Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/209/140

Height: 5'3

Default Nutrisystem

I am getting ready to order nutrisystem soon. Are there any tips that you can help me with? Also can someone suggest which foods are best. Thanks
Mawmaw to 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:57 AM   #2  

Default best nutrisystem foods

Hi Mawmaw to 2,

My favorite foods for dinner are Lasagna with Meat Sauce, Cheese and Spinach Ravioli with Meat Sauce, Mashed Potatoes with Meatloaf & Tomato Sauce, Flatbread Pizza.

For lunch, I like Cheesy Homestyle Potatoes, Chicken Salad, and Tomato Soup.

For dessert, I'm a sucker for the salty stuff: the nacho crisps and the buffalo chicken pretzels.

And of course, you can't go wrong with anything in the Nutrisystem Select frozen plan, if you can afford it.

There's a list of the most popular Nutrisystem foods here, as ordered by its members. For the most part I agree with it, although the list doesn't have some of the newer food, which is very good.

Good luck!
hc
hcl777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:36 AM   #3  

I tried the Nutrisystem diet for a month back in September. I was actually quite excited and looking forward to it. I found for me personally most of the foods that you just had to heat and eat were decent. I absolutely hated anything that was dried and required water like some of the soups and mashed potatos. I also disliked most of the breakfast items such as the scones, muffins and the snacks as they all seemed to taste highly processed to me.

All in all this wasn't a lifestyle change for me. After a week I couldn't wait to get off the diet and ultimately only lost 4lbs in a month. I know that that is a perfectly acceptable amount to lose and losing slow is the best way to go about it but for me it was not worth it.

I do wish you the best of luck with it though, I wish it would have worked for me.
Harbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252/241/180

Height: 5' 7"

So, I am on Day 3 of Nutrisystem and so far, I like the food. It is on par with Lean Cuisine food.....Haven't tried the forzen stuff yet....THe only thing I HATED so far were the Chicken and Dumplings entree for dinner last night. Not so good....but then again, I am from the south and that is a speciality of the family....So, I will avoid things I can make better :-). The desserts are good - both the salty and sweet....breakfast is not so bad, either. I personally think I can stick to this diet...and I have been on and off diets for the biggest part of my life...some 25 years! This is a no brainer one...you eat what the list tells you to do, minimal preparation, and the food is all good...and if you eat ALL of the food when you should, you don't feel hungry and the withdrawl from sugar and starch is not so bad.

I am thinking after a few months of Nutrisystem, I am ging to check into Weight Watchers so I can start doing the cooking myself - but I need to break the habit of eating huge meals, and that will take some time....portion control is a learning curve for me.

I wish you well!!!!
MaryGladys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/230/175

Height: 5'8"

I found the fresh frozen selections were definitely a cut above the regular NS options. It is unfortunate that they are not incorporated into the regular plans, and are an additional cost. Other than that I'd say you just have to taste everything and find out what is good for you.
I looked at hcl777's link to NS most popular foods, and I personally don't like most of those listed. It's really an individual thing.
Overall, there is something for everyone.
Supplementing with veggies and fruits is key. I thank NS for helping me really incorporate more veggies and fruits. It's something you know you are supposed to do, but some people need a regimented plan that gives an outline on how to do it.

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by CawScorp; 03-10-2010 at 01:11 PM.
CawScorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:48 PM   #6  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

I tried NutriSystem a few years back and I found that I couldn't stomach the food. Maybe they've changed the recipes since then, but I threw away about 90% of the food they sent me.
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #7  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

I started Nutrisystem back in 2006 and did for about 4 months. The food was tolerable, it's really just trial and error because what I like you may hate and what you love may make me cringe. I can't remember how much I lost I think it was about 30 lbs, but what was great is that it really taught be about portions got me motivated and really jump started my journey. I don't think I'd be where I am today if I hadn't done it. However, 4 months in I just could handle the havoc it was taking on my stomach (the gas pain was likened to labor) and I found a blog of a girl who was doing Nutrisystem with her own recipies and had listed a very specific plan with recipes that you could pretty much just pick and choose from. I lost another 40 lbs with her plan and was so much happier with the tastes and my stomach issues where cured immediatly. If you google amysmythr you will probably be able to find her blog with the recipies. Good luck!

Last edited by ncuneo; 03-25-2010 at 05:32 PM.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #8  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I have been on NS for 2 weeks now.

I add sauteed onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and peppers etc. to my dinner. It makes the food taste "less" processed. -- I am trying to stay on it for 2 months, but that remains to be seen. I am craving for real food.

It is helping me with portion control, though.

I like the website; I use the daily calorie counter, measurement and weightloss tracker.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I have tried it on two seperate occasions, years apart , I didn't like it much the first time but thought I would try it again. The food is only tolerable and way too expensive . You can get good results by using other methods.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/188/175

Height: 5'5"

I've tried NS a couple of times. The good news is that both times I've lost weight--and easily. The less-than-great news is that I've always felt terrible while on the diet and I've gained the weight back.

I was tempted to try it again just recently. Instead, I'm going to work on making a lifestyle change. That's why I'm here.

Good luck--keep us posted.
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 238/238/145

Height: 5'4"

I tried NS last summer and I did lose about 7lbs in a month. I was kind of dissapointed because I felt for as much as I was paying and following the plan, and exercising, I was expecting to lose more. After two months of ordering the food, which was decent, I cancelled my membership because I just felt it wasn't worth it. Like BoiseShan, I decided to make a complete lifestyle change. THe main thing is we all stay focused on our ultimate goal. Good luck to you
Becca812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:46 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawmaw to 2 View Post
I am getting ready to order nutrisystem soon. Are there any tips that you can help me with? Also can someone suggest which foods are best. Thanks

It's actually quite difficult to make any suggestions without knowing anything about you... what kind of foods are your favorites? If you can let me know that, then I can at least give my opinion on which ones you may take to.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote