Old 04-08-2005, 02:53 PM   #16  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I just wanted to say that I agree with Jill, I think the entire post of Rachel's could have been deleted without all that attention being drawn to it. Plus the wording implies bunches of people are complaining about her, which I really doubt....aww well...i hope we dont lose someone because of it
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 03:48 PM   #17  
Dancing those pounds away

I don't have time to post now... but I too want to tell Rachel that no one wants her to leave. Your choice of words would not be my choice of words .... but ... I also feel the large red letters were a bit excessive too. I post in other sites than just 3FC and they would have edited your post there too. So hopefully now let's all just move on from here. In the future we all might be more sensitive of offensive wording and the 3FC administration might be more sensitive of how they edit. We are all learning how to deal with new situations as they come up in life. This is just a learning experience for us all ... not the end of anyone posting.

BarbPA... Our prayers are with you and your husband. GOOD LUCK !!!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 05:21 PM   #18  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello everyone…

Iwillbe – Yay for the Braves winning. I used to have a green thumb. Could plant tomatoes and cucumbers, even got watermelons to grow. The kid wants to plant corn. LOL I dunno how gonna do that, but can sure try. I gotta prep the garden area tho for next year since already on a late start. Good luck with the tomatoes.

Shop – I’ve been censored a few times I have even had whole posts deleted. Specially when I was voicing my opinion over something someone else said. I hope you won’t leave on account of this. *big hugz*

I got my water in yesterday and I got some exercise in. I think I’m gonna break into virgin fat territory FINALLY!!! I am gonna break 350lbs YAYAYAYAYA!

Gonna go get some exercise in hehehe and then clean some house. Maybe even go out and do some yard work. For sure my roses need some attention.

Take care everyone…
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:07 PM   #19  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Hope your day is going well. It is lovely here today. Bright and sunny and fairly warm.

I went and had lunch with a friend and then did an apartment shop and some "showgirl" stuff. Didn't have time to finish it all so I think I'll be going back on Sunday during Nascar and finish up and maybe stay and see something. I did sit through the first half of Beauty Shop before I had to get up and go do another auditorium. I like Queen Latifa and I don't get Honey to sit in on many of her movies.

Shop: I'm sorry you got offended by the censure. That's not exactly MY method (as some here would attest to). I do hope you'll understand that what you said was 1. against the forum rules and 2. was extremely colorful compared to the occasional bleeped words that get posted once in awhile. Also please understand that you may have been offended by the censure, but others were also offended by the language. Neither side should have to put up with feeling that way, you OR others. I'm hoping you'll stick around.

BarbPA: Glad you're back and had a nice visit. Does this mean there will be bullseyes on your butt again?????

SueMarie: Virgin Fat is always a good thing! Good for you!

Gotta run. Sorry I missed some but Honey is home and wanting dinner. Love ya bunches.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:14 PM   #20  

Thank you all. I got a lot of really nice responses. I was just upset that they made it look like I typed the whole words out anyway...you know...I just....I don't know what's so offensive about using censored versions of the words if I'm not insulting any of you. But apparently I indirectly insulted one of you. I'm sorry, whoever it was. I wish you would have given me the benefit of the doubt, instead of running off to the nearest admin. I'd have taken it out completely if you'd just PM'd me asking that. Or asked me to take it out in the thread.

I know Teri, you said "ouch, language." If that was an indirect way of asking me to remove what I'd said...I'm sorry I missed it completely.

To whoever got offended: Basically, what I meant was caffeine on an empty stomach...and then the acidity of a soda, and a pastrami sandwich hurts. A lot. And when you drop a hammer on your thumb, do most people curse? I'd say a lot do. I was just trying to convey that message, as far as I know, I haven't made a habit of offensively cursing.

Yesterday, I got about an hour of exercise (not nonstop) 20 mins of biking....45-60 mins of cleaning my house. I got a large portion of it all done. I have a few trouble spots to clean up.

Because of how much water I drank yesterday...I got to the end of the day at...940 calories....and when I say end of the day, I mean the end of my day, which ends way later than the end of most people's day.

So I threw in a cucumber salad, and a White Chocolate Reeses to bring me up into 1410.

I know it's not the best way to get calories, but I mean look...I was low even when I ate that, so I feel justified. I had NO SODA yesterday. I took a caffeine pill instead. Today, I took half of one because I had a pretty bad headache last night and some nausea problems. Heres to hoping for no soda again today, but if I do have one, it'll be noncaffeinated, because I don't want yesterday to be for nothing.

Thank you all for being very sweet. I got your private messages. I guess if you all really feel that way, I'll stay, I really do like this place and was upset that things happened the way the did, because I didn't want to feel like you didn't want me here.

*edit*
I forgot, I thought this as I read you post but got wrapped up in myself there.

CONGRATS SUE. I REALLY AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!! I hope to be high on your tail when it comes to under 350. I'm 359 at the moment.

BTW. Where do you live. Julee and I were thinking about maybe meeting up with you and each other as well. Did you answer that? Did I miss it?

Last edited by Shopaholic; 04-08-2005 at 06:27 PM.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 07:16 PM   #21  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Rachel...thank goodness you posted and are staying. I have been reading along about everything that happened and was really worried you were going to leave for good...especially when I idn't see you online at all today. I voilated a rule once (posted a website link where things can be purchased) and they did edit it for me and someone sent me a kind PM letting me know why they edited it and asking me to not do it again. That person was a little kinder and gentler..and at the time I was pretty new to the boards. I totally understand why you wanted to pack it in and leave but am also SOOOOO HAPPY that you didn't!!!

I went for a snazzy spa pedi today with one of my girlfriends...which would have been a lot nicer but she is not doing well. She had very routine surgery a while ago (gall bladder after GBS) and there were complications...which led to them discovering something wrong with her liver..and on and on. She has had at least2 if not 3 major open surgeries, countless infections and is on all sorts of pain meds, anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds. She is so drugged out that a normal conversation with her is nearly impossible. She can't drive anymore because of all the meds and she is now basically housebound..which makes her more depressed and anxious. She has gained back a lot of her pre-surgery weight and that also makes her more depressed. She falls asleep sitting up, standing up, mid-sentence...and it's just sad because she is so vibrant and intelligent and fabulous when she is lucid. I am beginning to think her doctors have screwed her up completely by giving her new meds, adding meds, taking away meds and never getting her at a baseline level. More than anything right now I think she needs to be detoxed. We actually talked today about her applying for disability. So although it was supposed to be a fun girls' day out...it was just not as fun as it could have been. HOWEVER it was the most diving pedicure ever and I have pretty toesies!

My dad meanwhile is irking me (had to edit myself there). He wants to have brunch with Jason and I next weekend when we are home for the wedding but he keeps saying he wants to go to the Chesecake Factory...and I keep saying no, because I am just not comfortable going there...too many temptations. I wish he got it and understood my choices. He says he is proud of me for taking the initiative to do what he clearly is incapable of himself...but I wish he understood that supporting me means understanding that I am not going to be OK eating out certain places. *sigh*

It's gorgeous and sunny with a steady breeze..the temperatures are going down again..it was nearly 90 the other day and now it looks like it's going down to about 72. Much better..and much better on my allergies as well.

Have a fabulous weekend..I promised BF that I'd go see Sin City with him this weekend...oy. But we did see Miss Congeniality 2 on our anniversary so I guess we're even now. I want to see Fever Pitch and The Upside of Anger as well.

Hugs and Kisses...
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 07:42 PM   #22  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Height: 5'7"

Shop I am so glad you came back!

I got to ride my bike today for about 3 miles . Food was okay. I didn't get plenty of water. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Scoot
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 07:52 PM   #23  

When I buy a house Scooter, I think I'll get a bike, at the moment there's no room to store it, so I'd have to enjoy my stationary bike, which I do because it's recumbent and my back sucks.

I'd also like a pool, I'll have to underchlorinate it though because too much chlorine makes me itchy.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:54 PM   #24  

Hi everyone!

Just checking in. Today is the first day of my last weekend at my current job, and boy am I ever excited! I find that it's difficult to exercise and eat right on the weekends when I'm working 12 hours overnight shifts. Typically I end up running through the McDonald's drive through that's open 24 hours. I do have to say thank GOD for the yummy apple dippers and the fruit and yogurt parfaits, they are the only things that keep me from pounding down a large order of fries!

Julie- I was just wondering, is your friends liver problems a result of the surgery, or were they just discovered because of it? I really fell for her, that must be awful to go through everything to get the GBS and eat the pureed foods and everything and then gain the weight back. I think it's a good reminder that GBS surgery might be helpful, but even with it it takes a lot of work to change your habits and keep the weight off in the long run.

Catch you all later!

Katie
kjensen79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 08:55 PM   #25  
working off those pounds

Guys I really need some encouragement in the food department I had a really bad week, ever since my birthday....I havent been documenting my food all week. Anyone else having a bad week? The good news is I exercised three times already, so I've met my goal there....
Old 04-08-2005, 09:20 PM   #26  

I had a bad week until yesterday Melissa. I sat and thought about what I was doing to myself and if I wanted to go back to eating the way I was eating. I told myself no, and that I wanted to keep the three pounds off. I know you can do it Melissa, you've already lost more than me. 15 pounds! It's so much. I know it's little in a 141 pounds to loose goal. But to a smaller person, it's a looooooooooot. And also to you. It's a lot better on your knees. It's better whereever you lost it. It's better for breathing at night. I can't wait til I can say I've lost 15 and I'm so proud of you!
Old 04-08-2005, 09:27 PM   #27  
working off those pounds

Thanks , you!!! I'm so glad you decided to come back, by the way....I need to just get serious again...I mean im not eating BADLY..i still stay away from sweets and fast food, i just wasnt counting my calories. it's cause of our birthday, it's hard to get back on track..and you are right about the breathing thing...i get sleep apnea sometimes, adn it's aweful

We can do this together!!
Old 04-08-2005, 09:35 PM   #28  

Yup! Let's get that two pounds! 2 x 2 monday!
Old 04-08-2005, 10:40 PM   #29  

Angry Long rant over stuff no one can help - don't even bother reading!

Well, my week was wonderful. Work today was great. Got everything done that I needed to with time to spare. Today was my 5th aniversary. Everything except for work has sucked. Big time.

First, DH, (who, don't get me wrong, is the most wonderful man in the entire world) didn't even get me a card. I'd told him not to bother with flowers, because we're going to be busy all weekend and then gone on Monday, but I expected a card. But he left it to buy until today and then didn't ever have time to get to the store.

Then we found out that we're going to have to drop $800 having the house sprayed for termites.

Then we were late getting to our SCA event site where we were going to put up our new tent (a medival pavillion we spent $500 on) and we didn't have everything we needed to put it up because Lowes is a worthless store where no one should ever shop. So at 8:30 at night we're at a different hardware store when what we should be doing is snuggling after having had a lovely romantic dinner.

So finally, at 9:00 we ended up eating Long John Silvers, and not even fish because DH ordered chicken, at the kitchen table having given up on all the alternative restaurants because we were too tired and hungry for a 30 minute wait after all this. The only up side is I'm probably OP for the day, but then again, I'm still hungry!

So, my 5th aniversary, which I've looked forward to for a solid week has been the pits and I'm really, really, really not in the mood to do anything other than go to bed and sleep and never wake up.

But wait! I get to get up at 7 a.m. on a SATURDAY in order to dress up in stupid medieval clothes and go back to the stupid event site and put up the stupid tent when what I want to do is sleep in and get up late and have a nice breakfast and get my house clean so my in-laws won't see what I slob I am. But I'll have to squeeze virtually all of that in to Sunday!

Well, at least ranting made me feel better. Now I just have to get thru tomorrow and Sunday and then Monday I'll be on my way to Kansas City to catch my flight to Vegas. But my 5th aniversay, which will never come again, still stunk.

I'm spoiled. I haven't had a single day in five years where I've been disapointed in my husband. And today was the first day and it shouldn't have been.

No one bother to respond to this. I just needed girlfriend's sholders to cry on.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:43 PM   #30  
Dancing those pounds away

Time to move on. We have reached 30 posts ... so it is time to move on to 300+ .. #695. You know the process.....
STOP!!!! Do not post here... come join us in the new thread.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote