Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 05:50 PM   #1  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again..#953

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 07-08-2006, 10:05 PM   #2  

Smile Whoa!

Hey Ladies! Well, I was feeling my normal 5pm sluggishness settling in, so as I was about to lie down as DH was on the computer I all of a sudden found myself saying "I'm going to go for a walk". Well, being supportive my DH accompanied me - I let him be "walk leader" and direct me to some places I haven't really seen in our neighbourhood....my goal was a basic 10 minutes. Not much, but I told myself if I can do that everyday, I'd have no regrets at the end of the week. So, I wanted to see how many steps I did in 10 minutes - so with my pedometer on DH timed me, and at the 10 minute mark I was at around 1000 steps - exactly what I had been calculating. Oh, and yes, those 10 minutes were NONSTOP!!! And I didn't even feel back pain, so I asked DH to lengthen the "tour". Well, we just got home and I HAD to jump on here to tell you all about my AMAZING NSV...here it is: On our walk I got in 6760 steps, 66 minutes, and 3.1 miles!!!! And that part that almost makes me me wanna cry is that all this was done with EVER stopping or slowing down - OMG!!!!! I never thought I could do this...just a bit ago 10 minutes in a row was my limit, I wouldn't have been able to keep going for sure. I haven't walked that long in a row in...wow, at least a few years...even on a treadmill where it can be easier (no hills, or things to step over, etc) I did my walk in 10 minutes increments - and I was sore...but not now!! I hope I can get in 1 long walk once a week or so...I'm just so proud of myself...I think I'm floating a bit, LOL!! I can't wait until my body and fitness continue to improve. I *will* get to my goal, and I *will* be fit (by my own standards!), but I've gotta start somewhere...so what if I only lose 2pds a week...do that time after time and it WILL take me to goal. Thanks for "listening".

Melissa
Old 07-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #3  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

That is so fantastic Melissa. I am so happy for you.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:15 PM   #4  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Melissa that sounds great! Yes you will make it to your goal
Old 07-09-2006, 01:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Melissa : Wow that's so great, i know how great it feels to exceed your expectations and thats amazing keep up the good work and positivity I think that what you can DO is a far greater way to measure success than the numbers on the scale. Those matter but the getting in shape, your capabilities, help encourage you along the way and in the end are what the most important in the end. Because when we plateau weight wise the fitness improvments keep us on track
Old 07-09-2006, 06:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning All,

You won't believe what my husband is doing now, he is frying bacon for his breakfast!! How cruel is that. I just had a bowl of low fat cereal, and now I am drooling at the smell of that bacon!! Oh well, don't worry, I will be strong, and when I see a loss on the scales tomorrow I will be glad I was

Melissa - on walking so far!! You sounded so proud of yourself and you had every right to be so. Just think, you feel so fantastic now, imagine how much more you will be able to do as you lose more and more weight I am glad you realise that a 2 lb a week loss is brilliant, even 1 lb a week is fabulous too. Like you said, if you keep losing every week, no matter how big or small the numbers, you WILL get to your goal

Oh well I guess it's at least one good thing that you can go to the doctor and not have to pay. Still, not much good seeing one and being told to take medication that you may not be able to afford. I really hope you will be able to afford to get more pain meds when the time comes. If not, then I reckon you should go back to the doctors then and there, say you can't stand the pain anymore, and maybe they will do something about it!

Ooooh another person who thinks I look younger than my age, thank you I wonder how many of the other ladies are scoffing and saying what I think, which is, I can't see it

Xena - my problem with scrap booking, or making cards etc is that I just don't have the imagination, and in the case of cards, the hand writing. My writing is so young looking you would think a kid made the card if I wrote on it So no, as much fun as it looks, I shall just stick to buying my cards, and photo albums.

Isn't it amazing when you realise just how much weight you have lost and the difference it makes to you. I love that you carried your doggy because it would have been worn out, that's sweet. Do you ever watch The Biggest Loser? Remember when at some stage in the show they make the contestants carry the weight they have lost in a ruck sack (back pack) and they all can't believe how heavy they were. It's a real eye opener isn't it.

Ok well I am going to go now, got to catch up on some emails. So take care all and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-09-2006, 10:17 AM   #7  

Ammi shame on your husband for frying that bacon! but you did good eating your cereal. the things we dieters have to put up with lol!
Old 07-09-2006, 11:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Melissa -- THAT is a non-scale victory all right! And THAT is the attitude that is going to propel you forward! CONGRATS!!

Ammi -- Resisting the bacon, WTG!!!!

Good luck on the scale tomorrow. I'm still a little up and am prepared not to break into onederland tomorrow. If I do, great, if not, then maybe next week!
Old 07-09-2006, 11:22 AM   #9  
Because I deserve it!

Melissa - That's a GREAT NSV! Congrats.

Ammi - The woman with an iron will resisting the bacon!!!! That is one aspect of living alone that can be a plus during dieting. I don't have to resist what anyone else in the house is having. Then again, I have no one else to blame if I fall off the wagon! I did see that on Biggest Loser where they had to carry the weight they had lost. I wonder when that show is coming back on. I like to watch it, although I do think they are losing unhealthily (is that a word?) and their exercise is too extreme.

Heather - My fingers are crossed you will somehow make it to "one"derland tomorrow. But as you have said, even if it takes you a couple extra weeks it doesn't really matter. What will it be, 96 pounds lost when you hit "one"derland? That is incredible. I look forward to the day I can say the same thing.

As for me, I plan to go do some strength training while I finish watching a movie. Then I have to go shopping for a gift for a friend's baby shower. It's not until Sept, but I am going to try to get it done ahead of time instead of at the last minute like I usually do. Since I am in such a scrapbooking mood, maybe I should try to make her a card instead of buying one. OK, I am off. Have a great Sunday, everyone.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Patti - well it turns out that it wasn't bacon that my hubby was frying, BUT it smelled like it It was Spam (do you have that there, the meat, not the email rubbish lol). Now if I had known it was Spam I wouldn't have been feeling so strung out wanting bacon

Heather - Thank you for the good luck wishes for my WI tomorrow. I would quite happily lose nothing if it meant you could lose that last lb to give you entry to Onederland! Shame it doens't work like that, so all I can do is wish you well too

Xena - well I think with a name like yours you should be the one called the woman with the iron will Did you ever watch that show? I didn't, but I have seen 'Xena' on ads etc!

I like watching the Biggest Loser too, though am in total agreement with you that the way they lose weight is so unhealthy. Yes it's great for them to see the numbers come down so quickly, but how many of them have ended up in hospital!

Enjoy your day, and yep, I think you should make a card for your firiends baby shower. It's so more personal than just going to buy one

Xena mentioned watching a movie which reminds me of the two I watched last night. Monster In Law with J Lopez was first and I really enjoyed that. But then I watched Hide and Seek with Robert Deniro. Has anybody else watched it? What a twist at the end, but what a confusing movie!!! I had to go on a message board today just to get my questions answered

It's very quiet here so far today, here being the forum. You watch, I'll go to exercise and cook tea soon and I will come back on tonight and have a million post to catch up on Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi

Last edited by AmmiUK; 07-09-2006 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:41 PM   #11  

teahoney, rkrs6673, silentarctic, Ammi, wyllenn, and Xena - Thank you ALL so much for your kind words and encouragement...this is what this site is all about, and because of all those kind words you all took the time to write I felt so great I shut down my computer and heading right out for another walk!! I got in 4537 steps in 45 minutes - 2.1 miles total. Not as much as before but I was alone (DH is at work) and was trying to remember the route we took before, lol, and now I know I forgot about one loop! (It's okay though, I don't wanna burn myself out anyways - I'm new at this ) But still, going out and walking over 2 miles at 830 in the morning has to be good for me, lol! Thanks again all. The feedback and support are needed and appreciated.

Melissa
Old 07-09-2006, 01:31 PM   #12  

Yes We Do Have Spam Here To Sometimes For Breakfast... Not In A Long Time Though!
Old 07-09-2006, 01:33 PM   #13  

i DID SEE hIDE AND sEEK BUT I HAD GUESSED THE ENDING WAY TOO EARLY IN THE MOVIE.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:15 PM   #14  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Melissa--I am so inspired by you and your walking. I think it is really good. Keep up the good work!

Ladies I have never seen the Biggest Loser so I am not sure what you mean by they lose weight in a bad way. What is it that they do to make it so bad? Just wondering... I do know that since I started South Beach I have lost about 1 pound a day while still in phase 1 It said that was normal in the book. However, the last thing I want to do is harm myself. I still have 3 days left in phase one of the diet.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:34 PM   #15  
Because I deserve it!

rkrs - The main reason I think it's unhealthy is the extremely rigorous amount of exercise they do. It's not the least bit reasonable, if you ask me, and there is no way that a normal person with a job and a life could keep that up. Plus, they will sometimes drop weight in the double digits each week...especially the guys. I also wish that on the show they would add some focus to the diet aspect of it because I do think that while exercise is important, your diet is the largest contributing factor to your weight.
Closed Thread