Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 02:47 PM   #31  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I'm POP so far today. A miracle may be happening. I think, at least for today, I have my weight loss mojo back. Grocery shopped early this morning and stayed to the outside aisles. No chips. No pretzels. No cookies, and no T.P. because I was concentrating on staying out of the other aisles. That's okay though. I still have several rolls before I run out.

I've got the rest of the day planned and staying w/i my points should be easy. I really hope so.

Weigh in tomorrow morning and, after that shock, I hope the following week will show a downward trend again.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:44 PM   #32  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

Do people get used to having salads for dinner after awhile?

I didn't eat many fruits/veggies most of today so decided to have a big strawberry and almond salad with poppy seed dressing. It was just OK, and I didn't get that "full and satisfied" feeling that you get after a big fatty meal and I don't know if it's because there really wasn't any fat to it or if it is one of those things you just have to get used to as you change your eating habits?

also, what does POP mean? is it perfectly on plan? that was the only thing I could think of and I see it come up a lot.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:20 AM   #33  

Mojo still intact!

Added incentive today was that I must have been doing a bit more right than I though because, according to the scale at WW, I lost 3.4 lbs over the last 2 weeks. I ate a lot of junk but tried to temper it with good choices here and there. Still can't totally figure it out but it's got me tracking again and thinking about what I'm considering putting in my mouth.

lostbutstilltrying: Salads can be tricky as a meal. To get that full feeling you need protein. Maybe next time add some low fat cheese, or meat, or beans. I can't get beans down but they are a great protein source if you like them. POP = Perfectly On Program (or Plan).

Deb: Good job with that hoe!

Time to close up the house it's gonna be a hot one today then heavy rain and a big temp drop tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:55 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 310/178/148

Height: 164cm / 5'4''

Hi Heather and Jo (and all of my other cyber friends),

I too struggle with salads. However, I struggle with almost everything because I seem to be missing that little sensation that says 'enough, I'm full'.

The weather is cooling down here now it's getting closer to winter but the days are still warm, it was 24 degrees celcius today (I think that's about 75 degrees) and I too detest hot weather. As a result, I've been very slack and not exercised for most of this week and will confess to turning the air conditioning on on Tuesday to make it cool in the house so I could walk on the treadmill.

My eating has been very good. I slipped up - or more realistically stepped out and had some chinese pork buns for dinner last night. I didn't have pizza like the rest of the family - so, a better choice.

Was 5 week weigh in today and another 2 pound loss, so all good.

Am half way through my 'two-faced' day today, long day with assessments and then 6 hours back to back teaching and start my night shift in just under 3 hours.

However, received a pleasant surprise when I saw a friend for the first time since I started back on plan and she was very vocal about how different I looked. It did feel good.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. My son competes again on Sunday and I am going to that straight after working a night shift Saturday night, so must make good choices which I do not do very well when I am tired.

Take care,

Bek.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:24 AM   #35  

Height: 5'7"

Weigh in today was up 1lb. I am happy with it because tom is here and I know it will drop when he is gone.
Hoping to walk today if it's warm enough to be out and have the kids out.
I have a plan for the weekend. It's always hard not being home.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:38 AM   #36  
starting over again

Thanks everyone for the salad advice, I do need to figure out how to add some beans to my meals. The are full of good fiber and nutrients - so I am gonna make that my goal for next week!

I have to say I am impressed with how close everybody on this thread gets to perfect days - I am sooooooo far away from that, you guys miss it by just a thing or two, and then work it out the next day. For me, I am happy if I did like 60 percent of a daily goal (and those are pretty small goals with 1 built in cheat a day)

Do you guys get so frustrated at how long this takes? I am losing at a normal, healthy slow and steady pace - but 299 seems a million miles away. In my brain, I know that this took decades to put on and it wont take just months to take off - but man... I am hoping that eventually all these changes just seem like day to day normal behavior so that I can focus on other things and see how far I have come.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:42 AM   #37  

Where is everyone???
Old 05-19-2014, 07:28 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 310/178/148

Height: 164cm / 5'4''

I'm here

This smiley really reflects my day. It's been a struggle and just when I think it can't get worse it does.

I succumbed tonight and settled for the comfort choice instead of the healthy option but have a plan in place for tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is well.

Bek.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:40 AM   #39  

I'm around just being quiet. Don't have much to say, I guess.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:53 AM   #40  

My family is being cursed with health issues lately and this just reinforces why I have to lose this weight!!!!!
Old 05-19-2014, 12:38 PM   #41  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Sorry to be MIA again for so long. Had a bad week, but I'm back.

Welcome, Heather and Rose.

Debbie, so sorry to hear about your sister.

Heather, Personally, I rarely eat only a salad for dinner. I do try to eat a salad *with* dinner most days when I'm OP. I go low or no lettuce (not filling!) and heavy on the crunch (bell pepper, cucumber) and flavor (tomato, onion, and sometimes olives). I only add cheese, chicken, tuna, etc., if in fact this is going to be my whole meal (but more often that's a lunch thing, not dinner). A good crunchy salad with things I like in it makes it much easier to eat a small entree.

PS: In the interest of full disclosure I should say that since my plan is WW, if I make a salad with just veggies (no olives even) and use Kraft fat-free Italian dressing, such a salad is 0 points. That's one reason I add them to dinner on a regular basis. I realize that when calorie counting this might not seem like a great plan, but not having to count veggies makes me happy.

Judy, glad to see you've been stringing together good days.

Hello to all I missed!

Okay. Among other things I'm going to try not to go MIA again.

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 05-19-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:16 PM   #42  
starting over again

dgramie sorry to hear about your family's health issues, hope that they can make a healthy recovery

Vortex_VVV - you know, I haven't been back on the site long, and you have been a big welcoming voice on every thread, thanks for you posts and welcome back to you as well

j-ann and Lucy Lastic - you both seem to be doing really well - I hope I can catch up to you soon!
Old 05-21-2014, 09:39 AM   #43  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

So I said I wouldn't go missing again, and then I did.

Yikes. Okay, I'm back. Again.

But where's the rest of the gang?
Old 05-21-2014, 09:45 AM   #44  

I'm missing a lot when I shouldn't be either. I'm fighting junk binges and I can't get it together. I've already blown today and it's not 10 AM yet. I think my Mojo must have just stopped for a visit last week, then left the building.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #45  
starting over again

I am here, fresh off the worst binge I've had in months (3 days of eating like a fool over the weekend) but a good day yesterday and in the end as long as there are more better days than worse days, then I am making progress!

Last edited by lostbutstilltrying; 05-21-2014 at 06:40 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
Closed Thread