Old 03-06-2011, 06:24 AM   #31  

Good Sunday morning to all of you.

I was so tempted to send my DH for a mcds biscuit this morning! I overcame that urge and had an OMM and bacon instead. Patting myself on the back for staying op....low carb. We don't have any fast food places in our tiny little town, so it would have meant traveling a few miles. with gas prices being sky high you have to be a wee bit saving with it. (gas)

Learn, we are getting the pollen too. Everything is yellow. My DH suffers more with allergies than I do, but then I tend to stay inside when it is so bad.

Angela, You did so well with the food. I am sure I would have caved to the temptation. Give yourself a pat on the back, cause I can't reach you.

Heather, I sure hope the weather don't mess with your veggie planting. I love fresh greens! My Dh won't plant them though. He is a tomato plant guy now. We always had the big gardens until his back started to bother him. Age changes a lot of things.

Liliann, Hi! Welcome! Just jump right in and get to know us and let us get to know you. As Angela said....haven't you been around 3fatcks before, or was that someone with a similar user name?

I hope you all have a wonderful Sun. Ruth
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:39 AM   #32  
300+ Chick

Thank you Angela,Learn and I will.. I have been posting around on and off and kinda lurk..so now feel like posting again.Good on posting,than snacking!!

Hiya.. Yesterday made bad food choices and not using the foodmover..the weekends are tough since my sister is home from work and she snacks on goodies..ugh! my weakness.

Today am back on keeping a food log on my laptop...watching those calories..I also whipped out my pedometer and since its rainy here, will dance my steps aweigh!! later on.

Everyone is doing good and enjoy your Sunday!! Stay strong and on plan day!! Check in later..
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliann View Post
Yesterday made bad food choices and not using the foodmover..the weekends are tough since my sister is home from work and she snacks on goodies..ugh! my weakness.
Liliann- Is there anyway you can have a talk with your sister and explain to her how important it is for her to support you on your journey. If she's more understanding about how having all that junk food in the house makes you go off plan it could be a major help to you.
My sister lives with us and she can eat potato chips and drink soda. Knowing how much I crave the salt and carb of the chips she keeps them in her room out of my sight. I could care less about the soda she drinks. My whole household knows what I can and can't have and how important this journey is to me. Having family support is a major plus for me!

Learn
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Happy Sunday! Getting a very slow start today and willing myself to the gym. This eating out a lot because of the kitchen remodel is allowing me to try something different with food. Rather than eat 6 small meals, I'm trying 3-4 larger ones. I think I'm still eating a bit too much, however. It is harder to calorie count with foods eaten out.

Yesterday we finished the "mop up" painting of the kitchen -- the spots we didn't have time to finish before. I'm also continuing on my crusade to declutter the house. I figure if I can chuck some old stuff every week, and find places for some of the other stuff, then I will be in pretty good shape by the end of the year. I'm tired of not living in a "grown up" house that looks trashier than it should because I don't put things away and have just too much.

And that's the same way I feel about my body and weight loss. Put a little more effort in and I know I will appreciate the results.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #35  
300+ Chick

Learn..My mom and sisters knows how much am trying to lose weight.My mom hides the junk foods and the only person who eats sweets/chips are my sisters and mom.I don;t care for chips, I do not touch..but when they are eating cake..I give and sometimes cave in ..I must be outside or do something when they are eating. They support me when buying fruits and such,,I can;t afford to be on my own..I must learn to say NO and do my healthy option on not eating..

So far today am doing good.No exercise ,but ate kinda decent...am a fruit lover than veggies and been snacking on oranges..I need to stock up soon while one of my grocery store have them on sale.

Enjoy your evening ladies..
Old 03-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #36  

Height: 5'7"

Wow its seems like I have been gone forever. I am so thrilled to announce that my 13month old grandson got out of the hospital today. The breathing issues was due to them using to large of tube when they put him to sleep for some test. Its was a very scary experience for his mom and dad. I am also thrilled to announce I have a new grandson who was born on thursday. My daughter was in labor less than 3 hours. He weighed 7lbs 9 oz. He is a doll baby!
I am proud of myself! We ate out the whole time we were gone and I stayed on my diet. I threw away so many buns and rolls while we were gone. It felt great. Not sure what the scales are going to say because Tom showed up for his visit.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #37  

scales are the same as they were on thursday morning when I left. So last week I lost 2lbs.
I slept like a baby last night in my own bed. Enjoying my coffee this morning in my regular cup. AWWW the comforts of home!!!!
lets have a GREAT POP week!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:02 AM   #38  

Debbie -- Congrats on both grandchildren AND on scale going down.

Welcome, Liliann!

Got a busy week on tap!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:11 AM   #39  

dgramie- Congratulations on the new grandbaby and I'm so happy to hear your other grandbaby is going to be O.K. Good news all around.

Heather- Staying busy is always a good thing with me. Less time to think about food and my stomach.

Liliann- Have a great day.

I made it POP through the weekend and except for this morning the scale has been moving in my favor. I just kinda froze this morning, no lose, no gain.

We are being bombarded with pollen allergies here in FL., my son's sinuses must have drained all night because right after I woke him for school he started throwing up. Mostly just phlem and mucus (I know TMI, sorry). Needless to say he stayed home from school today.
My eyes are half swollen shut, I'm taking Zyrtec and using eye drops.
I think we'll both just hibernate and avoid the outdoors today.

I hope everyone has a great monday.

Learn
Old 03-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #40  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Water Water everywhere.

Been off line since Friday. Our building is jinxed. Main water pipe to the boiler broke. I was out but arrived home just as they turned off the water. It was 3" deep in the hall and all 4 apts. had flooded carpeted entry halls, and water in the kitchens The two of us nearest the boiler room ended up with seepage into our master bedrooms. That's where my computer wiring is.They pulled up 3' of carpet and removed the pads, and dried the carpets. All the furniture was stacked on the other side of the room, against my closet door! The rug guy came this AM and now, the furniture is back in place, I can get i my closet so I have clean clothes and I'm back on line but it'll take me days to find stuff that was displaced.

Food, believe it or not has been very good!!!!!

We had a thaw on Friday and Sat. and got a foot of snow last night. Come on Spring!

After I get caught up on my emails I'll read back and catch up.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:22 PM   #41  

Allergies! Water damage! And yet staying on plan!!!! Learn and Judy are both inspirations! Good luck to you both!!
Old 03-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #42  
300+ Chick

dgramie...Congrats on the grandbaby!! and way to go on that 2 Lbs loss!!

Learn...Great that the scale is moving on the right direction..keep it going down!! You are doing great!!

Jann...Way to go on your food choices!!

I have walked 1 mile today on a sunny/windy weather, but I enjoyed it. I am using my pedometer and starting to keep track on my walking miles. Its keeps me motivated.

My food choices today, so so..but no one is perfect. I could not resist the daily scale habit and peaked and am down 10 Lbs!! I hope this will be a trend for me..every time I reached a 20-30 Lbs loss, few days later, regain all back..so I will be aware on choosing healthy foods.

Enjoy your evening all!!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Home again! Enjoyed the trip mostly - lots of exercise (I will report them Heather - I didn't get February minutes posted so should have a great number at the end of March to post). Food was not too bad - came home a few pounds heavier and with a rarin' to go attitude. Rude comments have once again made me aware of the fat prejudice in the world.

I'm also considering low carb changes - how many net carbs do you shoot for as a daily goal?
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:32 AM   #44  

Good morning all,

Judy- OMG! What a mess you came home to. So sorry you had that to deal with.

Heather- I am honored to inspire you. How's that kitchen remodel going?

Liliann- AWESOME JOB!!! Walking a whole mile. CONGRATULATIONS on the 10 pound lose. Do I hear a WOO RAH! Oh yes I do... WOO RAH!!!

Carol- Ahh, it is a good day indeed when I see gggirls back from sea. I have missed you friend. In reference to how many carbs, I started counting a week ago last friday and I'm writing everything down. My plan was to stay under 100 carbs (grams) a day, but I'm only averaging 50 to 55 a day and am quite satisfied. Right now I'm only eating meat, veggies, cheese and eggs.

I had a POP day eating and got in about 30 minutes walking. We got another cool front that came through so it was nice outside. I could have stayed outside all day, but just limited it to my walk to avoid the pollen.
Today I have nothing on the agenda, so I guess it's gonna be a me day. YAY!!!

Oh and I wanted to ask, we got a new restaurant in town called Sweet Tomatoes, has anyone ever eaten there? It's suppose to be a salad and soup restaurant. Just wondering if it's any good.

Well I gotta go do nothing, so I better hurry. LOL! I hope everyone has a wonderful tuesday.

Learn
Old 03-08-2011, 06:56 AM   #45  

Carol - You aksed how man ynet carbs. Im not really counting them right now. I did for the first week or so. I am doing what learn is doing, meat, veggies(no potatoes or corn) eggs and im limiting my cheese. I am also trying to add in extra fiber daily. Im also trying to avoid or limit my fruit right now. I think it makes me crave sweets for some strange reason.

judy- wow what a mess!! Amazing you were able to stay pop.

heather- how is the kitchen coming? I dont do the house tore apart well...
liliann- way to go on the loss.

learn- my allergies are starting also. its that time of year here also. I have seen a few easter flowers blooming on the edge of the roads. Im thinking of walking outside today while my kids are at preschool.

Its amazing that I can tell Im losing. I am starting to find my waist again. My jeans fit better already. Cant wait to get down to the 16s again.