Old 04-19-2011, 10:59 AM   #16  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

That is a huge accomplishment, and don't let any little meanies take that away from you! That was really crappy of those people. Ugh. People can be so horrible.

But it is also good to remember that not all people are jerks. Just this Sunday I had a man come up to me in the gym and say it was good to see me back at it, and good going. For all the jerks out there, there are also people who will cheer you on. Hopefully you will meet some of them soon too.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #17  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

If there is a next time, walk over, smile at him...tell him you heard the mating call and offer your number. Shock value will be on your side. If he pops off with something else, eye him up and down and tell him you just love breaking little boys like him and you'd be more than glad to let his g/f watch.

Crude, classless...and the reaction is priceless.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #18  

Height: almost 5'3"

Congrats on your weight loss...you are doing awesome! I do understand the hurt you felt. I once had a doctor treat me terrible because of my weight when I really was in pain and need medical care. I'd rather feel good about the person I am inside than be so mean like they were no matter what my weight is at!
joy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #19  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Aw hon, I am so sorry that that happened to you. People can really be vicious sometimes and, unfortunately, they're hard to block out.

Remember where you've come from and where you're going. 40lbs is incredible!! You are doing something about your so-called "problem", they will likely be rude and mean all their lives. Personally, I'd rather struggle with weight than have their small-minded, nasty issues.

You're doing such a great job, keep up the good work!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 304/304/199

Height: 5'3

I'm so sorry that happened to you. People can be absolutely horrible at times. As much as their words hurt, you have to remember how FANTASTIC you are! Congrats on your weight loss so far. You are doing an amazing job. Keep it up
Creating Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/169

Height: 5'7"

WOW! Let me first say you are the strongest, most kind person I have ever met in my life.
I am mean, short-tempered, and evil. And I know it. The things that I would have said or done to him probably would have sent him crying home to his mother and would have had me laughing all the way to the ice cream aisle to celebrate. We both wouldve lost, but mine wouldve felt a **** of a lot better than his.
but im getting off topic.
You know your worth, thats why you are losing the weight: so that you can live to your full potential. the jackass in the store wasnt enough to deter you, so nothing will.
i like to "angry exercise" which is when i think of something that freaking pissed me off and i take it out on the treadmill (bike, elliptical, track, etc)
by the end, im usually sweating buckets, and crying rivers, but i feel so much better and i burned calories...
you
will
make
it.
believe it for yourself because we all believe it for you
mystyblue85 is offline   Reply With Quote