Old 10-25-2004, 12:09 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ and Ready To Try Again ... # 585

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 12:18 AM   #2  

Terri .... I see I found the wrong weight loss thingy you were hunting for. Glad you found it.
I will glady testify in your behalf.... You are certainly a lovely lady and Lucky has nothing to fear. LOL

Lucky... I was disappointed you made no mention of my references to the cheesecake. I was sure I would have at least gotten a small smile. LOL

okay... It is late so I am going. I will be looking forward to all the new posts in the morning. Good night all.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Default Desperate Housewives, Red Sox, and so on....

Ok, Desperate Housewives was pretty good last night. Gabrielle keeps having these close calls, you think she would stop. And we finally saw a human side of Bree. And poor Mike, he is not sure what to think of Susan. Now who do you think sent the note. It seems to obvious to be Mike. There is the new family in the neighborhood that we have only seen the kid and mom. I don't know, but this is a great show.

Red Sox are kicking butt. I can only hope that this will happen for the Cubs soon.

Terri, glad to hear you got to take the boat out. And I am sure that you are a wonderful person. Especially since you have animals.

2Cute, isn't cheesecake the bomb. Oh, it just melts in your mouth. I try all different kinds of things in cheesecakes. My favorite is the Andes mint one my hunny makes me. mmmmm I want to try a spam cheesecake I hear that those are fabu. I think everyone who gets a chance to meet you should make you a cheese cake. One of their favorite recipes, that way you get to know them just a little bit better. It's a scientific fact you can tell lots about a person from their cheese cake. So I definitely think Lucky should make you a cheese cake. (Think anyone is buying this?)

Ok as per my usual routine, I woke up late, so off to get ready.

Oh yeah, it's Motivation Monday. Get Moving!

Skit
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 09:48 AM   #4  
a work in progress...

Default G' mornin' chicks!

Well, it's a new week...let's make it a great one!

Yesterday was busy, busy, busy...but doing all the things I love to do. Planting my flowers, cleaning out flower beds, feeding the birds, raking, cutting the grass, getting ready for winter, even planning next year's plantings...just being outside all day long is good. I love the fall.

Go Boston!

Desperate Housewives...I think it's kind of cheesy...whoever missed the first episode would have no problem catching up...they keep beating the dead horse with each character about their quirks.... but I have to admit, I have been sucked in...it's on the TiVo list! Survivor is driving me nuts!!!! What the he!! is up with them voting Lisa off??????? Eliza bugs the CRAP out of me...I wish they'd send her packing!!! Although...by keeping the weaker links around, Amy is only securing her position. There's not a lot of charisma with this crew of castaways. But I still watch faithfully!

Attention, LUCKY~ Terri is a lovely girl, soft spoken and sweet, very nice, you'll like her! Not scary at all!
Was that good, Terri, ma'am?

I plan on making this a totally OP day, how about you?
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 12:37 PM   #5  

Wow... not many here this morning. Glad to see those who are.

Kat... How do you like your TiVo ?? I have thought about that as a Xmas gift for my hubby. What don't you like about it ?? I would love to know the pros and cons.
Skit.... SPAM cheesecake. I don't know about that one.
Thanks for your help in getting Lucky and others to make me my cheesecakes.

Okay... just peeking in.... I need to go DRINK MY WATER !!!!
Old 10-25-2004, 01:08 PM   #6  

Smile

Sorry, 2Cute, I have been behind - never fear I will read, catch up and ZING ya !!!

I too want to know about TiVO...is it worth it? Can it tape a show while you are watching another one?

I don't know Terri, those acclimations about your wonderful, meek and mild personality aren't coming through as sincere???? NOT too many days and I will KNOW myself.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 01:25 PM   #7  
BELIEVE!

Hey Girls!
What's the cheesecake talk??? You have found one of my weaknesses!!! Actually I got a slice with a co-worker last week in MN - it was a little place called "Muddy Paws" anyone heard of it???? Some of the best cheesecake I've ever had. I tried a slice of white chocolate. Yummy!

I too with vouch for Terri and how wonderful she is! I know you gals are going to have a blast! And just think of all the walking exercise you'll be getting!

I'll admit it --- Desperate Housewives has sucked me in. Cheesy - yes! But also entertaining. I didn't really see it last night, but it's recorded on my computer --- my computer is hooked to cable and works very much like TIVO!
Kat - I'm with you on Survivor - what were they thinking??? I haven't gotten quite as attached to this group as others. I'm loving Lost - anyone else watching that one?

Goof off time is over...getting back to work now!
Have a Great Day!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 03:17 PM   #8  
Determined

I too have been sucked into Desperate Housewives! I love the characters - and how oddly enough they seem so realistic at times.

I've been drinking a lot of water and today I made my "healthy food" grocery list for when I get to go (hopefully soon).

I've been trying to entertain the idea of working out very soon and then working out again later tonight.. but it is insanely hard to get motivation.. during that certain time of month - am I the only one who has this problem?!

I was pretty depressed early today (decidely another side affect of that *special time of month*) about my weight, but I wrote about it in my journal and realized that I could get over it.

You know what?! I'm going to work out Now! No If's, Ands, or buts!

See you gals later
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 03:36 PM   #9  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Really tired, but wanted to check in before you all decided I had fallen off the face of the earth.

Just curious, but is anyone else struggling a bit with the shift of seasons and the shift of foods that go along with it? I just wasn't ready for it, I suppose, and had the worst time eating this last week. I wasn't eating things off plan or anything, I plain old wasn't eating and really had to think about it. Along with that goes my water consumption. As soon as things cool off, I struggle to get in enough water. Anyway, wondering if anyone else has this problem, or if it is my own special weirdness.

Ok, heading to bed now. One more shift to go!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 04:04 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

Thumbs up TiVo...

Let me just say for the record...I TiVo!!! I can't think of any cons. I didn't know how much it cost...had to ask dh. He said you can do it different ways, but he bought the receiver for about $250.00. I can't compare prices because I have no idea what VCRs go for anymore and aren't they almost obsolete anyway? Anyway, I love it! You can program a standing time/day of week to record...record more than one show at a time, watch one channel while taping another, rewind regular TV in case you missed something...so much more I'm sure I have no clue about. All I know is I can watch what I want when I want, commercial free, no tapes to mess with...I find myself trying to FF through commercials when watching regular TV. Spoiled! Love it! I don't know how much can be programmed at once, but we have an awful lot on there...I can't wait til the Sopranos start their regular season again...they're a biggie on my list.

Homework time, gotta run...
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 04:14 PM   #11  

Kat... that has to be a misprint. I always heard TiVO is VERY expensive to buy... and then you also have to pay a monthly service price too. I always heard it was $$$$ but worth it if you can afford it. ????? I hope you are right and everything else I heard wrong. How long have you had yours?

And as for VHS being obsolete....
they may be... but that is all I have. LOL
I don't even have a dvd player.
But then... I am obsolete too.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 10-25-2004 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:46 PM   #12  
Determined

Woot! I worked out I love when I post it here and I go and do it, I think I just need that reminder that if I already posted it - and don't do it, then its like lying.. and that encourages me to get it done.

Feels great

Andria - I kinda understand. When it started getting cooler I stopped drinking much at all, I'm pretty much forcing myself not to die of thirst. I just don't get as thirsty. It is especially hard with water because in these cool weathers you want something nice and warm.

Oh jeez, saying that makes me get excited about the cooler weathers to come! It doesn't get too cold in Florida.. .but I get to make home made cider this year and I'm going to attempt to make a healthy treat for thanksgiving and Christmas I want to surprise my family with healthy yummy food!
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 05:49 PM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Trying to get in here quick before my Honey gets home and my evening begins. I bought a couple of roteisserie chickens at my supermarket shop today and I'm going to make some rice, a salad, and green beans to go with it for dinner. I love roteisserie chicken.

The "baby" has gotten home from work and has gone out to play racketball. He does that on Monday and Wednesdays right after work.

Today was #1 Son's day off so he's been mowing the lawn and doing some of his own errands. He's on the lookout for the new Vice City game that's out this week for the PS2. He can't wait. He called Best Buy and they expected it in on their 4:00 truck this afternoon so he'll be running out momentarily to see if it came in. Boys!

I procrastinated all morning and didn't leave the house until noon. Consequently, I didn't get as many jobs done as I would have liked. That's the pitts, just makes the rest of my days this week more jammed up. You'd think I would learn.

2cute: I loved the piece on Attitude.

Terri: Glad you had a nice day yesterday and got in both the boat ride AND the horseback riding.

Lucky: "FYI I always us Post Reply" well, honey, I'm at a total loss at what your problem is! Must just be YOU!!! * BTW, Terri is just wonderful in person.....much different than she appears here! Kidding, Terri, kidding!

Chris: I'm not sure I'm the "Queen" of anything. But thanks!

CD: Good job getting the workout in!

Skittles: No problem with the mix-up. I was just WISHING I was the one who went to Olive Garden!

Debra: How did the trip to the "Y" go? Did you find the programs you need?

BarbPA: Off galivanting again? Geez, you're going to be know as the world traveller. Have a safe trip.

Katrina: Sounds like you had a very busy Sunday! Now that you're done with your yard work, you can come and do mine since you like that kind of stuff so much! I'm glad you talked about the TiVo. I've been thinking about it as a family Christmas gift myself. We've become very spoiled by taping stuff as we fast-forward through all the commercials too. The only trouble is that we've got 3 vcr's going most of the time.

Andria: Yes, I think you've hit it. The change of seasons does seem to play with us, doesn't it. I'm not drinking nearly enough water.

Well, I'm happy to say that the Detroit area actually got to see the sun :sun: for a few hours today and it got to 62! WooHoo. I could live with days like this. It had been soooo grey for almost 2 weeks.

Gonna run. Honey is home and I've got to get dinner going. Love ya bunches!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 09:33 PM   #14  

Wink

2Cute
Quote:
Attention, LUCKY~ Terri is a lovely girl, soft spoken and sweet, very nice, you'll like her! Not scary at all!
Haven’t any of you watched the Godfather movies? The “Don's” are all quiet and talk softly too – AS THEY ORDER PEOPLE KILLED.

Maybe instead of the name should be "Don" Terri?????

8:30PM and I haven't had dinner yet. Off to get stuff ready for work tomorrow.

LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 09:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Well, I'm a nice, quiet person until you make me mad.

Case in point. I told a VP today, who is head of a project board that I'm a member of, that I am entitled to my own opinion, that I stand by my opinion, that I won't change my opinion, and that I resented it totally to have someone insinuate that my opinion was not right and to be pressured to change.

Careful Lucky.

BAH! HAHAHAHAHAH!

Okay, I'm off to walk the dog. I've already done the 2 mile WATP tonight. After crawling around on the boat cleaning it and putting the cover on.

I ROCK!

BAH! HAHAHAHHAHAH! Because that was so much fun the first time.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote