Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 02:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/progress/life

Default 300+ Wellness Goals-October 2011

Here's how it works: Everyone of us has wellness goals. Break those goals up into small, achievable steps and challenge yourself to meet your goals by the end of the month. They can be a number of pounds lost; please keep it reasonable and safe, dietary goals, goals to change your mindset, etc. Let's all support and encourage each other on this life long journey. Don't get discouraged if you don't meet your goal, just keep on challenging yourself.

You can join at any time.

This website might help you WITH GOAL SETTING: http://www.goal-setting-guide.com/go...-of-your-goals

Remember goals should be...
■S = Specific
■M = Measurable
■A = Attainable
■R = Realistic
■T = Timely
Old 09-30-2011, 02:04 PM   #2  

It is time for me to work on accountability.
Post about diet and activity (and all such kinds of nonsense I deem appropriate for the day) every day.
That's it, it's a big one!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

October Goals...
Post daily during the week.
Track food everyday!
Go to the gym AT LEAST once a week.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:06 PM   #4  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

My October Wellness Goals

Track calories every day on livestrong/myplate
Exercise at least 30 min/day Tue-Friday and at least 15 min/day Sat-Mon
Post on 3FC Tues-Friday
Old 10-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #5  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Lose 5- 10 lbs
Eat veggies
do some toning exercise
Old 10-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #6  

Yesterday I spent a good part (3 hours) of my day at the cell phone store getting my daughters phone fixed and ordering a replacement for mine. Which I won't get until Tuesday. Of course it's the internet that is not working right so I missed posting yesterday. I went for a short walk with my pup yesterday and my eating was so-so.
Today is a walk with my mom and we have a healthy lunch planned, fish, potatoes and a big salad. Yum!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 10-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #7  

The good, the bad, and the ugly could sum up my weekend. Good news is I lost 1.2 pounds, I joined the YMCA, and I rode 7 miles on the stationary bike. Bad news was related to some personal things going on with friends and not clean my house or doing things I needed to do. The ugly was I let my emotions deicde what I would eat Saturday night and Sunday night! It was not pretty.
Back on track today. Going to meet with a trainer tonight to set up some type of workout program for me for the next 12 weeks. I really want to be successful! I have to keep working on this emotional eating.
How is everyone?
Old 10-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #8  

I hate when I type an entry and lose it before I post it.
I went fo a 2mile walk with my mom then went to Baskin Robbins for icecream so it was probably a wash. I've been wrting down what I eat but not the points...I intend to improve that. I've been exhausted since vacation, guess I partied too hard. So I have not made time to grocery shop or cook. So much for gluten free right now, luckily my symptoms have been minimal.
Yay for the loss tw. Glad you are back on track. Thanks for the suggestion. I've visited Austin, loved it but think it might be too hot overall.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #9  

Did well yesterday. Was on tack with points and went to the Y. Saturday I rode 7 miles in 45 minutes and felt good about doing something. After meeting with the trainer yesterday and learning where my heartrate SHOULD be, I rode more than 7 miles in 30 minutes! I was drenched but it felt good and I didn't die so I am off to a good start! I am really emotional right now over several things so I am having to try EXTRA hard not to give into poor food choices. I know I CAN do it (but it is hard)!
Goodnuff: That's great you went on the walk and it is great you are writing down all you eat. I'm glad to hear you are going to work on tracking the points. That really is so helpful in determining when you are making improvements. It's easy to "think" you are doing good or bad but when you have the points values (or calories or whatever) you can really see "OH MY I did screw up" or "Look I only overate by 10 points instead of 50 this week."
Good luck with taking that extra step. I know you can do it!
As for Austin it can get hot but it is amazing how you adjust and it is nice most of the year. Good luck with your search!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #10  

Thanks tw. Ugh, I don't know how I missed posting yesterday. I was sure I did. I'll have to make a visual so that I don't miss again.
I had a dr appt yesterday. Why are docs never on time? Then went to the library for 2.5 hours (after another vist to the Sprint store). I'm lterally getting nowhere on my search for a place to move. Then there was family drama and I ate almost a pound of spaghetti. Yep, still having major food issues. I was exhausted, have been since returning from vacation. I went to bed 4.5 hours earlier than normal and slept like crap. I managed to stay in be 13 hours and woke up feeling stuffy, swollen and exhausted. Damn gluten and damn me for eating that much.
K. I'm done complaining now. I think I good long walk is in order.
Congrats on the bike ride. I can't wait to hear more about the personal trainer.
Tim to ceck in lynnie and rachaelm!
Old 10-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #11  
Changing my life

I'm here. I wish the 300+ page was a little more lively, I'm always so excited to see a new post in this section.

I've been logging in to livestrong & tracking calories and fitness every day for 23 days now!!

I've met all of my fitness goals daily and I've only gone over my calories one day out of 23.

This is exciting! I weigh in for the third "official" time tomorrow. I'm ready to see how I've done this week.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #12  

Sorry I missed yeterday. I was home with a sick kiddo. I did pretty well though. I did go over 3 points but I also went to the YMCA last night and did the bike. I rode 12.58 miles in 35 minutes! I don't know if that is really impressive or not BUT I AM IMPRESSED WITH MYSELF! In the first 10 minutes I thought there was no way I could do the full 30 minutes as my legs were sore from Monday but I perservered and did it. Thankfully my legs haven't hurt in just my normal day they only hurt when I went to ride again. Now I don't go again until Saturday. I am trying to do a Monday, Wednesday, Saturday schedule and for the first 4 weeks all I am doing is Cardio on the bike (can't do treadmill because of my back and knee). Then my trainer will show me what machines etc. to do in the next 4 weeks and I don't remember what the last 4 weeks include (both maybe) but it is a 12 week program that will get me through the end of the year. I am looking forward to it. I lost my first 60 pounds without any serious exercise and I think it is time to add the exercise if I am going to continue being successful. Time will tell.

Goodnuff: I'm sorry you're struggling. Coming back from vacation was hard for me too. I finally just had to take charge of "my life" and get other areas back on track so my eating would get better. I felt like I was kind of letting life happen "to" me instead of me doing what I needed to do. Of course I still struggle but it is SO much better right now. So don't give up. Keep pressing forward. Take charge!

rachaelm: I agree! I wish there were more post in the 300+ section as well. I also wish there were more posts in this thread. I think people are getting back into the swing of school and fall and all that entails that they are not getting on the boards (or at least not posting). I have a feeling it will pick up in the next few weeks with the holidays coming. Congratulations on all your tracking and exericse! You are doing awesome!

Lynnie: OK, where are you? How are you doing?

ilbnej: Still MIA!! We miss you.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:17 PM   #13  
Changing my life

Hey guys, hope you are all having a good day.

- goodnuff - I hope you're feeling better, and back on plan. Vacations are hard, they throw you off your routine & it always takes me a while to recover.

- tw - sorry to hear about a sick baby, that's the worst, although, that's the best time for snuggles! You are really rocking the exercise! Great job. I can't wait til my ticker is showing 60 pounds lost.

So, I was really pumped this morning when I weighed in, I lost four pounds last week, bringing my total lost to 12 since September 12!!! Woohoo!!
Old 10-07-2011, 12:41 AM   #14  

Woo hoo rachaelm!!!
And tw for the exeriseing...I'm impressed too!
I'm +0.6 for the week. Waitng for my new phone to come in so I can track on WW online, gonna try something new. Exercise is no good. My right knee and ankle are bothering me terribly. Very sensitive to any sis to side movement. Maybe RA, who knows?!
Have a great weekend all!
Old 10-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #15  

rachaelm: WOW!! A 4 pound weight loss. That is wonderful. Oh how I miss those days. :-) Keep up the great work. Your ticker is going to show a 60 pound weight loss really fast at this rate. Remember though, it will slow down (not stop just slow down). I don't say that to discourage you but rather to prepare you. Keep it up as long as you can!!!
Goodnuff: I love tracking on my phone. It does help to have it so handy. I just started tracking on the phone this summer but I do like it. Being up .6 isn't bad at all for the trouble you've had getting back into the swing of things. I know it is REALLY EASY to get all upset over a gain but remember it is ONLY .6 and it (and more) will be back off before you know it. :-) Sorry your knee is hurting. I have a lot of trouble with mine too. I also have a Bakers cyst that has been becoming imflamed with the exercise tapes I do at home but I have been really excited to see that the Stationary Bike has not bothered it. Of course, Advil helps pre and post workout. :-) I also take OsteoBiflex. My mom was able to delay a total knee replacement for several years by using the OsteoBiflex so I figure it can't hurt.
I had a pretty good day yesterday. A little over in points but not too bad and everything was tracked. I am going out tonight for dinner/drinks/and movie so I am a little concerned about WI in the morning. Hopefully it will still be good. Y'all have a great weekend!!! I'll check in later today to look for new posts.
Closed Thread