Old 02-14-2010, 07:55 AM   #1  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Default ZIGZAG Calorie Intake

Whose idea was this in the first place. It has caused me great turmoil. First of all I started at 1200 calories for two weeks and then went to 1500 calories for two weeks. Then I tried the zigzag thing between 1500-1800 for a week. WHAT A MESS!! I have been loosing at least an inch in my waist, belly and hips a week, but last week I only lost a quarter inch in my waist and a quarter inch under my breast. That almost set me back. I was enjoying all the inches coming off each week. Now I got it back down to 1200 calories a week to kick it back in gear. I know it was some loss but I work to hard exercising for it to be that little.

I can't handle that kind of hit...can you tell??
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:14 AM   #2  
Artsy Fartsy Girl

S/C/G: 268/226/185

Height: 5'6"

It is too much thinking about calories for me... I'd get obsessive I think. Instead, I'm trying to eat 15 5o 20% fewer calories than my daily maintenance level, and tha's working o.k. I do sometimes go over or under by about 100 to 200 calories, and maybe that helps, but I'm not willing to track an extreme zig zag plan.

Honestly, the less I think about food the better off I am.
dolphinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #3  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

I was trying to zig zag too and it was a bit confusing. Some days were scheduled to be higher calorie days but I didn't feel like eating that much, other days I went a bit over my allowance. If you were losing weight by sticking to the same numbers every day then maybe you should stay with that until you hit a plateau, then start zig zaging for a bit. It is great to have a back up plan for when a plateau hits. Some people have success by sticking to a lower number all week and having a free day on the weekend where they eat more. I wish I had better advice but I just wanted to say, try not to get too stressed over the numbers. Find something that works for you and try to stick with it until it doesn't work anymore
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote