Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all. Cold, windy, and trying to work up to rain here, but after what Buffalo and the western New York area has gone through, I'll take it. Toby actually wanted to come in early this morning from his outside romp. I'll be so glad when I have the doggie door installed.

Donna -- Thanks for the explanation of tea. And, yes, the variances from country to country using the same language is amazing. Your day yesterday sounded busy, but fulfilling. Good for you for getting out and doing things to take away or at least assuage the isolation feelings. Amazing what a new hair do will do for us, isn't it.

Ubee -- Oh my. You must have had your heart in your throat for awhile. So glad that your son and family escaped unhurt and that our wonderful Ubee has opened her home to everyone. Thanksgiving will have extra meaning this year.

Fi -- Love the Dylan quote. And your analogy is spot on with today may not have been a good day, but life overall is a feeling of being blessed. Hope the depression pain goes away.

Sam -- Sounds like your Turkey Day planning is along the same lines as mine. For your trip to VA, I absolutely loved the Charlottesville area and going through Monticello. Maybe coming back home along the parkway would be pretty, too. If you get the feeling that you're not welcome more than a day or two, then just plan your trip around that. Another thing is that as long as you're up that way, DC is wonderful with all the museums and easy rail if you like that sort of thing.

Bllondy -- How did you day go yesterday with watching 3 little ones. I sure do wish that I loved turkey. I'll eat it now, but have never really liked it all that well and heaven forbid we fix something other than turkey.

Shan84 -- Hope your teacher/parent conferences are going well. Sounds like you're adjusting well to Atkins. Has the weight already started dropping off?

I've always counted carbs, but I'm doing Atkins for the next couple of months to get my mind back in the game. This yo-yoing is ridiculous, and I would feel so much better just to love the 30 pounds that I've gained back.

Off to the grocery store to buy the fixings and stuff for next week. Our gym is collecting items for a program for young children here in town called ECAP. There are 16 children, and half of them are homeless -- families either couch surfing or else living in their cars. How can the richest country in the world allow this to happen with such frequency? Boggles my mind and our efforts to help at the local level seem so paltry and short term. Definitely gives new meaning to feeling blessed......and more than a little guilty that I have so much when so many have nothing.

OK, enough philosophizing. Hope that all of you have a wonderful day.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:47 PM   #152  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Ubee— What did you mean by "spoke too soon"? You've got me worried...
Old 11-21-2014, 06:41 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 320/314/160

Height: 5'10"

Hey all!

This will be a quick one.. I had my smoothie this morning and a spinach salad with dried cherries, almonds, bleu cheese and vinaigrette on it as well as some boneless buffalo chicken wings. Yum! The day went well with all 3 kiddos.. Thankfully they are probably the 3 easiest ones I've watched so very little stress. Signed and gathered up loads more paperwork today for the house.. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas!! I am so excited and can barely wait to move in!! Guess I ought to continue packing up this place then.. Glad all you are doing well. Have an excellent weekend! I'll be busy tomorrow with ministry (my husband and I go into the prisons and hold services for the men on the weekends) and Sunday as well. Busy busy busy all the time!! But I guess I (mostly) stay out of trouble.. Good night!
Old 11-21-2014, 07:49 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

All is well Fi. I just spoke up that I would have some time to myself this weekend and it looks like Monday would be the earliest that I may be able to visit on here. This community is so important to me and I miss you all.
Food was good until tonight so I needed to pop in and get some strength.
Thanks everyone!
Old 11-22-2014, 08:17 AM   #155  
rockin' my 60s!

Today was somewhat of a momentous day: I weighed myself for the first time in four months. Various stressful life events—the arrival of our new kittens, the kittens being sick, my getting depressed, & so on—have kept me away from the scale, and more importantly, away from my diet plan. While I have tried to stick to the same meal pattern I set up several months ago, I have wavered on numerous occasions and have basically put my weight loss way on the back burner of my life.

However, to my great relief, in all those four months of not sticking to plan, I only gained two pounds! I weighed 273 on 7/22, and I weigh 275 today, 11/22. In order to get back with the program in a completely honest way, I fixed my profile and my weight loss ticker to reflect my current weight. I also changed my goal weight from 130 to 140, which is more reasonable for me, given that I have a large frame.

Onward and downward! =grin=

Last edited by Fiona W; 11-22-2014 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:45 AM   #156  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee,Bllondy,Betsy,Donna,Fiona and Sam ~ THANK YOU LADIES.....Clyde is still with me for now but chances are he will be in heaven before the year is over

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a happier note I got my clothes folded and put away but I have yet to clean the bathroom but I will today. I also need to do my 2 miles since my blister has FINALLY went away. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:00 PM   #157  

if this post seems wackier than usual for me, chalk it up to sleep deprivation. I've been having trouble with waking up to go to the bathroom after about 3-4 hours of sleep and not being able to get back to sleep. A nap may be in my future.

Terra -- You'll know when it's time to take Clyde in (or have the vet come to your house as some will do that). Glad your blister has healed and you can get back to your walking.

Fi -- I think after all you've gone through that you really did a very good job wit only gaining 2 pounds (especially since I gained 30 since July!). It certainly bodes well for being successful once you decide you're in maintenance. Plus so many people gain back everything they've lost when they go off Atkins and start consuming carbs again. Probably means that when you get to maintenance, you will be able to have more carbs in your diet -- maybe a whole cup of Muesli!

Ubee -- I was trying to find a lightning bolt to send you, but decided that will power dust would work as well. Maybe some of it will fall on me! How many people will you have in your house this week?

Bllondy -- What a pleasure to read your posts with your level of excitement about your house. You even sound excited about the endless paperwork required to get the mortgage! Do you eat other stuff other than your smoothies?

All of the grocery shopping for Thanksgiving is done. I had a major restock to do at Costco yesterday as well as the grocery store. I figured since it was raining, cold, and windy that people would have enough sense to wait to do their shopping. WRONG! Both places were packed, and lots of men doing the shopping, most of whom stopped with their carts in the middle of the aisle, vacantly looking for an item with a cell phone to their ear talking to whomever had made out their lists. Took me over 5 hours to get it all done and unloaded. But it gave me an excuse to avoid doing the filing which is close to out of control in the office or change the sheets.

Starting on Atkins is helping with getting my mind back in the game. For those who are on Atkins or just watching carbs, the low carb group does a lot of great posts.

Time to get me cleaned up and have my Saturday chat with my girlfriend. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-22-2014, 01:08 PM   #158  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hello ladies. I have been at a dog show all day with my friend and her corgis (we have spaniels...I just wanted to get an idea of how it all works) so I can't take long!
There is bad news.......I miscalculated my weight...DH has told me I was actually 5lbs heavier than I thought when I weighed last week.
But there is good news.......that means I have lost 8 lbs this week which is a bit of a whoosh but I think it was hormones!
I feel 8lb lighter.....my trousers are looser and my knees less painful.
DH and I had a chat about my weight when we got married 3 years ago and he reckons I have lost around 5 stone since then. I didn't weigh myself then as I was too scared of the numbers!!

Hope that everyone is OK little boy is back from his Dad's so I had better zip off!
Old 11-23-2014, 02:22 AM   #159  
Turning Into A New Woman

Betsy ~ Yeah I'm glad I can get back to my walking too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right now its 1:16 in the morning, I've been asleep since 8 p.m. Anyway Scott woke me up cause Clyde had to go outside. Clyde had one of his nails twisted in his potty pad that I put in his cage a few times a day. I felt really sorry for Clyde cause I could tell it was hurting him. He's now sleeping in his spot on the couch. I'm currently watching Judge Hatchett cause I have ALOT of them to watch so I'm gonna try to get threw them all before I go back to bed this morning. Have a great morning Everyone.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:29 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone!

Ubee So sorry to hear about the fire at your son's house. Glad everyone is ok. He's got a wonderful mom to be there for him so I'm sure all will be fine. Just hang in there hun!

Betsy I hope everything works out on Atkins. I've never tried it but I hear it works for a lot of people. I watch my carbs too since I have PCOS and carbs just make it harder to lose weight. As for my trip to VA we are going to be about an hour west of Richmond and my aunt lives about an hour east of Richmond so that'll be a 2 hour drive when I go to visit her. We are also planning to visit DH's granny who usually goes to WV to DH's aunt's for christmas. I would love to go to DC again some day. I was born there and lived about 15 mins out of the city for the first couple of years of my life. It's been a good while since I've been back there but hopefully one day we'll be able to go.

Donna I had a friend who would show Australian Shepherds. They were beautiful. One of my biggest memories as a child was my grand taking my cousin and I to the dog shows when they would come through town here. My mom has a corgi/pitpull mix and she is so sweet! Sounds like you would have a great time showing your spaniels

Fi I am SO proud of you!! Despite the depression and what you've been through this year with the babies you have only gained 2 lbs! That's magnificent!! I know you will lose all the weight you want to and will be able to maintain with ease!! Cheers to you my love!!

Well I weighed in 2.4 lbs lighter today. Putting me so much closer to 90lbs lost. I'm currently 251.8. I know next week I shouldn't be surprised if I gain a little bit because of Thanksgiving, but I will make sure to be right back on plan afterwards.

Went grocery shopping with my mom and grandma for the feast. We got everything we needed except for the rolls. My grandma wanted to wait until it got closer to T-Day to get that. DH will be the master chef for our dinner and I will be his sous chef while mom and grand get to relax. This will be our third year doing dinner for them. My grandma offered to take me shopping on Black Friday but I told her I didn't know if it would be worth it going through that mad house. So we'll have to see.

Gonna go to the gym here in a bit and hopefully DH will come with me again. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-23-2014, 02:17 PM   #161  

Good morning all. Rainy day here, but it's already lightening up. Toby is curled up in front of the fireplace on his doggie bed having his morning nap, I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee, and sleep has returned to my household. I've always slept with the window open, but shut then a few days ago for some reason. Opened one up last night and slept like I log again -- guess I just need the fresh air.

Sam -- That's a wonderful tradition you and DH have started to do all the cooking for Thanksgiving. I always avoid Black Friday like the plague especially since I started doing almost all of my shopping online for the last 15 years. Congrats on the 2.4 pounds -- you have done so very well and inspire me to stick with it.

Terra -- Sounds like you'll be taking a nap later -- and that you have something to watch since 1 AM is not optimal viewing time unless you're really into Infomercials. Looks like you're losing slowly but steadily -- good for you.

Donna -- Going to a dog show sounds wonderful. Do you feel like you could do the showing with your knees now that you've seen it done. Do you have trouble with standing for any period of time? I know my legs just begin to hurt horribly after about 3-5 minutes. Sounds like regardless of what happened with translating from stones to pounds that you're doing well with losing your weight.

Quiet day on here today. I'm starting the Thanksgiving count down. Today I'll polish the silver serving pieces and set the table. Monday and Tuesday will be for cleaning and brining the Turkey. Wednesday is cooking the bird and getting all the meat off the bones, prepping the sides, and roasting turkey wings to make stock for the gravy. Thursday morning will be the final push to get everything on the table at the same time. I love this holiday mainly because I think it's a great idea to take time to acknowledge that for which we are thankful.

On the dieting front.......Atkins is doing its thing and the weight is coming off quickly and easily. Thursday will be an off day, but I'm actually enjoying eating this way. Maybe I'll be able to get those 30 pounds I gained in July off by the end of the year and get back to losing again! Have a great rest of the weekend.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #162  
Turning Into A New Woman

Betsy ~ Yeah I took a nap today. Yeah I've heard slow and steady wins the race but I just wish it would move just a little faster but oh well I guess

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We went and ran errands this morning before going to church, We went to check out church that is closes to us and We had a nice time so we will go back there again. We are gonna alternate from the church that we live close to and the church my younger brother and his wife goes too. Anyway before bed tonight I'm gonna do my 2 miles. Good Evening Everyone.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:20 PM   #163  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

Parent/teacher meetings last week went well. Everything was smoothly ran and parents were eager to show up and ask lots of questions. Unfortunately, as is usually the case, some parents who should have come to see me did not.

On my Atkins front, week one is completed and I'm feeling on top of the world. No hunger pains, no cravings, still no induction like flu which is fab. Week one results, as I said before, for me are not water weight loss lbs because I have been seriously calorie counting for the past three and a half months and I feel like I lost my water weight when I first started calorie counting. Anyways week 1 results are in and I am down 7.5lbs this week. I'm thrilled with that and look forward to the weeks to come and I hope I continue to feel as good energy wise as I do right now. Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving this week for my fellow Americans. Being in China there are several Thanksgiving dinners at the hotels but the bf and I decided not to join this year because I don't want to pay $50 each when all I would eat would be some veggies and turkey. I'd rather we go out to one of our favorite restaurants and spend $10 haha. Anyways, hope everyone has a good start to the new week. November is almost over. I have set my goal for Christmas at being under 400lbs and that is only 10lbs away. I'm determined to reach that goal and then some.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:20 AM   #164  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Shan.....well done! 7.5lbs is an amazing start to Atkins....and to be feeling so well. It must give you great encouragement to continue!
Sam......how is your hubby now? I hope you are enjoying the run-up to Thanksgiving. I feel fortunate we only have 25th December to worry about!
Betsy....standing still is the worst thing for my knees and I do worry about being physically able to cope with showing. There is alot of standing still, bending over (most people squat......ouch!) and walking at JUST the right pace for the dog! That is why I would like to have lost a good 30 more lbs before we start. My hubby is full of these great ideas but I would end up having to do the showing bit because of his disability and I am some way off being able to do that easily. Actually the biggest worry would be how to keep a very excitable spaniel still whilst waiting in line to be judged!!!

Ubee....you OK?

Terra....I am glad Clyde is still holding on bless him he must be made of tough stuff

Bllondy....what great work you do. I am hoping to get involved in taking some Bible stories to schools but DH is already unhappy with the amount of time I spend out of the house at the moment so I will have to negotiate.

I have tried to explain that the exercise is VITAL for my physical recovery and the Welsh classes and Mums and Toddlers (and my Therapy sessions) are all vital for my mental recovery but he finds it hard to fill his time and is tending to give me a hard time if I tentatively suggest any other activity. I have tried to include him by suggesting things we can do together like badminton but my suggestions have fallen on stony ground.......does any body have any suggestions???

Well fell off the wagon a bit last night. I had had a terrible headache all day and that makes me crave carbs! Still back on the horse! Gym tomorrow.

Have a great day everybody.
Donna
Old 11-24-2014, 11:24 AM   #165  
rockin' my 60s!

A tip for those of you on Atkins induction: if you start getting unexplained headaches, try fixing yourself a cup of broth at night—like chicken broth that comes in cubes. I don't know whether it's the extra salt or what, but I've been doing a modified Atkins induction diet for many months, and I swear by that broth to banish headaches. I learned about it in The Art and Science of the Low-Carbohydrate Lifestyle.
Closed Thread