Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 09:59 AM   #76  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Fiona ~ Thanks for the tips on how to deal with cracked heels. I'm glad someone else can relate to my cracked heel issue. Yes I've been putting antibiotic ointment in the crack. I bought a Pedi-Egg when they first came out, They are great, I love it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 7:00 A.M. this morning. It's almost 8:00 A.M. now, I'm about to have breakfast, I've done my morning duties for today. At 11 a.m. I'm going to school for DA4A's first movie day. I will be there until 3:30 today. The bus is coming back to get me between 3:30 pm and 4:00 pm. Before I leave the house this morning I'm gonna do the dishes so my mom doesnt have to when she gets off of work today. Right now it's almost 9 am and I'm currently eating breakfast while watching HOT In Cleveland.

Last edited by Terra1984; 09-12-2014 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:48 AM   #77  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Donna— I don't find that SweetDrops liquid stevia has any effect whatsoever on my gut. It helps, I think, that the eye dropper allows you to titrate your "dose" to a fine degree. I hope you can find that product in Wales: if not, I suppose there's always the Net... What kind of effect do artificial sweeteners have on your gut?

Today I'm going to a Medical Qigong (chee-gong) practitioner recommended by my psychiatrist. I hope he can teach me some techniques for getting the depression pain to leave my body, when I have it. This morning I'm a little hyper, but otherwise in a painfree (level 0) state.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:59 AM   #78  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Back again!
Crikey it is hard to increase my mileage around here!
I have been walking daily to improve my fitness for the walk in just over three weeks time but as we live in the hills, a steep incline is always involved! Today my chest is really rattly so I wanted to avoid hills and tried to find a couple of miles on the flat but it was impossible! If my chest is bad and I start to cough, I can't stop for ages, even inhalers/water etc don't help. I just have to slow to a crawl and wait for it to stop. The walk I am doing is ALL on the flat thank heavens or I wouldn't even try to do it, but it is a good 45 minute drive away so I can't use it as a practice area.......any suggestions? My chest is permanently rattly...I sound like a very heavy smoker, even though I have never smoked!! It is likely that I have a condition called bronchiectasis.
Food wise I am back where I found success last time with eat less/do more/ cut out the red meat/eat less carbs.
I am so glad I cam back to 3FC's as I found it incredibly supportive last time I was successful, I just slunk away when it all went pear shaped and THAT was my mistake!
Thanks for just being there guys!
Old 09-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #79  
mountain walker

Thanks for the reply Fiona. All artificial sweeteners give me almost instant abdo pain and subsequent diarrhoea.......very unpleasant! I don't have sugar in tea or coffee and just a tiny sprinkle of it on my morning porridge but I would love to be able to cook with something better than sugar!
Thanks for the tip, I will hunt it out!
Old 09-12-2014, 02:36 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!
I was a busy bee or shall I say squirrel the last two days. Winter is coming and I am gathering my nuts. I've been busy canning and freezing and have my weekend all filled up but I will try to post daily.
Donna have you tried the "Walk Away The Pounds" ? I think it is on you tube and I think you do it while standing in place.
Fi I'm going to have to look up Qigong. I hope you find relief. I am lucky that stevia tastes OK to me. I find the longer I do this the easier it is to get back in the saddle and the faster I get on plan. Do you still have your chocolate bars once in a while?
Welcome fightbrave! How is the no sugar going?
Dean have a good weekend. Will look for you Monday morning.
Betsy you are one heck of a nurse for him to be ready to go home. Looking forward to the day when we get your daily chatter.
Terra my mom and I used to make egg rolls together. Did you make shrimp, pork, veggie...?
Shinesgirl I will keep my eyes open for just the right plate. Is your move one you are happy about?
Sam I am so waiting for that picture!!! Are you feeling better?
Hi Candidcamster! You are so right, 3FC is a very supportive place. Wish it would have been around decades ago!
Natasha how is your foot? Fi is the queen of leg lifts, maybe you could do something like that while you recover.
Have a peaceful day!
Old 09-12-2014, 02:51 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Take care, everyone-looking forward to a great couple of days off. Had a couple doughnuts this morning, so I realllly need to get some good exercise this weekend.

Dean
Old 09-12-2014, 05:17 PM   #82  
rockin' my 60s!

The Qigong guy was so personable and fascinating, I'm going back to see him on a weekly basis for a while. When I drew my little map of stages -1 through -7 of my depression, complete with the verbal labels I've made up for them, he got very excited. I could tell he was making all kinds of connections between what I've been able to observe about my internal energy flow in those various states, and the energy patterns he knows from Qigong. I think he has a lot to teach me, starting with some exercises in getting myself better grounded. Only time will tell if Qigong can help me be less depressed and on fewer medications, but his fee is quite reasonable, so what have I got to lose? Ubee, you're not the only one who's going to be reading up on Qigong in the near future!

Last edited by Fiona W; 09-12-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:44 PM   #83  
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ I didnt make the egg rolls we had yesterday, I bought them from Walmart but I bought veggie egg rolls.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:20 PM   #84  

*waving at everyone*

Ubee - Yes, I'm really happy about this move b/c (fingers crossed) it means we will stay here for several years. In the last 2 years we have moved 6 times! 5 of them were in 1 year b/c I tried to be an "accompanying" wife instead of the "stay-at-home-to-maintain a home base wife", which I had been doing previously. (My husbands' job meant he traveled constantly - he'd only be home 4 or 5 days a month so I was alone a LOT.) It has been this way for almost all our marriage, & I was used to it, but those 6 moves just burned me out! So now he made this change to make me feel better, & I think he actually is liking it too, lol. No more airports, lol!
Old 09-12-2014, 11:24 PM   #85  

Terra - I love egg rolls, & I've just started making my own at home. I also finally tried sushi this year & some of it is really good! Have you had any?

Fi - That new discipline you're trying sounds very intriguing! I hope it helps a lot!
Old 09-13-2014, 04:33 AM   #86  
Turning Into A New Woman

Shinesgirl ~ I love egg rolls too, I wouldnt mind trying to make them on my own, Thats cool that you have just started making them at home. Yes I've tried sushi and I dont know care for it, I would probably like it better if it wasnt held together with rice, I dont like rice, The only kind of rice I like is Fried rice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 2:30 a.m. cause I was hot so I just decided to go ahead and get up cause I was gonna get up at 3:00 a.m. anyway so mom could work on my heels. Anyway I'm gonna walk outside this morning and my goal today is to walk for 30 mins, Last time I walked for 25 mins. I'm also gonna walk at noon today as well and at 6 or 6:30 tonight as well. I'm gonna do my laundry today too and give Clyde a bath. Those are all of my plans for today

Last edited by Terra1984; 09-13-2014 at 04:34 AM.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:45 AM   #87  
mountain walker

Fi I find Eastern approaches to complex issues so fascinating. I was a Physio but also did Acupuncture so kind of had a foot in both camps. It sounds to me like your Qigong practitioner will be really helpful for you.....please keep us posted.
VW Deano.....I love your signature! My heart is with dogs! Every minute of every day I miss my soul mate, a Golden Retriever who I lost suddenly last year. The other quote I like is " The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!"
Terra You sound really positive about your exercise....I hope that it goes well today and your heels cope OK. Keep us posted!
Well my eating has been pretty good this week, not perfect but I am slowly realising that that's OK! Exercise wise I struggled to do a mile uphill yesterday so am going to a local reservoir which is pretty flat and is a good 3 mile tester! Better still I will be accompanied by my wonderful daughter!
Have a loovely day ladies,
Donna
Old 09-13-2014, 02:12 PM   #88  
rockin' my 60s!

Yes, Ubee, I still have my ultra-dark chocolate bars on Very Special Occasions (VSOs). My current schedule of VSOs (starting at the top of the year) is my birthday in late February, the Blood Binge movie festival with my friend Mary in August, Hallowe'en, and Yule (pagan winter holiday). I absolutely always have good champagne on New Year's, so that's enough of a treat then, and I don't celebrate Easter. So that's four times a year. Plus every once in a great while (like six months apart, at least), I have one vegan peanut butter cookie (convenient that the organic food mart sells them one to a package). They have a whole lot more peanut butter than sugar in them, so they don't bring on additional cravings.

But today... today! I did something really naughty. I hopped in the car, motored over to my favorite 7-11 (the starting point of so many binges in the past), and got a six-pack of Diet Mountain Dew. I gave up aspartame last fall, but jeeeez, every once in a while a Texan gal's gotta kick up her heels and bust loose! =laugh=

They did have my former (I stress the word "former") favorite binge item, right there in piles in the basket at the cash register: multiple 3-packs of my former favorite cookie. I wasn't even close to being tempted. I knew darn well that if I ate that crap, my energy levels would plummet, my mood would go to h*ll, my gut would act up, and soon I'd need an appointment with the dentist. (I had like 50,000 cavities in my former sweets-addicted life.)

But Diet Mountain Dew....ahhh! An indulgence well-earned, I think. =grin=

Last edited by Fiona W; 09-13-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:55 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Hi & thank you for the welcome Fiona W & Terra1984! Does anyone ever use their facebook or similar social networking site to acknowledge their weight loss journey? Every month on my WLJ begin date anniversary (February 13, 2014) I do this. I worry about being annoying to some of my friends, but I think some of them get it and are super supportive.

When it comes to being very overweight sometimes it can feel like you're in a tunnel and the the only way out is through, to keep putting one foot in front of the other. In doing that you will eventually see light and smell fresh air, and that is what keeps me going.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:05 PM   #90  
Turning Into A New Woman

Donna ~ Yes my heel did okay while I worked out today, I'm gonna work out again at 6:30 pm.

Candidcamster ~ Your welcome, I didnt know there was away you could track your weight loss on social networking sites. But I am on facebook and twitter
Closed Thread