Old 11-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Weekly Chat - Monday, November 30, 2009 through Sunday, December 6, 2009

Good Afternoon Chicks! I'm on my way out to shop for Christmas. I gained .6 and I think it's real. I feared it would be more.

Back to business today!

Hope you are all well.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for starting us up, Vickie.

We had a rough night here: the younger GS was sick for hours, throwing up everything and more! Poor little tyke. He is tired today, and a little slower than his usual warp speed. They are both down for their naps, and I'm headed in that direction.

He did eat lunch though. We took them to Chick Fil-A and I had the fruit salad with grilled chicken and water. I've also put a pitcher of water on the counter to remind me to drink today.

I took the dog out for a 45 minute walk/stroll this morning and did some abs work last night.

BBL,
Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:45 PM   #3  

...and he threw up lunch!...I think he's OK now...

We are very tired! I think 3 days might be our babysitting limit. I told DH that I had to develop enough of a relationship with his ex that I could take the kids to her if need be

Ah, exended, blended and assorted families!!!

I hope all is well with everyone.

Rhonda
Old 11-30-2009, 10:53 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

Just typed a cute, witty post but lost it due to spasdic fingers.

Rhonda, I'm sorry the little one is sick. I hope ya'll don't catch it. Or do you think this is what you just got over? Congratulations on getting back to exercising and to chugging the water. You get an atta-girl!

Vickie, I'm proud of you for getting back on that wagon. I'm there with you.

So? Where is everyone?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:38 AM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda, I hope everyone recovers at your house soon. Jim and I can only handle about 36 hours and we are done. Must be something to do with the fact that we never had any kids of our own. At least I had Nieces and Nephews around all the time when I was a teenager since they were all only 6 to about 16 years younger than me. We are hoping we don't catch what my Niece's whole family had. She personally had walking pneumonia. I swear that girl was sick for about 3 months. The cough just wouldn't go away.

Sandra, I hate when I lose a post; especially a witty one. I'm glad you're back on the wagon. I know that's where you want to be. Rhonda is an inspiration, isn't she?

Sloan, I know you and your family are going to have a wonderful holiday with your DD back at home safe and sound. Has the Ex moved on?

Where's Paula? Have we lost her again.

Any news from Mary Ann recently? I think of her often and pray for her daily.

I'm going to work on the tree today and my christmas cards when my arms get tired of working on the tree. And....I'm going to drink my water.

What are you all up to on this Tuesday?
Old 12-01-2009, 11:38 AM   #6  

Good morning all:

Now, DH is down with the crud. Sandra, I feel sure that I had food poisoning, not a virus. I'm not really trying to track the illness but the first person who was a little sick was my 5 year old great niece. So we don't know if DH's family had their own virus or if they picked it up here. I think they are a little sicker than my g-niece was, but who knows....

I'm back on track now with the food, no more grazing for me.

I think Maryann said that she would be back after Thanksgiving, so maybe we'll hear from her soon. Paula? Hmmmm, where is she? And then there's Coco and Tech who have been AWOL for a little while.

I'm going to get out some Christmas things while the kids play and DH sleeps. Oh boy, I don't like doing this alone. DH was a big help...more than a "help"..we were doing it together.

Later,
Rhonda
Old 12-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I am sorry so many are catching the bug. They could have gotten it anywhere. Those bugs are crawling/flying all around. Everywhere I go, I see hand sanitizers. Didn't use to be that way.

I hope you don't catch it. You've already been through enough with that food poisoning. Tell DH I hope he gets better quickly. So far, we haven't caught anything--and my hip is better so I'm waiting on my next scheduled appt with my rheumatologist in January.

Vickie, you're right. Rhonda is an inspiration. We're like you and aren't very good keeping little ones over a couple of days.

I weighed this AM and was pleasantly shocked to see I hadn't gained anything over Thanksgiving. So now I'm "off to the races."

Have a great OP day, everyone.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:15 PM   #8  

Glad you didn't gain anything, Sandra. I can say the same.

Now, the older boy is down with it. At least the younger one has quit vomiting and is playing nicely. The older one is just screaming "my tummy hurts" over and over. I've given him the only amount of Kaopectate a child can have, and I don't know what else to do. Plug my ears I guess!!!

DH is in bed, OK I hope...

Rhonda
Old 12-01-2009, 06:17 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Poor Rhonda!

Sandra, congratulations on not gaining.

I exercised today and finished "FLUFFING" my christmas tree. Tomorrow I'll decorate after I got to the nurse to check my BP and my monitor.

I'm STARVING today. Ok not starving but pretty darned hungry. I'm making a cup of tea now to try to tide me over until dinner. I think I'm getting a migraine. Harumph.

7 glasses of water down and 2 to go.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:21 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I hope the bigger little one is better. Same for Doyle. Hang in there. Congratulations on not gaining.

Vickie, keep chugging that water. I need to do more of that myself.

I did well today and am looking forward to making healthy choices again tomorrow. Life is good.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:06 AM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm tired this morning. Maybe my walk on the treadmill in about 45 minutes will perk me up.

I did fabulous until 11:00 last night and then I ate two crackers with laughing cow light cheese on them right before I went to bed. I was starving still and
I'm hungry already now. I should have eaten an apple in the afternoon. Oh well. I'm still trying to get down to their 1500 calories but having a hard time. Talk to you all later.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #12  

Vickie, there are much worse snacks than crackers and cheese!

Everybody is better today, and so far, I'm OK. I'm doing well with the water since I started filling up a jug and leaving it on the counter to drink.

But, are you ready? It's snowing here in Denton!!!! It hadn't even snowed in Toronto by the time I left there. Boy, oh boy. The kids were delighted, went out to play..then came in shortly whining "It's colddddd..."

OK, I admit it....five days with kids who get sick...is more than I bargained for. But, I am counting my blessings that, so far, no one has cracked their heads open on the tile floors, no one has broken anything on the swing set, etc...

BBL,
Rhonda
Old 12-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Rhonda, Sandra and Vickie. I'm still around -- lurking and reading. I need to get back to posting more, it really does help to keep on track.

I've set a short term goal of losing 10 pounds before Christmas. I restarted Phase 1 on South Beach last Friday. Fell hard on my face over Thanksgiving. But the bruises are healing and I'm back on track. I'm really liking SBD -- its so much like core except for no fruit for the first 2 weeks and there are not WPA to allow me to eat things I need to keep away. I do love not eating any processed foods -- its helped curb my cravings. The other difference is for dairy low fat or fat free is allowed. Full fat is not -- low fat is soooooo much better than fat free.

I did make the BEST broccoli soup yesterday that you could call "core". What I did:
sauteed an onion and garlic in olive oil. Chopped up 3 heads of broccoli and add those. Then added in a box of chicken stock and cooked that for about 15 minutes until the broccoli was very soft. Added in one can evaporated skim milk -- used my emersion blender to puree. You could stop there and have core cream of broccoli soup. But I added in 2 T low fat cream cheese and let that melt in. YUM, cheesy goodness. I don't think fat free would have melted as well. I got 6 servings - so for Core the points would be just for 2T divided by 6.

Rhonda, sorry to hear you've all been sick. Hopefully it is all gone. Are you now permantly in Texas? Or are you going back to Canada soon?

Vickie -- how are you feeling? I know there were some issues with your kidney's. I hope things are working out and that you and your doctor have a good plan.

Sandra, hope things are well with you!

Well, off to get some work done. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

We woke up to snow, too, but none was sticking. I remember about this time back in 2000 there was an ice storm. I'm just hoping we don't have one of those now.

Paula, SBD sounds like it will work for you. That makes me smile. Get those bruises healed and lose those 10 lbs. I'm here for you--and know you're here for me, too.

Vickie, your snack doesn't sound like it was very damaging. Just think of the control you have now. You rock, girl!

I'm doing well today. So far I've been making wonderful choices. Life is good.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #15  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I got home yesterday evening from my sisters up in New York state. I could go to my DD this Thanksgiving as they all came down with the Swine Flu. So I'm hoping to go down to her for the Christmas/New Year Holiday instead.

I'm doing fine I have days when I just want to cry,but TG is just lasts for 5 min. Today was a month anniversary of Leo death and I was able to go to the cemetery and put some Christmas decorations on the grave site. Some people would thing I'm wacky talking to my Leo,but it feels good when I do so.

As far as weight is concerned I really blew it. I gained 10 lbs with all the restaurants my sister treated me to.Trying to keep away from bread & sugary carbs. The latter my sister served pumpkin & apple pies every night with ice cream,and the bad thing is she wouldn't take NO for an answer.

VICKIE-Thanks for your daily prayers,They must be working as I'm really fine,lonely at some times but then I start talking to him. I'm not in denial anymore, reality is setting in. You did better than me,I'm back in the 170's again.

RHONDA-Sorry your family came do with a virus.That's not good especially around the holidays.I was good on Thanksgiving it was the days before and after that got me in trouble. I couldn't resist restaurant foods. I had a hard time getting in to the 3 chicks while using my sisters computer.

PAULA-I started to Look into the South Beach also,No carbs this week hope to lose the 10 from TG as I don't want to double that amount by Christmas. Hopefully the two of us will succeed.

SANDRA-Snow in Texas????????? Isn't that rare??????

Hungry going to start my supper. Have a great evening.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote