Old 06-22-2004, 07:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#539

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 09:17 AM   #2  

Smile

At work and shouldn't be here but wanted to Congratulate Terri's hubby's horse purchase. Be sure to post a picture when you can.

Later.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 09:48 AM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! I really shouldn't be here because I'm supposed to be getting my butt out the door, but I couldn't resist. I really have not fallen off the face of the earth, just the same old story: busy, busy, busy.

I got myself a new gig yesterday. I think I'm going to be pretty happy with it. It's surveying fast food restaurants (thank God I don't have to EAT the food!). What it entails is weighing and measuring the products, testing for carbination in the pop, and taking a couple of digital pics of the property and receipt. Pays $10 each location. Takes about 1/2 an hour. You do the whole thing in your car, so no reports to write up when you get home. I'm going to have a 32 store territory that needs to be done each month, so that will mean $320 coming in monthly. Nice chunk of change.

They're providing all the equipment: hand held computer, digital camera, thermometer, watch with lap counter, and a thing to measure the carbination in sodas.

I met with the guy yesterday and we did two shops just so I could see how long they take. We're meeting again today to do 4 more so that I can get the feel of it for real. I think it will be good. Actually, I think maybe it will change my life some as I won't have to go "hunting" for shops as much to make my bills, I'll have these "guaranteed" each month. Also I won't have to stay up until all hours of the night trying to get paperwork done. Should be a real plus!!!

On the weightloss front, I am down a half a pound. Not anything too serious, but being on the go doesn't help much. I just need to sit down and plan. Also need to do some cooking at home. THAT would really help the effort. By way of planning, I did stop at the fruit market yesterday on the way home and loaded up with plenty of good stuff.

On the exercise front, I AM in and out of my car alot these days but I'm sure that doesn't count. Once I get this new gig up and running, I think I will be able to work back into a Curves routine a couple of times a month. I like the NO PAPERWORK idea. I'll still have other jobs that I fit in here and there that will need some paperwork, but for the most part, this new gig will take over a big chunk of the money I need to make every month.

Can't stay long, but:

2cute: Welcome back!

Lumpy Shadow: Welcome. I hope you got my PM.

Scooter: Welcome to you too. And ditto on the PM.

Lucky: Glad you back to the land of the living.

Terri: WOW, hubby didn't want to be left out. Good for him. I can see you both trotting off into the sunset.

Michelle: Good to see you.

Katrina: You're another one with a busy life!

BarbPA: Glad you're getting in on this next go-round of IVF. It's a shame you had to threaten the Dr. with leaving to get him to work with you.

Barbg: Hope you've gotten all your storm damage cleaned up and are on the road again.

I hope I didn't miss anyone, it was not my intention. I was trying to do names by memory. I have been here reading everyday, but once I read, then I haven't had time to post.

I have two favors to ask. If any of you have any Healthy Choice products and you're not going to use the UPC's, could you think about sending them to me? I need them by July 15th.

And this one is probably mostly for you gals west of the Mississippi: If you happen to come across Michigan quarters that have a "D" on the front, I need 6 of those. I will be more than happy to pay you for them, we just have trouble getting the ones from the Denver mint over here.

Gotta run. Curling iron is waiting. Love ya bunches.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 09:58 AM   #4  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls!!! I miss you all!! I've been working 60-70 hours a week so that I can pay the bills. It stinks, I got a new car and that's another 400 dollars a month (including insurance).

Wish I had some spending money...so...I'm already applying for higher end jobs within the organization. I also sent out a resume for a job as a case manager. Hopefully now that I have a few months of experience in this VERY LOW PAYING ENTRY LEVEL position, they'll consider me more seriously.

Weight has been good..been stable!! Wa hoo!!! I finally got on a scale that measures me....I weighed in at about 325 (EEEP!!!!)

I feel better now, knowing I can face teh weight and that I have a firm grasp on it...my clothes are feeling baggier so I know the inches are coming off (if not the pounds).

My goal this week is to come in here each night and catch up with you girls because without you all, I always seem to stray *sniff*..I've been writing down what I eat though..I carry a notebook with me and keep track of it ALL.

I need to cut back now...I'll be back tonight *crosses fingers*
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 09:59 AM   #5  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning!
Shouldn't be goofing off at work, so just a quickie post! I am meeting with my boss today to find out my annual raise/bonus. I don't expect much this year but a little bit would be nice. I'm not going to complain about whatever it is because they have been so flexible with my work at home schedule and working around all my medical stuff.

Terri - Congrats to you and hubby on the new horse! Have fun together!

Thin - Congrats on the new job!

2Cute - Glad to hear you are back in your own home and sis is doing much better!

Lucky - It's so good to see you around frequently these days! I still love

Michelle - whew....you wear me out!

Barbg - When is your trip to PA? I hope you got my e-mail with some info - sorry I couldn't be more of a help on that area.

Kat - Enjoying the beautiful weather we are having????

Syn - How are you?

I know that's not everyone, but I am in a rush.....Joanne(s), Pat, Lumpy, Melissa, Scooter, Blue, Ingrid, Who else??? Brain freeze....Gotta run!

Love Ya'll!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:06 AM   #6  
BELIEVE!

Hi Melissa!
We were posting at the same time. It's good to see you popping in!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:21 AM   #7  
a work in progress...

Default hey there...

Well, I'm just back from the gym. Hubby called me from work last nght (he was already at his job, I was getting ready to go to mine...he said, why don't
you meet me at the gym in the morning? How cute! A gym date! i was thrilled because he hasn't been there in ages. I'm at least sporadic with my gym visits...by the time I got there, he had already worked out and was in the pool. I didn't know we were swimming too!! This is big.

My computer is acting really weird...I'll be back later...just wanted to get a post in...so much I want to say, but can't!!!!

frustrating....
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:25 AM   #8  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Good Morning everyone!

I am having a pretty good day. Tonight I weigh in at TOPS so I will let yall know how I did when I get home. Everything is going pretty good right now. I did have nachos at a Softball game last night. oops But if it helps they made me sick of course just about everything makes me sick but after thursday hopefully it will all go away. Well I better get back to work. I hope yall have a good day. Don't work too hard!

Scooter
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 02:16 PM   #9  

Question

The good new today is I got a 20% raise the bad news is they want me to learn another job so I can do mine and help with that one.

I don't have much choice because I don't want to leave here but I am not really happy about it yet either.

This kinda goes along with our Dr. Phil thread but - I am sharing here anyway. I got rave reviews from my boss but, all I keep thinking is "boy is he dumb". I only see all the places I have to improve. I just thought I would share since most of you helped me get this job a year ago with your prayers and because I wonder how you all feel about praise? Do you accept it? Believe it?

I never feel I am good enough. I was actually thinking - maybe they are going to fire me - was I SHOCKED.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:24 PM   #10  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

CONGRATS Lady Bug!

Don't be so down on your self. I had the exact same thing happen to me. At first you want to scream and run away but you will get the hang of it. I was happy about my raise but not the extra responsibility. But I have gotten that hang of it. You can too!

I can't remember who want the Healthy choice Labels but I eat them for lunch and I am keeping them in my desk. Just remind be to mail them before July 12.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Scoot
Old 06-22-2004, 05:48 PM   #11  

Smile

I have been sick to my stomach all afternoon. I hope tomorrow brings more peace for me.

Scooter I don't look at this as good. I will be getting more work but the job is one that is at a lower level than the one I do now. My fear is they will "push" me into that position and I will lose this one. This position is much more challanging, fun and I have a lot of freedom. Probably why I am not liking this change (2Cute help!!!! there is that awful word). Due to the Irag situation and our govenor here's decision we are having a slow down which will probably take 6 months to a year to recover from. I know, I know - I have a job and leaning something new can't hurt me but still - you all know I don't like change and I am losing control. DEEP BREATH!!!!

I suppose I should get off the computer or I won't have any job.

Later.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:55 PM   #12  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

I can see you concern. Tomorrow will be a better. Even though it doesn't look promising today. I will be praying for you and hope everything turns out in the end. If it gets on you nerves just vent your frustrations here!
Old 06-22-2004, 07:15 PM   #13  
You and Me in 2003

I'm still here in Library land don't forget me.
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:51 PM   #14  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Lots of interesting and positive things going on around here!

Lucky, congratulations on that raise! I can see why it makes you nervous at the same time, but I also see it as being a huge vote of confidence in you and your abilities. Take the praise at face value. Heck, print out some of the phrases your boss used and post them up where you can see them each morning. That would be quite the ego boost every day.

Kat, the gym date really does sound adorable! Think what a great example that must be for your kids.

BarbPA, good luck on that raise, girl!

Melissa, good for you, finding a scale and facing reality! Sorry you are working such long hours. I feel for you, I really do. In other words, been there, still doing that!

Thin, Congrats on the 1/2 lb. down, and Wahoo for you on getting the new job! It does sound a lot easier than what you have been doing, especially on the paperwork end of things. I do hope it gives you more time for yourself. I want someone to compare Curves notes with again!

Terri, my image was so close to Thin's, you and DH riding off into the sunset together. This can only be a good thing.

Scooter, I'd love to hear about your TOPS meeting. A lady I work out with was raving about them just the other day and asked me to go with her if she can find a close meeting.

I've got to get out of here and get some dinner made then get some rest. It has been too long since I last slept! Sorry for anyone I missed. I just tried to catch everyone on this thread so far.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 09:22 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Hi ladies,

Not much time. DH and I just got back from our first riding experience together. My gosh, it was stressful. As I've said before, DH has neuropathy in his legs so its hard for him to know where his feet are, move them around on his own, lift his legs, etc. So he can't put his foot in the stirrup and step up and throw a leg over on his own. So he got up on the back of the truck to get on. Thank God for the grizzlefart cowboy because he helped us. DH panicked a few times because it was so unsettling to him about his legs and felt like he had no control of his body. And so very frustrating for him because he used to ride all the time many years ago. But grizzle helped him settle down and walked around with him a few minutes. Then helped me get on Ginger and bless her heart, she behaved tonight. We just rode around and around in the arena area. Grizzlefart gave me some pointers on how to show Ginger that some of her behavior is not what I want and that I don't care what she wants. Then we had to figure out how to get DH off his horse which we did. He was so stressed and anxious, I really felt for him. But I kept talking to him that he just didn't try but he DID it and that to remember that paralyzed folks ride and we'll figure out for him. But he's got to relax. He even did 20 minutes on the stationary bike today because he wants to do this and knows he's got to get his legs stronger. I'm so proud of him, happy for him, and relieved that he's in one piece. What a night!

On a healthy lifestyle front, food has been good this week. We rode bikes this morning for 40 minutes.

DH has dinner ready. Crock-pot chicken and a salad. Yumm!

Thin for your new job and your loss!!!!

Lucky - Congrats on the raise and sorry that the job is going in a direction you're not happy about.

Kat - Good deal about your gym date. How fun is that? What a dude DH.

Andria - Get some sleep!!!

Scooter - Good luck with the weigh-in.

Barb - Hope the raise thing went well.

Meliss - Good to see you too.

Mary - HI!

I'm wiped out and braindead now. Have a great evening!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote