Old 11-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #1  
Susan

Default Thursday Chatters for November

Hi,

At one time or another we either weighed in on Thursday or thought about weighing in on Thursday. We are a very supportive group! We would love for you to join us!

Can you believe .... I remembered to start the new thread???
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:12 PM   #2  

Susan, I am so proud of you for remembering to start us off for November! Thank you very much!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #3  
Susan

Ok....... can't believe that November is here!!!

Daddy is doing pretty well! Pat is doing good. The band played last night, I stayed home. I ended up with a migraine so I'm glad I did. My foot is great! Glad I had the surgery!

Now get this, I had a workshop after school on Wed. On the way home, Pat calls to say he is going to the ER with MY dog! The 2 females got into a fight. He wanted me to check Lilah out when I got home. I walked into the barn and there was blood every where!!! It looked like a crime scene. I just knew he was going to call and say Baby didn't make it. He finally called as I was cleaning and said she was really torn up (I could see that) and she would stay the night. The vet called and said she was all sewen up and had lost a ot of blood. Pat picked her the next morning to stay at our vets during the day and for more IV fluids. She has a bunch of stitches on top of her head both sides of her mouth, and on both front legs in several places. The other dog (Lilah) was covered in blood but on had minor injuries. Right now, Baby is living in our spare bathroom with serves as a pet infirmary. She comes out when we are home and is currently laying next to me on the floor. She was restless so I sat on the floor and she laid right down. She barks when she needs to go out. She has never been an inside dog. We got her at 6 months old when she showed up. Poor thing, I feel so bad for her!!!

Maureen, how exciting about your new place!

Tina, I had a good cry when my folks moved from the house I grew up in, plus when we moved out of the apartment. Now go figure! Too bad that closing was moved back a week!

Tammy, what's new in your neck of the woods?

Off to do lesson plans. I've put it off as long as possible.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #4  

Sorry I have been MIA but will try very hard to check in every day. I actually got out and walked this afternoon (about 2K or 1 mile). As long as its not slippery or pouring rain I'm going to try keeping it up.
Thanks for starting the new thread Susan, hope your dog is feeling better soon, but will you have to keep the two dogs separated now?
Tina the first few days I really missed the house and sometimes I hate being in the apartment but I feel so much better now that all those horrible credit cards are paid off, and I have a good cushion that hopefully will last until I retire. Then I can get a guaranteed income from the government.
Maureen, congratulations on the condo. Ultimately that is what I would like to do too. I have to see, maybe I will be moving out west and buy there. I don't know if I told everyone but my younger son Dan is a nurse in Fort McMurray now (thats way up north for you southern gals).
Hey I tried that WW recipe with the stuffing mix before and it was really good, thanks for posting it Tina. Just watch the size of the chicken breasts. I bought some on sale the other day (skinless but with bone for $1.99 a pound) when I came home and weighed them there were a few that were 14 ounces even without the bone I bet they are 10 a piece, WHEW!!
Mimi4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:04 PM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Happy November!
Susan, thanks so much for starting us off. I hope everyone will find us here.
Susan, I'm sorry about your dog. I hope you keep it inside. Take care of those migranes.
Tammy, are you ready to go back to FL? When do you go to Jekyl Island?

Mimi, good for you for walking. Glad you told me about those chicken breasts, too. I'll have to watch that.

Jeanne, how are you doing? Are you staying away from those donuts?
Dori, let us hear from you.

Maureen, what colors are you painting your condo?

Our realtor said she would call us tomorrow about the closing date. We'll see. I'll believe it when I acutally get to the closing.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good evening
Susan, sorry about your dogs-hope they're okay. I know you had surgery on your foot-what was it for? I have hammer toes & I've been wondering about getting something done about them but kind of scared.

Tina-my brother in law will put laminate flooring in for me before I move in(if the inspection is okay) and I think I'll opt for browns/beige tones-not sure-
Mimi-I just moved back east(almost a year now will be in december) from alberta(edmonton) are you sure you'd want to live in Fort Mac? It's pretty expensive there for rents etc-My 3 three sons still live out there 2 in edmonton and 1 in calgary. I'm still debating whether I'm going to go out west for Christmas-I have to make up my mind soon-it's almost here.-I'll know by the end of the week(probably thursday) if everything is okay with the condo-I'm excited.

well let's hope we manage to stay fairly close to program tomorrow

talk to you all soon

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:57 PM   #7  

Susan, glad to hear about your dad and Pat, but so sorry about the dog issue! Have the 2 dogs ever had problems before? What's new with me? The new session starts tomorrow at the Y, so I'm back at it. It's the same as last session (aerobics 9:00 on M-W-F, zumba 7:00 pm T-Th) except that I'm adding a zumba class on Tuesday morning and a cycling class on Wednesday morning. Both of those classes are more beginner type, but I wanted to do them in case I can't get to my night classes on T-Th.

Mimi, good for you for getting out and walking. I don't blame you for not doing it when it's raining. Getting bills paid down is always a wonderful feeling.

Tina, I leave on Dec. 26 for Vero Beach, FL. I'll be there a few days, then I'll head to Jekyll Island for a week. From there I go to Hilton Head. Not sure if I'm coming straight home after that, or if I want to go on another adventure. Let us know when you hear from the realtor. Hope it's tomorrow.

Maureen, it's always fun making decisions on how you will decorate a new place. You'll have to keep us updated on the progress. I agree about trying to all stay on program!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:40 AM   #8  

Bummed. I was the only one signed up for the Zumba class this morning. They have to have 5 to have the class. So much for that. I guess I can sleep late on Tuesdays now.

I miss the zumba class tonight and Thursday night. Tonight I have an Emmaus Board meeting. Thursday night the Emmaus Walk weekend starts. I'm on the team again, so I won't be on here all weekend. I always enjoy these weekends even though I end up exhausted.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #9  

Well it looks like my body decided to hang onto its fat this week (it couldn't have been those treats I gobbled up Sat night). No weight loss for this week. Well we all have been at it long enough to know that next week will be better. I have been getting out and walking so maybe its muscle RIGHT??????
Tammy what is Zumba?
Of to the vets with Eddie this afternoon. I am sure the assistants will come in to the room with their armour on after last time. Wish me luck.!!!!
Mimi4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:25 AM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Bummed--
Tammy, I'm sorry about the Zumba class. Think of it this way, you won't get so sore in the morninings!
We are also "bummed" because the lender is dragging their feet on our closing. Not one but TWO underwriters have to sign off on the loan. Grr...
Supposedly, she would finish last night and sign off. Surely we will get this thing sold this week.

Everyone have a great OP day!

Old 11-03-2009, 09:28 AM   #11  
Thursday Lady

Mimi, We were writing at the same time.
How old is Eddie now? I think you had just gotten him the last time you were online.
I do believe that muscle plays a large (he..he..) part in not losing.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #12  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
I just started our November weigh-in results thread.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #13  

Mimi, had to laugh about eating the treats on Sat. night. That'll do it I guess.
Zumba is a Latin Music dance class. It is so much fun! I agree about the muscle!!

Tina, true about not getting sore. I'll also get my $ back or apply it to a class next session. Do you need me to come down there and get those people on the ball? I'd do that you know!
Old 11-03-2009, 11:31 PM   #14  
Susan

Bummed here too!! No loss either! Plus have had a headache for about 10 days. It on and off. I went to our school nurse ans said I had a low grade fever! Hmmmmm, I took a decongestant when I got home.darn head feels a little better. I did nothing tonight. I go next week for my yearly checkup so I'll mention the headaches then. I thinkits the weather!

Mimi, good job walking!

Tammy, bummer about zumba. I would do it with you and we could laugh the whole way through it!

Tina, need us to come speed things up? You know we will!

I need to lose about 30 pounds by next Thursday! Any ideas???
Old 11-04-2009, 06:33 PM   #15  

Susan, after I fell at Disney, I had a headache for several days. It went away as soon as the chiropractor worked on me. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

I wish we could all do Zumba together! We would have a blast!!

30 pounds by next Thursday? I'm sure there is something you could cut off that would help. I am always thinking about doing that.

Today was the first cycling class for the session at the Y. It was titled Senior Cycling. OMG! I don't know of any senior (or very few) who could have done that class. There was one other woman in the class, she is 65 I think, and she didn't really do what the instructor was telling us. Her heart rate got up to 120 as her highest. Mine was up to 180! Yikes! I was beat afterwards, and it is only a 30 minute class!

I told the instructor that I think it should be advertised as a beginning cycling class because there are plenty of younger people who could benefit from this class instead of going right into the super intense one.

I had finished my aerobics class 30 minutes before this one started, so I was tired from that, but my goodness! I also know that I want to get a cushy seat cover to use next week. VERY SORE!

I didn't go to my First Place class tonight. Thought it was silly to drive that far, get weighed, and turn around and come home. Tonight is set-up for the Emmaus Walk, so I've been running around here like a goof. Tim is here, and he told me to SIT DOWN! He was very forceful, so here I am. He said that I was acting like I had never been on an Emmaus Team before. lol I think this is 8th or 9th.

Well, I think I'll play some games for a while!