Old 07-04-2015, 07:58 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Well I didn't even realize until this morning that I didn't post yesterday lol....I guess I didn't know what to do with myself being off on a Friday

Candidcamster I saw you liked a lot of my photos...Thank you so much for the love girly!! I'm getting there slowly but surely!

Larry Enjoy your trip with the family!!

Cindy CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You did it!!! Under 300 in that amount of time losing 40 pounds wow you go girl!!!!! Doesn't it feel great when you make little goals you set up for yourself? You're doing it and I'm so happy for ya!! Hope you enjoy your weekend!

dgramie Enjoy the time with the grands....I should come over to learn to sew...That's one thing as an adult I wished I had learned to do...My grandma is a great sewer...my mom knows enough to get by...But for some reason I never learned lol...

Diane Welcome to the group!!! Glad to hear that the changes you've made has helped you with anxiety. I suffer from anxiety issues and bi polar disorder and although I still need medication I have learned not to worry so much about the things I can't change. Hope you'll stay awhile...this thread and the people in it are awesome

Ubee We're a lot alike...I think if we don't post here for the accountability it is easy to slip off plan. Although I didn't post yesterday (literally slipped my mind) I did stay on plan. I think the hardest part is going to be what do you do with your eating once you've reached goal? How do you make the balance of indulgence and eating healthy? I haven't really thought too much about it but I guess as I get closer to goal that's something I should read up on and see how others have done it. Hope you enjoy your day today lovely!

Happy 4th to all who celebrate!!! Yesterday was a pretty nice day even though I apparently woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I wasn't the nicest person yesterday to DH lol...I felt bad once I started feeling better...just the medication and the fact that TOM is coming soon I think my hormones are all out of balance right now. He's a sweet guy and is understanding for the most part. I tried to go to Wal-Mart early in the morning but DH didn't want to go too early...I tried to tell him we would beat the crowd but he didn't listen. The Wal-Mart by my house is the busiest one in the country according to a friend of mine that works there. There were so many RV's in the parking lot it was crazy!! There's a couple RV parks down the street from the store so a lot of them stop there on their way in to town. We got the things we needed for today's cookout. We're doing Greek chicken and veggie kebabs with hummus and cucumbers and pita. I won't be eating the pita and probably won't each much hummus. A friend of ours is coming along with us so it should be a good time. We were going to go to the state park but luckily we remembered how busy it was last year at this time and we thought we probably should go somewhere else to beat the crowd. We are planning to FINALLY go to that secret beach I was telling you guys about. Hopefully we find it and hopefully it's secret enough that there isn't a huge crowd there. We won't be heading up there until this afternoon so that will give me enough time to finish getting everything ready, cleaning the car out, etc.

Not sure if I've mentioned this earlier in the week or not but I have been trying to cut my carbs to a lower amount than what I have been and increasing my fat intake to see how that helps with kick starting my weight loss again. So far this week I've managed not to go above 35 total carbs but from what I've read on a lot of low carb sites that most people go by the net carb count and in that case I've been able to keep it in the 20-30 g range. Before I was between 50-75g total carbs. I'm eating more healthy fats so I think that has helped with the fact that I'm not eating as many carbs. Surprisingly it wasn't too hard to cut the carbs, I'm just paying more closer attention. The only bad thing I'm noticing is that doing lower carb you seem to not eat as many veggies or fruits. I've pretty much steered clear of all fruits for a little while now other than lemons and tomatoes but tomatoes are kind of high in carbs so I'm watching that now too. Today I switched from the bottled coffee creamers that are filled with stuff I shouldn't be consuming anyway to half and half. I was having to watch how many TBSP's of the creamer I would use because each TBSP was 5g carbs and 5g sugar. I still have some left over but I'm thinking about bringing it in to work for my co-workers to use up and stick to the half and half. I'm enjoying a nice cup of iced coffee with my breakfast this morning and really I don't mind it just being coffee and half and half with no sugar. It just has a more strong coffee taste. DH said I could get some different high quality extract flavorings online to flavor the half and half if I wanted so if I get tired of plain. I think it's a good idea to try.

Anyway with all the changes this week I hope to see a good loss...I've stayed on plan 100% and been doing my workouts as scheduled. Today with all the festivities I'm not sure if I'll get a good cardio session in or not and may have to do it tomorrow, all depends on time. I'd like to go on a walk on the beach but our friend I don't think it much for exercise. He's the food and beer type of guy so I don't think we'd be able to go too far hehehe.....Maybe I can bang out a Turbo Jam work out before we go.

Anyway I know this post today is SUPER long haha...I guess I just needed to make up for lost time from yesterday. Hope everyone enjoys their day! Be safe!!!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:03 AM   #17  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

So I am officially slinking back. I had to be dieting for nearly a week to brave this board after a 70 some pound regain. (even after the two other times I slunk back).

Deep sigh.

Anyways. I am doing ideal protein (on my own with alternatives) as a kick start for no other reason than I need the restriction because I can't seem to regain my self control. Hoping to do 30 days and transition back to the "real eating".

I'm down 5.6

So... feel free to start the pool on how long I last THIS time!

PS Happy 4th to all you Americans!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:15 AM   #18  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Welcome RadioJane!
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:48 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Yippee Jane is back!!! I knew you would be back for two reasons, first because you are going to lose this weight and second because you love us! I think doing IP is a good idea. I started doing some protein shakes once in a while to help motivate me after a recent bout of some regain. I need strict limits when my life is goofy. (Which is often.)
Tootsie seriously you are like a ghost. Popping in every once in a while. Just keep doing what you are comfortable with, but you really are a bright gal and I value your input.
Sam I hate to break it to you but I think in maintenance we keep doing just what we are doing now. What got us there will keep us there. I sure hope to find out someday. It might be a wild ride with TOM and your new meds so try to check in daily even if it is just a one liner.

Yesterdays foods did not go as planned. My group made a last minute change but I still did OK. Going to be working on my scale mind games. I know if I stick to plan I can beat it. I just have to be patient. It will be like my little game of chess. I can out smart that bugger!
Have a healthy day!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:06 AM   #20  
DianeAleaha

Good Morning, I hope everyone has had a really good Holiday

tootsie Thanks, for the welcome. I've been reading the threads and you all are a group of people that are nice and it comes across clearly.

CindylhThanks for the welcome and.... woohoo a fellow Upstater!

TerraThanks for the welcome

Ubee Thanks for the welcome. It's been an unseen perk to my changing to a healthier me. And improvement to my body and mind...very cool

SamIAm Thanks for the welcome. Yes, its just a part of my life and I am grateful that I am able to get a bead on where my head and heart is at on most days and adjust accordingly. When I was younger and in the work force there were so many stresses I do not have to deal with these days. For me, it makes my days much easier.

Radiojane Welcome, or um... welcome back? I'm don't know what Ideal Protein is so I will look that up. A 5.6 loss.. very nice!

I weigh myself each Sunday. Today, it was my second week with no weight loss. I am not upset though because my pants are almost falling down. My weight loss has been sooo slow since I started on April 14th and at times I remind myself that my small losses are just fine since it could have been me gaining. It has to be that simple

Last edited by DianeAleaha; 07-05-2015 at 09:07 AM.
DianeAleaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:51 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. Just a fly by to let you know that I'm still out here. Having this many people in my house is beginning to drive me nuts (nuttier?) plus I'm having a really bad bout of sciatica -- to the point where I'm going to get the back x-rayed and an MRI done to see if I've got disk problems.

The kids are moving about, so time for me to get breakfast. The house should be back to "normal" next week if their closing goes as scheduled and then some company for 3-4 days. So, back to my old too long posts by mid month.

Miss you guys!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:16 PM   #22  

I've been away for a long time and off of the eating-properly path for a while too but I am back! It's crazy how we can let little things ruin our progress. Never again!
SayAnythingBut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:27 PM   #23  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

SayAnythingbut: Welcome to the group.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:51 PM   #24  

Jane Welcome back my dear!! You're in good hands here just keep posting you know it helps a lot....You can do this!!

Ubee As much as I don't want to admit it I know I won't ever be able to not eat anything I want but I do hope to be able to indulge every now and then. I try to be really strict while the weight is coming off and will continue that for the rest of my life I think, but maybe won't beat myself up every time I decide to let myself have something not completely on plan.

Diane Good thinking with no fretting if the scale doesn't move. Sometimes it is hard to tell if you're losing if you don't see that scale move. But your clothes are a definite good indicator that you're doing fine...I also measure myself every Sunday to see where I am there and that helps me a lot too.

Betsy Thanks for checking in with us!

SayAnything Welcome!

So I guess what I'm doing seems to be working with me in getting the kick start back to my weight loss. This week I lost 5.6 pounds I think the previous week I incorrectly measured myself or something weird is going on because I didn't have much change in my measurements but that's ok!!

I decided to cut myself some slack and took an extra rest day this week. My eating has been perfect, even yesterday for the holiday and I think I just need a day to recoup from the rest of the weekend. I planted my dill and basil in it's planter...the over the door shoe holder that I bought online. It looks great! I decided that the rosemary and sage is going to get kind of bushy so DH and I are going to get some pots to put those in next week and then will put it inside a neat looking apple crate or something like that to make it look pretty. Once we get a day that isn't as humid I'll be painting the chairs and tables. I got some rust that was on the floor of the balcony off and did a whole sweep down of the outside where there were all kinds of cob webs and such so it's starting to look pretty good. Ideally the floor and banisters need to be repainted so I may or may not end up doing it. That's really something I think the rental company should do and I'm not sure I want to fork out that kind of money to do that after I've already had to buy myself a new garbage disposal when my old one broke. My middle fur baby, Squeegie, has been hanging outside with me today. She is loving it out there and it makes me happy to be able to spend some time with her just relaxing and enjoying each other's company. This whole gardening thing is somewhat new to me...I used to always kill everything I'd get because I was too lazy to water them after I got them. But this seems to be a new hobby I really want to get behind. It makes me feel good to get my hands dirty in soil and make stuff I can use.

Well there's laundry to be done and meals to prep. I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!!!
Old 07-06-2015, 06:57 AM   #25  

Checking in early today. Our sewing lesson didn't go as planned. Her mom asked us to make pillow cover for cushions. Well my granddaughter had no interest in sewing because it wasn't for her. Lol
Food was good except for the big bowl of homemade icecream my neighbor brought over.
Granddaughter is heading home today. I will have to play catchup on house and yard work.
Food is planned.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 04:12 PM   #26  

Hi everyone.
Deb having food planned is great. I always have a plan but need to follow through with the action.
Sam woohoo 5.6 pounds! I love how you stick to it no matter what! You go girl!
Hi tootsie!
Welcome Say! I don't think you have ruined all your progress. In the past you have learned how important a support system is and that is why you are back here. This is a learning process.
Betsy what did the Dr. say? I miss you. Come back when you can.
Diane I am also mature. (OK Betsy in age only.) It is slower going. I have a friend who started my journey with me, sadly she gave up after doing well. She is now heavier then ever. She is mature and I can see her balance being affected by her weight. It scares me. I just want us all to get healthy.

Yesterday was tough and I did give in to sugar. The scale stayed the same this week, but I say screw you scale. I did not have to unbutton or unzip my pants today they just slid off! (When I pulled on them.)
Have a healthy day.
Old 07-06-2015, 04:35 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 350/292/140

Height: 5f 7

I just wanted to say Hi and hope I could join you guys? I am doing slimming world since Nov and am slowly loosing the weight but have such a long way to go xxxx
topsy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 04:49 PM   #28  

Welcome topsy!
We all have a long way to go.
You have found a group that understands.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:38 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 350/292/140

Height: 5f 7

^^ Thank you xxxx
topsy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:49 PM   #30  

dgramie Maybe next time you have your granddaughter she'll be more interested when it's something she wants to make. Home made ice cream is SO hard to turn down, I feel your pain. Hope today was good for you though!

Ubee Thanks for the shout out! It is so dang hard sometimes but I've come this far that I would hate myself forever if I gave up. It would be one thing I would beat myself up over...especially knowing how hard I am on myself but how this has become a lifestyle for me I don't ever seeing me going completely back to my old ways again. Sometimes I feel bad when I see others fail....I wish I could lose the weight for them. It hasn't been easy for me either but I feel like sometimes I come off that losing this weight has been a piece of cake for me. I just have a hard time with letting out the mental stuff that goes through my head on a daily basis to stay on plan. Does that make any sense? So glad to hear your pants are getting lose on you!! Work it girl!!!

TopsyHIIII!!!!!! You can join us!! We always have more than enough room for another!

Got home late from work today...Didn't get out of there until 5:00. I got tied up with a girl in our other office that doesn't get the job as well as I do so I had to help her out with a few things over the phone. She's getting better but after being there over a year and she worked for us a time before I thought she would have it down by now. She's a sweet girl but she is kind of a dumb blonde lol.

I didn't want to work out today, but I forced myself to get some cardio in. I wanted to work arms today too but I knew it would be so late when I'd finish so I'm going to do that tomorrow. I pushed so hard today I couldn't believe it!! Even with how tired I was I worked harder than I have in a good while...I'm dripping with sweat and it feels good!! I know I'll sleep good tonight.

Yesterday while meal prepping I decided to try to make this snack that I have seen floating on the internet...They are low carb cheese crisps. You take 1 tbsp of shredded cheese and put it on a piece of parchment paper and cook it in the oven at 375* for 10-15 minutes. I did some made of mozzarella, those took about 10 mins to cook and I did some with sharp cheddar and those took about 13 mins to cook. They turned out AMAZING!!! The cheddar ones reminded me of a Cheez-it!! I divided out 4 chips per serving in little snack bags and that's what I'm munching on for a little bit this week. If I run out I'll make some more. I had DH try it and he didn't like it...I said "you don't like crispy cheese??? Who doesn't like that?" well...apparently he doesn't lol...For lunch this week I had to get real creative because I'm low on funds until payday this week so I took a package of ground turkey and cooked it up with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder and then added in some caramelized onion and mushrooms and mixed it all together. Then at lunch time I top it with a slice of provolone cheese and 1 tsp of mayo to make my mind think I'm having some sort of philly cheesesteak lol....It turned out pretty good and I had some steamed green beans on the side.

Dinner tonight is left over cauliflower chicken bog. It turned out pretty good this time but for some reason the cauliflower rice had a somewhat sweet taste to it. I guess maybe it's just the season for those to taste somewhat sweeter or something, or when it was harvested....I definitely didn't add any sugar to it.

Hope everyone else is doing well!!! I'm off to water my plants and relax! Take care all!