Old 12-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #1  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 327.6/321.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Talking S/O from "100 Reasons": 100 Reasons I love myself enough to do this right

Princesspuffypants challenged people on the "100 Reasons I Hate Being Fat" thread to make a list of things we love about ourselves. I thought this was a great idea, but I couldn't help but notice that a whole bunch of people had a lot of reasons they hate where they're at, and a few of those sounded pretty self-loathing, but not one person responded to her challenge with even one reason why they believe they're worth this!

Chalk it up to the fact that I am an eternal cheerleader, but I'd like to see some optimism! I'll post my list once it's done...who's going to post theirs with me?
lavieboheme73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #2  

Good Golly Bo!!! 100 Reasons!

I started a list and found I could only come up with a couple dozen before I started repeating myself. So here are a few (5) at the top of my list...

Reasons I love myself enough to do this right.

1) For Me... I'm worth and I deserve it!

2) For my son... he needs me to guide him through life.

3) For my husband... I need him!

4) Because I haven't met colormerd47 (Ags) yet!

5) Because I'm only 51 and I ain't done and heaven ain't ready for me yet!
learningtoliveagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:18 PM   #3  
No Day But Today

Here it is, as promised:

100 Reasons I'm Worth It (Numbers 1-20):

1. God loves me. A whole lot. But He would rather have me down here doing His work right now than up there in Heaven taking it easy.
2. My kids love me. A whole lot. And they're kind of on the same page as God.
3. My husband loves me. You guessed it...a whole lot. Yep...my husband and God are definitely on the same page.
4. I am freakin' HOT already...I'm gonna be so much hotter when I get where I'm going.
5. I love roller coasters, and I can't wait to ride one again!
6. Dancing is fun right now, but will look and feel a whole lot better when I'm thinner.
7. Miniskirts...HELLO!!! I'll be rockin' them. See #4...these legs are only getting better as they get smaller and stronger.
8. I have spent enough time apologizing for myself...I rock, and that's all there is to it. I wouldn't treat someone else I really liked the way I treat myself, so I have resolved to start treating me like the cool person I am!
9. I am too cute to be huffing and puffing and sweaty when I get to the top of a flight of stairs.
10. I have wonderful skin and I want to show it off!
11. I have gorgeous, sparkly green eyes that will look really big and pretty when my cheeks aren't in the way every time I smile.
12. Pretty, long red hair is even prettier and looks even longer on a slammin' little body.
13. Taking time to go walking is taking time for me. I may have mentioned I'm pretty cool to hang around. I really should spend more time hanging around me.
14. Eating right makes my tummy feel good and makes me feel good about myself. Win-win.
15. My dog is awfully fond of my company too. He loves to walk with me. Canine bonding is nothing but good!
16. Charity walks/runs: "Charity" should have been my middle name. I am a huge fan of giving back. I get the chance to do that AND work on my slammin' body at the same time...oh yeah, and running clothes are tight, short and pretty stinkin' cute. Kinda like me, except for the "short" part.
17. I will consider my life complete when I can walk past a group of men and make them stammer and drop things. I may be married, but I ain't dead!
18. Two words: Lucky Jeans. There's a pair out there with my name on them! It's unfortunate that they don't come in my size. I must do what I can to resolve this.
19. My attitude is contagious. I inspire people. I want to give them another reason to be inspired.
20. When I smile, lots of other people do, too. I want lots of reasons to smile.

More later, when I have more time to type them out!! Stay tuned!!!!
Old 12-23-2010, 02:27 AM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

i love this. since it was my challenge, i too, will add to it. i am just checking in right now while im editing a video, but i will be back to do this
princesspuffypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #5  
No Day But Today

Awesome! I was hoping you wouldn't be mad that I kind of hijacked your challenge!
Old 12-23-2010, 05:17 PM   #6  
banned

Bo, not even! im totally stoked on it. but i will one up you, instead of even thinking about how good its going to be, whats good RIGHT NOW?
Old 12-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #7  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavieboheme73 View Post
8. I have spent enough time apologizing for myself...I rock, and that's all there is to it. I wouldn't treat someone else I really liked the way I treat myself, so I have resolved to start treating me like the cool person I am!
I love your whole list, Bo (and yours, too, Learn), but I'm going to go ahead and highlight this one, because I rock, too, and that really is all there is to it. I love my daughter (BOY, DO I LOVE HER!), I adore my husband (THE ABSOLUTE MAN OF MY DREAMS), and I have 2 of the best doggies that ever walked the face of the Earth.

But who does a FANTASTIC job of taking care of these precious, precious souls? ME!!! Who brings home the bacon, fries it up in a pan, never lets him forget he's a man, supports the kiddo in EVERYTHING she does, snuggles the doggies and keeps them healthy and happy and takes them for walks, and just pretty much keeps the whole ball rolling? ME, awesome, wonderful, outstanding, beautiful, sweet, hard-working, fun, adorable ME! Yep, that's right everyone, I ROCK!!!!! Not a whole lot this self of mine can't do when she puts her mind to it, so let the games continue! Oh yeah, oh yeah! Sorry you guys don't get to know me in "real life", because I really am that awesome! hahahahhahahahaha

I needed to cheer for myself today.
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #8  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonmb View Post
I love your whole list, Bo (and yours, too, Learn), but I'm going to go ahead and highlight this one, because I rock, too, and that really is all there is to it. I love my daughter (BOY, DO I LOVE HER!), I adore my husband (THE ABSOLUTE MAN OF MY DREAMS), and I have 2 of the best doggies that ever walked the face of the Earth.

But who does a FANTASTIC job of taking care of these precious, precious souls? ME!!! Who brings home the bacon, fries it up in a pan, never lets him forget he's a man, supports the kiddo in EVERYTHING she does, snuggles the doggies and keeps them healthy and happy and takes them for walks, and just pretty much keeps the whole ball rolling? ME, awesome, wonderful, outstanding, beautiful, sweet, hard-working, fun, adorable ME! Yep, that's right everyone, I ROCK!!!!! Not a whole lot this self of mine can't do when she puts her mind to it, so let the games continue! Oh yeah, oh yeah! Sorry you guys don't get to know me in "real life", because I really am that awesome! hahahahhahahahaha

I needed to cheer for myself today.
i want to move to ohio and be your new BFF!!!! love your spunky attitude!!!! love YOU!!! i think YOU ROCK TOO~~~~
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #9  
banned

shannon THATS the stuff im talking about baby! i LOVE it!
Old 12-24-2010, 01:08 PM   #10  
No Day But Today

A lot of my list already was what's good right now...as I mentioned, it's good now and only getting better!

OK, so here's the next 10 good things...there's more than 10, but I'm busy enough that I can only find time to type 10 at a time!

1. I don't like to brag...ok, yes, I do...but I have incredible fashion sense. I can put together an outfit like no other, and I can do without breaking a budget! I don't shy away from playing with the trends, and I love to do things that are unexpected and take chances with my combinations.

2. I make incredibly awesome soap, bath and body products, lip balm, and candles. I am a strong, proficient business woman who has a great product line of her own behind which she can stand with pride.

3. In the middle of this past year, I quit my day job to run the business I mentioned above. I started this from absolute scratch on a very low budget, and have single-handedly built the business into a means of financial support for myself and my family. On any given day, I am supply clerk, research and development, customer service representative, production, accounts payable and receivable, custodian, and/or delivery driver. Most days I'm all of the above. There are plenty of people out there who only do one of these jobs in a day. I do them all, and I do them very well, thank you!

4. I am also a darn good cook. I am taking all my new recipes that I have learned, and putting them to good use to keep myself and my family healthy and fit for the rest of our lives. If I have any say in it, my daughters will never fight the battles I have fought in my life, because they'll be well armed enough to know how to avoid them.

5. I throw the kinds of parties that leave all my friends going "Holy cow, that was awesome!"...without the assistance of alchohol, mind you. We are a semi-dry household...only beer and wine and the very occasional splash of rum for our rum and coke, or tequila for our margaritas are permitted. Most of the time, we're making frozen virgin drinks, and no one misses it at my parties, because they're too busy having fun! It's quite an accomplishment when you can truthfully say "everyone had a blast and will still be able to drive home safely!"

6. I am actually preparing right now to go sing with our church praise band. We're doing 2 acapella arrangements, on which I set up the hamony parts, because in addition to the rest of my awesomeness, I can find my way around a piece of music quite well...with no formal training, I might add!

7. Most of the gifts I'm giving this Christmas are all handmade by yours truly, because that's just how I roll. I am quite proud of my ability to use my skills and talents to put together gifts that actually mean something besides "oh, that's nice."

8. I have successfully raised my children to be kind and loving people who are quick to lend a helping hand, know the value of a kind word, and are independent people who can stand on their own two feet, just like their mother. They also know God and talk to Him regularly, which is something I never had in my youth. They know Him because I made sure they were introduced at a very young age.

9. I just got my wedding pictures back and discovered that I am way more photogenic than I once thought!

10. I have discovered, in this process of getting to know myself, that one can choose, when faced with a less than ideal situation, to be either a victim or a survivor. A victim lets their situation define who they are. A survivor will recognize the situation as part of what shapes the person they have become, but will use the lessons they have learned to rise above and create a new triumph. I am extraordinarily proud to have earned the right to wear the label of SURVIVOR!