Old 12-17-2004, 10:10 PM   #1  
Hang In There

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again #616

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:15 PM   #2  
Hang In There

YEA I've waited months to be able to start a new thread!!!

Don't have a lot to say, I went to grandsons First grade Play, they did A CHRISTMAS CAROL and he was Scrooge, needless to say, he was the best!!!

Been making cookies tonight, unfortunately, I couldn't stay out of them!!!

I have been given 3 boxes of candy already this year, 2 I brought home and put under the tree, but my son wanted some of the box I got today, so I opened it, and yes, I ate a couple of peices. But that's better than the whole box which I really wanted to eat!!!

Old 12-17-2004, 10:59 PM   #3  

That's what I'm afraid of!!!!!!

I usually make cookies for a couple neighbors and a couple guy friends of DH's. We have been so good here about being on SBD, I think if I start making the cookies not only would I eat them, I don't even think they would make it to the oven!!!! LOVES me some raw cookie dough!!!!!

I did buy some SF candies at the market the other day, but I really don't think that would help.

Glad to hear your Grandson was so good, but who would have ever doubted it? With you as his Grandmom, could he possibly be anything but?

Last night DH and I went to his niece's basketball game, the first one ever for me. She is 12 yrs and I was supprised at how much fun it was....I'm not much of a sports fan, so I really didn't know what was going on but hey, it looked like fun. Much better than real sports games on TV that seem to go on forever!!!!

This was only an hour, 15 mins a quarter, are they called quarters in basket ball??????

Anywho, just figured I'd peek around since hubby is asleep infront of TV, (again).

See ya later!

Last edited by SEARCHING4ME; 12-17-2004 at 11:01 PM.
SEARCHING4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 09:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

Well this will be short as I'm off to the inlaws today for Christmas

Terri, I thought your answer was just a guess like mine were. Until you posted it the second time then I realized that it wasn't a guess that you actually knew the answer. I'm sorry.

cd, umm.. I often wonder if I am doing the right thing with dieting and not starving myself. I mean for our sizes we are supposed to eat so many calories just to be able to have our body functions, so I am concerned when the diet says 1500 calories. I do think that you should eat a little more. 1200 is too low in my humble opinion. Like Thin said you should have some protein throughout the day. I have started having a hard boiled egg (just the whites) and fruit and milk, or cheese, and a veg throughout the day. 6 small meals just to keep my metabolism going. I would talk with your doctor about it though. They don't always know best, but you can adjust to do what feels right to you and your body.

BarbPa, glad hubby is ok, and he gets to rest for a good while

Cute, Feel better! I've been married for almost 5 years. My hunny is the best.

BarbG, I loved the springy picture you put at the beginning of this thread, very warming. Glad you put those other boxes of candy under the tree. So is a Star born now in your Grandson? Will we be seeing him on the big screen do you think? I mean is he a natural performer or was he nervous in front of all those people? I know I loved it when I was a kid then as I got older I got more self conscious and hated performing. I even hate singing in front of my husband.

Evilyn, I know how you feel, last night I made rum balls, and well I ate them too.

Everyone, I love you all but my hunny is telling me I have to leave now.

Skitt
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:11 AM   #5  
Tilting at windmills

Hey everyone

I hit my second goal weight of 210, but it was the same day I left to go be with Andria. Now, several buffets later, I dread to step upon a scale *laugh*. We did try to eat pretty responsibly, but we couldn't resist the siren call of the most incredible cheesecake! At least we shared the piece?

If anyone's going to Vegas, we highly recommend the Rio buffets (either of them!). They're a bit on the pricy side, but they are full-on worth it.

Gotta go before Andria figures out what I'm up to *skitters away*
fierum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:51 AM   #6  
Dancing those pounds away

Just a quick hello. I am feeling better today skittles. Still a wee bit queezy but not sick anymore. I am not going to get far from a bathroom though just in case. LOL

Evilyn... I don't think I am going to bake much this year... if at all.
I am weak under temptation and KNOW that I would eat while baking and afterwards.
I believe the slogan...
"If you don't want to slip and fall .... then stay out of slippery places."
Baking is a definitely slippery place for this chick.
I am doing too good to throw it away now. Or even take a chance.

I also got a chuckle from posting while hubby is sleeping on the couch. LOL
I do the same thing.

Barbg... Just jump right in and start the new threads more often. I love it when there is a picture to go with the opening.
I bet your grandson was great at his play. He had a MAJOR role. Did you take any pics? Would love to see them.

Okay.. gotta run. Got online to get an address to mail a christmas card.
I am getting mine in the mail in a half hour.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 11:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

I'll throw in my two cents on the caloric intake. WW has point ranges based on weight. And you're supposed to eat at least the minimum number of points. The more you weigh, the more points you need to eat. The general rule on a point is equal to 50 calories. Also, if you're very active, you should eat more food too. I think the high end of their range is 1900 - depending on the program version.

I agree about the protein. Even vegetarians need to get enough protein in. You should have a small amount at each meal in to help keep blood sugar levels stable for a longer period. One ounce of nuts would give you a boost in calories and good protein. Plus its good nutritionally.

I also agree that 1200 is probably too low but being occassionally at 1800 wouldn't seem worrisome. You can easily boost that number with some higher fat foods - which the body needs - in small amounts.

Skit - No need to apologize. It was funny that I kept saying the answer. Guess I need to be more explicit.

I've made two batches of banana bread which I baked as mini loaves. I have pumpkin bread in the oven now. I'm trying that for the first time this year plus I'm making it in my new mini bundt pan. I saw it at Williams and Sonoma and had to have it. They are different designs instead of just the regular bundt. Very fun.

Now I'm off to either do the espresso chocolate nut thing I want to make or try to find the recipe for the shortbread cookies I saw somewhere in a magazine. Hate when I see something and thing don't tear out the recipe.

Last edited by Terri in MO; 12-18-2004 at 11:10 AM.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 11:18 AM   #8  
Inchworm

Default Taa-dah!!

THEY are finished! all the cards, all the packages mailed!
I have vowed not to mail packages next yeare. If the kids don't come home for Xmas, they get what will fit in an envelope! (which they might like even better) Postage is just too much!!
I have some packages to wrap for under the tree, but am so glad the rest is done, at last!! it is fun getting all your cards, quite a wide spread group!
I started out making a special 3fc card, but quit after one, it was taking too much ink etc. the thought was there, and continued on to the return address labels. they are in the mail today, so you should have them before Xmas, well, all but jenhari and hippygoddess, yours will take longer, further to go! (sorry I'm such a last minute chick!)

BARBG, your graphics are always awesome, I look forward to seeing what you will come up with next. 1st grade plays are fun, aren't they! One of my boys was Rudolph in his play, many yrs ago! he was so cute!. and i was so proud. Just like I know you were of your dgs! No BAH HUMBUG there!

CD, I agre with thin that you need that protein! Not that i should give advice! I know i need to be journaling, and stay around 1600 calories which the dietician for my diabetic counseling said i need to have for my weight.

Mary, I'm looking forward to new recipes! YUM!

BARBPA, CONGRATS on those swimmers! Hope one does it's thing real soon!

2cute, being sick is no way to lose weight!! Glad you are feeling better! and I agree with your 'slippery places' quote! Baking is surely that place for me! I had to make baklava to send to the dgd's, or so I thought! but after paying postqage, I decided maybe sending the recipe would be a lot cheaper next year! and not so dangerous for me! I will have some left for Xmas day, I just need to remember it is for the others, and I don't have to eat it all.

WEll, I have a good start on cleaning, so better get back with it.
:merry:
gmalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 11:40 AM   #9  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Talking Feliz Navidad!!

Hiya wonderful women,

Sorry I have been AWOL for awhile. It's been a crazy week and I have been on the go since Monday and unfortunately, my choices came down to posting or spending some quality time with hubby and kids. Two more days of school, though then VACATION 'til Jan. 3rd!!

Food had been amazing! For some reason, I have just not been hungry! No nasty cravings, either. I made Crockpot Pizza Soup and Taco Rice Skillet last night, the soup is still simmering away in the crockpot. I also made the Pumpkin Mousse with no sugar/no fat vanilla pudding mix...Yummy!! Water has been good, we won't talk about Curves... I am very irritated that I haven't been in almost 2 weeks. Unfortunately, my time crunch gets worse after the holidays, as I am taking a class on Weds. nights. My supervisor at school has been on my case to take some courses, so as long as they are paying for it, what the heck. It should be a good one...it's on Assessment and Instruction in reading. I am slowly coming to the dreadful conclusion that I may need to get my butt out of bed and into Curves at 7 am in the morning because I just can't find the time after school. A BIG ick to that, though, as I am SO not a morning person, plus, I like exercising after work because it helps me unwind and get rid of stress.

Whine, whine...sorry everyone. I am greatly enjoying the holidays this year. I think being back on Paxil is helping. I haven't felt stressed or harried, just busy. We got a real tree this year and it smells SOOOOO good! Our Christmas gifts have been mailed off to N.C. to my folks and to England to DH's family. We have a few more things to get for each other and the kids, then we're done. We have 13 CDs of Christmas music (thanks to my Dad recording them from his collection for us) and have been listening to those. We have candles in the evening as well, so it's so cozy and Christmasy!

I have read everyone's posts and it is so good to hear that everyone seems to be doing well.

Well, I need to run, but I think I'll start the next carol...

"You know Dasher and Dancer...and Prancer and Vixen
Comet and Cupid...and Donner and Blitzen
But do you recall...the most famous reindeer of all.....?????"

(Sing it ladies!!!!! )
eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 12:09 PM   #10  
Dancing those pounds away

Thumbs up

Hip Hip Hooray !!! Someone started a new Carol.

Ruldoph the RED NOSE reindeer...
Had a very shiny nose....

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 12-18-2004 at 12:13 PM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 01:15 PM   #11  
Hang In There

and if you ever say it...
you'd even say it...
GLOWS

I forgot to tell you that when I went to sign in at Nathan's school, the office woman asked if I was Nothan's AUNT must be that hairut huh?
Old 12-18-2004, 01:28 PM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

:sball2: :sball: :sman: :snf::snf: :sman: :sball: :sball2:

You know Dasher and Dancer...and Prancer and Vixen
But do you recall...the most famous reindeer of all.....?????

And if you ever saw it
You would even say it glows....

I had to come back because Barb and I posted the same verse at the same time.
All of the other reindeer
Used to laugh and call him names....

Barbg: I love the Welcome. Like 2cute said, jump in anytime and start the thread. You know 30 is the "guideline", but 28 is fine, and so is 32.

2cute: Glad you're feeling better.

Evilyn: Glad to see you posting more often.

Chris: I just loved reading the part that food has been "AMAZING". That is such a great accomplishment, when we can focus on the rest of our lives and the food just falls right in line.

Terri: I have one of those little bundt pan thingys too. I've never used it. Hope the pumpkin bread turns out fabulous and you share the recipe. hint, hint.

Skittles: Have a safe trip. Merry Christmas!

Joyce: I'm last minute chickie too. I have the picture that I want to send, but just need to run to CVS and get copies. Should have made them the other day when I was out. I still haven't even got the cards signed.

Well, on that note, I think I will get out of here and get something done. #1 Son's car got egged last night so Honey is out trying to get it all cleaned up. The Baby called me last night from Manhattan. He went to Buffalo, NY to pick up his fraternity brother and girlfriend and then they drove to the city for the weekend. They have two fraternity alumni that live around NY city and that's who they're staying with. He thought it was all pretty amazing! I'm glad he has a chance to travel and have some fun. Now if I could just get him to finish his thesis and graduate, I'd really be happy! Unfortuneately, he's a procrastinator like his mom.

Anyway, running..................... Love ya bunches!

:sball2: :sball: :sman: :snf: :snf: :sman: :sball: :sball2:
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 02:14 PM   #13  
I'm on my way!

I've been baking cookies and making candy! For just moving here and not knowing anyone I have so many cookie baskets to make up! Geesh...whats gonna happen when I start making new friends too!! I'm exhausted now. I made cherry-pecan cookies, fudge, chocolate dipped dried apricots, chocolate dipped pretzels, peanut blossoms, and I HAD to make tollhouse chocolate chip cookies for John! And I made a yuletied bar cookie. I need a nap now!

Keep singing...I will join in eventually!
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 06:10 PM   #14  
BELIEVE!

I'm with ya Michelle - I have been baking cookies for 2 days. Ugh! Just a few more batches to go. I love to give goodie baskets to everyone, but always forget how much work it is!
Have a great night!

Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 09:41 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all!

I'm happy to say that my Christmas Cards are finally done and going out tomorrow. The picture isn't the best (but at least you're gettin' one! ) The color is real bad and I'm FAT!!!!

Gotta run. Love ya bunches!

Hey, where are all our singers???? :sman:
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote