Old 06-01-2004, 01:01 PM   #16  

Post hello

well i am back my computer pooped out on me thurs, had to get a new cd rom drive then the wonderful people at dell got me back. don't understand these computers but i could not even get on my windows. my computer is 6 years old and dell has wonderful support.
enough of that i have been op for 2 days now. feels good.
it has been raining almost steady here since last fri. we need some sun.
terri my sister is moving to the springfield area. they were down looking for a house this weekend'
2 cute prayers for sis and hugs for you!
everone else have a good week. pat
paperdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:09 PM   #17  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

holy crap where is everyone? i have a hard time believing no one posted between now and last night when i was here!
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:12 PM   #18  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

2cute,you and yours are in my prayers.

VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:33 AM   #19  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! WOW, I expected the weekend to be slow, but WAKE UP, it's TUESDAY (well, now it's WEDNESDAY!) Where is everyone?

I tried really hard to do well today, but that didn't happen. I'm the only one to blame. My head wasn't in the right place. Tomorrow (today) will be better. I'm sitting here trying to finish up my last glass of water before I go to bed, but you know what THAT means! I'll be up every hour! Oh well, each time I get up, I'll just repeat to myself "one more pound, there goes one more pound!"

Pat: Good to see you checking in. Good to hear the Dell provides such good customer service. That's what it's all about.

Melissa: Pat posted since you were here last night. Hey, I gotta tell ya, I got a "safety" letter from MCA today and it reminded me that I was going to call the home office and complain about Anne. So I did and they gave me her district manager's name and number. So I phoned her and I actually got a "live" body on the other end of the phone. Well, I told her that I really like the jobs I get from MCA, but that there is no communication at all from Anne. That I have left phone messages and sent e-mails with no communication back. I told her that I had someone else I was talking to from the east that had some of the same complaints. Anyway, she said if you wanted to talk to her about Anne that I should give you her phone number. If you're interested, let me know. I would still like to get some work from MCA. Their jobs are fairly easy and don't pay THAT bad!!!

Ok, the rest of yas (that's plural for you alls ), I started the Dr. Phil Chapter 5 on Monday night and no one has posted to it. Needed it really bad, eh??? Just kidding you guys, but it is really, really slow around here. I know 2cute and BarbPA are out of town, but geez. I would like to have someone to talk to.

I'm running to bed. Got an early call in the morning. See you all later. Love ya bunches.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:59 AM   #20  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Ok, I have a great excuse to not have posted. I was working! Monday I work the night job for 10 hours, then I come home, sleep for an hour, get up and drive the 45 minutes to my other job and spend the next 5 hours there. I still managed to get my Curves in, and when I was driving home, my neighbor was just setting out to walk with her munchkins. She stopped and waited for me, and we walked a good mile and did a lot of chatting.

I'm seriously wilting on the vine here, but did want to check in with you all.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 07:53 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

It has gotten very slow around here and its hard to maintain enthusiasm. We need to whip up POSITIVE, CAN DO, WIll DO, NO WHINING attitudes. We need to support one another not enable. When several of us are down, it tends to take others with us. We need to be cheering each other on and lately that tends to get missed. Everytime you succumb to food, just put the thought in your brain that you could have exhibited control and said no. That you do have the power to plan your food and stick to your plan. Then next time, just say NO! As Dr Phil says, everytime you allow yourself to binge and not exercise, that you are not requiring enough of yourself. It's time to require enough of yourself to put your health first!

Thin, I've started on the next chapter of Dr. Phil, Healing Emotions, just haven't had the time or initiative to post. We were gung ho for awhile but like our food plans and exercise, its easy to slack off on working on mental selves. Come on ladies, no more slacking!

Andria - for still going to Curves and working your plan. Also a belated for your 4.5 pounds gone. Keep up the good work!

Make this day a postive day!

Last edited by Terri in MO; 06-02-2004 at 08:00 AM.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 08:26 AM   #22  
Lisa

Good morning all! I'm finally able to sit down for a few minutes & read/post. We came home from camping a day early - it was WET! Still had a pretty good time. Each time we go camping we have a camping "story," well, here's this years:

We left Wednesday and all went well until we set the tent up (a new $200 one). The stupid pole broke - first of, and it was a bugger to set up. THEN in the middle of the night I woke up to a thup thup on my sleeping bag - it was raining and the roof was leaking! UGH! SO, Thursday morning we go into town and find the laundromat to dry out my sleeping bags. No problem, right? Wrong! The dryer that my sleeping bag was in MELTED my sleeping bag! Luckily I was able to get a hold of the owner and he reimbursed me the $$ so I could replace it. Well, after that fiasco we had to drive about an hour (one way) to get to a Target to get a new sleeping bag. No big deal. We just wasted a gorgeous sunny day in the car. Anyway, the rest of the day was pretty good. We went to go to bed & found out that my new sleeping bag won't zip with my other one (I always zip two together - more roomy). So, my daughter and I had two blankets and two sleeping bags just laying on top of us. It got BUTT cold that night (must've been 35*), but we stayed pretty warm. Friday was beautiful, spent the day canoeing and hiking.

Saturday we laid around the campsite and it rained again Saturday night. So . . . we came home Sunday.

Gotta run, a daycare mom is here . . . hope to post more later!

Have a wonderful day all!!!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 08:39 AM   #23  
Dancing those pounds away

Good morning ladies.
Terri... I loved that your post was the last post I read.
We do have to take this journey SERIOUSLY and start reprograming ourselves.
Our old way of thinking kept us fat... it is time for a NEW WAY OF THINKING and ACTING. It is time for a change. It is time to quit procrastinating and time for DOING.
Thanks for the kick in the butt. Keep them coming.

My sister is STILL in ICU and not improving at all. She is still on a respirator too. I fear having her not get well and having to make a decision of removing life support. I know it is putting the cart before the horse but that is what fear does to you.
BUT she is not getting worse either.
Her blood pressure dropped to 68/44 one day... but they have it back up to 107/60.
They lowered her sedation medication to try and improve her blood pressure and during that time she wrote out letters in the palm of my hand we got to communicate for a day. She spelled out I A M D Y I N G. Then she spelled out T E L L A M Y L O V E H E R. followed by H E L P A M Y. Amy is her daughter. Tears were running down her face as she spelled out those words. Tears are running down mine as I type those words. This is a heart breaking experience.

I want US here in 3FC to really try harder to get serious about our weight issue.
I keep seeing this as my future if I don't get this weight off. I don't want to wait soooo long to get serious that I waited too long. My sister is in her 50's. Her weight is playing a role in her recovery. We have all heard this before. I don't mean to sound preachy... but last Saturday she was at the wedding and this Saturday she was on life support. We don't know how many more Saturdays we have.

I LOVE ALL OF YOU !!!! I will stop preaching. I need to keep myself in line and not preach to all of you. Sorry I just really do CARE. {{{ HUGS }}}
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 08:46 AM   #24  
a work in progress...

Well, so Miss Thin has not posted Chapter 5 in vain, I'm off to read will get a post in tout de suite! sheesh...

Yay, Terri! Our cheerleader and major motivator!! You are so right about...ENABLING...We all do it. "Oh, that's okay, here's what I had too! I'll just start again tomorrow, Monday, next week..."

THE TIME IS NOW! Put down that danish, get off the butt and let's give this plan an honest try! NO ONE is going to do this for us! Not even Dr Phil...he can only tell us what to do. It's up to us to DO IT!

I'm going to make some coffee and read now. I already had my walk. I'm trying to form a new habit...the morning walk. I get home from work around 7:20. I wake my son, put on the sprinkler, grab the dog and go for a 20 min walk. By the time I get back, my flowers are watered, my son is showered and almost ready to go to school; the dog is happy and I've gotten some exercise in. I don't plan on limiting myself to just that as my exercise, but if a day is too hectic, it's good to know that I had accomplished something, instead of saying, "Oh well, I didn't have any time."

Okay, I'm outta here...I'll be back.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 08:49 AM   #25  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile

OOppsss... Lisa , we were both posting at the same time. I have had many of those kinds of camping trips in the past. They are memorable.

It just showed me one more joy in life I no longer get to do because of my weight.
This OVER EATING has cost me a LOT.
I keep saying my weight is the problem. BUT.. it is not my weight....
It is my eating. My weight is the result of my eating and lack of exercise.
I have to quit blaming my weight... and start focusing on my actions.
I need to improve my food choices. I need to get this body moving.
When I do these things... my weight will take care of it itself.

I WILL NO LONGER BLAME MY WEIGHT. I WILL FOCUS ON MY LIFE CHOICES.
-------------------------
Kat... Now you are posting while I am.
If I keep typing maybe everyone will get in here. LOL

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 06-02-2004 at 08:54 AM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 10:54 AM   #26  
Hang In There

Totally off topic, has nothing to do with weight at all, but I wanted to tell my friends my tale of woe.(NOT way of eating!)

We had a bad storm come through last night. Our elecricity went off about 8:00, about 8:30 or so son Mark came down to the house to use Alvin's truck (his was in his garage, and he didn't want to hassle with unwiring the garage door opener etc) He had gotten a call from the alarm company that they had heard breaking glass coming from our business.

We have spent the last month redoing the front of our business to make a really nice "showroom" We had carpet and new tile flooring, and lots of merchandise on display. Well seems the storm blew out three of our thick plate glass windows and besides there being 3 big gaps in the building, all the inventory is wet and ruined ( we had about 8 seats that are soaked)

I know the good news is no one was here so no one got hurt. (the night crew leaves at 8:00) We do have power here, the whole east side of Dallas is without power and they say it might be 3 or 4 days before it is restored. And we do have insurance. But...

The good news is that without electricity for a couple of days the icream in the garage freezer will melt, and will no longer be a threat!!!

2Cute you and your sister will remain in my prayers!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 09:04 PM   #27  

Arrow

I have a sinus thing going on that is keeping me down. Plus I have been trying to find my Dad's Army discharge papers from 55 years ago!!!

I hopefully will feel better tomorrow.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 10:06 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

Its been an emotional evening. As you know, we recently was able to get our horse moved closer to home. We almost lost her last year and the prognosis for her being a fit horse in the future has been questionable. When we got her to the stable she came up lame. I've been scared that its a reoccurrence of the problem last year and that the vet would recommend putting her down. I have been very tense about her health for the last month or so. We got to see an equine doctor who specializes in legs today. He was wonderful. He spent at least two hours with us checking her over and talking to us. When he said, 'we're in a management phase now', I cried. I was so relieved that he offered hope. Yes, she has had a reoccurrence but certainly not as severe as last year. He gave us meds and hope. I wanted to hug him.

I even asked this guy if, when she's ready to be ridden, it was going to be a problem that it was me that rode her. He sort of hesitated and then said no. I have been afraid that I'm too heavy to ride her now that she has lost a lot of weight. DH asked me later why I would even question if I was too fat to ride. I explained that, if you're an overweight woman, you have no body esteem. I have always felt self-conscious about my size. I look at other overweight women in the department at work and feel like I am bigger. He keeps telling me that I am not the huge person I think I am. So, while I look in the mirror now and see that I look smaller, that message hasn't gotten down to my core feelings.

Then, the gal across the street called me over and said that she heard I want to get started bike riding again. She asked me to train with her. She is training to ride in the Mutliple Scleroris bike ride in September. Funny because I had decided that I am riding in it also even if I can't ride the whole thing. We have two people in our department who now have MS and I want to raise money for them. Anyway, the whole time she was going on and on about training, I was thinking "look at me, what makes you think I could keep up with you?" Again - that distorted body image.

My perception is that when people look at me, they are thinking about my weight and how big I am. When in reality, they see a person. Yes, there are those who do think something but if so, they are creeps anyway. Tonight shows me that I need to quit being self-conscious about my size.

2Cute - I'll keep your sister and you in my prayers. My heart broke for you when I read what she can communicated to you. Take care of you too!

Lucky - Do you have a sinus infection? Sounds like you need an antibiodic. Get better soon!

Barb.G - Yikes, you're not having a good time down there. That is a good way to get rid of that ice cream! Hope you get everything resolved soon.

I need to go walk the dog then bed.

Good night!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:56 PM   #29  

Hi ladies!

Not much to post about; have been busy on the book study thread.

2cute - so sorry to read about your sister; my thoughts are with you.

Hope for all a good day.
dixiedarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 03:54 PM   #30  

hi i need advice! i have a heel spur and i am having a horrible time. i have a heel cup. has anyone had experience with this, whatdid you do. dr. says surgery if it doesn't get better and i am not for that. pat
paperdoll is offline   Reply With Quote