Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #16  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/progress/life

I'm liking using my phone, so convenient because honestly I have it on my 80% of the time anyway, it'll just take timeto get used to doing it right before or right after I eat. I'll look into Osteobiflex...motrin and tylenol have been helping. I did my MCA routine Friday and today. Go me!
I hope your WI went well!
Talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 10-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

Well the good news is I went out with my "friend" Friday night stayed out all night and had FABULOUS time. The bad news is I drank too much and missed my WI Saturday morning. The good news is I did go to a meeting Sunday afternoon but WI showed a gain of 1.2 (the same amount I lost last week). But it was an afternoon WI not a normal morning WI for me and I was probably retaining a little water from the alcohol. The good news is I went to the Y after the WW meeting and rode 12.6 miles! Food was on track Saturday and Sunday! Doing good today as well. Planning on going to the Y tonight but know it will be painful since I just worked out last night. Gotta love that Advil!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:28 AM   #18  

Yay Advil!!
I'm so happy that you had fun...sometimes fun is worth a + on the scale, especially when you are right back on track. You go girl!
Just starting to have more energy again, it feels good! Hoping for another beautiful day tomorrow so I can take the pup for a walk.
If not than at least my MCA routine and some house cleaning. Next week is birthday week, lots of plans ;-)
Old 10-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #19  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning all!

I'm so glad to be here this morning! A month in & still excited. That's a victory right there.

Goodnuff - Go you is right. Great work on the exercise!

Tw - so glad you had a fabulous time out, it's important to still live your life. Sorry the WI was a little disappointing, but I know it will all even out. And BTW, you are making me a little jealous with all that awesome bike riding!!

I had a great weekend myself. My anniversary was Saturday, and I gave myself a planned off plan day. We went to a swanky steakhouse & had a very nice romantic dinner. I did still track my calories, I don't want to miss a day for that. Then back on plan for Sun & Monday, so I know today won't be hard to stay POP.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #20  

rachaelm: That is cool that it is a month in and you are still excited. You are doing great. That was awesome how you planned you "day off" for your anniversary and got right back on track. Happy Anniversary!

Goodnuff: So glad the energy is coming back. I KNOW that feels good. I hope you and your pup got in a nice walk today. It is BEAUTIFUL here.

I did go to the gym again last night and rode 12.59 miles in 35 minutes. I do feel like I am going to die while doing it but it feels SO good to know I am getting my heartrate up and in the "cardio zone" for 30 minutes and moving! It didn't hurt as bad as I anticipated last night so that was good too. Tonight is soccer practice with my daughter and then something for dinner at home. Probably left over grilled chicken and green beans. Food is going well. Mom wants to go to dinner tomorrow night so I will move my workout to Thursday but I have to find a "good" restaurant for dinner so I don't blow my food.

Goodnuff: Is your birthday the 20th? Mine is the 18th. Still not sure what I will be doing for it. You?
Old 10-11-2011, 10:27 PM   #21  

I'm excited that you're still excited rachaelm! That's awesome. Happy Anniversary! And happy POP day!

Tw, good for you going to the gym so consistently. I'm proud of you!

My bday is the 16th. I'm going for Mexican with my niece and then we are watching bridesmaids at her house. Monday I'm going to see my bff. Wednsday is lunch with friends. Thursday is girls night out with co-workers. Yep, another week to be careful but have fun.
Have a good dinner with your mom.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:31 AM   #22  
Changing my life

Good morning!

Guess it's just the three of us in this wellness thread? I'm just glad someone is posting!

Thanks TW & goodnuff, I was proud of myself last night, missed my usual workout here @ the office, but still made myself do some light weightlifting & situps at home. My son was really impressed (he's 4) "I didn't know you could lift weights" He usually just sees Dad lifting.

Tw - I hope you have a good dinner out with your Mom. MSN just had an article about how you can eat at a restaurant for 400 calories. Link HereNothing really earth shattering in there, but at least some good ideas.

goodnuff - I've been wanting to see Bridesmaids! That looks so funny. I still haven't been out to a Mexican restaurant since I've been calorie counting. I know there are healthier choices on the menu. I don't know why I'm letting myself be scared. I do have SOME self control. A little. LOL
Anyway, you do have a lot of social activities coming up, but I think you've got exactly the right attitude, be careful but have fun!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #23  

I'm not sure why this thread has gotten sooooo quiet! I do see it gets "visited" a lot, I wish people would join in. Part of losing weight and keeping it off is making lifestyle changes. Part of making changes is repeatedly setting goals and trying your best to achieve them. It's been far too long since I've met my goals but I'm not giving up. Continuously setting goals has helped me lose what I have. To make some big improvementin my life, eve when I slide back into old habits I find myself turning it around quicker and quicker the longer that I'm on this journey.
I have "met" some awesome people through 3fc. And I guess like anywhere else in life that saying about people coming into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime is true.
ATTENTION LURKERS: PLEASE JOIN US. WE ALL HAVE A LOT TO OFFER EACH OTHER. EVEN IF IT'S JUST NEW GOAL IDEAS. JOIN BECAUSE YOU NEED THE SUPPORT. JOIN US JUST FOR A MONTH. OR JOIN US FOR A LIFETME. WE'D BE HAPPY TO HAVE YOU!
ATTENTION PAST POSTERS: I MISS YOU! WE MISS YOU! WHETHER YOU'VE MET ALL YOUR GOALS OR HAVE TAKEN A TEMPORARY LEAVE OF ABSENCE, STOP BY, LEAVE A POST, LET US KNOW HOW YOU ARE!
Old 10-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #24  

rachaelm: Thanks for the link to the article. I'm not sure where we will go tonight. My mom is supposed to let me know. A lot of the times it is Mexican and I have started sharing my meal with my daughter so hopefully I can stay away from too many chips/queso and do OK. I can TOTALLY see why you haven't done Mexican food since starting. It is really hard unless you just want the chicken breast with veggies. It is definately something to plan for and to not go when you are starving. :-)
Goodnuff: Wow, you do have a lot planned for your birthday. Bridesmaids is hilarious. I do not have a clue what I will be doing. Well actually my co-workers always buy me lunch so that will happen one day and I have taken off work on my birthday. Not sure if I will be going to the movies alone or if one my girlfriends will be getting together with me or if my "friend" and I will be doing something. In any case I will be off work and my daughter will be at daycare! YEAH!
I did good with eating yesterday. Actually I think for the first time ever I did not eat all my points for the day. It was very strange to not be hungry and have 9 points left over. That is definately not something I will be doing regularly but since I used 8 weekly points the day before I guess it all evens out. Today is good so far; just gotta keep tonight in check!
Have a great day!!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #25  

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing. I hope everyone has great stress free day. My goals are to continue my new life style plan with some changes. My trainer wants me to up my calories to 1500 and eat 5 times a day. I'm uncomfortable witj that but I am going to do it. She says we have to stoke our bodies throughout the day like steam engine so that we burn fat not muscle. She is an inspiration. She has lost 80+ and has kept it off for 5 years.

Here is my life style plan: coumt calories, keep food diary, weigh everyday, go to gym as often as possible with water aerobics, be positive and don't fret over the small stuff. I have been following these rules i made for my self since January. I feel really good. I no longer walk with cane which a great achievement for me.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:49 PM   #26  
Changing my life

Welcome Pearl, I'm so glad you're here.

Sounds like you have some great goals. And 10 months of following your rules is a major achievement!

Congratulations on all of your success so far & we're happy to cheer you on to more!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:54 AM   #27  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

This months goals seem to be going quite well. The toning exercise has been coming along with the fact that I have to lug almost 40 lbs of product in totes at work.
It nice to see everyone being so accountable. I will try to be more often especially on the four days I have off.

Lynn
Old 10-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #28  

It is so good to see some more activity here. Welcome Pearl! I agree with rachaelm, 10 months of following your life style plan is awesome! I tend to agree with your trainer and the 5 small meal a day. I really notice that I do better when I do that too. At first I was kinda confused by the phrase "5 meals a day" but when I realized it was the same amount of calories (or points or whatever plan you are on) just spread out over 5 meals instead of 3, it realy helped. I am not near as hungry and I am less likely to overeat that way. I should have done that yesterday! Keep up the good work!
lynnie:It is so good to "see" you again. It seems like just yesterday you hit 299 and now you are already 295! That is awesome! Are you liking your new job? It does sound like it is helping with the toning. :-) 40 pounds, wow!
I went to eat Mexican with my mom and step dad last night and it was not pretty. I did only drink water and did not have dessert but I ate WAY TOO MANY chips with queso. I had planned a lot of points and best I can figure they probably covered my meal but not all the chips/queso. I do have my weekly points and exercise points but I really didn't want to used them. OH well, gotta keep moving forward. Going to the Y tonight to ride off some more calories and increase my cardio endurance. :-) Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #29  
Changing my life

tw - sorry that Mexican restaurant caused you some food guilt. Stupid chips. LOL You're right though, MOVE forward! You're rockin the exercise.

Lynn - 40#??!! Phew, that will definitely help tone. You are going to be strong. I think that's the thing I'm most excited about, I feel stronger. Do you?

Pearl - I hope you're having a good, on plan day! How's the smaller, more frequent meal thing going?

goodnuff - I hope all is well in your world.

As for me, I am meeting my goals for posting, calories, and exercise. Woot!

Y'all have a great day!
Old 10-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #30  

WELCOME Pearl!!! Wow, 10 months in already, wtg!
Tw, I see some chip and queso indulgence coming my way too. What I've done that works in the past is taking 14 chips out of the basket in the beginning and that pushing it away. And now I order the small queso even though it's not the better "deal". Just kep biking, just keep biking (just like Dory says in "Finding Nemo")
Lynn, hope to see you more. Glad to hear that work is lending a hand to your toning goal, lol.
Rachaelm, woot woot on meetng goals. Keep it going!
My follow up for the MCA went well. He fine tuned how I was doing the exercises to get better results. I might even pay to go back in 2 weeks to make sure I'm doing them correctly. I missed WW today, I was tired...now I'm bummed. Looking to go tomorrow instead if I'm not needed to work early.
Closed Thread