Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #31  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/progress/life

Rainbow: My cottage cheese an egg salad for two separate things..I'd love a lighter way to make egg salad though. The best part is the miracle whip.
I had to look up what water crackers and maltesers are and your beef ramen bow sounds amazing! I think I'm going to make it for supper tonight.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 300.6/290.6/???

Height: 5'5"

I really like that "SMART" guideline. It helped me to formulate my list. I paid attention to specific and measurable on all of them, but with I also realized that realistic and attainable SHOULD change over time, so I built some of that in. Here is my list:

Exercise

min 15 min per day, 4 days per week (increasing to 20 min/5 days, 25/6, 30/6 in Feb, Mar, Apr)

Food

* count carbs, adjusting daily maximum as necessary each week, starting with 25 (with the final goal to be somewhere between 50 and 100, depending on where I find my "sweet spot" for weight loss and not feeling deprived)

General Weight Loss

* accurately track exercise, carb count, and weight to see when adjustments need to be made

I also used this list to help me set some goals for keeping my house in better shape and being a better mom.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:40 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies

Here is my plan for the day:
B: special k bar and mandarin orange
L: grilled cheese and tomato soup
D: pot roast, potatoes and carrots

Exercise: 12 minutes yoga (done already)
2 hours lap swimming
1 hour water aerobics

It's snowing here, I planned on walking the dogs but not in the snow.

Roxanne
Old 01-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 310/229.5/200

Height: 5'4

Hello Ladies ,

hope everyone is fine!

Goodnuff: Between the pics must be like ~35lbs (3months)

Rox are you really doing that much exercise a day? :O I think thats a bit much, you know to much goes in the other direction, right? Just saying, I've done it and it was not so much fun. And my dogs totally on strike! He's not moving outside the door..grr gets me less exerise minutes and he gets fatter too :P

Sooo my food today!
B: 5 pcs of crispbread with jam/cheese cream and salad, an orange
L: country potatos, 2 pieces of baked fish, sour cream, natural yoghurt with fresh melon and some apple pieces
D: mushroom soup, fresh green beans with tomato (like yesterday) and a natural yoghurt

The Wii said I lost 3lbs since I last been on there (2days ago) wuha..funny thing I'll see on sunday I guess.

Hugs,
Anne

Last edited by RisenDestiny; 01-05-2011 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Dinner changed :D
Old 01-05-2011, 11:47 AM   #35  

Well I as not very successful at the store. I could not think of anything I wanted to cook and could not find the fajita meat at Walmart so I had pizza rolls instead. Super poor choice especially because I had the whole bag. Plus half a package of fig newtons.
Today:
B:Fruit Smoothie and PB toast
S:apple and string cheese
L:Chicken breast, orange, cottage cheese and a salad
D:Ramen with steamed veggies
Old 01-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #36  

Risen: I am actually doing that much exercise. The yoga in the morning is to work on my balance and posture, it isn't too high intensity. The two hour lap swimming won't be that high intensity either, I don't push myself for that, I just enjoy it. It is peaceful. the water aerobics on the other hand will be an hour of high intensity.

Before I hurt myself I was used to doing this much exercise. I am actually trying to train my body to do more exercise because my goal is to hike to the top of Mt. St. Helens with my VERY athletic and active older sisters by this summer. That will be at least 8 hours of hiking. There is NO way I could do that in the shape I am in right now. My oldest sister is already making plans to come down from Canada to do this hike with me. As soon as the weather is at all nice enough I am going to be hitting the trails for hiking!

Roxanne
Old 01-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 300/273/160

Height: 5'11"

Rainbow - I have two misto sprayers, one for EVOO and one for canola oil for baking. I love them! I will be making some pita chips for tomorrow, they sound awesome!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 310/229.5/200

Height: 5'4

I wish I could do much more exercise...but I dont have a own pool I gotta go there by a 20mins drive and pay nearly 4€ for 2hrs of swimming.. it really gets to me Swimming is the only sport I really enjoy and could actually do everyday..so now I just go there 2-3 times a week. Unless TOM's here, I just dont like swimming with Tom

Well get on Rox! You can do it
Old 01-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #39  

Risen: I am the same way. The Y is only a few minutes from my house and you will see that 90% of my exercise is water. I am so not fond of anything else and its too cold to do much walking right now. There is no way I could do three hours of a workout outside of the pool! My body would rebel! lol

Roxanne
Old 01-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #40  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Good.....i have inserted a picture of the RAMEN NOODLE BOWL....its a BIG bowl too!! And is so good and filling especially after working out at the gym. I grill a large batch of peppers and onions on Sundays....then put them into the fridge and use them all week. The broccoli cooks uber fast in the microwave or stove top, the beef fajita meet is ready made, just a quick warm up...and of course those ramen noodles cook fast...so this is my answer to fast food!! Today, I was out of Ramen noodles, so used Orzo Pasta instead, 1/3 cup dry...also added a cup of cauliflower with the broccoli and a few pine nuts!! ooooh my it was good too!!! I found the fajita meat in a package....in the section where the tyson meals and hormel entree meals are...near the regular meat. this is a picture, minus the tops....as they are already opened. i liked the chicken better than the beef...the beef had some grissly parts and i detest biting into things like that!! so i made sure the next time i cut the pcs into smaller pcs....and removed any grissly part...the flavor is good, and its a quick fix....if you don't have time to pre-make your own chicken or beef. i prefer making my own, but this is a great substitute!! i also got to thinking about that cottage cheese and egg salad...and am going to make some tonight and will let you know!! hugs, susan

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Old 01-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 330/330/250ish

Height: 6'

Hi everybody. Goals for January.... lose 20 pounds, which is pretty reasonable, as I have a bunch to lose and should lose 6 or 7 this week... and walk/bike/elliptical 60 minutes a day.... and lift at least 3 days a week.

I'm not counting calories, or grams yet, just trying to eat good food, no junk, nothing out of a box, no white sugar, flour, etc. I think I just set a world record for commas in one sentence.

Have a good evening.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:23 PM   #42  
Feed Your Freedom

hello ladies

good....i am so there with you on that miracle whip!!! i really loved the "if i lose 1 pound a week" post...what a clever thing!! i printed it out!!! thanks so much for sharing.

risen...woohoooo 3 pounds!! thats wonderful!! keep up the great work!!

rox...OMG...you are doing awesome on your exercising!! what a great way to start the new year off!!! keep up that good work and i can't wait to see you at the end of the year!! we can do this!!!

ladyknight....i love my MISTO....i ordered it from ebay...and use it nearly every day. I pumped it up until it wouldn't pump any more....and then sprayed it into a measureing spoon until it ran out of the air...and it was less than 1 tsp. When I roast veggies, I only used two full sprays, so i was amazed at how many calories and fat i saved!! I even use it to pan "fry" my chicken breasts cutlets...and to make those pita chips!! gotta love technology!!

irish....you are doing so well....i have found the best advice i can offer, is the advice someone told me....educate yourself as much as possible...and with the internet and 3fc....we can learn so much....you are very wise to make your goals specific...i need to work on that too!!

so yesterday i had:
B: broccoli and cheese frittata, 2 pcs bacon, coffee
ML: 10 almonds, 1 digestive biscuit, Luscious Lime Green Tea
L: spincah dip, 6 water crackers, 4 slices dried beef, ice water
AL: 1 cinnamon graham cracker, 1 tbsp nutella, 1 dried plum, dried mango strips, luscious lime green tea
S: ham with grilled pineapple, baked sweet potato fries, steamed broccoli, ice water

hope everyone is have a beautiful day!! hugs, susan
Old 01-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #43  
Feed Your Freedom

Default Roasted Red Pepper Cottage Cheese Egg Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnuff View Post
Rainbow: My cottage cheese an egg salad for two separate things..I'd love a lighter way to make egg salad though. The best part is the miracle whip
omgoodness!!! Good....you got me to thinking about egg salad...so i searched for some type of recipe...i don't like a lot of extras in my egg salad...so after finding a few recipes, i decided on my own version...and i have to say, OHMYGOODNES....IT IS DELICIOUS!!!

4 hard boiled eggs...use 1 whole bolied egg, and the whites ONLY from the other three...discard the other yolks (that is where most of the fat is in an egg)
1 TBSP diced roasted red pepper
1/4 cup large curd cottage cheese
1 tsp milk
sea salt, and pepper to taste

i diced the pepper and egg whites and 1 yolk, into small bowl.
in my little magic bullet blender...i added the cottage cheese and milk and pulsed a few seconds...it had the consistency of mayo

mix all together and it is sooooooooooo good....nice and thick like regular egg salad with the most delicious flavor!!!!
it really would be enough for 2 small servings but i ate the whole thing!! so i consider it 1 serving! haha

calories: 195.5, fat grams: 7.2, carbs: 6.6 grams, protein: 13 grams

you could easily cut the fat if you used low fat cottage cheese...i only like the large curd regular....i'd rather have less of the real thing than more of a low fat kind...just my own preference.

hope you like it!!

[/IMG]

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-05-2011 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 349/T/180

Thanks for the info on the Green Tea...I have had it before and I love tea, so I will def had it to my day!!!
Good-thanks for the post I copied it and put it in my journal for inspiration!
Rainbow-that Raman Noodle Bowl looks yummy...I will have to try it!!!
Ladyknight-I was reading one of your posts and the Pita Chips sound great...never thought about making my own.

I love all of the the good food ideas that I am getting from this thread...so thanks!

I hope everyone is doing well, I have had a little bit of a difficult time getting my routine back, but today was much better. I have been on jury duty for three weeks and as it progressed along with the holidays, I kinda fell of of the wagon. Slowly and surely I am getting back on, so thank goodness it is now over. I am back to work and my routine, which I am finding that I desperately need. I think I am moving past the sweet cravings...I actually threw away a giant Hershey Kiss that I found on my desk when I got back to work this morning (haven't been there since the week before Christmas)...a month ago, I would have ate the entire thing by lunch time!!!

Wishing you all well....
Old 01-06-2011, 02:44 AM   #45  

You all have no idea how excited I get when I see all of the new posts when I log on. Yay for my little thread. I'm having fun seeing new people and thrilled to see some familiar faces from the last few months. I hope we are all together at the end of the year too!!!
KT-I too am loving all of the food ideas.
Rainbow-I will find that fajita meat somewhere, there's is a Walmart on every corner here ;-) And the egg salad looks so yummy. I will give it a try. I really love the large curd too and just recently stated buying it again...I agree, I'd rather have a smaller portion of something I truly enjoy.
Rox-You work it girl, you'll be hiking to the top in no time if you keep your routine up.
Welcome Irish, I'm glad you found the goal setting tips so helpful.
And welcome Radar too, that's a lofty goal and I wish you the hard work and determination you will need to achieve it. I always stick to 1-2 pounds/week based on all of the weight loss material I have read. Big goals are good motivators for some though so go kick butt!
I have WI in the morning and hoping to have either lot one pound or maintained.
Closed Thread