Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

Hello there! I'm jumping in a little late but hoping there's always time to meet goals! I have fallen off the weight loss wagon and my hubby's recent diabetes diagnosis has given me a very strong desire to get back on! His diagnosis will save both our lives!! For the remainder of January my goal is to try 5 new recipes that are diabetic friendly and to prove to my hubs that healthy CAN taste great! I'm also going to throw a 6lb weight loss onto my list 'cause I think it's doable. There. That's it for January, in Feb I will add some exercise! (I really hate exercise!)
Old 01-25-2011, 01:26 PM   #122  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/progress/life

Well, I blew through those weekly PP's but still feel my eating has improved overall since last week. Preparation is definitely the key to success for me. I have to work at 8 am tomorrow, I usually go to bed between 2 and 3 so this is going to be a tough one. Once a year they have us renew our neonatal resuscitation and it's always in the morning...grrr, no respect for us evening/night nurses. But the point really was that I am going to pack my breakfast and lunch tonight so that it's not a big rush in the morning. I end up buying food in the cafe at the hospital.
I made the Biggest Loser meatballs but I think I did something wrong because they are a little bland. I found the recipe on spark people so I wonder if it wasn't correct. I'll have to figure out how to make them better because ground turkey is expensive. I also made the ethnic bean soup from Rainbow...yum-o!

I wish we had calorie info on the menus. I know from another blogger that it is a law in NY for chain restaurants to display that info. Maybe someday in little ole WI. I'd like to think I'd make better choices ;-)

I dislike my cooking to the point that I buy baked chicken breasts at the deli and then de-skin and de-bone them at home. A little more expensive but way better than the dried out leather that comes from my oven!

Congrats on the loss tw, any loss is good. I think 275 by Valentine's day is totally doable...you go girl.

Never too late kiki...welcome!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #123  

yoo hoo, where is everyone?

Back up, +3.2! I think it has a lot to do with the GRANDE (I mean as big as my head) Creamsicle Margarita, bar style nachos and churros I ate at 9pm last night. It seems that alcohol make me retain water because every week that I drink I gain. Thankfully it is a rare occasion for me and I had so much fun catching up with a long time friend that it was worth the temporary gain.
WI day means the stat of a new week. I work all weekend and have my meals prepared and packaged so staying OP ind within my PP allowance should, should, be easy. I have not stayed within my PP in a long time, I have been journaling though and that has helped, but I want this to be the week I stay loyal to the program and to myself. Next weekend will be harder, it's Superbowl weekend and I am making myself go out for it. How can I not when I live so close to and work in Green Bay?! I just wish I could have found a Superbowl shirt in my size. Seriously even a men's XXL didn't fit
Old 01-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

Hey where'd everyone go?
I'm doing good with food this week and staying in my points and tracking it. I kinda slacked off on tracking the water. I think I have gotten in my 8 glasses each day but it may have been close a day or two.
I had not exercised at all this week so to get in ym 3 days I had to exercise last night, tonight, and tomorrow (my week starts on Saturday). I did exercise last night but OMGoodness can we say WEAKLING! I have been doing the WiiFit, or Richard Simmons, or Walk Away the Pounds (AND I do Ok with these) BUT THIS TIME I rented Jillians 30 days shred. For those of you that don't know about it, it is a 20 minute workout. That's it! 20 minutes. Then there are 3 Levels with one being the easiest and 3 the hardest but each one is just 20 minutes. All I "did" was the level 1-20 minute workout and I couldn't even do it all but I am sore today. I never thought a jumping jack was hard but somehow over the years (and added gained weight) they are now hard. I can do them but can't even do them for 30 seconds straight. Then there are push ups! The first set I got down on the floor and tried but I just about killed my knees. So the other ones I did while standing and leaning against the wall. Then there is another one that you run in place and kick your legs back to touch your butt while running. Are you kidding me, I do good to "run" in place, I can't kick my butt (or even kick my leg back while running). I weigh 280 pounds. Do the people on the Biggest Loser do this? I fell VERY OUT OF SHAPE! I knew I was out of shape but that was a horrible wake up call. So I haven't decided which form of exericse to do tonight. I WILL do something. I would like to try the 30 day shred again but man do my Quads hurt!
Hope you are all challenging yourself and doing well.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

Hey Goodnuff,
I guess I was posting when you were posting. :-)
Glad you had fun catching up with your friend. I'm not really into football but I love a good party to watch half time! :-) I know what you mean about clothes not fitting. I hate to even look because it just makes me made or sad. But SOON, we will be able to find clothes.
Here is to a good week of staying loyal to the program and yourself!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #126  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

whew....finally got some time to catch up on some personals

good...i soooo agree with you..."preparation is the key" I would rather spend an hour pre-planning and an hour pre-cooking...than to have even 1/2 extra pound on me that i don't want and got there because i was starving and decided to just GRAB anything to eat...instead of something planned, delicious and healthy for me!!! especially on gym days when i come home famished!!! and asking even before i get in the door....ummm what for lunch??? thank the great lord i preplan!!!

kiki...welcome....suggestion: find one thing ie. exercise that you love...seriously, we all have something we love to do....i love swimming...for me, its not like exercise, its more like fun!! so when i go to the gym, i ride the bike, do the weights, zumba, and walk BEFORE i get to swim!!! swimming is my reward!! when you find something you love, you will do it more often. and when you find that thing...treat yourself...i also love biking...i am more of a casual bicycle rider, even so, i love it!! my hubby and i will pack out bikes on the car, pack a lunch, and head to a park to ride for an hour before lunch!! i most of the time can pre-burn up the lunch calories!! whooop whooop!! exercise can be boring, but engaging in an activity that you love...is F-U-N!!

kw....way to go on your loss!!! yippeeeeee!! doesn't it feel GREAT!!! I LOVE YOUR DETERMINATION!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU FOR VALENTINES WEIGH IN!! BOOOYAH!!! BRING IT ON!!!

KT....how did the chicken work out for you??? i love to add a splash of white cooking wine and PONZU citrus sauce just before i take it out of the pan...then when i store it, pour the juices over, and it keeps the chicken moist all week!! KUDOS TO YOU for making such GREAT choices when dining out!! way to go!!

risen....where are you??? are you back on track now?? getting off track happens...just remember to come right back as soon as you can!! hang in there, sending you some hugsand willpower

battle...did u make the pizza?

did anyone try the pizza yet?? oh my i am having fun with variations!!!

ok....so my latest cottage cheese creations....cottage cheese chicken salad, and cottage cheese tuna salad!!

cottage cheese chicken salad by sandwriter77, on Flickr

cottage cheese tuna salad with walnuts and raisins on rusks by sandwriter77, on Flickr

this was a delicious salad i made with some of my white wine chicken!

roasted red pepper chicken and feta salad with pine nuts by sandwriter77, on Flickr

EVERYONE HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!!
susan
Old 01-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #127  
Feed Your Freedom

heehee i guess we were all thinking the same thing!! at about the same time!
Old 01-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #128  

I didn't say I made the pizza?? I did and it was super fabulous...Even Moody said how much she loved it. She wanted to know where I learned to cook all of a sudden. lol. So far I plan on re-making everything I tried because it has been so tasty and pretty easy to make.
Yesterday:
B:Coffee with cream
Early Lunch: Hu-Hot, 4 Dove Dark Promises
s: 10 rice crackers and 2T yogurt spinach dip
Supper:6 slices light french toast, 2T p. butter, 2T butter, 1/4 maple syrup, blueberries
And because I was bored 6 Turkey meatballs with spaghetti sauce and cheese on a roll (17 PP)
I'm sure this was more PP than I expect, I will have to figure it out when I have time. Which is one more thing to strive for...figuring out PP ahead of time more often.
I think it's awesome that you are both finding activities that you enjoy. I ca not wait until I can get back in the pool again. I am pretty sure Jillian's workout would kill me!
Old 01-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #129  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnuff View Post
I didn't say I made the pizza?? I did and it was super fabulous...Even Moody said how much she loved it. She wanted to know where I learned to cook all of a sudden. lol. So far I plan on re-making everything I tried because it has been so tasty and pretty easy to make.
Yesterday:
B:Coffee with cream
Early Lunch: Hu-Hot, 4 Dove Dark Promises
s: 10 rice crackers and 2T yogurt spinach dip
Supper:6 slices light french toast, 2T p. butter, 2T butter, 1/4 maple syrup, blueberries
And because I was bored 6 Turkey meatballs with spaghetti sauce and cheese on a roll (17 PP)
I'm sure this was more PP than I expect, I will have to figure it out when I have time. Which is one more thing to strive for...figuring out PP ahead of time more often.
I think it's awesome that you are both finding activities that you enjoy. I ca not wait until I can get back in the pool again. I am pretty sure Jillian's workout would kill me!
ok...i have to ask...WHAT IS A HU-HOT??
Old 01-29-2011, 01:21 PM   #130  

Hu Hot is a chain restaurant...it's a mongolian grill. They have all kinds of yummy sauces that are low fat and you pick your own meat and veggies. It's fabulous! and at about 10-12 Points plus for a huge plate of food it's fairly healthy for a restaurant meal.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:13 PM   #131  

This is one inspiring thread!!

Thanks for the tips Rainbow, I will keep that in mind. Right now I think I'll start with the treadmill we have in the basement. I find it a bit boring but I put my iPod on and walk to some of my fav tunes REALLY loud. LOL! When the warmer weather comes back around I'll be good to hit the sidewalk. I love a walk outdoors! No money for a gym so you have to make use of what you have right?

New recipes I've tried:
1.roasted cauliflower (YUM...and I never liked cauliflower before!)
2.beef, brocolli and brown rice stir fry
3.ground turkey crock pot lasagna (with whole wheat pasta)
AND
4.Rainbowsmiles PIZZA! OMG...this was good! I'm inspired by your cottage cheese crusade!!

Down 3lbs, 3 to go...6lbs might have been too high a goal for 6days. I don't think I realized how late in the month is was already! But I have tried 4 recipes I can totally try one more this weekend!!

Glad everyone is still doing well!!!
Old 01-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #132  
Feed Your Freedom

kiki....so glad you liked the pizza!! i make all sorts of variations...i love being about to eat the "whole" thing! hahaha

as for your treadmill...when i started i was on an excersie bike, which is all i had...and i made a map....and every time i rode miles...i marked on the map, the miles i had biked...and from jan until the end of june 2008, i rode 1595 miles!!! my hubby and his parents had promised me that if i rode the miles in distance from charleston sc, to prince edward island, canada, they would pay for me to visit there....i can tell you, it motivated me like nothing else!! so on your treadmill, maybe you can put up a map...of some place special you'd like to visit one day and walk there!! anything that motivates right!!

good...that hu hot sounds delish!!!! yum!!
we don't have those here in sc.

hope everyone is having great days!! yesterday...i was so proud of myself...i swam 1 mile!! 72 laps! i was a tired puppy but i was a happy camper!! woohoo!! THIS IS MY YEAR!!

hugs
susan
Old 01-29-2011, 07:40 PM   #133  
Feed Your Freedom

MONDAY 1/24/2011
B: Raisin Date & Walnut Oatmeal, 1 small banana,
2 pcs bacon, coffee
ML: digestive biscuit, 10 almonds on way home from gym!!
L: Chicken & Dumplings, Cottage Pimento Cheese
on Pumpernickle Roll, Ice Water
AL: Green Tea
S: Filet Mignon in Marsala Wine, baked Sweet Potato,
1 tsp butter, 1/2 tbsp brown sugar,
Small salad with 1 small tomato, 1 cup Spring mix greens,
1 tsp pinenuts, 1 tsp italian dressing, 1 TBSP Feta cheese
totals: 1533.5 calories

TUESDAY 1/25/2011
B: Cheesy Ham Frittata, 2 pcs Bacon, Warmed Spice Peaches, Coffee
ML: Green Tea
L: Almond Butter and Peach Preseves on Wheat Sammie,
1 cup Watermelon, 1 Tapioca Pudding, Ice Water
AL: Pumpernickle Melba Toast with Honey Nut Cream Cheese,
7 Bing Cherries
S: Hot Peachy Chicken, Green Beans Almondine, Roasted Orange Bell Peppers, Ice Water
totals: 1327.3 calories

WEDNESDAY 1/26/2011

B: Sweet Potato Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal, 2 pcs Bacon, Coffee
ML: 10 Almonds, 1 Digestive Biscuit
L: Cottage Cheese Chicken Salad, Ruby Red Delicious Grapefruit, Lemon Lift Green Tea
AL: White Chocolate Chip Popcorn
S: Filet Mignon on Baguette, Homemade French Onion Soup, Ice Water
totals: 1209.0 calories

THURSDAY 1/27/2011
B: Scrambled Eggs, (1 whole egg, 2 extra whites), 2 pcs Bacon,
Warmed Spice Peaches, Coffee
ML: 2 oz diced carvery ham with 1 tsp mustard, 1 cup JUICY watermelon
L: Cottage Cheese Tuna Salad with Walnuts & Golden Raisins on Rusks
AL: 2 ginger snaps sandwich cookies with
honey nut cream cheese filling, coffee
S: Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Salad with Pine Nuts, 2 pimento cheese crackers,
Ice Water, 2 European Chocolate Coins
totals: 1206.5 calories

FRIDAY 1/28/2011
B: Sweet Potato Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal with Pecans, Coffee
ML: 10 Almonds. Dried Mango strip, Ice Water
L: White Wine Chicken Ramen Noodle Bowl,
1/3 cup Green Peas, few bell peppers slices,
few onion slices, 1 cup Broccoli, 1 TBSP Almonds!
Ice Water, Coffee
AL: Cottage Cheese Tuna Salad with Walnuts & Golden Raisins on Rusks
S: Filet Mignon and Sweet Green Pea Salad with Pine Nuts
(3 cups Mixed Spring Greens and baby spinach leaves, 1/8 cup feta cheese, 1 Tbsp pine nuts, 1 TBSP Roasted Red Pepper, 1/4 sliced orange bell pepper, 1 TBSP Creamy Parmesan Dressing, 4 oz Filet Mignon cooked in Marsala Wine with grilled onions), Ice Water, Coffee
totals: 1759.8 calories

SATURDAY 1/29/2011

B: Carvery Ham and Egg Onion Bagel (alternative bagel),
Tapioca Pudding YUM! coffee
ML: Pimento Cottage Cheese on Wheat,
Warmed Mandarin Oranges with Cinnamon Sprinkles
Cream Tea
L: Carvery Turkey on Wheat, lettuce, 7 grape tomatoes
Orangel Bell Pepper Strips, Babybel Cheese, Ice Water
AL: Coffee, 2 Biscoffs
S: Flatout Pepperoni Pizza with Red Pepper Flakes, Ice Water
totals: 1446.0 calories
Old 01-30-2011, 01:08 AM   #134  

LOVE the map idea!!! (And didn't you love PEI? I was a kid when I went but it was SO beautiful!) I might even get my son to map it for me...it will give him some mapping skills and keep him involved in my "process". REALLY, REALLY love that idea! Thanks!
Old 01-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #135  

Mapping is a fabulous idea. I dream of going to Hawaii for my 40th b-day...I should "walk" there. It'll have to wait til the snow/ice melts, I hope I remember.
Okay, do you make the sweet potato oatmeal? If so, how?
I want to move somewhere warm someday, one of my closest friends is moving to North Carolina before next winter...but if the Carolinas don't have HuHot then I guess that's not the right place for me.
I got myself a misto, now I have to figure out how to use it so I can estimate the amount of oil I am using. I didn't use enough yesterday and my egg stuck all over the bowl :-(

Yay for the -3 kiki, that is awesome for such a short time. And way to include your son on your journey.

I searched for chair workouts on-line today and came across a chair belly dancing dvd that I'm going to order with my next paycheck..it looks like fun. I also did Paul Eugene's chair workout on my ball. He's..ummm...very charismatic. It was fun just listening to him.

Saturday:
B/L:Banana, Iced coffee and a Breakfast sandwich (ham, egg white and cheese) 14 pp
S:16 oz Chesapeake Corn Chowder (12PP) oyster crackers (4PP) 2oz chicken breast (2PP)
s:2 Oatmeal raisin cookies (8P)

I tried something new last night. I went straight to my bedroom after work, well I grabbed a glass of water, but I didn't watch tv or get on the computer which always leads to over-snacking. I did a few Sudoku puzzles and was sleeping by 2am. I am trying to change my old routine so that I can avoid eating when I am not hungry and I can wake up earlier in the day to get more done. Takes 21 days to make a habit right? 3 days down, 18 to go.
Closed Thread