South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 05:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Temptationless Tuesday

I'm up. Going to get on the the treadmill in a couple minutes.

Talk amongst yourselves....

(I'll be back!)
Old 01-19-2010, 06:04 AM   #2  
Be happy.

lol Good morning Twynn! Enjoy your treadmill time.

I had a great weekend but I'm sooo glad to be home. No pastries and other junk leering at me, cupboards stocked with sbd friendly things and my treadmill.... lol I think I'm getting too set in my ways!

New snow and no meetings after school today so I'm hoping to get out on my snowshoes this afternoon.

Enjoy your Tuesday friends!
Old 01-19-2010, 06:15 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I'm off to Wii yoga but if it's good enough for Twynn it's good enough for me

Good morning all

Twynn - hope the run is fabulous

Heidi - Glad you made it back with no problems. Looks like perfect outdoor weather all week. Enjoy the snow shoeing

Back later ! (my leg lifts never look like that. I sway a whole lot more )
Old 01-19-2010, 06:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Enjoy your treadmill, Twynn! Are you all settled in your new kitchen?

Heidi, I'm relieved to see you arrived back home safe and sound! Have a great day and a nice time snowshoeing.

I'm heading over to Cindy's pretty soon. Audrey is down with the stomach virus, poor thing. So our plans were cancelled yesterday and I spent the day doing tons of laundry and bedding and nursing Audrey while Maggie spent most of the day with her mommy riding. I expect Maggie will be next.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:44 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey Twynn, good alliteration! It could be Treadmill Tuesday too.

Welcome home, Heidi. I'm a bit of a homebody too although I do enjoy travel.

Cyndi, I have to get this Wii thing figured out - maybe a demo? When I first saw the term, I thought World War II. Duh!

Cottage, sorry about the sickies. Give "Oderia" a gentle hug from me.

It's Good Food Box Day so this morning will be spent be lugging crates of stuff in from the truck to be divided up. The winter GF box isn't too exciting - onions, turnips, carrots, oranges and apples plus those darn bananas. I'm hoping for mushrooms today. Lots of the folks don't eat mushrooms so I can swap my bananas for theirs. To me, mushrooms are like meat and I add them to a lot of things.

Disney is going to pet therapy this afternoon - she is out of practice. I've been taking Jazz to the nursing home because I can just carry him in and avoid the muddy paw problem. D. is too heavy to carry any distance and hates being carried anyhow. I think being picked up in the shelters meant something unpleasant was about to happen - like moving to another shelter. She was in five. Poor pooch!

Time for breakfast and a bit of a kitchen clean-up. I was still dealing with chicken stock mess at 9 last night and just went to bed leaving the stock pot to soak. Fly Lady would not be pleased but she doesn't live here!

Hope your Tuesday remains temptationless.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm back!

Heidi - it is much easier at home, huh? Out of sight, out of mind.

Cyndi - LOL...I didn't get the comment about the leg lifts at first, then I giggled . I saw you did massive minutes on the Wii fit yesterday...I'm in awe!!

Cottage - hope you don't get the bug too! You don't seem to pick up their nasty things too often, do you?

Ruth - I thought of 'treadmill tuesday', but I didn't want to be machinist . Hope Disney does well today! (about half the time, I forget my stock. That's what boiling is for!)

Me - ew...another yucky run. Past two mornings, it has just been a struggle!! Well, at least I did it.

Today hopefully will be a boring day. Work, work on the kitchen (cottage - in a bit...not all the way...we're working on the pantry!), mess with the kids. I think my good food choices are all lined up though!

Have a good tuesday!
Old 01-19-2010, 07:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hi all! Just brushed my teeth, getting my little sister ready for school. Just wanted to say hello b4 I go take my bath and begin my day. Take care chickadees!
Old 01-19-2010, 08:00 AM   #8  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning

No time for personals. Have a great day.

Tammie
Old 01-19-2010, 08:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone!!

Twynn: Thanks for the start this morning! I do hope it is temptationless! Sorry your run wasn't all that great, but you're right, at least you did it. Now there are no worries about getting a workout in!

Heidi: I'm glad you made it home safely. I love to travel as well, but there is nothing like the familiarity of your own home, your own kitchen and your own food after any trip!

Cyndi: Enjoy yoga! I hope you had a relaxing Monday off!

Cottage: So sorry to hear about little Audrey's illness. I hope she doesn't pass it on to you or Maggie. I hope you have a nice day.

Ruth: I wish I could share your enthusiasm for mushrooms, but I can't since I'm allergic. It would be so much easier to prepare meatless meals, though! I hope you and Disney enjoy pet therapy today and avoid any muddy paws!!

, FoodObsessed and tammies00! Hope you both have a great day!

I'm so glad that I woke up early this morning. It really is a nice relief to have some sort of workout out of the way, even if it wasn't a full-intensity one. I am planning on doing my "regular" workout after work, but if it doesn't happen, at least I've already got 30 minutes of something taken care of.

We're both back to work today, which is fine. The weekend was so relaxed that I think we both got a little bit bored. I've got a few errands to run at lunch and after work, it should be a simple night since I'll have dinner in the crock pot. Well, I'm off to do my bible study for the morning. I hope everyone to come has a wonderful day!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 01-19-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:43 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning ladies!

Miss me ??? NY was ... interesting. But the good part is that I got to meet my 1-week old niece. She is very squishy! Also saw my nephew who is feeling VERY left out, poor thing. Doesn't help he's got a different dad but that's neither here nor there.

Twynn - hope the treadmill was envigorating!
Heidi - jealous of the snow!!! have a great day!
Cyndi - I just can't get into yoga, but hope you had a great workout
Cottage - have a great day!
Ruth - I am with ya on the mushrooms *drool*
FoodO and Tammie - have a great day!
Kim - Good for you for getting up and at 'em! I did not. meh! Work after a long weekend is the pits...

I have two projects today: a webinar to run and a document due. So I will not be my usual chatty self until tomorrow. Off for some coffee and yogurt (not together of course)!

Last edited by jenne1017; 01-19-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:00 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Heidi - Glad you had a great weekend. Have fun on your snowshoes.

Cyndi - Enjoy yoga.

Cottage - Stay healthy!

Ruth - What is Good Food Box Day?

Twynn - So early and your exercise is already done! I need to get moving.

Hi Tammie and FoodO

Kim - I love when dinner is already in the crockpot!

Jenn - I did miss you! Welcome back. Did you get your slice of pizza?

As for me... another day of weekend (staff development at the HS.) Book club tonight will surely have food temptations. I am less worried about willpower and more worried about someone commenting about me not partaking. Small group of women and they are all skinny and not yo-yo's like me

Have a great Tuesday all
Old 01-19-2010, 09:19 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Twynn, thanks for getting us started. I slept in and am not too chatty yet, but I'll give it a try; I have a busy day and might not get back later.

Hello to all the early exercisers; Twynn, Cyndi and KimStar. Early exercise helps me alot. I plan to get my 10 minute in before heading to the pool.

Heidi, have a quick day and enjoy making tracks on your snowshoes!

Cottage, busy busy! You get your exercise in during the normal course of the day. Sorry everyone is getting sick!

Ruth, have a great pet therapy visit. Rudi is a bit out of practice, too. He is so hard to keep groomed in the winter. I love mushrooms, too. Hope you get bunches!

FoodObsessed, Tammie, Waisting and anyone else in need

Jenn, hope your projects are glitchfree!

Rikki, hope you are feeling better soon!

I'm headed out for dog walking and then to the pool. I have a dog therapy meeting at noon which will be hard-we lost 2 more dogs to cancer last month. Afternoon I'm still trying to knit, but it takes a certain brain function to start. Yesterday was an off day, foodwise, so I'm getting back on track. One day ok, two days .

Enjoy your day everyone!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Hey WaistingTime, are u a teacher? I was thinking about teaching but I want to do it at the college level. But I want a job. I don't NEED one because I am on disability, but I want one for the sake of my mental health.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

No, not a teacher. Stay-at-home mom but got a long weekend because my teen is home I have always thought it would be fun to teach at a college too. Or just work at one.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Good afternoon everyone!
Hope everyone's tuesdays are going well!

I survived day one!!

It's rather gloomy today here... seems like its going to rain any minute. Probably going to start packing today (I SHALL find the gigantic duffle bag that has been eluding me for the past 6 months! Its around here somewhere...) and researching companies for this career tracks program I'm going on Thursday. I'm visiting Google and Random House and other new media/publishing places in NYC. I'm going to be like a kid in a candy shop.

Last edited by KatehSparrow; 01-19-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Closed Thread