Old 01-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Alexis -- If you're a college student, could you work out at the college gym? Usually it's free for students!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:45 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 363/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Have you thought about looking on craigslist? You maybe able to find a better quality machine for less money than a new one. I got a gently used Elipitcal by Bordic track none the less for 150. Well Wishes to all of you!
Mrsralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:20 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 349/T/180

Height: 5'8

I have decided that I am doing a video in the house or walking outside after dark. I am just scared of breaking the machine...regardless of how much I pay, it is still hard earned money that I don't want to lose. So hopefully by the summer, I will meet the weight requirement and purchase one then. Our summers are very hot even at night, so a treadmill will be a great thing to have. Right now if I walk outside, I can layer up...but you can only layer down so much when it is hot.
Thanks for all of the advice and ideas. I knew I could get the answers here...was too embarrassed to ask the guy selling them at Sears.
KTFaith05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #19  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

One thing I've learned about exercising outside is that people think about us far less often than we think they do, if that makes sense. If they notice you at all it would most likely be in passing and then only a fleeting thought. People are generally so wrapped up in themselves and what they're doing that they don't notice someone walking down the sidewalk, heavy or otherwise.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote