Old 03-17-2005, 02:20 PM   #16  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Note to self...do not get all giddy about a HUGE weight loss one week when you went to a morning WI and then get all PO'ed when next week's WI reflects a .1 lb GAIN...

I was sooooooooooooo good this week too. TOM stuck around for far longer than necessary and that could be a part of it but wow...BF had his hands full last night trying to talk me down...I was ready to walk out and just quit.

Dag nabbit...I ate right, drank lots of water, took my vitamins, wrote stuff down, etc. etc. etc....resisted the temptation to get grilled cheese at the Thursday night post-show cast get together, ate no pasta or pizza at the cast party...no alcohol at all...and gained.

Ok...done venting.

Perhaps someone should post a little glossary of our abbreviations and slang..it took me a while to figure some of it out as well.

AI...I think Lindsay, Carrie, Jessica and Mikaela are far less talented than the rest of the girls..and should go. Anthony...same thing. I found it interesting that Bo and Constantine sang songs by the same band...hmmm...confuse the viewing public and boost both of your votes? I still <3 Bo though...so yay for him!

Synn & Shop...it's been nice chatting with you both this week

ARGH...I really don't want to plateau now..I want to lose another 10 lbs. before the wedding which would actually take me to my 10% goal...

Meliss...I know what it's like to get totally shafted at work because of your word against someone else's. I was running a camp program one summer and one of the teens got whiny that I had reprimanded her for something..so she went and told her mom who told my boss who fired me on Friday, after already replacing me and not telling me. There was no prior notice given, I had never been called in for anything negative, and it was just like *BOOM*. Working with children, I know what it's like to have to be on guard all the time. People will believe a child, regardless of how preposterous the allegations are.

OK...off to try to get happy and get over last night's major letdown.

Au revoir mes amies...
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:34 PM   #17  

Julee: Don't worry too much! I bet you'll show that loss you expected next week. Weight is definately funny...not funny ha-ha either. I ate and drank and exercised better last week than this one. And you're right - TOM could have something to do with it! Hang in there!
Lilion
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:43 PM   #18  
Michigan Old-Timer

CONGRATS, Lilion! That's a wonderful loss!

Ok, Julee, here's 2 cents worth for you. You went from a morning WI (not Wisconsin) to an evening WI. BIG difference. If you would stick with the same time to WI, you would have a truer sense of how well you've done. I better there was more of a loss than you think! Don't dispair. It's not worth it. Just keep plugging along doing what you're supposed to.

Running......................But just had to come back and post more St. Paddy's smilies!

thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:58 PM   #19  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

It's been a looooooooooooooong day so far, I haven't been able to leave the house, I'm supposed to be here to answer a call so that I can give my "side" of the story, at this point I have a feeling they won't even be calling. Waiting is sooooo hard because I won't know if I qualify for unemployment for two or three weeks, meanwhile I don't know if I even LOST my job, nor if I should be going out and looking for a temporary replacement.

Lilion: Congrats!! And I did mention my little work episode, but I posted it in the off topic thread so I didn't have to go on about non weight loss related drama.

Julee: Yes, it's definitely a humiliating experience. I too will have to face the music if my client decides to have an "off" day and say that I pulled her hair. She has been known to get confused at times and say things happened that didn't, but I'm not TOO worried.

Thin and Scooter: Thanks for the funny colored defecation stories! :LOL:

IWillBe: I've had those tags removed, I do it myself...I freeze them and then lop them right off, I don't get them on my eyes, I get them around my neck.
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:59 PM   #20  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

Good afternoon ladies! Sorry to be MIA for a few days....been kind of miserable and sleeping a lot. Ahh Celexa!
Anyway, I was bad yesterday and only ate dinner (nothing else all day) But, I felt better this morning when I got right back on plan. SO thus far today I am POP and plan on staying as such until dinner tomorrow (corned beef and cabbage!!) as that is when the family will celebrate its heritage . Everyone is working today so.....

Hope all is well with everyone. Congrats to the losers!!!

Julee~ it was nice talking with you as well!!
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 03:19 PM   #21  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I Can't Keep Up!

Just wanted to stop and say Hi. Things are pretty good OP. Water is very good. Trying for some exercise. Things are busy at work and when I get home I haven't been on the computer. But I love ya all and I'm reading faithfully just no time ........
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 04:47 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by determined to succeed
Good morning ladies!

Bo is still my fav on American Idol. That girl that got voted off last night sure didn't sound good on her final song.

I told DH he can still love his family but his family is not allowed to call here and complain about anything else. They can call and be interested in our lives. They can call and tell us they are okay. But they are not invited over here for anything. I told him he can either lay down the rules or I will and they'll never call again. I feel so free now!

This whole mess has wrecked such havoc on my routine and I'm stalled out on the weight loss because of it. I haven't gained but less than 2 pounds but haven't been getting in my increased cardio like I was doing in days. Feels like months but I know it hasn't been that long. Now maybe I can get back to a normal life.
I like four Bo, and Mikaylah are my favs. Constantine and Scott are my others.

Posted too fast.

My sister reeks havoc on my diet. She calls and dumps every bad thing on me in her life. And Nothing else...no purpose except to vent everybad feeling. It bothers me a lot, to the extent where I stopped answering the phone full stop for two weeks. She's the only reason I've broken my diet so far, really, except for that College Alumni function for the man.

Julee!~Fabulous talking to you as well. It's a nice thing to have a real conversation with someone on here (not that this isn't real).

Scooter! That's so funny, I made green minicheese cakes for Saint Patty's Day 2 years ago.

My latest prank was last Halloween (my guy's birthday) (read: I have no kids...so it's the bf).

I made a kitty litter cake.

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes...ittercake.html

mine ended up looking like this

I stayed up all night making it.
Then I went to bed. Woke up when the man came home. (I went to bed at like 9 am), and went to have a piece....and even though I made it....my eyes and stomach were like...WTF...NO WAY DUDE. But it was delicious. I made it with the recommended spice, and vanilla.

P.S. This cake is NOT good for diets.

Last edited by Shopaholic; 03-17-2005 at 04:56 PM.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 05:03 PM   #23  

Shopaholic: That is possibly the most distubing cake I've ever seen.

Lilion

And How the Heck do you ladies get these big pictures to post???
Old 03-17-2005, 05:10 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilion
Shopaholic: That is possibly the most distubing cake I've ever seen.

Lilion

And How the Heck do you ladies get these big pictures to post???
It was sooooooooooooo good. I have all my images loaded onto a free photobucket account.

if you use the [IMG ] website addresss [/IMG ] it posts. (no extra spaces, only used it so the code would show up) I meant to also mention the reason I was up til so Early is I was up until like 5 or 6 making the cake, and KNEW I would never get up in time to do my boyfriends makeup for his halloween costume.

Yup, he's wearing my clothes.

I'll have to show you all how cute he is outside of Halloween. Err...

I'm thankful for my Jay. *Thankful Thursday*
Old 03-17-2005, 05:36 PM   #25  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Yeah..I know now that the AM/Pm WI thing was a factor. But last week I had no choice...I had a dress rehearsal on Wednesday night..so it was either WI on Thursday morning (the next available time) or not at all...and at this point if I miss a week I will find 10 reasons to miss the following week...we live and learn. But I am back OP today and amazingly did not break down last night and run for the chocolate...I just said stupid things to BF and let him sort out the pieces. He seems to think that when I am in a mood that if he argues with me for long enough that it will change my mind (instead of making me madder). Maybe he is a glutton for punishment. Although he did say something sweet last night...
So we were arguing about something silly and...
BF: This is just one of those things we'll be arguing about till the day we die.
Julee: You think we'll still be talking to each other then?
BF: Yup.

Of course, then I made a smart-*** comment...but hey...that's what I do when the conversation gets too serious.

Shop...Mikaela scares me...she has spider eyes and the biggest lips I have ever seen..and she is 17. If they could work on her makeup a little and give her a more...natural look...I might like her better. He sound has promise but her face...eek!
Constantine needs to do more to differentiate himself from Bo, who is quickly becoming a favorite. Both of them singing songs by the same band was an interesting move.

BTW...for my birthday we went to Stanley's in Sherman Oaks on Ventura. We both got a roasted chicken, salad, steamed veggies and fruit and stayed OP. The portion of chicken was massive...we could have easily shared it...and it was delicious. We're trying now to figure out where to go for our anniversary. Our first date restauarant is Market City Caffe in Burbank...it was also Valentines Day one year and something else too...but there are just too many temptations there...he suggested The Castaway but I don't know. Suggestions?
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 05:56 PM   #26  

OMG THANKS!!!!! I think that's where I'll go for my birthday. Castaways.

If you like fish, there's a place in Glendale called The Rusty Pelican, it's a favorite for prom date dinners. It's expensive and nice....but it's right next door to...IN N OUT and a hospital, wierd placing for it, but looks like a fabulous spot from the freeway.

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE is a place called "The Smokehouse", which is someplace I'd maybe like to go for my birthday...hmmm descisions...so many places.

"The Smokehouse" is located in Burbank on the way to Hollywood on...Barham......actually, I'll look it up. It's real expensive too, from what I remember.

But, I mean, last time I ate there it was a family of four...(2 adults, 2 kids) and it was over $100.

SMOKE HOUSE RESTAURANT
4420 W LAKESIDE DR, BURBANK, CA 91505
Phone: (323) 849-3641

This is the address they have in yellowpages.com I called and confirmed it, yes, that's the right one.

I think I have a tough choice, I completely forgot about Castaway. I'll make the boyfriend choose between the two.

P.S. If you go to Smoke House, you HAVE to order their garlic cheesy bread (if you like that sort of thing) it's a fantastic treat.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:34 PM   #27  

Angry

Shopaholic: Hilta told me to do that on the challenge thread...but I can't get it to upload to the photobucket account either!

Grrr...I'm hopeless with this internet stuff!

Lilion
Old 03-17-2005, 06:45 PM   #28  

Do you have AIM? My name is Coe And Me. You can message me, I can sign into your account and get it to upload and give you the link if you'd like, or tell you why if not.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:18 PM   #29  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Ladies ladies ladies, what's all this talk about junk food about??? Care to explain?? Even that litter box cake looked good (after I looked up the recipe and saw that it was made of cake mix and tootsie rolls!!!)
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 08:18 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 306/261/160

Height: 5ft. 5.5 in

Just wanted to stop and say Happy St Patty's Day. Everybody

have a good evening. Talk to all later.

hilta is offline   Reply With Quote