Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 11:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#942

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 06-28-2006, 11:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Got off my butt, and exercised tonight. I sorta convinced myself in my mind that I didn't need to, since I went above and beyond on my exercise goal....(dumb, right?). But I did it anyhow, so I'm very happy with myself.

Work tomorrow, and I'm glad for that. No boredom eating when I'm at work, and I'm keeping myself busy (unlike today).

Why do I always feel guilty about buying myself things? I looked up fairy necklaces on Ebay (I love fairies), and there was one ending in 10 mins...super cute, and really fairly priced. So I bid at the very last minute, and immediately felt guilty. It only came to like $6 with shipping, so I'm not out all that much...but I just felt so GUILTY!

Off to bed with me, after a few personals....

Annie - You got some GOOD deals!!! I love bargain shopping, but I have yet to go to a pawn shop. I might just have to after hearing that. Amazing how exercise can make us feel so GOOD, huh?

Ammi - I surely HOPE I don't have any problems with the rides. I told my mom about my worries today, and she said that I shouldn't worry about it, and that it won't be a problem. I just hope she's right! And the fat fairy? She likes bribes better. Preferably cash!

Hypnotq - That bites that you didn't get your truck back today...but at least you got some walking in! on another pound GONE FOREVER!

Brandnewme - Hello hello! Sorry to hear you are still having troubles in the weight loss department. Hope you are able to make it through the in-laws visit okay! Sounds like you deserve a raise!
Old 06-28-2006, 11:55 PM   #3  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Howdy Ladies.

Sorry I've been MIA. Just been kinda down and blue. But good news is I'm beginning to feel better, been reading here and its lifted my spirits.

I cleaned today, moved the furniture and cleaned under and everything. Then we had a short, but mighty storm, the lightning was fierce! But then as quick as it came, it was over.

I've been really bad lately. I need to get back on track........

So how is everybody else doing? I hope well.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:59 PM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Kayley! We posted within 5 minutes of each other! lol. I know what you mean about boredom eating. I do that a lot. If I could just find something healthy to munch on. I did buy some of those 100 calorie snacks, those are pretty good. Great for work, hey at least better than the full calorie ones, right?

Anyways. I also know what you mean about buying things for yourself and feeling guilty. Hub usually has to force me to buy things for myself otherwise he'll just buy something for me. But even then I feel guilty.

Enjoy your fairy necklace! You deserve it!

Good Job on the Exercise!
Old 06-29-2006, 12:05 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everybody! Hope you had a good day!

Ammi, LOL about the weight loss comments. I had to look back to see what I had said. But personally I liked Patti's idea about the hissy fit. But when I post on the exercise thread you will see that even though I didn't TALK well, I DID well!
Old 06-29-2006, 12:13 AM   #6  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Ammi – No worries – how you keep track of all the details you do about everyone has me awestruck! The procedure involved making a small incision in my right leg (groin area) into the femoral artery where they sent in a catheter to the blood vessels feeding the fibroid. Where the incision is they placed an Angio-seal (vascular closure device – I actually have to carry around a little card for 90 days so if something happens my doctor can be altered) under the skin, but there were no stitches or anything. I am actually starting to worry that this leg pain isn’t quite normal and I am going to call the doctor tomorrow. Sorry to everyone if this is TMI.

I am having a bit of a dilemma about the weekend though. Awhile back my BF asked me when we could go see his parents down in MD and also see a friend of his to deliver a printer. I suggested the holiday long weekend coming up because it is 4 days and therefore we have more time there. So, my BF took Monday off work and also didn't schedule any work over the weekend. He has been doing a lot of weekend work because he is assisting in a huge storage and user migration for a giant bank. He is also hoping to get this bank to hire him, so his image with them is very crucial to him. It could be a BIG bump in salary if he could get hired and go a long way towards some of his money issues. He has also been working so much that I feel like he deserves a break and to do something he really wants to do.

However, I didn't realize how close to my procedure it was and now I am having second thoughts. I have already mentioned to him that I have the right to veto the trip if I don't feel up to it. Seeing as I have been having this leg pain for the past few days after sitting at work all day and driving home I am very worried about sitting in a car for 5+ hours after a long day at work. I could understand pain in the abdomen, but I wasn't expecting so much pain in my leg.

There is a history of this between us as well. On several occasions I wasn't really well enough to travel (mostly colds) and he convinced me to go anyway - and I was miserable. So there is a part of me that wants to be over cautious from past mistakes and a part of me that doesn't want to disappoint him. So, I don't know what to do. I will probably know more once I speak with the doctor tomorrow. I am torn between feeling the need to baby myself a bit more and the need to just do it for him since I don't even know if I will be bothered anyway. Also, he won't go alone - so that isn't an option. Not sure what to do . . . but right now I really need to get to bed. I have been very tired in the morning – I have been staying up way too late.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:43 AM   #7  

Well, I decided to share this and give everyone a good laugh.

When I do water aerobics it is always hard for me to get out of the pool as I am embarrassed by the way I look and my big ole stomach flopping all over the place. I swim in a tank top and biker shorts, as close to the "tankini" look as I can get and still wear a bra under it.

This afternoon when I started to get out and walking to the steps, still in waist deep water, my "automatic" thoughts were "It's not so bad being seen at this level in the water but I HATE to stand up more and let my stomach show." When suddenly it HIT me... LOL there is some part of my body that embarrasses me more than my boobs! They are still horribly big but not early as "grotesque" as before! Actually I think I can see my stomach going down just a bit too... but maybe that is just a dream LOL.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:46 AM   #8  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

MARY – I just got my hair cut really short, too. It’s looked silly all week, tho, cuz the humidity down here in the South, especially with all the rain off & on, makes my hair curl up in weird ways. Oh well, at least it’s cool and comfortable. I hope you’re enjoying your new ‘do’.

WYLLENN – I’m holding my breath for you to hit One-derland… well, figuratively speaking anyway. Awesome and amazing about the 150 # between you and DH!

AMMI – Thank you so much for your very kind and generous words! You’re such a peach!! ** I never have a problem eating eggs, but if you go only for high protein and skip the veggies, yup, “bunged up” is a good way to put it. Speaking of peaches, were down in Georgia right now “the Peach State”, and I was going to go to a stand and check them out, but DH said “You aren’t allowed to have those right now are you?” Party pooper. But he’s right, and I skipped them for now. ** On the postcards, I was sending them to my ‘trucker buddy’ class and to one of Lori’s kids. I haven’t kept up with sending them to her kids over the summer like I intended to, so I hope she forgives me. Life has just been crazy lately and I haven’t always been in the groove. I’m trying to get back in the swing and get some sent to them soon.

CROCK – Thanks for the info on the Macadamias. DH finished them off, but at least I know how to ration them next time. Right now I’m working on rationing the sunflower seeds. It’s easy to get carried away with those little things.

MELISSA/Vilandra – keeping my fingers crossed for that next weigh in!

RED HOT MAMA – Welcome back, and I’m glad to see off to a great start! Keep checking in with us, even if you can’t keep up with every post. We understand that… and there will be NO test on past posts. The only point is to move forward and lose weight 

Hi LILION! I missed you, even tho I see you on the Old Hens thread. Glad to see that since you’ve come back to this century, you’ll be visiting more often again… case load allowing…

SUE MARIE – I’m sorry to hear how sick you’ve been!!! I can sympathize because I had a horrible case of bronchitis about two years ago that lasted for 4-5 months. The coughing was so violent I think I shook the whole bedroom, so I slept on the livingroom floor when we were home. I wish you a speedy recovery soon!!

KAYLEY – I don’t feel guilty for less than $10. Now if I’d bought one of those saddles I saw last trip out in Atlanta, THEN I’d feel guilty, even if they were priced incredibly low. As it is, I’m still lusting after them. … I know you’d prefer to do your lusting after something else, so it’s a good thing you opted for guilt on the necklace. HA! But really, who could possibly deserve it more? (The necklace, not the guilt.)

ANNIE – I must have missed a thread or something… what’s this about a pawn shop?

SASSY – Welcome back, and I’m glad to hear you’re feeling a little perkier. I love your ‘road’ quote.

Hi MISTI! **** And YIPPEE on that NSV!!!!!!!!!!! Progress is wonderful!!

NANCY, That procedure is way more than a COLD for Pete’s sake. It sounds like the leg pain could be serious, and you aren’t babying yourself to be cautious. I’m sure he cares about you and while he may be disappointed, he should understand. Be good to yourself and take care!!!

We're in Alabama and DH is being a jerk about making me stay up with the load for the second night in a row. Good thing tomorrow's load delivers same day! As usual, by day two on the truck I was ready to tell him where he could put his stupid Freightliner, lift-gate, generator & all. sigh. I'm just tired, and having to stay awake and stay in the truck is a bummer. I'll get over it. At least there are flush toilets available See? It doesn't take much to make me happy.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi ladies,

Well, I finally have some time for some individual thoughts. It is 11:04 p.m. and after this it's off to bed. LOL.

Patty: Thanks. I did get some good bargains. When my hubby got home from work He hooked up the AC and it worked really well. Our house started to cool right off. Well, at least the livingroom was getting cooler. I know you'll get into the 2's reall soon. Try to be patient with yourself!

Ammi: Hope you are resting up from your busy day out and about. I bet it is so much easier than before though.

Brandnewme: I'm sorry that your inlaws are going to be a stress for you right now. Hopefully it won't be as bad as you think. It sure is good to see you posting. I really miss you when you aren't around.

MariaLucia: Sorry you lost your post but Hi right back at cha!

Kayley: Don't you dare get upset at yourself for buying the necklace. You so deserve at least that. Think of it as a treat for all the hard work and stuff you have been doing. Think about how wonderful it will look around your new much slimmer neck!

Sassy: Hi and glad to see you posting again. Hope everything is okay with you.

Nancy: Okay I have to agree whole heartedly with Val. You don't have a cold you just had a very serious procedure. You don't want to mess around riding in the same position for such a long time. I vote..... stay home and relax! There will be another time to go visit.

Misti: Well, I'm not sure if you are calling that an NSV or not but it sounds good to me that you are not so stressed out over your boobs. I used to swim all the time and I know exactly what you mean about getting out of the water when your tee shirt and shorts are so sucked to your every curve from the water. LOL. Keep on going and I know you are inspiring someone. Someday they will come up to you and tell you how wonderful you are and how much it helped them to see you there working out. You are such a treasure.

Val: You didn't miss too much. I just stopped by a pawn shop on the way home from Curves today and purchased a small AC for our house and the best thing was a Palm Pilot that I have been looking at on line for sale for about $500 and they had the exact one for $44 so I snagged it. LOL. I normaly don't whine about prices or act coy about buying something after I hear the price but I played my hubby's trick today and they lowered the prices on both things for me. LOL So sorry you have to be in the truck tonight again. That stinks. I hope at least that you have Simon with you for protection. Stay safe my friend!

Sharon, Zelma, Suemarie, Luan, Everyone whom I failed to mention by name, Hugs to you all and hope you are well and blessed.
Annie
Old 06-29-2006, 03:19 AM   #10  

Hello Everyone - Caught up on my sleep today, lol! I didn't realize how much those 5.5 miles yesterday tired me out! NSV ALERT!! I was with my guy at his work (he's an A&W supervisor) and I was soooo hungry, so I ordered a chicken burger...even though it had no cheese and the chicken wasn't breaded I felt so guilty....so, after holding onto it for about 30 mins, guess where it is....STILL UNEATEN IN A GARBAGE CAN!!! I had it right there, and I made a choice - a good one!! The only thing I had there was an 80 calorie drink - NOT one of my forbidden foods. So, it's payday tomorrow - not sure if DH and I are getting groceries before he goes to work tomorrow, or Friday morning, but either way I'll be at the mall. I'll also be deciding on the size 22 black dress pants - I have to get them tomorrow or they go back on the rack....hmmm....I'm still 50/50....cause we could use the $25 (and the $20 for the top that's there too!), but I could also use a pair of pants that I'll be able to fit later on....but I could always just save and buy them when I can fully fit them. So, my little NSV of being smaller than I thought is only half valid...cause in dress pants I am (about 3" off fitting 22's), but in jeans...I tried on 24/26's and they were tight as ever on me - tighter than the 22 pants!! So...I'm gonna stay away from jeans for at least another 6 months, lol! No sense in depressing myself over them! I told DH that as I lose weight I'm gonna need to make some $$ to pay for all the clothes I'll be able to wear for the first time, lol!! I've also noticed an odd patten with my cravings....so far I've ONLY craved my trigger/forbidden foods when I'm hungry....like, if I've just eaten something, I don't crave it anymore....kinda odd, and kinda interesting. Well, I think that's all my news for tonight.
Have a good one everybody, and stay OP!!

Melissa
Old 06-29-2006, 08:13 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone! Glad some of you are getting your ACs hooked up! Yeeks this weekend I need to get things organized in the bedroom so I can call some friends and help me get mine installed.

Sounds like it is haircut time too! I had an appt to get mine cut short but backed out. <G> I like being able to clip it up or in a ponytail and completely out of my face.

Hope everyone remembers to get their EXERCISE today! Keep going!
Old 06-29-2006, 08:53 AM   #12  
South Beach Life Style

Hey where Has Jullee Cees taken off too?

All is well here for me,Sitting here eating my bowl of Cereal. and Getting ready to drink my coffee to wake up. It actually did not rain yesterday, I dont know about today. but the yard will be mowed asap this morning and the weeding eating will begin.. Take Care Everyone.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Melissa: Excellent food choice. I am proud of you. That must have been a hard one to not even take a taste. Good job.

Misti: Gotta have that AC here in Post Falls right now. Our normaly mild weather is scorchin hot like yours. LOL.

Crock: Don't work to hard mowing

Everyone: Good morning. I have decided it is time to put my photo on my avitar for better or worse. I have been here for over a year now and just hate photos of myself but, you all are brave enough to do it and so shall I be.

Annie/Dogpal
Old 06-29-2006, 09:31 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

ANNIE - YAY YAY YAY I just saw that you put a photo of YOU as your avatar, and I am thrilled. Looking good my friend, looking good.

Got to go exercise but I will catch up with everybody else later today I promise

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 06-29-2006, 09:48 AM   #15  

Good for you Annie i dont have that courage yet lol. not much going on here got my exercise in now i just need to do housework will not weigh til tomorrow !
Closed Thread