Old 12-30-2009, 10:08 PM   #16  
Wonderwitch121

S/C/G: 268

Height: 5'5"

Grr, I understand you. My daughter came back from spending Thanksgiving with her Father's family in SC. Apparently, the Ex-mother-in-law commented to one of her cousin's that the counsin's baby was going to be "plump" like her mother. My daughter was so mad at her for saying that in front of the girl, at that. She is all of 4'10'' and maybe 100 lbs wet. My daughter is a shrimp too.
wonderwitch121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:00 AM   #17  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Andrea,

First off, to you! I think you are doing great despite all of the craziness that is your life! Please remember that. I have no way of knowing whether MIL's gift was malicious or not but I can relate a very similar story myself.

About 5 years ago, my MIL (who is about a size 18-20 herself) bought me a seriously fugly sweater set for xmas. I kid you not--it was tan with brown accents--not a good color combo for me. But here's the kicker, it was a size 20 or 22! I was no where near that size. I was probably about a size 16-18 at the time. So I returned it to the plus sized store from whence it came. It turns out that she had spent a ridiculous amount of money on it! I did have a hard time finding things in that store because I was between the smallest size at the plus size store and the largest size at their sister regular size store (Christopher Banks & CJ Banks). That and I don't really like their clothing anyway. I guess I do not appreciate appliques and embroidery matchy-matchy sets enough. I ended up getting 3 sweaters and a pair of pants (that never really fit very well) at the plus sized store and a skirt and blouse at the regular sized store. But the staff were not very forthcoming that my store credit could be used at either store either. Well, that's enough of that story.

I do like the idea of jewelry or maybe some fun accessories like a scarf or belt! I would try to approach this gift that your MIL's intent was positive.

Last edited by losermom; 01-02-2010 at 09:00 AM.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:07 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7

sometimes they are just clueless. My MIL has good intentions (I know she does) when she buys me clothes for my bday or christmas, except they are always 2 to 3 sizes too big, lol. I always just look at my hubby and ask "how big do I look!" be glad you got a gift card, lol. They are always taken back and I end up getting something for my kids ( I just don't like the clothes at that store anyways). Go buy you some jewelry like you said, that always makes ya feel nice. And laugh at it now, cause girl you gonna get to the size you want to be and never have to shop in plus size again!

Last edited by Josiegrl; 01-04-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Josiegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I think it's crazy to think that anyone should be able to tell what size you are, within 2-3 sizes, just by looking, particularly if you are not both the same height, build, shape and general weight. I mean, really? Don't we get constant feedback on these boards of how impossible it is even for us size conscious persons to do that amongst ourselves?
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote