Old 09-19-2004, 09:13 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Wow, where is everyone? Whining not allowed so everyone disappeared?

CD -
Quote:
I just completely lose track of time and motivation escapes me. But I'm going to hopefully work out as soon as I finish this
No more "hopefully". Make it a priority. Set time that is your most constant time and don't do anything else at that time until you have done your exercise.

And get your eating back in line. Make a plan of what you'll eat each day and stick to your plan. Plan every move and every morsel and stick to it!

Lucky - Gosh, I'm really sweet in person. I'm very sorry to hear about your sister. I will add her to my prayers. And you too! Exercise will help with the emotions and give you strength.

Thin - Where are you? You posted what was in your heart and you've had a lot of supportive responses. We love ya so get back in here.

Let's see some encouraging, CAN DO, WILL DO, DONE IT posts today. Let's not be boring.

I'm off to finish catching up on bill stuff before I try to reload XP on my laptop and see if that cures its problems. This is a bit terrifying because I don't want to screw it up. Holding my breath......
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 10:10 AM   #17  
a work in progress...

Cool It's a bee-yoo-ti-ful day!

A little chilly...only 53 degrees and windy, but the sun is shining! Great day for football.

So, uh...WHERE THE HECK DID EVERYONE GO? We had a flurry of inspiration and soul searching there...and *poof!* Gone! Oh, I get it...you're all out, pounding the pavements, riding your bikes, doing your exercise videos, hitting the gym....Okay, that's good! Just pop back in every once in a while and let us know what you're up to.

I have to drop my son off for his game at 10:45. They don't start til noon, so I'm going for a good long walk with the dog in the meantime.

See you later...
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 10:51 AM   #18  

I'm back.

I just finished doing two pilates workouts. One for the back and one for the buns & thighs. I didn't realize how I've not been doing enough of that. I needed to break those muscles free from tightness. Just goes to remind me how variety of workouts is so important. And how important stretching and toning is to the overall fitness level.

Now, I'm off to ride Ginger. I also want to get a bike ride in this afternoon. Kat, you should get in a bike ride too.

And I'm going to get menu's and food planned.

And the CHIEFS! game is on too.

No rest for the wicked. Or the determined.

Make it a great day!
Old 09-19-2004, 11:47 AM   #19  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Post The Truth Shall Set You Free

Well, damn.

If this hasn't been the best *** whoopin' thread I've ever read in my life. I wish I had some more words of wisdom to add to this, but everyone else has pretty much verbalized every thought and feeling I have ever had regarding food, dieting, exercising, attitude, losing weight, excuses....on and on and on. However, me being me, I'll try to add a few cent's worth.

Thin, I am very proud of you for being able to vent all that negative crap. We all think it and live it on a daily basis, in one way or another, in varying degrees. Otherwise we wouldn't be here. Confucius once said, "Our greatest glory is not in never falling. It is in rising every time we fall." I have taken this saying to heart because I have fallen so many damned times in this lifelong yo-yoing of my weight and dealing with food addiction. No matter how depressed/in a funk/angry and full of despair any of us may feel at any time about our struggles, ANY time we get up, dust ourselves off and try again is a small skirmish won in our war.

Food addiction is the worst addiction to deal with in life. What the smokers, alcoholics and drug addicts go through, while I feel for them in many ways, they don't need cigarettes, alcohol or drugs to live. We have to have food. So we don't get to to quit cold turkey. For their addictions, the medical establishment bends over backwards to help them kick them. For us, we are told to "Get self-control already!" What I want to know is, where the heck's my methadone clinic equivalent for getting off junk food addiction??!!

There is none. That is why we are here. Together. To support each other. Because having to control an addiction to food is unlike any other substance abuse addiction on the face of the earth. We can't kick the habit of eating, become sober and abstain from eating or go to a rehab clinic to get food out of our system. We HAVE to live with our addiction, not kick it. That is harder than anyone not addicted to food will ever understand.

So here's to all of us. Rising every time we fall, dusting ourselves off and recommitting to eating healthy and exercising each day. I say, way to go ladies.

TTFN

Chris

eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 11:50 AM   #20  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Previous Message

Hi again,

I copied this post from Thin's "Big Whine" thread and put it in here too because I wasn't sure if it would be read in the other one, since I responded so late. Thanks for understanding! I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

TTFN
eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 03:02 PM   #21  

eddies heart AMEN well said. pat
paperdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 03:17 PM   #22  

Smile

Fear of Terri got me to get to exercising!

I did extra today to make up for missing the last three days.

Now I am off to call my sister and then have some tomatoes with cottage cheese.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 05:22 PM   #23  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Greetings and Salutations,

For the first time in ages my knees didn't hurt this morning so I walked. Not far, a mile maybe .... but I did it.
They're sore now though.

So far it's been an O.P. day for me. Just that little bit of exercise makes me feel successful. Hey, if I can do a little every day we all can.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 05:29 PM   #24  

to those who exercised!

I've been checking out the Skinny Daily Post. What a cool website!

I'm off to the bike.

ttfn!
Old 09-19-2004, 06:35 PM   #25  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies! I'm here. Just stayed away from the computer most of the weekend. Yesterday DH and I ran errands in the pouring ran. Today has been quiet around the house - just cleaning and putzing around. Food has been pretty good. Yesterday and today didn't hold much exercise, but I still have this evening and tomorrow night I have 2 sessions at the gym - meeting w/ a personal trainer and doing my water aerobics!

I love the enthusiasm, reflection, ***-kicking,etc. going on around here! We all need it!

I love all you gals!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 06:35 PM   #26  
Lisa

Wink I'm Back!

The wedding was okay - we had a nice time as a family at the hotel. My brother and his family stayed at the same place, so the kids got to play and have a blast. Isaac had so much fun swimming! I bought him a little life jacket and he went crazy jumping in the pool. It was sooooo cute!

Then, at the wedding my oldest daughter "hooked" up with another teenager - a boy (of course) and hung out with him all night. Too funny - then he had called here today to talk to her before we were even home!

Took the girls to MOA today shopping - was fun, but I'm tired now. It's about a 90 minute drive home from there, so after shopping and having lunch and then the drive . . .

Lucky - tomatoes YUM! and cottage cheese? EEEEEWWWWW!!!! (I had to put that in ). At least you're eating something healthy. And, hugs and prayers to you and your sister.

What awesome posts there have been over the last couple of days. I'll fess up and say that I ate horribly this weekend, but not any more. Like everyone says, one meal, one snack at a time. Need to get my butt in gear to make it for the 2lb challenge.

Kat - you're right, looking back isn't going to change anything if you're going to beat yourself up about it. The only good it can have is realizing the mistakes and making it a goal to not repeat them. And the post from small steps, I'm going to have to look that one up on a daily basis - wow.

J-Ann - you are so right! I have a problem (a big one!) with that too. At least we know that we'll get the truth here!

Terri - hope your headache went away. I think it would be a blast to get together, even if just for lunch

cd - you go girl!

BarbPA - piano playing did okay. Screwed up a whole bunch during the rehearsal Friday night, but I was having to cut & add lines & bars because I haven't ever been in that church so didn't know how long to play for the Processional. Anyway, after they started (about 30 minutes late!) it went fine. How did your phone call go???

To everyone else that i have missed, "HI" have a beautiful Sunday evening - I have to go make supper now. Love and hugs to all!!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 07:53 PM   #27  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

You know, after reading the posts for the last couple of days, I got on the phone with my Tony and thanked him profusely for some of the hard things he has had to say to me recently. I also wanted to thank those of you who didn't baby me through my tough time. Yes, I wanted everyone to say that it was okay to be depressed and eat my way out of it. I was hurt and had suffered a huge disappointment, and that is how you handle those sorts of things. This is such a perfect example of the WRONG THINKING that I've used to get me here!!!

I'm here to tell you that being on the other side of that thinking feels better. It hurt to listen to those words and take them to heart instead of blowing them off by saying that no one really understands what I'm going through. All of you know exactly what I'm going through. I can't use that as an excuse.

I'm back to losing weight again, even though I can't get up and do all the exercise. It is slower. That will probably drive me nuts after a while. But, the RIGHT THINKING is that it is a loss, and any loss is acceptable.

I have been thinking a lot about people like Pam lately. She buckled down, had fixed the wrong thinking in her head, and was losing slowly and steadily. Her weight loss had added up to something really significant after just a few months, and that whole time she was losing, I had been whining and unwilling to do my own work. I think I lost the better part of a year in that down on myself mode. Well, I'm not willing to live like that any more. There is an awful lot of living that I have talked about doing for a long time. I'm at a total crossroads in my life, and the choices I make today and tomorrow and next week are going to determine the rest of my life and how well I am able to live it.

I am more determined than ever to make this happen, and I am more than willing to help anyone else with whatever it takes to get them motivated to do the same. I love you all too much to see you in pain. I love you all too much to not point out the wrong thinking any longer. Please, oh please, love me enough to do the same for me.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 07:48 AM   #28  
a work in progress...

Quote:
I love you all too much to not point out the wrong thinking any longer. Please, oh please, love me enough to do the same for me.
Wow. Great post, Andria! It's true, we've become each other's enablers lately...time to get real, as Dr Phil would say! right, Lucky? I challenge anyone and everyone to point out my wrong thinking...please! Just know that I will do the same for YOU!! Sometimes I will see something posted that is blatantly incongruous with weight loss, but I think, "well, who am I to say?" If I was such an expert, would I be where I am today?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We're ALL experts on dieting. We all KNOW what to do. Most of us have been on diets, of one form or another, our whole lives. Let's put that knowledge into action and JUST DO IT!

cue the theme from "Rocky..."

katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 07:57 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Default 21-10 Oh Yeah!!

First off I have to say this..

Bears Won in Packer territory 21-10!!!!
Woo Hoo!
Ok now that I have gotten that off my chest, this is going to be a great week. There may be a lot of people off this week, and it may be hectic, but it is going to be a great week. If the Bears can do it, So can I.
Doc appointment was ok, he said not to worry about not having a monthly visit sometimes, he said the meds were doing their job. I have to make a few changes in my diet, such as "Drink more water" and "eat more fiber" But if I still have the pain he may have me have a cat scan, of my lower abdomen. I just think that I am over reacting to every little thing in my body right now. With having two surgeries in a year one is bound to have a little tenderness and weird feelings in the area that has been invaded twice. So I am not going to think on it.
On another note, I have been off caffeine for I think for days now. I get headaches and I take an excedrin migraine pill once a day when it gets really bad. That has 65 mg of caffeine in it. It is getting later and later in the day that I start to get the headache so hopefully by the end of the week I won't have the headaches at all anymore.
Went to Half Price Books this weekend, they were having a sale. I got a Dr. Phil book for $1.60. And I got a "Walk off the weight" video for a $1. It is for 1 mile and has something about abs on it. Since cd expressed how much she enjoyed doing it I thought a buck would be worth it.
Chris, I loved your post. I completely agree. There is not a lot of help out there on the medical front to help with food addiction. But I think insurance companies are starting to do a little bit about it. I mean, just think of all of the money that would be saved if there was a way to help cure this addiction. Being over weight causes many health problems that we have to see the doctor more often then the average person. The whole problem with food though, is that it tastes so darn good. Maybe if we could have our taste buds removed... Just a thought.
Andria, we will keep ya on track, don't you worry.
I have more personal responses to write, but I have to get to work early today.
On that note, it is Motivational Monday. So get in groove and Move, MOVE, MOOOOVE!!!! Let's get that heart to pump! Come on and shake that rump! Walk and run or jump! Grab a friend and do the Bump! There is no magic potion! Just get your body in motion! Just Move it! Just Moove it!
Ok, so I won't be making it as a rapper.
Skittles
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 07:59 AM   #30  

Good lord,

Way too early for Kat all revved up.

But I'm up and just finished my pilates workout. With that done, I get to post. No more posting until the exercise is done.

I loved your post Andria.

Its Motivation Monday. What's to say that hasn't been said over the past couple of days and what Kat posted this morning? If you're in a funk, you have to find the way out yourself. We're here to help you get healthy; not enable you to stay fat. But you have to take the steps. So, let's take the steps together. No one cares how fast you lose or your level of exercise that you can do. No one should feel they are being left behind. If you are, then jump in and do anything that you can.

Speaking of "GOOD LORD", I just saw a segment on the news about an artist in England who just spent a week wrapped in celophane and slithering in and out of mud holes. He was living life as an earthworm to explore humanity. Next he will be an insect.

Anyway, make today a great, changing day! Break the funk, take positive steps.