Old 02-25-2013, 01:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/248/158

Height: 5'7"

Default Losing weight in weird places

Today I noticed that I've lost a bit of fat from my feet, of all places! There used to be enough flesh that I couldn't feel the bones in my feet, but now I can!

I just thought it was really funny, when I have so much weight to lose in more obvious places! Has anyone else noticed themselves losing weight from random places like this?
FerrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:32 AM   #2  
Advanced Beginner

S/C/G: 304/ticker/150

Height: 5'5''

Yes, definitely in my feet, too. My toes are beginning to look like other people's toes, and I can see my toe knuckles
Also around my neck, chin and upper chest. I have collarbones now!
Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:34 AM   #3  

That's so cool about your collarbones- I look forward to rediscovering mine at some point!

Isn't it funny about the feet? I guess I never assumed there was much fat there!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #4  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

My feet were the first to go down. Partly because they were so swollen all the time. My face has also trimmed down quite a bit, but looking back at photos, I think that was the first place I gained it. The best and most visible results in my mind at least are my upper legs. They look so foreign to me now!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #5  
the muse of memory

Yes, I've lost weight all over. I've gone down 1 to 1.5 ring sizes across my hand. Most of my old ring-finger rings now only work on my index fingers. My old index-finger rings no longer work anywhere.

I can now wear normal-person sized bangles, and my old bangle bracelets from Catherines are borderline too big.

I have lost weight from around my face and neck, enough that I have a bit of loose skin, though not bad, underneath my chin. I've lost weight from my earlobes! I used to have trouble wearing studs in my extra piercings because the length of the studs was too short and they would get irritated. No longer.

I have definitely lost weight in my feet, and I also noticed that loss fairly early (well, still a long-way down from my highest weight). I have gone from wearing 8 WW or 8.5 WW shoes to wearing 7.5 to 8s. Mostly the 8s are a bit too big. Usually still wides, but I can fit into shoes that are not wide widths and sometimes they work. I have funny shaped feet and expect I will always need wide shoes, though.

The changes are astonishing, all around.
mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #6  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

I've lost almost 100 lbs and I think I've gone down a shoe size (or a half). I've definitely gone down in width at the very least. My fingers, neck, and wrists shrunk a lot more than I thought they would. I can also see my collar bones and shoulder blades (never seen those guys before!!).
Tziri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #7  

I have been told my eyes look bigger and brighter since I have lost weight so my face must have thinned out a bit.

I also got to take extenders out of my necklaces so I must have lost neckweight too.

AND!! I can feel my shoulder bones and made my husband touch them the other night, I never even remember having them!

I have a pair of sexy strappy sandals that I keep trying but can't get on yet. I'm hoping by the spring, if not the summer, that I can wear them again.

I'm so excited for all of us!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:06 AM   #8  

mnemosyne, I think you win the 'weirdest place to notice weight loss' title- earlobes! Who would have thought it!

Aren't bodies funny how they work? I've been looking forward to going down in clothing sizes, I hadn't even thought about shoe and ring sizes. Even more to look forward to!
Old 02-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #9  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

I will see you all your hands, feet, ear lobes and raise you... *looks around innocently*

*cough*

Girly bits!

Had to get rid of some fave undies that would fit the hips but were sagging in the seam so to speak.

*facepalm*
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 305/154.6/???

Height: 5ft 3

The back of my hands. When I move my fingers now I can actually kind of see the bones in my hand moving along with them. Um, you know what I mean?

I'm pretty new to these boards and I have no idea if it's okay to revive this thread. I hope it is.
It's just... this is such a new discovery for me. Honestly, the thought hadn't even occured to me that I would lose fat in my hands, too. At times I feel like a baby "discovering" her body for the first time. Like my baby niece when she first discovered her thumb and stared at it in wonder and amazement. Does that sound weird?
JenteIsving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenteIsving View Post
The back of my hands. When I move my fingers now I can actually kind of see the bones in my hand moving along with them. Um, you know what I mean?

I'm pretty new to these boards and I have no idea if it's okay to revive this thread. I hope it is.
It's just... this is such a new discovery for me. Honestly, the thought hadn't even occured to me that I would lose fat in my hands, too. At times I feel like a baby "discovering" her body for the first time. Like my baby niece when she first discovered her thumb and stared at it in wonder and amazement. Does that sound weird?
Welcome Jenteisving! Revive any thread that might help you!

Just today my husband was holding my hand while he was driving and said "wow, look how bony and thin your hand is!". And I replied "it's not big and swollen and choking my rings anymore". I need to just say thank you!

Last edited by elvislover324; 03-23-2013 at 06:03 PM.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: sig

Height: 5'10"

My face, fingers, and feet are always first lol. The LEAST fat parts of me.
Sunday115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 305/154.6/???

Height: 5ft 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Welcome Jenteisving! Revive any thread that might help you!
Thanks, elvislover! It always takes me a while to go from lurking to posting on forums.
JenteIsving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 327/301/250

Height: 5'3"

I just had to go buy shoes two days ago for my sisters wedding this weekend... I tried on a wide, but they didnt have the color i needed in a wide, so i tried on the regular... and its fit (not perfect) but it fit!!!!!!! I was excited cause I LOVE THE SHOES!!!!!!!

I was most excited to lose it in my face...
NikonGirl30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6"

I have also lost at least a ring size. I've lost (like GONE) both my engagement ring (last year this time) and a little over a week ago, my wedding ring. The engagement ring & wedding ring both went flying off my hand at a park last year & my husband, kids & I spent over an hour crawling around the ground looking for them. My husband kept looking after I had given up and found my wedding ring, but now it is gone too. I have been wearing a journey ring he bought me when he came back from Iraq the last time on my wedding finger, until we can afford new ones, but it is not the same. I want the old ones back.

Seriously, if your rings are lose due to weight loss... don't be an idiot like me, get them resized before it is too late!
IAmTheGlue is offline   Reply With Quote