Old 04-11-2011, 01:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 364/353/165

Height: 5'6"

Default Sweating in inner thighs :(

So, I'm a brand new CNA in a long term care facility, and management insists on keeping the place at about 90 degrees. Today is my second day off of orientation, and I thought I was going to die. I even had sweat dripping off my nose. Of course we're required to wear long scrub pants, closed toe shoes and socks, etc., and I'm just dying. Got home an hour ago and my hair is still damp

Anyway, my question is-is there anything that I can do about excessive sweating in my inner thigh area? I didn't have time to find a mirror and look, but it's so bad that I am sure it looks like I'm running around with wet pants! Is there anything I can do besides be embarrassed every day?

Also-I have heard that people who lose a lot of weight suddenly become cold all the time, if this has happened to anyone, how much weight did you have to lose? I'm worried I won't be able to keep my job because of the heat Thanks for any help!
Kitsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:57 AM   #2  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

i started feeling cold very shortly after i started my lower calorie plan (at 1200-1400 cals/day), and upon doing some research it's fairly common when larger people start losing weight, because they aren't ingesting enough calories for their body to warm itself, they feel cold. when i adjusted my calorie range up to 1600-1800 the 'i'm freezing!' feeling went away. so the 'feeling cold all the time' bit probably isn't a good sign.

as for the sweat, there's a product that pure romance makes that's typically used for the wet spot on the sheets and dries it right out, but it's also really good for the chub rub in the thigh area. kinda pricey though. have you tried something like an underarm antiperspirant? i haven't tried it on my thighs, but in the summer time i use the spray stuff on the undersides of my breasts and it seems to work wonders (sorry if that's TMI!)
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:04 AM   #3  

lol-you're good, I was embarrassed to even ask this question, but gosh I about died today, and it's only going to get worse as summer comes. I haven't tried anything yet since it's just my second day, and I have never sweat this much, ever! Thanks for the tip, I actually didn't even know there was a spray on stuff, I will check it out when I go to the store tomorrow!

I really want to feel cold...I'm the type that goes barefoot and wears t-shirts all winter. Even when it was below zero the heaviest coat I wore all winter was a normal hoodie.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:20 AM   #4  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hi Kitsey,

There is a powder my pharmaist told me about, it is called Zeasorb-AF, and so far so good. And trust me I know all about the inner thigh sweat. Try it, it just may help you and it smells really nice.

Proud o fyou BTW finishing your classes and becoming a CNA, I always knew you could it.

AGs
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 378/378/160

Height: 5'8"

Try just using some gold bond medicated powder. It will burn at first especially if the skin is irritated, but it will clear up any chafting and keep you from it also. My fiance and I both use it when needed and he goes crazy if we run out.
fatgirl nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

I can answer the cold thing - I'm freezing ALL the time. And usually it is a cold to the bone feeling where nothing helps unless I stay in a scorching hot shower for 20 minutes. I sleep with a heating blanket turned on medium, 2 quilts, and 2 dogs now and sometimes wake up too cold still. It is not fun. I think I was 50 pounds down before I started getting cold. My calorie intake is about 1400 a day. I have never read the 'lacking calories for body heat' theory before. I will now hold onto hope that when I am finally in maintenance, I will be warm again...

When I had the sweaty thigh problem, I would use baby powder, along with always having a pair of bicycle shorts on under skirts, the kind that wick away moisture. I bet that would work with the scrubs too if the scrubs are roomy.
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 275-280/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

That takes me back! The exact same stuff happened to me when I first started as a CNA. It's hot as **** in nursing homes. I remember being so embarrassed dripping with sweat and hating that it would look like I wet myself because my thighs would sweat so bad. Over time it will get better as your body gets used to it. I chose pants that were dark so the sweat wouldn't show as bad (light colored scrubs seemed to make the sweaty areas stand out more). For underarms I'd say give Certain Dri a shot because it does help. I'd carry a little fan with me too if I were you so in moments you get a chance you can cool off a little. I hope it helps
ilidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #8  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

The cold feeling is because we larger ladies are losing insulation as we lose weight, we are used to not having to heat ourselves as much because of the "extra insulation" its like if you have a super tight super insulated house like I do, you only ever turn the heat up to 65 to keep it warm because the heat stays in so well. I started getting cold about 10lbs down...I remember I was in cali last year and dropped 20 lbs in 6 weeks because I was in a different environment and was moving more and also had WAY less stress. abut halfway through my visit with family I had to start carrying a blanket around the house with me because I was sooooo cold! its been like that ever since....it went away a bit last year when I gained that 20 lbs back but when I lost it again I was cold again. i still get sooo cold..I started wearing hoodies with my shorts, I love shorts so I will never give them up, but it became necessary for me to wear sweat pants to bed in SO CA when I was down there last year....was 115 that day and I went to bed in sweat pants and 2 blankets with no AC in the house and no, I wasn't sick....not that week anyway. Once you reach goal and maintain it for a while you will start to warm up because your body will get used to burning more calories to keep you warm. Though in the 90 degrees in the nursing room you might not get a chance to feel cold, that might be perfect for you. I tend to keep the house at about 80 or 85 these days...that seems to be comfy for me....or I keep a blanket with me. im only about 30-40 lbs down overall with having gained and lost about 20 lbs for a while.
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/progress/life

Gold Bond works super well and is better than baby powder because it doesn't clog the pores as easily. Clogged pores equals sores and that's no fun either. I wear a panty liner to absorb extra sweat, nothing is more embarrassing than leaving a crotch sweat mark on a chair when you stand up. I look forward to being cold...out of all things fat related I hate the sweating most. I go on a thermostat rampage at work, I tell my co-workers they can put more clothes on but if I take anymore off it'd be downright indecent exposure.
goodnuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:54 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 303/303/150

Height: 5'4"

I second the poster that mentioned Zeasorb-AF. I have the same problem, and I've been so embarrassed by it that sometimes I just wouldn't even bother to go out at all.

I've tried other types of powders. I used to use Gold Bond medicated, but it burns my skin like you wouldn't believe and I'd be in tears for hours after an application. The Zeasorb is very mild and works fast, which is a plus. You also don't have to use a lot of it - a little goes a long way.

The only downside to it is that it can be expensive - the cheapest that I've found it is 8.99 a bottle. But it's so worth it.

-ff
FrozenFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsey View Post
So, I'm a brand new CNA in a long term care facility, and management insists on keeping the place at about 90 degrees. Today is my second day off of orientation, and I thought I was going to die. I even had sweat dripping off my nose. Of course we're required to wear long scrub pants, closed toe shoes and socks, etc., and I'm just dying. Got home an hour ago and my hair is still damp

Anyway, my question is-is there anything that I can do about excessive sweating in my inner thigh area? I didn't have time to find a mirror and look, but it's so bad that I am sure it looks like I'm running around with wet pants! Is there anything I can do besides be embarrassed every day?

Also-I have heard that people who lose a lot of weight suddenly become cold all the time, if this has happened to anyone, how much weight did you have to lose? I'm worried I won't be able to keep my job because of the heat Thanks for any help!
Been lurking, but wanted to answer this. Monastat makes a product called anti-chaffing powder gel. It's odorless, colorless, and not greasy. It works well to prevent sweat and chaffing. Also, doesn't leave a powder stain or embarrassing powder marks. Hope this helps!
NannyOgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:41 AM   #12  

Hi guys, I'm so sorry for the delay in replying. Just got done working 11 days in a row and have caught a cold from one of my residents :/ Thank you SO much to everyone for all your suggestions, I'm writing down each and every one and will try them all until I come across one that works I tried some antiperspirant spray last week, but it didn't seem to do anything :/ I found the Monastat powder and Gold Bond powder at Walmart today, I didn't see the Zeasorb-AF-but I can always order online to try that one. I just feel so terrible-I've never had this problem before! I'm sure I'm not allowed to touch the thermostat at work

Wow...I'm actually surprised to hear how severe the 'cold' feeling can be-I can't imagine being comfortable in an 80 degree home-even if I was in shorts! I guess I don't actually want to be cold-cold-just be able to be comfortable at work and not feel like I'm about to drop. Right now I seriously wonder if I can do my job because of how hot I get

Once again-THANK YOU everyone so much, you have no idea how much it helps just to know I'm not the only one who's had to suffer this embarrassing problem.