Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 04:29 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Katt, I'm so jealous of you getting Angel dvds, I loved the series but missed the last one as it wasn't advertised on tv AND was put on very late at night, so I never found out what happened to his baby & the rest of the team. Hope you mean this Angel- from Buffy? lol Good luck with the interview.xxxx
Zelma, I don't think Ammi would like ANOTHER daughter, the two she has are enough I think, lol. I too, dream in colour, very vividly, & thought everyone did. It would be lovely if eveyone could meet, say central US, but we would need a few weeks to gossip & chat to eveyone, lol. Though if you ever fancy a trip to the Derbyshire Dales & Nottingham Castle (both very close in a car) you're both welcome to stay, we have a spare room with it's own bathroom.xxxx
Quiggs Hi! Have you thought of trying exercise dvds at home or a different gym? If the food is expensive on your diet try another one or modify it where possible, vegetables are pretty cheap & low calorie and this time of year it's great & cheap to make soups, batch cook & then freeze them in potions. Good luck & stay in touch.xxxx
Lori, I know how you feel, I try to keep sweets out of the house whenever possible or just buy the boys something they can eat in one go, rather than big bags of chocolate. I can resist, but on those occasions I can't, well I eat minlessly too! Try not to feel guilty & kep active.xxxx
Raven, sorry about your step-dad, he sounds rather silly, maybe he hasn't been round a lot of girls, so often I've sat with friends swearing off guys, at least for a week or two, lol. Have you thought of putting on your blog a message for your step-dad? He might pay more attention than you telling him, lol.xxxxx
Val, sorry you felt so upset, have you thought that being so tired is affecting your mood? You ARE strong & special, never forget that.xxxx
I hope I got everyone's names & messages right, lol.
ANNIE, BIG HUGS & BEST WISHES for a sucessful op & fast recovery.XXXXXX
Well the scales are going down at last, but I'm still 4-5lbs HIGHER than my ticker, sob. If it's still higher on Saturday, weigh in day, I'll have to alter it. I feel fed up again, but realise I'm alive, well & have family around who love me & great online friends, so really I'm blessed.
Great to know you all.
xxxsharon
Old 11-08-2006, 05:48 AM   #17  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Good Morning Ladies. I wanted to say a quick hi, before im off to work.Hope everyone that is awake is having a good day.
Xena: I'm sorry your boss is such a jerk. I have a similar situation. I have a part time job with a doctor, who weighs at least 50lbs more than I,and is shorter than me. He takes great delight in always "reminding" me that I'm "big", "not skinny" etc. He seriously thinks he is being funny by joking, but its very hurtful at times. I am the type of person that would NEVER be that inconsiderate to say something like that to anyone. I have let him know i dont appreciate it, but he just doesnt "get it". I wonder why people think that critisizing overwt people is socially acceptable?
Mechelle: It was cool going into the Gap and not just buying some socks, lol. I would love to be able to shop at Bananna Republic, but their clothes only go to size 14, and trust me, its a very SMALL size 14! Maybe someday
NightKatt: A seven layer bar is like a square cookie with coconut, chocolate chips, nuts, and other really fattening things. It was so good, but not something i can eat on a regular basis.
Lavandel: Thanks for the recipe, i will have to try it out when i have time to enjoy it.
Kayley: Again, i know where you are coming from. I cannot accept compliments well either, i guess it stems from my self esteem "issues"
Well, im off to work. I hope everyone has a wonderful day
Old 11-08-2006, 05:54 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Just a quick post this morning. I'm working on about 3 hours of sleep. Bah. Andrew's in the shower, so I was checking my e-mail, and thought I'd say HI! Then, it's off to home, where I'm going to try and get a couple more hours of sleep, and then off to work, then class. Joy joy joy. :P

Katt - I'll definately try and take those pics this weekend! Good luck on the job interview!!!

Lavendal - Thanks!
Old 11-08-2006, 06:28 AM   #19  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

ho hum...done with my workout for the morning. Perhaps some time to catch up on some personals:

On the "making fun" topic--I have been overweight since about age 4 and was well over 200 pounds before even entering high school. Other kids made fun of me all the time. Add to that the fact that I was more often than not "teacher's pet" and always had incredibly high grades, and I only further ostricized myself from my peers. Now add a few years of braces, glasses since 3rd grade, and being a choir/drama geek, and I really was the total package--for people to pick on I grew up in a small town. There were 2 other girls who were about my size, if not a little bigger. By about 6th grade, I could see drastic differences in our development. One of the other fat girls would get all upset and cry every time she even suspected someone was talking about her. The other girl got mean and threw curses and insults right back at the offenders. I noticed that neither of these seemed to help the situation at all (yeah, I was quite the perceptive and insightful 11-year-old...in fact, it was that year that one of my teachers told my parents I was "too mature," and my group of teachers suggested sending me off to a private school ). So, I took a different route...I acted as normal as I possibly could. when people made fun of me, I just shook my head, rolled my eyes, laughed with (at) them, and moved on. Eventually, people realized they couldn't get any kind of rise out of me, and by high school, I actually became quite popular. It was insanely difficult at the time--I would easily say that middle school (grades 6-8) were the absolute worst years of my life--but in the end, I think I'm a stronger person for it...all of us here are

Misti--At least you were able to find out what happened to that man in the accident. Around here, major accidents are so frequent that you rarely hear the outcome...all you hear about is how badly it held up traffic (which around here is bad enough without any accidents--can take me over an hour to drive the 14 miles home from my office at times).

Melissa--good luck on the lottery I am in the US, but I have no idea how high our jackpots get because I don't ever play. I've watched family members throw away money for years on tickets and never win a dime

Quiggs--since when is dieting motivation not on topic? It's something I struggle with on a daily basis as well. Especially now...I recently started exercising and have been doing so regularly for almost 4 weeks now and have actually GAINED weight. I know it's because my food has not been 100% on target, but it's so frustrating that I actually binged yesterday. How's that for motivation: frustrated from not losing weight, so I eat MORE junk food In any case, I've found (and Heather/wyllenn will likely repeat this message soon) that it's not a matter of motivation; it's a matter of DOING it. Make it into something like showering or brushing your teeth--who cares if you WANT to do it? Who cares if you FEEL like doing it? Just do it because you know you MUST. heh, this is what gets me up at 4:15am to exercise every weekday

Xena--wow, thanks for the FSA tip! I never put money into one for fear that I won't use it and will therefore lose it at the end of the year. I wonder if it would work likewise for a gym membership...I may have to do some research!

futurediva--feeling "normal" is definitely at the top of my list, too! Having been overweight my whole life, I've always had to shop in a separate department (or store) from my friends growing up, and I, too, long to walk into a store that doesn't sell plus sizes and not feel as if the workers are rolling their eyes at me.

katt--good luck on your interview!!

lavandel--from my understanding, excess skin can sometimes be a problem, especially in those hard-to-tone places. You never know, though, because everyone is so different. Some have been blessed with genetically elastic skin and never have problems with loose skin ANYWHERE, even after loosing lots of weight. Others can lose 20 pounds and have loose skin everywhere. Losing slowly and continuing to exercise are really your best bets--everything else is up to your DNA

Sharon--stupid scales...but we just gotta keep chugging along, right? I mean, the alternative would be to wind up even higher than when we started, so focus on your success so far and try to keep positive!

Well, I am in slightly better spirits today. Things seem to be sorted out with the insurance companies, and I'll be getting my car fixed next week. I spent last night making a big cookie pizza to bring to work today to get the junk out of my house. I went to the mall on my lunch break yesterday and got my hair cut, and I really like it.

Oh, and I posted a few photos on our picture thread--no show-stoppers; just some random stuff.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:05 AM   #20  
My Baby

S/C/G: 320/291/125

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Good Morning!!!! I had a bad night. I woke up 2:00 this morning had to go to the bathroom and what do I do??? Get into the fridge and get the apple pie (at least its sugar free) and eat a great big piece with whipped cream. Not good. I did everything else right yeaterday. Got my 70 0z of water in and ate what I was suppose to and exercised. Today is working out good except exercise. I only made it 10 min's. For some odd reason the more I lose weight the more my left knee hurts. Go figure. Its hurting bad today.
Katt: Core Secrets is working out with a bailie(i think I spelled it right) ball. I was scared that I would fall off or burst the stinking thing when I first sat on it. I was right. I did not burst it but I feel off and declared it evil. I got back on though.
Wezi: I have the give me 20, accelarated and another one that I can't think of. I like them. He is very moviated.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:12 AM   #21  
ready to lose

S/C/G: 290/285/150

Height: 5'8"

So Ive given all your comments a thought about the situation with my step-dad and Im just going to ignore it at the moment. I need to focus on myself for a while. Im not going to fail again to be healthy. And this will just slow me down. I didnt exercise yesterday even though I intended to. My family had company over for dinner and it was kind of hectic because they had kids over too...
I plan on getting some sleep today and then working out for a hour to relieve some stress. And hopefully lose some weight too!

Kayley- Im waiting for that week where i lose some weight and the scales lets me know that! lol....Thanks for the support and encouragement.

Andie- I guess parents have to be that way. Im just not happy here at the moment but Im working on that. It will just take some time. Thanks for the support.

Melissa- I just wanted to say Good Luck on the LOTTO!!

Xena- Your welcome for the bellydancing information. After I lose some weight I will be showing off my sexy cool moves. LOL Im from a small town named Milford. Its is about 12 miles from Hillsboro and about 30 miles from Waxahachie. I miss it down there so much.... How is the weather right now? Better than 21 degrees and wind blowing so hard to knock ya down....Well ttyl..

Kymberly- Thanks for the support. I only have 1 yr and 9 mths left here so i should be happy to be counting down the days.

Michelle- I know I will lose it sooner or later. Hopefully sooner...LOL.

Katt- Your right about just letting it go. It will just make things worse if I confront him about it. Im not going to let this set me back because Im doing this for me and I want to succeed. So how are you doing lately?

Okay everyone I have to set up breakfast this morning so I will be back later to post more.

~*~ Raven~*~
Old 11-08-2006, 09:32 AM   #22  

Talking

Morning Chickies!

I thought I'd try to do a few replies today...I have a remarkably light work day...so I need to try to play catch up...but it gives me a few minutes I don't normally have! I won't get everyone...sorry!

Kayley – You are right that Andrew doesn't mean anything negative about your "soft and squishy" parts- but I understand the self-consciousness. After seven years of marriage I still don't like my DH touching my stomach and I DON'T run around naked. I'm still hoping that'll get better.

Sandy – I'm glad you didn't take offense to my suggestion, I was a little worried after I said it. It's so easy sometimes to feel slighted for a certain reason, when in fact the people are just donkey-butts!

Quiggs - There are a number of younger chicks here! I'm sure you'll find plenty of motivation. I'm sorry your dad is being difficult. I think that people don't understand that criticism is NOT helpful! I think you are going to have to just be blunt with him and tell him that all he does is hurt you when he says things like that and if he wants to help he can by doing other things, like keeping healthy snacks around, doing something active with you…maybe paying for Weight Watchers or some other program???

Rayne: LOVE your avatar!

Xena – I'm APPALLED that your boss would be so non PC! That would land someone here in sensitivity training! (Maybe you could start calling him Bald Boss or something?) Just kidding there, but seriously, that was really inappropriate!

Kymberly – Great NSV! I also long to go into the stores that don't carry over a 16 and buy something! But I'm suspecting my child-birth'n hips may cause a delay there! You should point out to your Dr that you've lost 113 lbs…or has he not noticed?!? These stories of employers doing that really upsets me.

The worst thing I ever had an employer do is offer to pay for my WW fees if I wanted to go back after I'd quit because I just couldn't afford it. Now THAT was a good boss!

Misti – All I can give you is and I applaud your efforts to stay OP through this plateau. You have all my admiration!

Katt – Good luck on that job interview!

Lavendel – We have a local spa that has chocolate treatments! Chocolate massages, masques, facials, manicures…I've never done it because I think it'd make me hungry!

Jilly – Wish I'd have been like you in school. I was one of the crying fat girls! (I had the misfortune of being a fat little girl named Alice at the time the Fat Albert cartoon was popular….Hey, Hey, Hey!) My DS is just the same…getting mad when made fun of. He isn't fat at all...but there's always something to make fun of. I try all the time to get him to see that if he lets it bother him or shows that it bothers him they won't stop. You know, I really don't like children in general…they are so cruel!

Well, I guess that's it for now...sorry to those I missed. I do try to read and play catch-up with the posts I miss...but it's hard...you girls type like the wind! Big to you all and have a T-riffic OP day!
Old 11-08-2006, 09:49 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Ladies, I am OFF to work! I'll try and pop in a bit later, if I can...if not at work, then at school. I have a lot of work to catch up on, since I'm at my other position today, and that supervisor is out for 10 more days due to a gall bladder surgery! Have a GREAT day!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:07 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I just cant’ keep up. A few personals…

Valerie – OH YOU ROCK ON !!!!!! I am in awe of the job you are trying to do. Honest to goodness, that is inspirational! Thank you for that!

And I’m glad that you’re seeing a result on the scale – and don’t worry about the pumpkin pie, as you said you had them take the 2nd back!! Maybe on a day you don’t work 17 hours you can be stronger, but honestly, you can’t expect perfection. No such beast.

Annie – I hope you’re okay following surgery!!!

Lori – Don’t beat yourself up for the unwanted snack. Can you figure out WHY you did it? I find that reflection is helping me learn my triggers! See it as a learning opportunity.

Michelle – You told Quiggs exactly what I would have said!! WOOHOO!!!!

Quiggs --- Welcome – what Michelle said!

Lavandel – The skin on my inner thighs is right now one of my worst spots, but I’m waiting to make judgment until I’m a little further along this journey. Overall, I’m looking a lot better than I used to, so I use that to ease my mind.

Regarding others’ perceptions of us… I never truly made fun of myself, but I started to try to “own” the term obese. I don’t LIKE the word, but I figured if I acknowledged it to others that it might take some of the sting out of it. I honestly don’t know if that worked, but I can say that leaving the weight behind has done more to take out the sting!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:16 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 330/325/165

Height: 5'9"

Talking

Good morning all, and thanks for the great welcome!

All I have to say, is today is the first day I actually feel good after excercising! It was 6:15 when I left the gym (30 minutes stationary bike at level 7 (10.25 miles), and 25 minutes treadmill) and I felt pretty good. My left foot which has bothered me a bit lately, seems to be okay.

Now I have a full day at work, then come home and do WATP. My DH is actually doing WATP with me - what a support he is.

I weighed in this morning, to my surprise 5, count 'em, 5 pounds!!!

My concern is I travel so much on business, so can I ensure that I a) eat right, b) workout in the hotel fitness centers and c) don't get discouraged not being able to weight in 1x weekly. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Separately, has anyone thought about Thanksgiving and what to do to minimize weight gain? I am hosting a group of 20, and of course, have to sample the cooking to make sure it tastes ok, however I want to avoid excess gain (of course cutting out desserts).

Talk to you all soon - and GOOD MORNING!
Old 11-08-2006, 10:57 AM   #26  

Hey everyone-

KATT~If you like dark you would love it here only in the winter! Because in the summer its 24 daylight! Good luck on your job interview!! Hope you get it!

Lavandel~Yay on moving ticker! You are doing so great! And that bath sounds wonderful! I would proably fall asleep in it!

Sharon~Congrats on the scale going down. Sorry you are feeling fed up. But like you said you are so blessed. Hope you see more losses soon! Hang in there!

Kymberly~I don't know if I will ever be able to fit into stuff from bananna republic!!! But fitting in stuff from the Gap would be great! Just being out of plus size stores in general would be great!

Kayley~3 hours of sleep! Hope you get more sleep tonight! Good luck at work!

JILL~Glad you will get your car fixed next week! Great idea for getting the junk out of the house! Great pics! I love peguins!

Crittle~Sorry you had a bad night. I have done that...it all goes back to mindless eating for me. I will literally find myself reaching for junk..and I have to stop and be like what am I doing?! Sorry your knee is hurting. Did you already have an injury before? I hurt my knee a while back...and every now and then it will really start hurting again.

Raven~Glad you are feeling better. Working out is so good for relieving stress! If only I could remember that every time I get stressed out!

Lilion~ Have a great day at work!

Wyllenn~Thanks! I really appreciate all of your advise. And when you told me that it really clicked. If I wait around for motivation to come...I will proably be wating forever with an extra 50 pounds!

Seattlegrrl~Sounds like you are doing awesome with exercise! And that is wonderful your DH is working out with you! Congrats on losing the 5 pounds!

Well not much going on here. Besides the doctor anxiety I am really looking forward to going to Anchorage! I can actually go to a walmart or mall! And see mountains and trees! Oh and food options...like Subway!

You know everyone has been talking about being picked on in school and just rude people in general. You know I really started to develop social anxiety due to my weight. But I realized its mostly just me. Right now I weigh 326 and I am working on it. So if someone wants to be nasty to me...its there problem! I do get the *looks*. But I can't let insecure people bring me down. If someone has to go out of there way to be nasty to me...what is wrong with them? There life must be really pathetic. At times I do let it bring me down but I try really hard to just keep moving forward and just living! And the other thing I noticed...when I would go out I usually was the biggest person. But now I look around and there are a LOT of overweight people. Its sort of sad. Ok now I am just rambling on!

Hope you all have a great day! Hang in there and stay OP!
Old 11-08-2006, 11:12 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 305/247/<200

Height: 5'9"

I don't have time to respond to everyone I want to write to.. perhaps tonight.. but Melissa, I have big calves/ankles myself. When I was working with a trainer, she suggested that I not do calf raises, etc... -- focus on losing fat overall and that would be the best way to reduce my calf size.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:30 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 298/290/200

Height: 5'8

good news, good news!! i was still disappointed with the candy incident of '06 (sorry, too many political ads lately!), so decided to step on the scale after the gym today. i lost another pound! i'm sure it was water, or something, but who cares! i lost another pound! now, we'll see if i can keep it off until next weigh in!

just some quick personals:

xena--i was so shocked when i read what your boss said. i told my husband and he was even like "woah....that's rude!" sometimes i think guys can just be insensitive, but that was outrageous! i'm glad you said something back and didn't just laugh it off (which i probably would have done). i don't know why people talk like that when you're overweight. i guess their parents didn't teach them very good manners!

quiggs--WELCOME!!

seattlegrrl--this is my thanksgiving solution--we're having about 12 or so at our house and i taste when i cook too, so the day before and the day after are workout like a maniac days and thanksgiving is a just have fun and enjoy my family day. i'm not going to freak out about the food. i'll eat and have a good time-basically, i'm giving myself permission to have a free day with no calorie counting or food diaries or obsessions. it might not be the best solution, but i want to enjoy it, not stress about it.

anyway--gotta run! have a great rest of the day! lori
Old 11-08-2006, 12:33 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default Catching up on Thread 1050

Hello All,

Well I didn’t get chance to write yesterday and boy oh boy am I way behind on the posts now. I shall do my best to catch up. First my news, I made it through day two back OP and with no urge to eat anything I shouldn’t! This is kind of like when I first started my diet. I was so worried about staying on track that I had to take it a day at a time. It worked for me back in May, and it seems to be working for me again now

Missy - I have to admit that I have never measured my calves. I don’t know their measurements but I do know that it’s been years since I have been able to wear knee length boots. I used to love them when I was younger. Since putting weight on and knowing they won’t go anywhere near me I don’t even look at them in the shops anymore. I think it’s a great idea to make it a reward of yours to buy some, and I am sure they will look great on.

Great news about your weight loss, the FFM is definitely making her rounds this week

Good luck with the lottery ticket you bought, it would certainly be amazing to win that kind of money!

Sandy - yes, you are very right that it helps a lot to take staying OP one day at a time. I know on weeks like this if I focus too much on anything more than one day it all gets very daunting. It’s now Wednesday, 3 days into being back on track and all is well

I am thrilled for you that your SD has decided to put her wedding back a bit. It makes a lot more sense to allow everybody involved some breathing space to get everything done. AND it gives you more time to lose weight so you can feel happier with how you look in the photos!

I am so sorry about the way you and your husband were treated at Red Lobster. If I were you I would write to the head office of the place and make an official complaint. I am sure that the head honchos won’t be pleased to hear of staff, and especially the manager of one of their restaurants treating customers so badly.

Colleen - it IS hard keeping up with everybody here. I have been here over a year now and yes I have put faces to names and can remember who’s who but then we have a lot of new people start and I feel as lost as you do right now I am glad you put your photo as your avatar, it’s nice to see who I am ‘talking’ to.

Katt - ditto I would much rather sag than bulge I have been noticing how wrinkled my fingers look recently. I am going to make one of my rewards for weight loss be a nice hand cream.

I am glad I am not the only one that loves the Love Boat. Did you ever see the new series of it? It really did nothing for me, in fact I didn’t like it at all. I watched it once, and couldn’t bring myself to watch it again. I was watching The 70s Show the other day and guess who had a guest spot on it? Captain Stubing! I haven’t seen him in anything since the Love Boat, so it was nice to see that he’s still out there acting Ok can I confess now that I used to have a crush on Gopher

That’s wonderful that your mum made you an outfit like Laura’s from LHOTP. I wish my mum would have done that. As it was I used to go around telling people they had to call me Laura! Have you got any photos of you in your dress and bonnet ?? I have the first 3 seasons of the show on DVD, so only 5 more seasons to go, and a few TV specials. That should keep hubby in gift ideas for quite a few birthdays and Christmases to come

Crittle - hi and I am glad to hear that already you are feeling inspired to lose weight. I hope you are doing well, and that this month will be a better one than the last one for you.

Elmay - HI and a big welcome back. I have to say it is really making me happy to see so many old faces return after a bit of an absence.

You put on a bit of the weight you lost, but you have to forget about that now. Start afresh and I am sure it won’t take you long to get those lbs off again, and plenty more as well. Have you set yourself a mini goal? I find mini goals really help me stay OP. The journey doesn’t seem so long, plus I get to feel really good about myself along the way as I reach each goal

Thanks for the compliment on my pic, they aren’t 6 months old lol, I have only been dieting since April, so it’s only my FAT pics that I posted on here that are that old

Kayley - wow that’s brilliant that you can were knee high boots. My calves are still too big I am sue for boots like that, well unless I bought them from a plus size shop where they do make the leg part either stretchy or just a lot wider than normal boots. I would rather wait to be able to fit into normal ones like you have. What an awesome NSV!!

Circles - glad you had a good OP day. I can see your ticker for your main weight loss goal, but do you have a mini goal set for yourself? Having small goals really does make the main goal seem much more attainable.

Lilion - it was so hard not to think of your nephew on Sunday. It was fireworks night here and every bang just made me think of how much your nephew was hurt. I am glad that at least he has been allowed home now. They say that hospitals are no place for speedy recoveries, and I would have to agree. I have been in hospital 3 times for 3 weeks at a time, and each time I was so depressed, all I wanted to do was be home with my family, and to be able to sleep in my own bed. Your nephew is undoubtedly feeling very down now but being at home should help lift his spirits.

Xena - oh good, I am glad I am not a pest That being the case, you better not disappear from here again or I will be bombarding you with PMs

How small is your place? Surely the living area can’t be smaller than mine? Have you checked out the photo of me and Sharon, that gives a good idea of the size of the floor space I have in my living room. The Gazelle takes it all up practically, but when I am done I just fold it up and put it away. Maybe you will be able to fit a Gazelle into your place? Having exercise equipment like that at home really will make a lot of difference to your weight loss results.

It was funny hearing you talk about the Country Music Awards because wasn’t it this time last year when you were in two minds about whether you would watch them or American Idol? If it wasn’t you, it was one of the other ladies here, so your talk reminded me of that. So is Carrie going out with Anthony then, or are they just friends? I didn’t like Pickler or Underwood. Underwood had more talent than Pickler, but she beat BO didn’t she, and that’s just not on. Oh I am getting so confused about who is who. All I know is that Bo should have won!!!!

Kymberly - Yes I not only remember the Tony Little Commercial, they still show it on the shopping channels over here when they are selling the Rider. He is such a loopy guy, but he came up with that fantastic piece of exercise equipment, so loopy or not I give him a big I wouldn’t be without my rider

Did you get your Christmas shopping finished as you planned? I have been buying a lot of my gifts for people from the Internet this year. It makes it so much easier and I don’t have to battle my way around shops. Of course I do still make one or two visits to the shops for the people that I just don’t know what to buy for. I hope for inspiration by looking around and seeing what’s on offer. I would guess I am 60% done with my shopping now.

I just saw your ticker. Wow I didn’t realise that you are so close to your goal. It must be a wonderful feeling!!!

Brandnewme - great to see you post again, though I am sorry that it isn’t with happier news. I really am sorry that you are so stressed out at the moment. Sounds like between your work, schooling, hubby’s truck, and of course your nephew you have a lot to deal with. Kudos to you for coming back here when all that is going on and making a commitment on the exercise thread I think it’s a great idea to set yourself a challenge the night before, and to ask for some PMs if you disappear from the thread!!

Congrats to your sister on the birth of her baby, it’s a worry that the poor little love was born with the heart problems, I hope the docs will be able to repair the defect. As for him being born with Downs Syndrome, I pray that your sister will have the strength to accept it and realise that if anything it just makes him so much more precious!

Lori - wonderful, another LHOTP fan There I was thinking I would get people here laughing that I loved the show as a kid, well I still love it now, hence wanting the DVDs. I have been really nicely surprised that you and some of the others were big fans too. It’s not fair though, I never even got to have a bonnet like Laura’s! I wanted to live in Walnut Grove too, and of course have Michael Landon as my dad. Even now watching the DVDs when there is a scene where he is getting emotional I start to cry

Well done that’s great that you lost 3 lbs

As for you eating that candy, I guess the answer to why is habit. That and perhaps you thought you could allow yourself that treat considering you had such a good weigh in. Don’t worry about it. Learn from it, and next time just give it a bit more thought before you reach for the candy

Endthereign - I am glad to hear that you have come through the other side of your depression and that you have made the decision to move. Any idea when it will happen.

It’s good that you are back, I look forward to hearing that you are losing the lbs again

Ok well I have only just caught up on one thread that I missed. I don’t want to make this one mega huge post, so I will start another one where I reply to what I can of the next thread Will I ever catch up I ask myself. Not right now I won’t because I have to go exercise. But I will be back later Take care all, and I shall carry on with the personals later

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 11-08-2006, 12:46 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 300+/268/140

Height: 5'8

Dropping in to say hello - will catch up later when DH comes home and I can take a Gravol - I would right now but I'm afraid I'd be too drowsy to keep up with the little mister. I have some kind of bug or something, I started feeling super queasy yesterday afternoon and have felt awful since then (no chance of pg lol). Oh well, at least I'm in no shape to blow my eating behaviour today! I'll be back later.
Closed Thread