Old 12-18-2010, 11:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 349/T/180

Height: 5'8

Default Getting Away

I am thinking about taking some time off from work next month to focus on me. I have never done this before and I haven't had a vacation in quite some time. Over the last 12 years, all of my vacation time has been spent taking my daughter to cheer competitions or traveling for family obligations etc etc. I am not complaining, because we have some really great memories and it was what it was. Now that my daughter is in college, I have a lot more time for myself and I kind of don't know what to do. I really am trying to get healthy and lose some weight, but I don't have the kind of money it would take to go to some sort of "weight loss spa".
Does anyone have any ideas or have you done something like this yourself? Or would it be a bad idea to break a routine while in the beginning stages of the changes I am taking on...I was thinking that maybe I should not take the time off now...any thoughts?
KTFaith05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #2  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

KT....come to charleston sc...and we can create our own boot camp!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:01 AM   #3  
Reformed Chef

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/?

Height: 5'6"

If you have just gotten into your routine and were asking if it was a good idea to do something stressful then no. But taking time off to focus on yourself is just going to help you. You wouldn't have to spend a ton of money either. You wouldn't have to travel. Just stay in and practice cooking new recipes, treat yourself to a pedicure. Go to the library and check out cookbooks and things you find inspirational. Go to a matinee. Do things just for you. Get exercise. Experiment with different activities and find what you like. Treat your body as your temple and enjoy some me time.
AmandaMamma is offline   Reply With Quote