Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 04:13 PM   #16  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Melissa - I don't know. The one thing I do know is that we are all different and we need to find what works for us. Also, we may find one thing that works and then it will stop working and we need to tweak things again. I know that feeling of impatience to want to get there as quickly as possible so the experimenting feels time consuming, but I don't know that we have much choice. My trainer did say he liked the idea of me splitting the time up over the day rather than doing an hour straight.

I have exercised regularly since I started, and one thing it has definitely done for me is keep me on track. Also, I really value the fitness side of it. I love the fact that my heart rate is coming down faster now and that I am stronger. I went from feeling like I was going to die from doing 5 minutes on an elliptical to being able to stay on for a whole hour. That is a different goal from pure weight loss. Before my procedure, I lost 45 pounds in 5.5 months, which averages very close to 2 pounds a week. I know that during that period I lost almost nothing for the entire month of March, but over time it averaged out. Perhaps it is like that. You might not lose anything for several weeks and then all of a sudden drop a good bit.

I think the issue for me has been that when I started I felt so energized. Recently I have felt like the exercise has been wearing me out. Exercising to a point of exhaustion, especially when it isn't that productive makes no sense. I am doing this to enjoy life and I can't do that if I am tired all the time.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:43 PM   #17  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Hiya all .. okee .. me not missing another thread and gettin so far behind again.

JILLY - On Saturday I mentioned buying some treats and I got 7 mini containers and made up treat boxes?? Im allowed one treat box a day (which I usually have at night cos that is when the naughty cravings start lol) and I find it a lot easier having them already portioned out than trying to portion them at the time that I want them .. maybe you can make your snack bags up the same way .. that way you know you arent allowed in the can .. and you are only allowing yourself one of the bags a day ... great esp if you are grabbing it as you go out (could be good to have in your bag if you are going out for the day so that if you get hungry you wont be tempted to get something you shouldnt). Good Luck!

FAT FAIRY!!! Wherever you are .... start movin!! There are a lot of people looking for you! My TOM has arrived so I doubt you will be visiting me this week ... very upsetting as its my first week OFF Jenny Craig and on my own plan ... still .. if it goes up at least I wont think oh no ... welll .. I will ... just will have to remind myself that next week could be better if I just stick to it .. so Fat Fairy if youre feeling generous ... see if you can pop in down under too!

MISTI - Know what you mean about the tog sizes for the udder control rofl ... but are you not allowed to wear "alternate" wear in the pools over there?? I know that the pools over here allow you to wear shorts as long as they are swimming brand ones, and the tops are allowed to be any as long as they are swim brand ones too .. no tee shirts are allowed unless they are the pools ones ... which really annoyed me cos they only go up to like a size XL .. HELLLLOOO Im bigger than that and if I felt comfortable wearing something that cuts of my circulation cos its so tight dont you think I would swim more often!! The idea is to hide the flab not flaunt it!! good grief! Useless having that arguement with them tho .. they just dont "get it" ... good luck on finding a winter exercise tho

LILION - Dont completely deprive yourself of your fave things .. everything is in moderation remember .. and at least that way your body doesnt feel deprived which would make you crave foods that you realllly shouldnt be indulging in ... Im sure its a lot harder for those that go out to work in an office or whatever for those days when other staff shout morning tea or whatever .. but be proud of yourself for watching what goes in! Good on you! And great news on your loss too ... think we know where the Fat Fairy is lol ...

ERICA - WTG on your loss ... dont make excuses as to why .. just enjoy every ounce lol .. with the Fat Fairy going AWOL everywhere its great to see the scales move down for sure! If you want to have a go at one of the trackers just go into your Control Panel (User CP link at the top of the page) and then go into Edit Signature (I think its the first link on the left of the screen?), you will see at the top a sample of a tracker, click on that then put in the weight info, if you want to make it a mini goal then just put in that info rather than the ultimate loss if that makes you feel more comfortable ... then when you get to the end you would highlight I think its the first lot of info in a box and copy that .. then go back to your Edit Signature page and just paste it into the box down lower where you can also add what sort of goal it is (Mini Goal, Long Term Goal etc) ... good luck and if you need any more help with it just holler!! Keep up the great work! Oh and I always think of OP being On Plan

NANCY - Our lamb will just be a pet I may ask the farmer behind us if he shears his sheep can my baby be done too when he/she is older, but will think on that for a bit.. would be better for the lamb not to have to carry the weight of the wool for sure Great work on your acknowledgements hun ..be so very proud of yourself cos that is a great realisation for sure! Big Hugs!

AMMI - Just had to say OOOPS on your day mix up ... I know exactly how you feel I just can keep track of days .. I kept thinking yesterday was Tuesday so I said to my daughter to come home early tomorrow so we can start work on the shed for the lamb and she reminded me she had a detention on Thursday (for her wagging) and I said yes .. but you can come home early tomorrow and she just looked at me like I was nuts ... thats when I asked her "its Thursday tomorrow isnt it??" and she just nodded .. rofl ... mind you .. she is used to me doing that so no big surprise there lol ... glad you made a day of it anyway .. shame about having to go so far down on the waiting list tho, bet they didnt call the next person on the waiting list to tell them there was a gap available tho ... still .. its a little bit of a giggle for sure!

Hello to everyone else that I have missed and hope you are having a happy healthy day ...

Well its a good morning so far ... sorta lol .. Im a little annoyed that my TOM chose this week to appear, but the scales arent showing any great gain yet so Im hoping it will stay that way for the next couple of days at least until weigh in on Friday .. hang on .. thats tomorrow .. okee .. well .. it just needs to behave for another day then rofl .. gawd Im bad! Is it just me or do others when they have TOM not feel overly energetic and feel exhausted?? I am feeling a little dizzy this morning but Im going to give my Turbo Jam a go today (I didnt do it yesterday, just couldnt get moving to do it .. so I cleaned up instead lol) Its my first week off Jenny Craig and on my own plan so Im hoping that I wont put on anything really .. even tho the TOM has made an appearance.

Ash has gone off to school .. she has detention today so will be a little late home, but she wants to get on the computer so will be home straight after I think. I havent been hitting my kj intake all week ... On JC I was on 7000kj (about 1670 calories), but on my own plan I have dropped it down to 6400kj (about 1530 calories) and so far this week I have yet to hit the 6000kj for the day (about 1430calories) .. I dont feel hungry .. and Im having treats too (my treat box and I have even had a hot chocolate - low fat one of course), Im just wondering if maybe I should lower it .. but then I think .. well .. it gives me the leeway to add a little more to my day if I get extra hungry, which could happen at this time of the month I suppose ... and now Im doing Turbo Jam (when I wasnt on JC) Im hoping that the pounds will come off even easier cos Im taking in less calories and yet Im doing more exercise than I was on JC and on that I was losing min of 1kg a week (2.2 pounds) ... arggh .. its this waiting thats so annoying and frustrating I think lol ... just want to know if my new plan is working lol ..

Okee .. me gonna stop thinking about that ... for now ... have a great OP day everyone, keep warm where its cold, cool where its hot, dry where its wet and just have a happy day in general. Huggies!!
Old 08-23-2006, 04:53 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by martzerica View Post
Can you also explain this:

August exercise 900/1300 min

Is you goal to exercise 900 minutes or what?
Erica-- My goal this month is 1300 minutes, and I'm 900 minutes in!
Old 08-23-2006, 05:10 PM   #19  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Ladies I will just drop a quick --- HELLO--- I hope you ladies are having a good day. I got on a old fashioned regular scale where you slide over to 250, 300 etc you know the kind. It was so fun! I was able to slide it over to the 250 and then go up to my weight. I was fully clothed with shoes etc and the scale was 289 so that was cool. I usually weigh myself at home in the morning but since I was in the nursing Lab alone I figured why not! I have been using a weight watchers digital scales at home and I haven't been on a medical scale since I was 350. So it was cool! The silly thing that make me happy no are just that silly.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:20 PM   #20  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks to all for suggestions of pre-portioning my nuts so I don't eat too much. I am a bit of a compulsive/obsessive eater and have portioned out snacks in the past, but I just end up eating more than one bag/container (who knew the 100-calorie snacks had more calories if you ate more than one?!) I think I might even be more likely to think, "hey, I'll just have a second bag..." than I would be tempted to take the whole can for seconds since I know how dangerous the can can be, if that makes sense

Anyway, it doesn't look like the nuts will be an issue today anyway, since it is currently 5:12pm, and I'm still at work! I normally leave at 3, but we had something come in today that was due, well, today, so I'm waiting for my boss to get back from a meeting in the city to finalize this before I can actually leave. On my plan, you get 4 meals, and they have to be at least 2.5 hours apart, so I would have had the nuts when I got home at 3:30 and then dinner around 6, but now I won't be home till likely well past 6, so I'll only have time for dinner (turkey burgers!).
Old 08-23-2006, 05:28 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

Well I have been a naughty girl today, and all because of some garlic bread lol. We went to the Pizza Hut for lunch and I had my usual indvidual Hawaiian pizza. The family had The Full Works, which is a large and a medium pizza, two starters, two desserts, and 4 drinks. One of the starters was garlic bread, and I just couldn't resist. I had two slices. In the scheme of things it wasn't too bad, 4 points, but added to the pizza, and the breakfast I had, it only allowed me 3.5 points for my tea. I decided to eat what I normally would have, a huge bowl of prawns with lettuce with thousand island dressing, so now I am over my points by about 8 points. I am going to eat two points less for the rest of the week, and that should make up for it. I have everything under control

Great news now, I found a bra, I found a few actually, but this one in particular is SOOOOOOOO comfortable and so supportive. It doesn't even feel like I am wearing a bra when it's on. Ok so it's not sexy or anything, but oh wow, bliss bliss bliss. If you want to see it, here's a link http://www.marksandspencer.com/IWCat...uct_Id=1297120 I also bought a pretty 'push up' bra and love that finally I have good fitting bras that lift my boobs back up to where they belong But enough about boobs and bras

Kimberly - you are very right that I had more time for shopping, and much to my family's horror I spent about an hour bra shopping lol. Well I had a lady take my measurements and then she made sure that the bras I chose fitted correctly. I had about 8 to try on, I bought 3 I was very silly getting the appt date wrong though

How did the interview go? It's a shame you had to go in your uniform, but who knows, it might have given you that extra look of being 'up to' the promotion I really hope you did well and that you will get the job

Heather - oh I am so glad I am not the only one to make such a daft mistake with the appt dates. I am sure I am losing it. The other week I had an appt with my therapist, I went a day early!!!! She had a cancellation though, so thankfully she could see me, but I felt so daft going on the wrong day.

I have to admit I did enjoy passing shop windows today and seeing myself reflection I am so used to wearing baggy clothes that to wear something that fits me properly made me feel beautiful It was a real novelty.

Misti - Yes it does take a long time to get another appt when you miss one, even longer because we just didn't turn up on the day. I explained what happened, but I know from friends that if you get the doctors receptionist annoyed she will make sure you wait as long as possible before you get another appt. It is so wrong.

Oh yes I forgot about you having especially large boobies I can see how that would cause you problems getting a swim suit to fit. I don't understand why you aren't allowed to swim in indoor pools with shorts and a tank top on. If you can swim in an outdoor pool why not an indoor one. Silly daft rules aren't they!

Patti - good for you for throwing the scales in the closet, they are wicked wicked things Spend a few weeks getting really strict OP and then have a nice surprise when you do get the scales out again!

Patti about the FFM. You will know if I am holiding her hostage on Monday because if as I dread I will see no loss then you will know if I had her, she's escaped I will be sure to post before I head off to London!

Jill - good idea about the nuts. It's awful that something that's good for you is so high in calories isn't it. Which is your favourite nut, mine are salted cashew nuts, I only have them at Christmas time though

Lilion - Well done that's fantastic that a week of being back OP 100% and exercising has paid off. 3 lbs off is fabulous. I wouldn't count the ounces, after all, it you had a scale like mine that only shows lbs you wouldn't even know about the ounces anyway!

Erica - fantastic news on the 3 lbs lost already. So what if it's water weight, a loss is a loss I think we all feel/felt the same about getting out of the 300s, 299 seems to always be a mini goal for most of us. I know it was for me! I was determined to get to 299 and I am equally determined to never get up to the 300s again. I am sure you won't take long to be out of the 300s as well

Nelie - what a good idea to make your own trail mix. It probably works out cheaper too doesn't it.

Nancy - I love how you can think through what bothers you and know that you need to sort it out. Like when you said you need to separate your work anxiety from your weight loss. I really hope you find a way to do it, figuring out what is the problem is at least half the battle.

Yep every cloud has a silver lining, I inadvertantly made Daren miss his appt, but we had a great day out instead. Ok I ate too much, and I probably spent too much, but it was a great day. I just wish Daren didn't have to wait so long to be seen in the hospital

Katt - if anything Daren missing his appt would have made the clinic list go quicker that day. Normally it's running half an hour behind. They wouldn't have offered the spot to anybody else, because we didn't ring to cancel. That's why they get miffed and make sure if you are a DNA (did not attend) that they put you right down the bottom of the list again.

I have many times when I mix days up, but I sure as heck wish I had gone a day early rather than going a day late, or nearly turning up a day late That's funny how you gave Ash a bit of a laugh getting your days mixed up too. I blame our kids for making us lose our marbles

Oh I am glad the lamb you bought is going to be a pet. I had horrible versions of it ending up as Sunday dinner

Good luck with your WI tomorrow I don't have TOM anymore thanks to the contraceptive I use, but when I did I found I gained weight just before I started my period, and within a couple of days I had lost it again. I hated weighing around TOM. I hope the scales will be kind to you tomorrow, it sounds like you have been doing well on your first week off Jenny Craig.

Kenya - I always hated those types of scales, I always hate how far the bars have to be moved across It's great that since the last time you were weighed on one you have lost so much, I am not surprised you felt so happy

Okie dokie now that I have caught up with everybody I am going to veg out a little playing a Pogo game. Take care all, and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 08-23-2006, 06:46 PM   #22  
Releasing the inner hiker

Greetings all,

Ammi, I love the bra. Love, love, love. Like Misti, I am overly endowed, and hate underwire bras or those with lots of lace. Your new bra looks perfect!

Kenya, the first thing I thought of when I was less than 300 was how the nurse wouldn't have to move the bar to 300. Odd, eh? Pretty soon, they won't have to move it past 200 for you!

Erica, congrats on the 3lb loss!

Kimberly, I hope the interview went well. Job interviews are always so nerve-racking. I hope the stress didn't effect your plan today.

Jill, nuts are a weakness for me as well. If I can see them, I snack on them, so I've been keeping them in one of the veggie crispers in the fridge. That way I don't see them right away, yet will come across them when making salads (which is when I eat them).

Well, I had a stressful afternoon...totally emotional. I started month 2 of Push strength training with a new trainer. I could not even do the warm-up. It was so hard and he kept saying things like, "If you can't get your entire hand on the carpet, just keep your fingers on the floor." Meanwhile, my hands were around my knees, nowhere near the floor. If this happened for 1 or 2 exercises, I would have been ok. But I couldn't do anything. So I cried. Bizarre, eh? My mind was saying that I must be doing things wrong if the professionals think I can do these activities as a beginner after 4 weeks. So...I did a 2mile WATP video as I know I can do those. Now I don't know what to do about strength training. I know very little to design a program for myself and if I stay with month 1, it will not be challenging enough.

Ah well. I sent an email to Push so maybe they will have a suggestion. Hope everyone is well.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:24 PM   #23  
Erica

S/C/G: 312/310/175

Height: 5'8"

Nightkatt - thanks for the help with my signature. I am posting this as a test to see if my pic and slider shows up!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:37 PM   #24  
Trying again

Eat my lamb!!???? OMG .. nooo ... I had a pet lamb when I was younger and it went missing ... I found out it had been mixed up with the other sheep and taken to the "works" ... I havent eaten lamb/sheep since! Cant get a pet pig .. had thought about it .. but I enjoy my occassional treats of pork/bacon too much rofl ... would feel way to guilty ... as it is .. I will be apologising to the chickens every time I get some chicken out for dinner!!

Im about to get my lunch .. not sure what I will have today ... but I managed to do my Turbo Jam Learn and Burn today ... and happy day .. the 20 minutes went by soooo quick .. I remember after the warm up part I was thinking OMG there is another 15 minutes to go!! rofl but then I got into the kicking part and really had a fun time then next thing I know its the cooling down time and finish .. I did think of going on to the next one .. but I thought Im not gonna push myself or else I will be too sore tomorrow lol ... and I will do my pilates before I go to bed tonight too ... so Im still going over what I estimated I would be able to do each day (12-15 minutes) ... so next month I am going to put up my exercise challenge a little .. not too much .. but I will see the total minutes for this month before I decide lol ..

Jilly - just find the best way for you .... would be great if you had one of those food machines at home where you put in a token/cash to get out a piece of food lol .. then you only get given so many tokens a week, once they are gone there are no more treats for that week ... I call all snacks treats really rofl ... Mainly cos all of mine are treats of things that I like that can still fit in my kj limit for the day. Good luck ..

Jen - please dont beat yourself up ... everyones bodies behave different .. one day you find it easy to do something then the next day your body seems to say "excuse me?? who do you think youre talking to??" It gets frustrating and seems unfair, but the only advice I could think of giving you is dont judge your achievements by others standards, sure it would be great if you could do what the "professionals" say, but that doesnt mean that its the right time for you to do it ... I hate those timetables for exercises .. you know .. like week one you will be able to do this .. week two you can add on this ... by week 4 you can do this and this and this AND that! Bah humbug! For me personally its usually that pushing that puts me off doing exercises cos I feel that if Im not at that point then I must be doing something wrong or Im not good enough .. and really .. that is NOT the point ... so be proud of hittin your knees hun ... unless they are 4 feet off the floor your getting closer to the earth than the sky Huggies

Ammi - LOVE that bra!! Wish we had ones like that over here .. wonder if they send worldwide ... will have to save up ... I refuse to buy a new bra that Im hoping to be too small for by Xmas rofl ... Am heading to Pogo too .. gotta get some more badges Great shopping hun!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:39 PM   #25  
Trying again

Hey Erica ... wtg!!! and instead of having to redo it every time you go down ... just go to your Edit Siggie page and to where that HTML link thingy is ... and if you look along it you will see the 3 numbers you put in .. like for me its 314/274/306 ... you just need to change that last number to your new weight ... orrr if you like changing it all the time ... then go ahead and redo it! rofl

WELL DONE AND IT LOOKS GREAT!!
Old 08-23-2006, 09:07 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightkatt View Post
instead of having to redo it every time you go down ... just go to your Edit Siggie page and to where that HTML link thingy is ... and if you look along it you will see the 3 numbers you put in .. like for me its 314/274/306 ...
OMG! I had no idea you could do this!!!!!
Old 08-23-2006, 09:51 PM   #27  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

I'm sorry- I'm so tired, I won't be taking the time to answer everyone indvidually- but I am reading and supporting all of your posts! I had a long day today. I worked at 6am, and could have gone home at 2, but I had my interview at 3:15, so I had to wait around- not that I didn't have work I could find to do. I think my interview went well, although I could tell they were being critical. I guess they have to bring out their concerns when it's down to 5 people to really make a good decision. They brought up my school, concerned I wouldn't have the availabilty to commit. I told them school hadn't started and at this point I could easily adjust my schedule to fit the new job-within the next couple weeks tops. They also questioned whether or not I really wanted that job, or if I just wanted a change in general because I have applied for a couple of other jobs in the past. I think I expained well- that the other jobs I applied for all fell into the scheme of my career goals, and eventually would have brought me to this job- but since this job wasn't available at those times I was looking for an opportunity for growth. I hope those were good answers, because besdies that I really feel like I answered well. I guess I'll know soon- I'm guessing I'll still have another interview, at this level they go interview crazy...the weird thing is I'm questioning if i still want the job- simply because I don't want to have to miss out on school- or have my schedule for excercise messed up. I guess what's best will happen.

Erica- the excerise 900/1300min shows where someone is in their excercise goal. So that person has a goal of 1300 minutes for the month and so far has done 900 minutes. check out the exercise thread within 300+ and you'll see that we set monthly goals and then keep a running total of our how many minutes we've done for the month, personally and as a group. It's a great inspiration- which reminds me, I need to post my hip hop class. Everyone take care!
Old 08-23-2006, 10:32 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmiUK
Heather - oh I am so glad I am not the only one to make such a daft mistake with the appt dates. I am sure I am losing it. The other week I had an appt with my therapist, I went a day early!!!! She had a cancellation though, so thankfully she could see me, but I felt so daft going on the wrong day.

I have to admit I did enjoy passing shop windows today and seeing myself reflection I am so used to wearing baggy clothes that to wear something that fits me properly made me feel beautiful It was a real novelty.
Ammi -- One term I confused the times of 2 of my classes and almost prepped and went to the wrong class on the wrong day. It was only luck I caught my mistake in time!

As for your enjoyment in your reflection, get used to it, my friend! I think you'll be liking it more and more!

I love how you are salvaging your day wrt food -- yes, you at that garlic toast but have a plan to limit the "damage." That's making it work!

Kimberly -- THanks for telling Erica about our exercise thread! Usually I jump on every opportunity to invite the new people over, but today has been s'what stressful....

Our puppy, I believe, was stung by something this morning. His poor foot started to swell JUST as I was getting ready to go to the office. Okay, change plans and bring puppy to vet. Had to bring puppy to vet in crate of older dog, who was totally ticked off not to be coming (he cries like a banshee when he's upset)... Puppy then cried and cried all the way to the vet and my heart was breaking. Vet gave a cortisone shot and then we did his other yearly shots. Went back home (puppy crying the whole way-- doesn't like the crate in the car!) and the older dog gave me the cold shoulder.

And then, when I got home from work, puppy seemed feverish... so back to the vets we went, older dog now pissed off again and puppy howling. *sigh*

The good news is the puppy should be fine, and the older dog will forget soon enough he is mad for not getting to come on the trips! But there's 2 hours of my day gone! hey, at least I got to the gym still...
Old 08-24-2006, 07:27 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

I had such good intentions to make up for eating that garlic bread, then hubby broke out the chocolate digestive biscuits and I was lost. Ok so there's no making up for all those points, but I shall still cut back to cover the garlic bread, and hope for the best when it comes to my weigh in on Monday. I might even try to get a bit more exercise in as well. I'll just do what I can for damage control

Jen - I had a bit of a shock when I had a closer look at the web site that the bra is on. In store you can buy up to a 46 G, but even the DD - G bras on the website only went up to a maximum of 42. Instore I bought 44 E bras, but they only had one of the ones I put the link to. I was going to order another one from the net only to find out about the sizes. How stupid. Oh well I shall just wait til I have lost more weight before I get to buy one online. Until then I will have to go into the shop. It was so funny last night because when I went for a bath and to bed all I kept thinking was 'do I have to take the bra off' it really is THAT comfortable!!

I am really sorry that you got so upset after not being able to do month 2 of the Push programme. What you have to remember is that although the thing is supposedly built around your needs they can't know the amount of flexibility you have. My daughter is bigger than my step daughter, yet she can easily touch the floor with her legs straight. My SD can't get much further than you did. It's not about ability, it's about flexibility. Perhaps if you wrote to them again you could mention that? Good for you for doing the WATP instead of doing nothing once you got upset. You should be proud of yourself for that

Erica - it's great to see your 'slider' and it will be even greater watching as those numbers go down.

Katt - I have to say it, your posts always make me smile That's awful about your little lamb, I don't blame you for not being able to eat any since that awful day. How cute that you now have your own little lamb again.

I LOVE the sound of that machine you mentioned would help Jill. I think it would help ALL us dieters, and if you invent it you will be one of the richest women in the world!!!! Quick, copywrite it and get your patent!!

It's funny what you said about the bra, and not wanting to spend out money knowing you will want a smaller one at Christmas. I was like that yesterday when I bought my 3 bras. I thought hang on, I'm spending all this money and they won't fit me before too long. But I was desperate for some well fitting bras so it was worth the money. When you are ready to buy a bra like that, if the company don't ship over there I am sure we could figure out a way for me to get one for you and send it.

Good for you for doing your exercise and for really enjoying it. On my Gazelle Rider I do half an hour a day, but the end of 15 minutes as much as I love it, I can't help starting to watch the clock. Mainly it's because my feet start to really hurt then, but I work through the pain because I am determined to do my half an hour a day.

Sabrina - How are you doing today? That's great that Katt's post to Erica made you realise you don't have to re make your slider every time you want to change it. I love my slider but if I had to go to that effort every week I think I wouldn't bother

Kimberly - I am glad that the inteview went well, and if you ask me, you gave perfect answers to their questions. It's good that they were so critical, I am sure your response to it all will be a big deciding factor on if you get given the job or not. It's a bit of a worry that you aren't even sure you want it anymore, you certainly can't turn it down if they offer it to you because it might effect any chance of promotion or a job change when you are 100% ready for it. I am sure if you get the job you will work your schooling and exercise around it. I guess at least if you don't get it you won't be too disappointed.

Heather - it was very odd to actually not be grossed out by my reflection in shop windows. Of course there was still the times when I thought, yuck still fat, but mostly it was, wow, look how much smaller I am And thank you for the note of confidence that I better get used to liking what I see, I am sure you are right that it will only happen more often as time goes on

Oh what an outing you had with your puppy, you certainly painted a good picture of how it and the older dog were behaving. It would have been quite funny if it wasn't for the fact you had the worry about the puppy being poorly. I am glad puppy is fine now, and I hope older dog has forgiven you

Sharon - I should imagine you are doing your last minute packing etc now, but I shall look for you later on MSN. If I don't catch you I hope you will have a lovely time at your parents.

Nancy, Brenda, Jill, Valerie, Lilion, Xena, Mel, Annie, Crock, Missy, Angie, Kayley, and of course those that I haven't mentioned, have a great day, and hope to see your posts soon

I have to go exercise now, will be back later though,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 08-24-2006, 07:36 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

I have been reading everyone's posts but with washing, ironing and packing as well as caring for my boys and housework there's been no time to post. I wasted 2 hours yesterday with some new fat/water lean body mass scales, they were either faulty or the instuctions were wrong! first I weighed 20lbs more, I moved the scales then 10 lbs more, moved them again then they said the same as my old ones. They refused to weigh me, kept saying error and wouldn't let me programme my height in, said I was 4'11" !! So off they go back to whence they came! I know my old ones are pretty accurate as they agreed with the ones at my old slimming club ( cutting edge scales, regularly calibrated) so I'll stick with them.
Katt, so sorry about the delay in posting your dvd, it was posted today. What will you do with your lamb when it gets big? Do you just keep it and how long do they normally live, without any 'intervention'? lol About TOM, I often feel faint or dizzy and weak, gain weight, crave starches and chocolate as well as getting really rattty, so you're not alone xxxx
Ammi, YOU BAD GIRL, lol I'm sure one tiny blip is going to stop you! I love garlic bread and when Steve left some I kept eyeing it up, then threw it in the bin. I'm sure you'll either lose a bit or maintain on your trip, it isn't like you're there for two weeks is it? I'm sure you can pull back any 'naughties' when you get home. I forgot about M&S doing bras, and I used to make them for them too! I'm glad that you got a nice sexy one as well, hope Daren likes it! xxxx
To the new ladies, great on getting a 'ticker' Erica, it took me ages to sort mine outlolxxxx
Nancy I hope the hospital stuff gets sorted out soon and that your body is healing well and soon starts to lose some weight . After all your hard work it must be disheartening for youxxxxxx
Well I have to get the house tidy AGAIN, it seems I have to do it at least three times each day and I could vacuum all day too with my boys dropping stuff EVERYWHERE!
Sorry I haven't done many personals.
xxxsharon
Closed Thread