Old 03-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Learn -- I love Sweet Tomatoes! It has a huge salad bar, lots of soups.... but you have to be careful. Lots of foccacia, pastas, desserts. That said, I do like the food. Some of the soups seem a little salty. Oh, and a lot of their nutrition info is online. When hubby and I were losing we went there all the time and just wrote everything down. They also have Souplantation restaurants out west. Here's their website: http://www.souplantation.com/

I'm really struggling again. I need to write everything down again!!!

Kitchen remodel still on hold while we wait for counters... a couple more weeks.

BUT, the bathroom project we started will be done by the end of this week!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:07 PM   #47  
300+ Chick

Learn... Great job on staying on plan and your 30 minutes walking!! Yahoo!!

Heather..Sending you staying on plan vibes your way..You can do it!!

I am homebound on this Tuesday and did sqeeze in a morning walk to the store to get diet coke. I am a stay at home caregiver and need to be here home waiting for the phone company to fix my disabled sister phone. I hope I can continue my walking before dinner this evening..

My food choices for my morning and snack meal was good and will stay on plan.

Have a great on plan and fitness day!! We can do this ladies!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #48  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hey, ladies, I'm home but things have been way hectic. Just popping in; I'll be back for real tomorrow.

Debbie, so glad those grandkids are both where they're supposed to be now!

Angela
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:44 AM   #49  

Height: 5'7"

Hubby came in with baked beans last night. I had planned on eating green beans but measured out a serving of baked beans even though they are high in carbs. I would have loved a larger serving but stuck to my plan. Carbs came in at 101 for the day. I try to stay under 100. Not bad truly for a change of plan meal.
Learn- how are you feeling?
angela- thanks Im glad they are both home. Cant wait to see them again.
heather- how are you?
lilianne- good job on getting your walk in. We have been so rainy I dont get to walk outside much.I cant wait to walk outside daily and enjoy the signs of spring.
Carol- are you rested up from your trip?
ruth- how are you?
judy- got things settled back in place after the flood?
Im afraid to go downstairs at my house for fear of a wet basement. We have had soooooooooooo much rain and got about 2 inches overnight.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:54 AM   #50  

Good morning girls,
I had a great day eating wise and even got some time on the Wii Fit Plus.
Scale inched up a bit, but I'm pretty sure it's TOM related becuse of my mood change. The week before TOM I get irritable and wanna punch someones lights out. LOL! Maybe it's a good thing I like the boxing exercise on the Wii.
Just gonna stick to my guns with the carbs and let TOM do his thing in hopes for a nice woosh when he leaves.

dgramie- I am feeling fine except for allergies. The Zyrtec helps some. So sorry your being drenched with all that rain. I'll try to send some sunshine your way.

Angela- Take your time and when things slow down you can catch up with us.

Liliann- Hope your day stayed on plan yesterday and here's to an on plan day today.

Heather- Went to Sweet Tomatoes website. The day I noticed the new restaurant was they're first day open. Checked out the menu and it looks pretty good. Do they have a salad bar there so you can serve yourself and make your own choices? Hopefully we will go this weekend.
O.K. now no more struggling, write everything down and hold yourself accountable. Have a great OP day.

Well that will be it for me, I hope everyone has a fantastic OP day.

Learn
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Having a great POP week foodwise - haven't hit the exercise trail yet. The trip home really took it out of me.
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:37 AM   #52  

getting bored eating the same foods over and over. So what low carb foods are you eating?
Old 03-10-2011, 07:20 AM   #53  

Good morning everyone, I know I have been awol, but I had company since Mon. Of course you can't call it company when it is one of your children. LOL! My oldest daughter came and I have been busy with her. We went through all of my sewing supplies and I gave her all of the things she can use to make doll clothes for the American girl dolls. I don't sew anymore so that gets a lot of things out of the office closet.

We played a lot of card games also. We had fun and enjoyed our time together. Eating was not so perfect, but I am back on the wagon today....firmly seated thank you! LOL!

Today I am cleaning house. I didn't try to do anything while daughter was here, other than fix meals and clean up the kitchen.

Hre is to an op day for everyone...... Ruth
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Learn -- They have a large salad bar you see when you first walk in. You get your salad first, then pay. You can go back for more salad later, just bring your receipt. Also, once a month there are coupons in our newspaper for Sweet Tomatoes.

Sounds like several people are being on plan -- very inspiring.

Our kitchen counters went in yesterday, and while they look beautiful, it was strangely stressful. My husband would have liked to be home for it, but couldn't be, so I was left to give directions about how he wanted things and hope I was right. He came home for about 2 minutes before he went out to a work dinner and didn't seem that happy (in reality was stressed from work). After he left, I felt I had screwed up, and could feel a binge coming.

Instead, I ran into the office to do some work (I'm stuck at home during the day the next few days because of all the work being done), and when I was done had calmed down. I planned to grab something to eat and take it home, but nothing appealed. So I went home and had a favorite OP treat, blueberries in yogurt with some Kashi. Crisis averted!

Hope you all have OP days!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:10 AM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
getting bored eating the same foods over and over. So what low carb foods are you eating?
dgramie- Right now my favorite snack is a small piece of XXtra sharp cheddar and a view small slices of pepperoni.
Lunch today will be a BLT on low carb (7g) pita bread.
Dinner is still kind of up in the air. I may just finish off the beefsteak tomato I sliced off of for lunch and stuff it with some chicken salad I have left over. Or I'm craving green beans, may eat that instead.

Been missing corn most of all, so I walked through the produce section and said hello. LOL!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:34 AM   #56  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Cool, rainy day here. Snow is melting, again. It's a good day for laundry and going through more of the stuff I bagged to get it out of the way when the bedroom had to be torn apart due to our building flood. I'm thinking I still have stuff to donate or toss. The room was getting really out of control and I'm upset w/myself for letting it get that way. I either need to come up with more storage or toss. No more stacking stuff on the floor.

I've been pretty much OP but some of it's forced. I need to go shopping tomorrow or I'll be eating condiments for main courses.

Sounds like a lot of us are fighting to be successful and succeeding.

Off to answer the call of the dryer.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #57  
300+ Chick

Hello Ladies,... Just checking in.. I am doing good on staying on plan and been doing my 1 mile walking regimen..The scale is down, now at 24 Lbs loss so far!! My food choices are good, notice my calories is around 3000...but are all healthy with fruits, proteins and wheat breads and cereal. One more day of walking and weekends are my resting days..

Everyone is doing good and Keep on, keeping on!! Enjoy your evening!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:58 AM   #58  

Good morning all!
Had a great week staying POP all week. Scale is staying still, but I'm sure it's you know who (TOM).
Gonna bring mom lunch again at the ALF. She loved all the attention and the food, so I'll try to do it more often. I'm looking forward to all of next week because my son will be on Spring Break. He's all mine through the 21st. YAY!!!

Heather- How did your husband like the way the counters were put in? I'm sure you directed well.

Judy- Please do some grocery shopping. I don't wanna hear your sucking all the ketchup out of the bottle and heading for the mayo next. LOL!!!

Liliann- AWESOME job staying on plan and exercising. WOW!!! 24 lbs. gone forever!

Carol- We need vacation details please!

Well have a great friday everyone and remember POP IT!!!

Learn
Old 03-11-2011, 06:46 AM   #59  

I have had alot of family drama going on and I dont do drama well. I finally caved last night and ate 2 oreos...and then looked at the package before reaching for the 3rd. OMG just 2 oreos have 20 grams of carbs. I put the bag away and wasnt even tempted again. I was barely at 40 grams for the day before the oreos so Im ok still. Wont make that mistake again. Scales are still stuck but Im blaming Tom also.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #60  

If you are going low carb be sure and check everything you put in your mouth. I was floored to see that my fiberchoice tablets had 8grams of carbs in a serving. I also use a flavored packet to add to water that is loaded with fiber and has carbs also. I also am finding a big difference from one brand of dressing to another. Its funny that Im eating more calories and less carbs and losing weight.

learn- enjoy your sons spring break. Kids grow up way too fast!!

liliann- way to go on the 24lbs loss. Keep up the good work.
heather- great choice to leave home and not give into tempation.

judy- nothing makes me feel better than cleaning out the clutter...it weighs us down just like the poundage does.

ruth- i got some fabric while we were gone to make my granddaughter some sundresses. I cant wait to find time to sit down and make them.I get such joy out of sewing( if it goes smoothly).

carol- im with learn we want details of fun in the sun. So glad your home..i really missed you!

Last edited by dgramie; 03-11-2011 at 07:01 AM.