Old 01-19-2010, 10:11 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Cool Thursday Chatters--Second Page of Happy New Year 2010

Hello

We are a great, talkative group this month. We had to begin another thread as the other one was getting too long for the forum.

Mimi has received her 10% pin. That is fantastic!

Susan, we hope your dad is out of ICU and doing well.
Tammy, are you swimming this time at the Y? How is Maurice doing? Of course, how is Tim doing?

Jeanne, you are doing so good with your journaling. Keep it up.

Maureen, is it still too cold for roller blading? Is your new floor all down now? I want to see pictures.

Sis and Dori, y'all can do this. Just keep coming here to talk.

We have several new members. I hope they can find this second thread.

Today the realtor will speak with the builder to go over the inspection report. Hopefully, he'll do most all the repairs. Our option period ends tomorrow. Time is going by fast!!!!
I've been journaling but not drinking as much as I should.

Everyone have a great day.
Tina
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:45 AM   #2  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday!

Mimi - GOOD job girl!

Susan - Hope things are well at your end!

Tina - Great job on journaling for you as well! So exciting about the townhouse!

Tammy - I think you started something here with these Zumba classes!

Maureen, Dori, & Sis - hi! Hope you are having a great day!

Drink your water, eat your veggies and try Zumba! (haha) Just thought I'd through that in there to be funny! I start tomorrow!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Good Afternoon all!

Found the thread after I had posted on the other one.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I stayed on points all weekend except Friday night when I went to the movies. I ate about 1/2 a bucket of buttered popcorn. I hope my 35 extra points covered it! Anyway, otherwise, I've done good. I even walked twice for 25 minutes. My legs are sore, but I know it will get better. I used to walk 3-4 miles at a time. I did good to get over a mile. I made my goal to walk 3 times this first week.

Everyone take care.

Donna
exquisitern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #4  

Boy, we really talk alot!!!

Tina, I'm doing the step aerobics on M-W-F mornings. Thought about signing up for the water aerobics, then I thought about how cold it is outside, and how the water is already too cold let alone when it's cold outside. Maybe later in the spring. Maurice is great! He is napping right now. Maybe I should be too. I think I might after I finish on here.

Tim is good. He took the EMT class this morning. Praying he passes it. He'll find out late tomorrow or Thursday he thinks. He is at Arby's working right now. Still busy with his classes too.

Let us know what you find out about the new place & the inspection stuff.

Jeanne, I've been journaling too, but just online at Sparkpeople. Hope you enjoy the Zumba class! I need to talk to the woman that teaches at Studio Zumba, and see when her classes are. I would like to go a couple times a month if I can.

Went to the rheumatologist this morning. That is the first that I have been there since August, 2008, the month after Bob died. She was pleased with the 17 pounds that I had lost since then, glad to see me looking better and feeling better. She's still concerned about the left knee making crunching noises, but since it hasn't been bothering me, I'll just continue with the same meds. (no mention of surgery)

I might take a short nap, then run to fill some prescriptions, go get my oil changed, and then go bug Tim at Arbys. I'm sure that would make him happy.

Hope everyone is staying OP!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:42 PM   #5  

Donna, we must have been typing at the same time! Good for you for getting out and walking. Doesn't it make you feel better after you have done something? The soreness will go away, so that's a good thing.

In my aerobics class yesterday, we used weights alot. I can really feel it in my armpits and upper arms today. Hoping that we don't do them as much tomorrow.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Hi,

Donna, I am very impressed with your walking, too. Wow, you did over a mile in 25 minutes. That is great!!!

Tammy, my fingers and toes are crossed for Tim. I am certain he will pass with no problem. Please let us know.

Jeanne, thanks for the dancing carrot.

I had a message on the machine from our realtor. The contractor called her saying he was still looking at the list of things to be corrected. He didn't see any reason why all things couldn't be addressed. Addressed---I hope that means fixed.

My sister and I went looking for living room furniture at several stores this morning. We ended up at a Chinese restuarant. I hope I don't have water retention from it. I should start drinking lots and lots of water.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good evening all

well, I sure haven't been on program lately-I just came back from buying a dining room set-not the one I originally saw, but I like this one a bit better I think-they'll deliver it saturday. my brother took my to look at them and we stopped for Tim Horton's coffee and donuts-I had a large Ice Cap!! just what I needed -oh yeah & I had a Boston Cream donut-boo hoo(but it was good)
tomorrow's another day

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #8  

Quick note. Tim just found out about the EMT test. HE PASSED!!!!! We were dancing around the house!
Old 01-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #9  
Susan

Hi,
I'm back home! Dad got out of ICU Sunday morning. Then moved to rehab today. I hope he isn't there a long time. He has a roommate so mom can't stay the night!!! Thats good!!! I want you to know I have cried more tears than I should have!!! It really hurts my heart and Pat doesn't seem to understand. He thinks I'm over reacting! That is my Daddy!!!

Tina, yea I think that means everything will be fixed!
Tammy, a happy dance here for Tim!!!!
Maureen, how exciting!!

I think I have plantar facitis. My heel really hurts and especially in the morning! I went to buy a boot to sleep in but it was $65. I figure I could wear the boot I used when I had surgery. It my other foot.

Off to bed! Thanks for all the prayers and please continue with them. We have a long way to go!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:08 AM   #10  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

I'm having another rough day. I don't understand why I make bad food decisions and then feel bad for eating the "bad" stuff. You would think I would do what I need to do in order to get this weight off. *sigh* However, there is hope on the horizon. My best friend and I have decided that next Monday will be our official start date for our new lifestyle. I will follow WW's while she does calorie counting. We will also walk every afternoon after school plus do some exercising with our lovely spouses. I think it will help me stay on track. I'm also thinking about keeping a picture diary of my journey along with a blog. At this point, I need all the support I can get.

Catching up on the previous posts. Talk to you gals later.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #11  
Thursday Lady

Hello, hello, hello

Dori, you can do this!!!!! That's a great idea to do it with a friend. And, exercising is a must at getting that metabolism going again. I think you will see results in no time. The inches will fall off.

Tammy, I am so happy for you and Tim. Happy dancing everywhere.

Susan, of course you are upset. This is your daddy. It's hard for us children. I'm so happy that he's out of ICU. You take care of yourself.
About that heel--my right heel did the same thing for a couple of months. I found that if I walked every day, the pain finally just disappeared. Why don't you try that before investing in a costly boot. Oh, Advil helped me, too.

Maureen, that is great about your dining room set. We have a bedroom set on layaway. At least you can eat and I can sleep.

Mimi, how are you doing?

Sis, mt girl, Donna, keep OP.

Jeanne, tell me more about those WW little bars. I have some Special K protein bars that are good.

I just returned from the exercise room where I walked for 30 minutes. I'm really going to miss this place when we finally move out. I hope my old treadmill will still work. It's in storage right now.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:33 PM   #12  
jeanne

hi everyone! Ahhhhhhhh, tonight was my first Zumba class! It was an hour class and I only made it through the first half hour. Then I jumped in for the cool down! I'll be on line tomorrow......if I am able to CRAWL out of bed and WALK down the steps! haha! Loved it! It was a full house and the little girl instructing was amazing!
My daughters and my friends all did great and loved it! Soooooo, we will be back next Weds.

Have a great night and we made it over the hump! 2 more days till the w/e again!
Old 01-21-2010, 06:57 AM   #13  
jeanne

Good Morning!

Have a TERRIFIC THURSDAY!
Old 01-21-2010, 07:39 AM   #14  

Susan, glad to hear your dad is out of ICU, and also glad to hear he has a roomie so your mom can't stay there. She needs to take care of herself too.
You are not over reacting! I was the same with with both of my parents and Bob when they were ill. If you hold it in, it makes it worse for you. Trust me. Is it the bottom of your heal? They thought that I had p.f. and discovered that I had a heel spur.

Dori, that will be good to have a friend to work with you. I think having someone else to help keep you accountable is great.

Tina, Tim is still flying high over passing the test! Those Special K bars are good. Have you tried the Fiber One Bars? YUM! I usually have one in my bag for when I finish my class at the Y. good for walking on the treadmill. I hope yours works when you get it out of storage!! I know how often you used it.

Jeanne, LOL to you and Zumba! I felt the same way the first class, but I loved it. The music was so much fun, and I grinned like a goof through the whole class. Our class was 45 minutes of Zumba, then we did 30 minutes of toning. It was great. Guess I should still be taking it, but when the doctor and Tim tell me they think I need to back off on things, I guess I'll give it a try for now.

Ice this morning. All the schools are on delays. I was going to go with Tim to get books for his classes, but he called and said we'll go later this afternoon.

Ok. Here is the scoop on Tim. He failed 2 classes first semester. I know he worked hard, and he really enjoyed the classes. He was devestated. He has never been a good test taker, and since Bob died, he has really struggled with school. For this semester, he had 3 classes on Mon. and Fri. and 4 classes on Wed (same classes from M & F, but an added class). We were glad that he didn't have to drive over an hour every day this semester. In order to graduate in May, he had to pick up a couple more classes. It scares me that he won't be able to do well with all the classes. He talked to his advisor, and he was able to get 2 classes at the local community college, and those credits will transfer. He is taking an English class and Sociology. English is Tues. and Thurs. mornings, and the Sociology is on Tues. night. Please keep him in prayers that he can handle all these classes, plus working at Arbys and running rescue squad. Arby's and the squad have been so helpful with his schedules, so that is helping. He wants me to play the "teacher mom" this semester, and help him with things (making sure he is getting things done on time, helping him study, etc.). He knows that if he wants to graduate on time, maybe I can help a bit.

Just took Maurice out, and we slid across the walk. I held on to the door handle to keep standing. Oh my. I should have stayed down south!!!

Last edited by Tammy; 01-21-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:36 PM   #15  
Susan

Hi,

Dad got sent to rehab Tuesday. Today they got him up and had him eat in the cafeteria. Momma ate with him. They also are checking him for all kinds of things and are really on top of things. He is getting really confused periodically. I think it's the medicine again. He called 911 last night because he heard a fight in the hall. Luckily 911 checks if they receive a call from a nursing home. Daddy knows something isn't right but he is getting stronger daily. It's so hard..... I know ya'll understand!

I'm going down on Feb. 4 weekend because the 5th is Momma's 75th birthday. Plus we are going to have a little party at the rehab place. I guess we will call it the hotel again!

I'm having my abalation on Feb. 18 and taking off on the 19th.

Get this, they told the teacher next door to me that they were not renewing her contract at the end of the year. I was floored! Even though I know I'm doing what I am suppose to, it makes you nervous!

Tina, yea on the house!
Maureen, how's the move coming?
Tammy, I know it's been hard for Tim! He will do fine with all his classes!!! He is a strong young man and has a wonderful mother! I'm glad that he is willing to let you help. He will be in my prayers!
Jeanne, how's it going for you?
Dori, when do you get out for summer? I'm already for it and we have a long way to go!

Oh, I'm doing the 30 day shred in the mornings and swimming at night. NO LOSS!!!!! I do know that I'm firming up so maybe it will start sooner than later.
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote