if my spouse said "Really?" at me. My answer would be "Yep." and just move on.

A.
Great post! I may start drinking right out of the measuring cup myself!

And I would have had a similar response to the "Really?" If that's all he said, then at most, I probably would have answered, "Ya gotta do what ya gotta do," and this would have likely ended the conversation. However, if it had been something like, "Oh, you and your obsessive measuring!" then I would have been ticked.

Last edited by LovebirdsFlying; 05-09-2010 at 05:15 PM.
LovebirdsFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:51 AM   #17  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyyellowfeet View Post
When we first starting dieting, my SO didn't get why I wanted a food scale so quickly. She wanted to diet with me, but since she had no experience with it whatsoever, she just didn't understand the importance of one.

So, after I had bought it, I made chicken. Aiming for a 4 oz. serving, I made her cut it. Then I weighed it. Needless to say, she had sliced way more than four ounces; i think they were closer to eight. Since she had no experience dieting, she just didn't realize that foods don't come in perfectly portioned little bits.

Maybe you could try something similar. Have your boyfriend pour out what he considers a serving of cereal. Then measure it. See how off he is. (if he gets it spot on, you can always say you just don't have his type of skills yet). Maybe that will make the connection for him that you're not being weird, you're just realizing that a serving size is often not what you picture it to be....and that weighing is the best way to make that connection.
I love this! I may just do that sometime soonish. Strikes me as a really great idea for some perspective for him!
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:26 AM   #18  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
LOL - yes, I understand if someone is actually in the shower. But I mean when the shower is empty. If after my shower, I leave the curtain even a smidgen folded, or unevenly extended or non-symmetrical in any way, he gets a bit wiggy.

It makes sense. Fully extended, the shower curtain dries faster - no mold. I get it, but it's how wiggy he gets that weirds me out.
My fiance is the same way. I started to leave it folded and it started to mold. I guess sometimes guys are right.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote