Old 03-15-2005, 01:30 PM   #1  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#674

COME JOIN US!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:38 PM   #2  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Height: 5'7"

Catherine: how strange that my belly is an organ. Maybe I will become a donor... Also with the strick calories. I have read that going so low in calories it is hard for you brain to function because something like your brain needs 1200 cal to function. Also if you get your calories so low your body goes into starvation mode and saves all you fat for when there is no nutrition available.

I am on MSN messenger and usually on during the day. Sometimes on at night. Loki I was on last night but I didn't see you.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:43 PM   #3  

Hi all...like Terri, I've been AWOL because life's been crazy (though my reasons aren't quite as good as Terri's). Terri, so sorry to hear how stressful things have been. Hang in!!!!

No way I'll catch up on threads any time soon. Today I'm in exile from my office (it's spring break, and they turn off power in our building a few days to save money, sigh)... so I'm using the laptop, which is slow... in my fav coffee shop. I really need to start posting photos in the photo thread.... anyway, I did want to stop by, say I've been maintaining but not losing, and join the next 2x2.

2X2 Challenge 3-14-2005 to 3-28-2005

Thinthinker
Judy
Scooter
MissMeliss
Mamamoo
Terri
Tracy
2cute
Julie
Iwillbe
Shopaholic
MyInnerGoddess
Hilta
JuleeCeeS
Keri (synn)
Angela

I really, really need the boost of MAKING this 2x2. Such a reasonable goal... two little pounds... I've GOT TO DO IT.

Sorry not to reply to others... hope all have been hanging in... I should be back a bit more now.

Last edited by Angela_aka_Alice; 03-15-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:35 PM   #4  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Just doing a quick check in while danielle has her nap! Wow, a new
thread already.

Jill - I forgot to comment this morning, but I'm curious to know how they are
going to find out if your shirt is an actual women's misses size, and not just a
generic s m l xl etc. Seems a bit ****-ish if you ask me :/

Catherine - so you've got it down to a science, huh? I worry about having to do what you did,
having to calculate every little calorie i consume, i've been doing the weight watchers point system
thing, but now i worry that i'm going to really start getting down and dirty with the counting thing.
SO am i correct though, to assume that even though it's coming off slowly, you're still losing weight?

Scooter - yes indeed the belly acts like an organ! That's why roughly 40% of all obese women (including myself)
have a hormonal disorder or some form of insulin resistance most of the time once they lose the belly fat
they become "well" again. Also, it is still unknown if the hormonal imbalances are caused by the stored fat, or vice
versa.

Well i guess that's it for now, Danielle's waking up
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 03:21 PM   #5  

Ack...I'm having a pretty blah day. I had two bagels with chive and onion cream cheese, and turkey. Yummy, but not so great on the no refined carb track. No water today yet either. Does anyone know if being overweight would cause mood swings? I don't have my tom yet because I am still breastfeeding, but I am just feeling low. Oh wel, off to drink some water. Debi
mamamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 03:22 PM   #6  
Leanne

Hi all, quick check in to read before I head off to work! There are so many posts these days I don't have time to write once I've read them all!
About the messenger services - my msn id is msn(at)raina.id.au - replace (a) by @ - and I actually use it for work too (so my students can ask me questions) so I am on it much more frequently than I get to be here!
Have to run.

Leanne
hippygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 03:24 PM   #7  

When I first started my diet, I had these horrible mood swings.....just plain horrible. Well...part of it was eating only 600 or so calories a day. I begrudgingly upped it to 1200-1500 and now I've found out it's supposed to be more than that for my size! Go figure!

But thankfully, I'm not have mini-breakdowns from the mood swings anymore.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 06:55 PM   #8  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Mama~
Yes, being overweight can cause mood swings....but in your case it may also be post-partem depression.
Hope everyone is well....I will check in again later.
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 07:07 PM   #9  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Just stopping in for a quick hello. I'm staying OP. Trying to keep busy so I don't start munching. If my hands aren't busy they might try to reach for snackies. It always amazes me how much I can find to eat when I'm truly not hungry. ..... That's a habit that will take more than six weeks for me to break.

Welcome to our newest members. You'll get lots of support here. To my old friends:
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 07:31 PM   #10  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

MissMeliss- Oh yes, I am one big science experiment. I get science, and when it doesn't work the way my black and white brain thinks, I get vertigo. I am losing inches, but I've lost more weight with a big fart than I have in the last 4 months. I have to weigh and count everything, and am prepared to do so for the rest of my life. You don't get to be 600 lbs. by accident or bad genes. I have Portion Distortion Sydrome and measuring everything is the only known cure, although I am available for scientific experimentation. I think cutting from 6000 calories a day down to 1200 caused brain damage, so you all will have to excuse me from time to time.

Catherine
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 07:45 PM   #11  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Catherine - Well, I've never really done it this conventional way, but I tallyed up my calories for the day and i'm at about 1700, but that's because i had NO idea that the taco salad at Taco Bell is over 500 calories (talk about naive). So am I correct to assume that for someone around my weight, this is ideal for weight loss? I'm still going to do the WW core program TOO because i have PCOS and need to watch my intake of refined sugars.
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 08:22 PM   #12  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Yeah...taco salads are REALLY deceptive....you think you are eating a good thing...BUT...the bowl is a flour tortilla (extra large) fried in some sort of unhealthy oil, the refried beans are full of...something, the beef is not lean and dripping with grease...need I go on? Taco Bell is now offering some items modified (some style) with extra pico de gallo and no cheese and whatnot. Baja Fresh (I think) now has "Bare Burritos" which are bowls of what should be inside the burrito but without the tortilla and some other stuff. You can very easily make a wonderful taco-style salad at home and use black beans or fat-free refried beans and the Morningstar or Boca crumbles. But naturally, a fast food place is not going to have fat free or low fat sour cream or cheese...cause it's not cheap!

Someone was asking about Panera....DWLZ has some of their info listed. In general, they have some wonderful healthy soups and some wonderful soups that are not so healthy..but still wonderful. They do have some wheat breads and stuff like that and they seem to be running a pretty clean ship over there. On their menu, they do list all of the ingredients to their sandwiches and salads and are happy to sub things in and out. As long as you can control yourself and not eat ALL of their amazing bread (very difficult some days) then it's not such a bad place to go.

I've been happy lately getting sashimi instead of sushi when I got for Japanese...but I'm also doing WW Core and not actually counting calories and stuff. I tried doing the actual counting and writing thing once..and nearly went mental over it. We all have our own way that works for us..and that's a good thing! We didn't all gain it the same way, so why should we try to lose it all the same way???

So my dad decided to treat BF and I to a hotel room when we go home for the wedding...we were going to stay at the house in the guest room, but he had won a GC for a free weekend at a hotel nearby and gave it to us..which was very sweet of him. I think we'll ALL be happier this way...LOL.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day...can someone PLEASE be sure to post some sort of AI update....I am at work tonight late and then am going out. ARGH...I could have had tickets for tonight and tomorrow night for AI...but NOOOOOOO...work and WW call. Hopefully in a few weeks

Ciao Bellas!
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 08:59 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuleeCeeS
Someone was asking about Panera....As long as you can control yourself and not eat ALL of their amazing bread (very difficult some days) then it's not such a bad place to go.
Oh it isn't the bread that's the problem with Panera for me...To me, bread is bread, white, wheat, whatever...although I'm partial to sourdough. It's the cookies and scones and rolls and brownies...you get the point.

I was happy to find out that Roly Poly sandwiches are pretty good for WW. Do any of you have them around where you live. They sell wraps of all types and our local one will give you a list with WW points for all their sandwiches! That was what we had for dinner tonight. Yes, I should have had more veggies, but it was yummy!

Today was a pretty good day for being OP. I managed to stay under points and still ate stuff I really like. I even had bacon at breakfast - 2 slices! Weigh in is in two more days! By this time each week I'm chomping at the bit to get to the scale to see if I've lost/gained/whatever. Doesn't help that DH keeps showing me how his belt has gotten bigger...he's two notches down! Damn men and their metabolism. I know for a fact that it'll be 30 lbs or more before my clothes are showing significant differences. The only thing that'll get too big fast is my bra - and that's the one place I really DON'T need to get any smaller!

No one answered my question on the 2x2 and since we're on a different thread now I thought I'd ask again. Since I weigh on Thursdays...should I just go from last Thurs. to the closest to the ending date on the next challenge? I only counted one week this last time, because I don't know what else to do under the circumstances.

Well, I got home yesterday and did battle with ants and got home today to do battle with fleas...hopefully tomorrow I'll actually make it to the Y to sign up and will have a chance to start doing something beside mega-cleaning!

Add me in!
Thinthinker
Judy
Scooter
MissMeliss
Mamamoo
Terri
Tracy
2cute
Julie
Iwillbe
Shopaholic
MyInnerGoddess
Hilta
JuleeCeeS
Keri (synn)
Angela
Lilion

Have a good evening Ladies!

Lilion

Last edited by Lilion; 03-15-2005 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Added myself to the 2x2 challenge!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 09:44 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Hi ladies!

Another OP day! I did some exercise today but not as much as I want to be doing.

I did go out to do a little work with the new babies. Although they are big babies! Very enjoyable.

Lots of PMs today with losses. to everyone. Our tally for the challenge is 42 pounds which puts us at over 200 pounds lost for the group for this year!!!

To all new folks, if you have losses for this year that you would like counted in the overall total, just PM me your number.

Lilion - Sorry, I didn't see your question before! Since we do weigh-ins on Mondays, you can report in your last WI result.

That goes for anyone else too. It doesn't have to be that exact day to be counted. We started doing every other Monday because it was easier to remember when each challenge would end.

About time for bed. Goodnight all!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 11:38 PM   #15  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Talking

Good Evening!

I did really good today. I had a good breakfast and lunch. I went to Cracker Barrel and only ate ONE biscuit with my dinner. And boy was it hard. Especially since my other fellow TOPS members had peanut butter pie!! Oh, it looked yummy but I stood my ground.

Tonight I weighed in and lost 2 lbs! Woohoo! I have 2lbs to lose to get under 300 I cannot wait!! I have been keeping up with my exercise.

Did I mention my family ordered about $60 in girl scout cookies. Those damn things are everywhere. Every cabinet there are some stashed. But I have not had a one. So I am very proud of myself.

Catherine: Do you mind if I mention you in my TOPS group. I am going to be doing contest called Last One Standing. Where you have too keep a complete food journal each week. And if you miss a week you are out of the running. And I was going to tell them how you have kept track of your food through a journal. I think you are very inspirational!! The prize for this game is $50. Hopefully this will motivate people to get motivated. What do you guys think?

Well my dogs are staring at me. Funny how they know when we should be in bed. They are a little spoiled. Abigayle will not let anybody sit in the front sit with me if she gets to go. She always gets shotgun. If somebody sits there she will get out of the car and bark at them till they get out of her seat. (I know I shouldn't let her bully humans but she is my baby)

Well gotta split. Have a good night.

Scooter
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote