Old 12-07-2009, 12:53 PM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Core Chat Thread for Monday, December 7, 2009 through Sunday, December 13, 2009

Good Morning Chicks! I'm grumpy....and NOT one of the 7 Dwarfs!

I only lost .4 despite 6 days straight of exercise and 1600 calories a day. Oh well. All I can do is keep trying.

I hope you are all well. I have a million errands to run, including seeing the alterations lady!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:48 PM   #2  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I'm grumpy, too, but it's because I've been off program. Ya'll are right. I'm happier when I'm op.

Vickie, .4 is better than a gain, but I know you've worked hard and are deserving a better loss. I am proud of you for staying focused.

Maryann, congratulations to you on your 5 lb loss. That is impressive. I keep yo-yo'ing because of popping on and off program. I'm still down 10 pounds from August, but I have a long way to go.

We spread some holiday cheer to our neighbors today. Tomorrow, Thurs., and Fri I'm subbing. I need to work harder at being op every day. Other than that--life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Vickie: you've lost over 40 pounds...just keep going, even though the rewards on the scale are slow to come.

I'm back in Toronto and tired. But, I go back to my weight training class tomorrow in the morning, and I've missed it. I didn't do nearly enough exercise while I was in Texas, but cleaning up after sick kids ought to count for something other than sainthood!

Talk to you tomorrow.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:13 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Awwww Sandra, you and Rhonda make me feel so good! I will keep at it because my health depends upon it. Something has to give sooner or later, right?

Mary Ann, congratulations on the loss. I wish my body would give up the fight!

Gotta go eat and get on the treadmill. I'll be back.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #5  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had to go to church this morning for The Immaculate Conception,after I want to Walmarts to buy a few items,and than home to start my dinner.

This afternoon I have to go to our insurance company and discuss what options I have to up my home owner policy. Leo had our deductions at $250,I think its too low and want to rise it up to $500 or $1000. If it now too expensive will go for the latter.

Thanks Ladies for your congrats. Hope I will be out of the 170's again and stay out. I guess I just have to watch what I eat and also watch the portion sizes will be the keys to open the lock to weight loss.

VICKIEThanks for starting us up,Congrats on your .4 a loss is a loss. That what I usually lose.

SANDRA-Thanks for the congrats I think it had to do with all the eating out when I was at my sisters. Now that I'm in a controlled environment [my home] I did manage to loss I hope that I will be out of the 170's again.

RHONDA-I can imagine you being tire going back and forth to Texas. Hope you will find deserved rest.

Have to go,will be back tomorrow.

Hugs Maryann
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #6  

I went to exercise (weights) this morning and found some of them harder to do than before. It might have to do with fatigue and getting BOTH 'flu shots yesterday.

I've had too many calories today, I think so I'm going to have only yogurt for dinner. I had a cabbage roll for lunch and it seemed so heavy to me. Oh well, I could have made much worse choices.

Maryann and Vickie, just keep on keeping on, as we all have to do. That's what we're here for. A steady 1/2 pound loss a week will get 25 pounds off in a year. That's nothing to sneeze at!

It is cold here in Toronto now. We have a tiny bit of snow, with more in the forecast. But, we set a record...the last time we didn't have any snow until December was in the mid-1800's. Our November was very mild. Last night the streets and sidewalks were slippery. I'm not going to miss that one little bit.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Rhonda
Old 12-08-2009, 06:22 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I love your attitude. Yep, those scales are going to cooperate soon. Just keep on keepin' on.

Maryann, wish I was in the 170's. Guess I should try working more than wishing.

Rhonda, you had to be weak after all your body's been through with food poisoning and exhaustion from working on your sainthood. I'm proud of you for being true to your exercise.

I subbed 4th grade today and had a good experience. The kids are adorable. Now I'm home with my feet up.

Oh, yes, I'm op.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks, it's DREARY here in Nashville, TN It has been pouring all day!!! It's cold, but not cold enough to snow. I've been hanging around program today, not strict but not far off either. We had the "goodie" buffet today, and I had only one bite of a couple of things. All in all, I did much better than I have in years past.

Rhonda, I know you will be so happy to be in Texas permanently. I wonder if you will miss the winter weather eventually? When I was younger, we had some pretty good snows in Jan and Feb, but in the last few years we have not had much. I find that I miss them! Weird, huh?

Sandra, on program and off program is the story of my life! Just try to have more days on than days off and you'll be fine. I am focusing on maintaining until January, and then I will set better goals.

Maryann, congrats on the five pounds. I hate working on business stuff. I'm sorry that you are having to go through that! Hang in there.

Vickie, you are gonna be okay, because you are focused and have some pretty important reasons to be successful. If you keep at it, things will start to move.

I've got to get busy with school work. Only 8 more school days left!!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #9  

I've been looking at the weather maps, Sloanie. I can see that you're getting soaked. Poor Vickie, are you snowed in yet?

No, Sloan, I'm not going to miss the snow and cold weather very much at all. If I do, I'll just fly up, or go see my nephew in Colorado! I love the way snow looks when it first falls, and how it drapes on trees, and mounds up on the ground. But, I can do without it, I'm pretty sure.

I had soup, not yogurt, for dinner. I needed something warm.

My roomie and I are going to spinning class at 6:30AM tomorrow, or at least that's the plan!

Rhonda
Old 12-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Sounds like a good plan. Curtis and I are going to take a walk at Hulen Park (old swimming pool park in Cleburne) tomorrow.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #11  

Ah, Sandra, Hulen Park. I remember it well.

So, Sloanie...here's the real deal on snow today: it is sopping wet, cold and heavy. My boots leak, and it's time to leave!

I went to spinning class and my feet were wet and frozen by the time I got there. I am not buying new boots for the week. My roomate is going to loan me her "wellies" (Wellington) boots so I can stay dry. They won't be warm, but I can stand it.

BBL, stay OP!

Rhonda
Old 12-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm a bit crazy this morning but should be able to come back later and catch up.

It's snowing and blowing......in the Windy City by the Lake.....but so far the worst of it has gone north of us. The benefits of being a south side girl!

Gotta get on the treadmill. I'll be back.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #13  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Weather this morning was bad lots of rain and wind up to 60MPH.Lots of garage cans were blowing in the wind and one of the neighbors doesn't use garbage bags and her cover came off and all of her garbage is in everyone lawn.From tuna fish cans to dirty disposable diapers. Hope she clean up the mess in our yard. Had a busy morning went out to the bank and I was drenched had to change my my socks & shoes.

Now I'm doing my Laundry,and cleaning up the mess that I collected in the loft.

RHONDA-I have to exercise again,by getting on my bike and do some spinning.Can't believe the sun is trying to come out but it too late to go out and do some walking,but than again I did walk up and down the stair case for a while so I'm going to count that as exercising.

SANDRA-I was under the 170's but being away from a controlled environment go me back up again,hope that's not the case when I go down to my DD this Christmas holiday.

SLOAN-Thanks for the congrats.I went to the insurance agent and she told me that since I live in a condo type house I only have to worry about the inside of my house as the condo will pay of any damage to the outside of the house[including window's, doors, roofs etc] Called the president of the association and she going though the same thing as I am and will let me know what the Master Policy will cover. Don't like doing business stuff either but I have to now that Leo's gone.

VICKIE-Lucky we don't have snow ,but it very windy now,hopefully we will have better weather tomorrow as I like to get my Christmas gift shopping done.

Have a great afternoon must get my laundry in the dryer.

Last edited by beach bum; 12-09-2009 at 03:49 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #14  

Well, Maryann, even though you don't want to do those chores, it sounds like you're on top of them. It's difficult to have to pick up all the pieces.

The snow slowed down today but it seems to be picking up again. I'm at home reading a student paper and trying not to snack. DRINK WATER!

My arms are sooooo sore from the shots and yesterday's weight lifting. OUCH.

I hope you're all having a good night.

Rhonda
Old 12-09-2009, 09:18 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

Looks like winter weather all around. We're in the 20's here tonight.

I am op. I'm exercising and making good eating choices. I have even drunk quite a bit of water, but prob not enough. I'm feeling more in control.

Maryann, did your neighbor pick up her trash? I understand your not being happy about being back in the 170's. That makes me think of how unhappy I was when I regained back to the 170's. Now I'd be happy to be back there. Guess it's a totally different feeling going up than going down.

Vickie, stay warm.

You, too, Rhonda. We'll try to get Texas to warm up before you get here.